Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 15, 2019 5:04 AM

Jul 2009
So was watching this with the bf and i legit had to pause the episode and explain some of the stuff they missed exposition wise....also bad CG....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 15, 2019 8:51 AM
Feb 2018
Well, Isekai serves a pretty specific age group of audiences so I don't mind if there are people enjoying this anime. However, purely base on what is in the first episode, it is really bad. Let me summarize the story for you and see if it does reflect what is in the first episode:

A loser who is teleported together with his classmate to a *insert generic fantasy world here*. Unfortunately, he falls for a dirty trick of ONLY one of his classmate who hate him. Because of that, our MC suffers alone in the dungeon and almost die, he comes to the conclusion that everyone has betrayed him and he will find any mean to return even if he need to kill anyone blocking his way.

The manga/LN may show a different view to the characters but since I only consider the content of the anime, this crap is what I can see from first episode.

I don't want to show favoritism to other show but for example, in Shield Hero, at least we see that the MC is treated so unfairly that it irritates. This helps the story progress in a unique way that we all have watch. In this anime, I only see a loser brat MC who feel the hatred for a freaking stupid reason. It is justifiable to direct the hatred the one who plots against him but to those really did help him before, it just feels childish to me.
Jul 15, 2019 8:57 AM

Feb 2015
Ventus_S said:
Quick note, Goblin Slayer is NOT an Isekai. It's pure fantasy setting, with mc born in that world.

Neither is Katanagatari.
Not like OP said they are so why are you even mentioning it?
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
Jul 15, 2019 9:25 AM
Feb 2019
There's really something off about the first episode. The pace was weird, the and sorry to say,not particularly impressed with the voice acting done by the male MC(haven't checked,is he new?). I don't care about anything being "edgy" but I think the direction could've been a lot better. Still gonna give it a shot because I support Kuwahara Yuuki(haven't seen her get a lead role in a while). There's also other very good VA's like Takahashi Minami and Oonishi Saori. Really surprised about the somewhat "low art quality" too since Whitefox is usually spot on when it comes to this.
Jul 17, 2019 12:20 AM

Feb 2016
Don't care much the score. But I like the first episode, not to much annoying drama; straight to the point to point by skipping the pleasures.
Jul 17, 2019 8:16 AM

Jan 2016
DinoSon said:
Well, Isekai serves a pretty specific age group of audiences so I don't mind if there are people enjoying this anime. However, purely base on what is in the first episode, it is really bad. Let me summarize the story for you and see if it does reflect what is in the first episode:

A loser who is teleported together with his classmate to a *insert generic fantasy world here*. Unfortunately, he falls for a dirty trick of ONLY one of his classmate who hate him. Because of that, our MC suffers alone in the dungeon and almost die, he comes to the conclusion that everyone has betrayed him and he will find any mean to return even if he need to kill anyone blocking his way.

The manga/LN may show a different view to the characters but since I only consider the content of the anime, this crap is what I can see from first episode.

I don't want to show favoritism to other show but for example, in Shield Hero, at least we see that the MC is treated so unfairly that it irritates. This helps the story progress in a unique way that we all have watch. In this anime, I only see a loser brat MC who feel the hatred for a freaking stupid reason. It is justifiable to direct the hatred the one who plots against him but to those really did help him before, it just feels childish to me.

I agree too
Even when I read the Manga it was less interesting, and in the scene of eating monsters it reminded me of TG where the MC's hair turned white and baddas.
In the next chapter, when meet loli vampires and female rabbits, and then defeat monsters, from the many Isekai that I read even this is quite boring.
I hope to get a good sensation when the anime adaptation, 2 episodes have been aired, but this is too
dramatic.
Jul 17, 2019 2:41 PM
May 2019
Why?
Because its CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAP. Fermented Feces.......the worst.
Jul 17, 2019 5:23 PM
Oct 2018
Remind me of shitty hentai, one that tries so hard to shove some plot in there, but can't fit it in...

Though seriously, the only redeeming quality of shitty hentai is the hentai, whereas we now have a shitty hentai without the part where they fuck.

P.S. I personally love the manga, but this is just way to rushed.
Jul 19, 2019 5:04 AM
Feb 2009
Henryxho14 said:
Ok most of these low scores are from light novel and manga readers complaining on how it isn’t the same as the manga or light novel and skipped a lot of stuff. Even though it fails as an adaptation in their terms, that doesn’t mean it fails as its own anime. I think that low 6 score is uncalled for since I personally enjoyed the first episode, and I am a manga and light novel reader of the series myself. I don’t really care if the anime has a lot of differences than the original source, so that’s why I don’t really care what direction the show will go on from here, since ai would probably enjoy the show till the end. I’m just really mad about how these manga and light novel readers are like “omg this show is not like the manga or light novel at all im going to give it a 1/10 on MAL”, but then again that CGI though LMAOO

6 is an OK score if you just enjoyed it.
Can you give arguments what is so good about it that it should be higher?
Jul 19, 2019 7:08 AM
Mar 2018
ex_necross said:
isekai
edgy mc
weird pacing
bad cgi
confusing(or lack of) plot
some users' hate for shield hero (justified or not) being blindly redirected towards this
overreaction / bandwagoning from MAL users

All of that mixed together.
thanks for review
Jul 19, 2019 10:54 AM

Nov 2015
Still waiting to see how this turns out after a few episodes. Gave it a 10 for the sake of not being a sheep. :D

I guess final score comes after I've seen all 13 episodes.
Jul 19, 2019 7:47 PM

May 2009
Thread locked for not encouraging discussion.

Threads about ranking and/or scores just encourage flame wars between people who liked the show and people who disliked it. They don't promote any kind of actual discussion.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

383 by Rishabh1348 »»
Mar 5, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2019

103 by TsunamiYT »»
Mar 2, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2019

173 by Seabury »»
Jan 14, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2019

158 by Seabury »»
Jan 13, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2019

171 by Mizangrh »»
Dec 26, 2023 8:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.