Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 8, 2019 12:38 PM

Feb 2019
Been waiting so long for this and my disappointment is immense. I don’t even know where to begin. I was initially upset it was on Hulu instead of CR because that’ll mean less people watch it, which is kinda ok, because it’ll be more niche.

The OP’s song fire af, but the visuals look like unfinished rough drafts and the cuts...

The pacing and narrative of the episode is all over the place

Honestly, just save your time and read the LN.

I just wanna know who greenlit this bullshit. Why even make the anime if you’re going to take away everything that made the LN’s so popular? I’m extremely disappointed in what they've done to one of my favourite series.
Marinate1016Jul 8, 2019 6:50 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 8, 2019 12:50 PM

Dec 2018
Even me was very disappointed I was a fool to expect too much from this
Jul 8, 2019 12:52 PM

Oct 2017
I'd quote my own words:

"The execution and presentation of the anime is TERRIBLE.
The way they mesh in 4 different timeline randomly when they try to explain something is such an atrocious way of telling story , and easily break all immersion.
It's hard to care about ANYONE in the show due to the way the timeline and flashback is layed out.

The production value is absolute trash with jarring immersion breaking cheap CGI monsters. When it's not CGI, it's either static or it looks cheap as hell.

The voice acting of mc is trash since the beginning. I can't get the emotion out of him, be it fear/ pain/ terror/ struggle. All of them seem SO FAKE due to how bad the voice acting is. And because of the way the plot is layed out, it's hard to care about mc at all despite his suffering.."
Jul 8, 2019 12:53 PM
Jan 2019
Well there goes another one of my fav isekai getting a shit adaptation
Jul 8, 2019 12:55 PM

Aug 2016
someone please tell me this was a pre-alpha episode or something, this can't be real...
Reven-of-deathJul 8, 2019 1:03 PM
Jul 8, 2019 12:58 PM

Apr 2019
I thought this anime looks great but I'm an idiot to expect this to be great.
Jul 8, 2019 1:01 PM

Dec 2018
Ventus_S said:
I'd quote my own words:

"The execution and presentation of the anime is TERRIBLE.
The way they mesh in 4 different timeline randomly when they try to explain something is such an atrocious way of telling story , and easily break all immersion.
It's hard to care about ANYONE in the show due to the way the timeline and flashback is layed out.

The production value is absolute trash with jarring immersion breaking cheap CGI monsters. When it's not CGI, it's either static or it looks cheap as hell.

The voice acting of mc is trash since the beginning. I can't get the emotion out of him, be it fear/ pain/ terror/ struggle. All of them seem SO FAKE due to how bad the voice acting is. And because of the way the plot is layed out, it's hard to care about mc at all despite his suffering.."
totally agreed with that didn't even took me 5 mins to drop it
Jul 8, 2019 1:12 PM
Dec 2017
dang i was exited when i heard they were gonna adapt this to an anime, but this is very dissapointing. Like wtf is the voice acting for the mc???
Jul 8, 2019 1:19 PM

Apr 2019
VeryColourful said:
dang i was exited when i heard they were gonna adapt this to an anime, but this is very dissapointing. Like wtf is the voice acting for the mc???

I wish Okamoto Nobuhiko is the voice actor for the MC...
Jul 8, 2019 1:28 PM
Apr 2009
Can you correct me but how long they make anime? One week before release?
I have feel that director don't read source or he is drunk :)
Jul 8, 2019 1:36 PM
Feb 2017
Maybe it'll get better :) probably not :(
Jul 8, 2019 1:48 PM

Aug 2016
Indeed, they forced two episodes worth materials in a single episode with 24 minutes.

In terms of art it was good enough and yet the execution was terrible. I wonder why did they have to rush so much? It's a lot better if they made it 2 cour instead.

The way they insert flashback like that while rushing made it seem so dull like the behemoth scene or kaori's night visit. Even though the prologue was very good in LN the anime actually ruined it. At the very least the manga still quite faithful at that part although it's still also far from LN.
whiters99Jul 8, 2019 2:13 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2019 1:51 PM

Aug 2014
im also disappointed even though i had such low expectations to begin with..

Jul 8, 2019 1:53 PM
Feb 2017
whiters99 said:
Indeed, they forced a two episodes worth material in a single episode with 24 minutes.

In terms of art it was good enough and yet the execution was terrible. I wonder why did they have to rush so much? It's a lot better if they made it 2 cour instead.

The way they insert flashback like that while rushing made it seem so dull like the behemoth scene or kaori's night visit. Even though the prologue was very good in LN the anime actually ruined it. At the very least the manga still quite faithful at that part although it's still also far from LN.

No wonder it felt so rushed, couldn't they have just split it into 2 episodes? Then again, we won't know until they release a reason as to why.
Jul 8, 2019 1:54 PM

Jan 2009
whiters99 said:
Indeed, they forced a two episodes worth material in a single episode with 24 minutes.

The fact it's 1 cour combined with the isekai curse as i call it (aka rush until you meet other members of the main cast) meant for me that this episode was going to be rushed as most of them are, but even still this almost beat kenja no mago in how fast it's pace was, hopefully it slows down.

But either way this seems to be a trend with isekai's, correct me if i'm wrong but didn't shield hero also have a rushed first episode?
Jul 8, 2019 1:57 PM

Aug 2014
Tatsuya said:
correct me if i'm wrong but didn't shield hero also have a rushed first episode?
actually,shield hero's first episode was a full 45minutes long xd,

the rest of it is a different story though

Jul 8, 2019 2:01 PM
Jan 2018
EvoX said:
tv anime is usually in production for a couple of months and when broadcast begins they usually have about 5-7 episodes ready while the other teams are still finishing up the other episodes. Usually multiple episodes are being made at the same time by different teams. No anime episode is made within a week
Jul 8, 2019 2:03 PM
Anime Jesus

Apr 2016
BlakexEkalb said:
Maybe it'll get better :) probably not :(
That's what I'm looking at. There was OBVIOUSLY a lot that could have been better. But it's the FIRST episode. They should definitely have taken a Shield Hero approach to this episode, but they didn't. Maybe they're going at a different angle? I thought the point at which they started was ok as long as we're going to get more flash backs.
Jul 8, 2019 2:04 PM
Mar 2013
First six minutes say how horrible it is from that, you can already see how much they skip and I'm honestly fine with that shit because it is "anime..." but when I get my favorite part of Hajime going crazy with this kind of voice acting and animation.. I'm honestly fck disappointed beyond the words.
Jul 8, 2019 2:05 PM

Aug 2016
BlakexEkalb said:
whiters99 said:

No wonder it felt so rushed, couldn't they have just split it into 2 episodes? Then again, we won't know until they release a reason as to why.

I can only think of four reasons:

1.They wanted to end the season on volume 4 LN, that's why they skipped much.

2.They wanted to appeal the unique of the series right away to the viewers by showing the main part of the story (Hajime fell to the abyss) maybe because they don't want viewers to see the series as generic or mainstream by detailing the prologue? Or they just don't consider it as important. Who knows.

3. Not enough budget to make 48 minutes first episode or 2 cour season.

4. Shitty director.
whiters99Jul 8, 2019 2:09 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2019 2:08 PM

Oct 2017
whiters99 said:
BlakexEkalb said:

1.They want to end the season on volume 4 LN, that's why they skipped much.

2.They wanted to appeal the unique of the series right away to the reader by showing the main part of the story (Hajime fell to the abyss) maybe because they don't want watchers to see the series as generic or mainstream by detailing the prologue?

4. Shitty director.

Probably a combination of 1, 3, and 4.

Jul 8, 2019 2:13 PM

Jan 2009
TheDiabolicEsper said:
Tatsuya said:
correct me if i'm wrong but didn't shield hero also have a rushed first episode?

Shield hero also had the benefit of each version having specific differences to each media to differentiate it from the rest which was probably partly to sell more books and manga, though anime watchers probably wouldn't have liked naofumi's more jerkish ways in the other versions, one only needs to look at the terrible handling of overlord to see how that can cause a viewer shock, whether we like it or not villainous heroes rarely have large appeal to a wide audience.

Anyway thanks for that info, though tbh something still felt off about shield hero's first episode to me.
Jul 8, 2019 2:16 PM

Aug 2014
Tatsuya said:
TheDiabolicEsper said:

Shield hero also had the benefit of each version having specific differences to each media to differentiate it from the rest which was probably partly to sell more books and manga, though anime watchers probably wouldn't have liked naofumi's more jerkish ways in the other versions,
? i was talking about the rest of the episodes

Jul 8, 2019 2:17 PM
Apr 2019
While I think it they could have made it an hour 1st episode and it woulda been better, it was still a great episode and the results are the same.
Jul 8, 2019 2:31 PM
Dec 2018
I dont know what to say anymore.
really dissatisfied.
if another episode still like this, i need to stop watching and wait for the manga or LN updates than. We wait for so long for this animation. but the producers and studio isnt serious when making this animation. Please, if you dont have money to make this animation, dont do it, bcs this anime's story is a masterpiece. Please dont make us dissapoint. We wait for so long and this is what you give to us. Oh really. Thanks for trying to make our favorite manga/ln to be an anime. REALLY MAKE US DISSAPOINT.
Jul 8, 2019 2:32 PM
Sep 2016
EvoX said:

No, they delayed it, at first it should have aired in 2018, I think it was because the publisher wasn't happy with how it looks... I can't imagine how bad the first version was.
Jul 8, 2019 2:35 PM

Jan 2009
TheDiabolicEsper said:
Tatsuya said:

Shield hero also had the benefit of each version having specific differences to each media to differentiate it from the rest which was probably partly to sell more books and manga, though anime watchers probably wouldn't have liked naofumi's more jerkish ways in the other versions,
? i was talking about the rest of the episodes

I was referring to a in-general take on isekai and anime in general, shield hero's pace was off but for a isekai it seemed about par for the course, the changes they made to the anime to an extent worked in it's favor.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Jul 8, 2019 2:49 PM
Jun 2014
It's unfinished, sound effects are missing, character moves his mouth like he's saying something but instead it's just panting noises at 4:30. And the story, wtf happened there? he went from a little sissy b**** to some crazed psychopath in a minute, all the random flashbacks don't help, and there's a damn opening for episode 1? how is this crap 8.10 on mal? this is barely a 7, even less.
Jul 8, 2019 2:50 PM

Apr 2019
i feel like isekai get worse and worse as the time progresses
SAO doesn't looks so bad now :D
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 8, 2019 3:03 PM

Jan 2017
wow this is first anime i immediately rate less than 3 wow this is garbage of garbages... manga is compared to this godlike actually go read manga it's fricken 100% better wow no words left
Jul 8, 2019 3:24 PM

Jul 2013
whiters99 said:
BlakexEkalb said:

1.They wanted to end the season on volume 4 LN, that's why they skipped much.

2.They wanted to appeal the unique of the series right away to the viewers by showing the main part of the story (Hajime fell to the abyss) maybe because they don't want viewers to see the series as generic or mainstream by detailing the prologue? Or they just don't consider it as important. Who knows.

4. Shitty director.

Definitely 4 tbh, I mean can really trust the same director that did Sin:Nanatsu no Taizai?

Jul 8, 2019 3:31 PM

Oct 2017
kanter123 said:
wow this is first anime i immediately rate less than 3 wow this is garbage of garbages... manga is compared to this godlike actually go read manga it's fricken 100% better wow no words left

Coming from someone who has a mean score of 8.87, him rating 3 really is a powerful message of how bad the show is lolz.
Jul 8, 2019 3:32 PM

Jul 2016
Nim0174 said:
SAO IS SUPERIOR and its not isekai.

Jul 8, 2019 3:33 PM

Apr 2019
chriskor022 said:
Nim0174 said:

thats true, but people often classify it as one :D
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 8, 2019 3:33 PM

Apr 2019
chriskor022 said:
Nim0174 said:

You son of a .. turtle

Jul 8, 2019 3:47 PM

Oct 2015
I'm hoping because they adapt this LN like this mean their budget is for Re:zero S2
Jul 8, 2019 3:55 PM

Oct 2017
Prog_upworks13 said:
I'm hoping because they adapt this LN like this mean their budget is for Re:zero S2

Watch the staff , dude.
The director has directed shit like Mirai Nikki and other terrible stuffs.
Studio means nothing, especially with collaboration like this.
Jul 8, 2019 4:00 PM
Jul 2019
Oh cmon guys it can’t be THAT bad right?
My shtummy hurt x4
Jul 8, 2019 4:06 PM

May 2015
CartiKun said:

You have no idea...
Jul 8, 2019 4:12 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
CartiKun said:

read the novel and you have an idea :D
Jul 8, 2019 4:15 PM

Mar 2017
I was probably going to drop this on the first episode anyway, and now I'm seeing all these complaints before I've started even watching. That's twenty minutes I can spend wasting on something else.

'nom'
Jul 8, 2019 4:19 PM

Feb 2013
Arifureta isn't bad or that very good as a LN but very fun either way. but damn, that adaptation is disgustingly bad. Terrible direction, animation, CG, many skipped content (they don't even show that it's an Isekai lmao) and so on. It's a huge trainwreck and I won't lose my time with it when I already have many anime to watch so I'll just continue in the novel.
Jul 8, 2019 5:13 PM
Jun 2019
I thought this anime series was like black clover, but better. Ya know mc born into a magical world (not reincarnated/teleported), very op. But, no! It was an isekai. Didn't know it was an isekai till now. (why did they have rush *suffer*emoji*)
Jul 8, 2019 5:15 PM
Sep 2016
Prog_upworks13 said:

It doesn’t mean anything, Re:Zero and Arifureta are from 2 different publishers they don't have a common budget.
At best we can expect the studio to have dedicated more staff to Re:zero but since Arifureta should have aired last year before being delayed I doubt the 2 series had much influence on each other.
Jul 8, 2019 5:25 PM

Nov 2012
It wasn't good, just okay. It could still somewhat recover in episode 2 or 3 as in they could do the story of how they got there and the other characters similar to how the Youjo Senki anime did. As is though, it's 'meh' I guess.
Jul 8, 2019 5:27 PM

Dec 2015
Now I can drop this anime without ever regretting it. :D

They better not fuck up Mushoku Tensei though.
Jul 8, 2019 5:54 PM
Sep 2018
I don't know what everyone expected seeing Asread as the main studio doing the job. I expected to be trash as all hell, because it would not have Kinema Citrus visuals and music (honestly they have really good reputation for that and Shield Hero was fairly consistent). So this show is just Shield Hero without the fake rape allegations but with a whole lot more gore and edge added. Honestly, MC is like Naofumi consumed by Rage Shield only 10x more insane. The quality overall is laughable but I still found it enjoyable and like Kabaneri, I am going to watch it till the end to see where this trainwreck will go.
Jul 8, 2019 6:01 PM
Mar 2019
When I first heard about it I was hyped as hell but then it came out and it felt rushed and didn't explain things properly so I just starting reading the manga and it's a hell alot better than the anime
Jul 8, 2019 6:09 PM
Feb 2017
Nim0174 said:
chriskor022 said:

It is an Isekai. Isekai means "another world", and Aincrad is another world as it is separate from the real world.
Jul 8, 2019 6:14 PM
Nov 2018
If you ignore the CG the story telling was non linear have to give props for that it definitely removed itself from typical isekai beginning.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

383 by Rishabh1348 »»
Mar 5, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2019

103 by TsunamiYT »»
Mar 2, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2019

173 by Seabury »»
Jan 14, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2019

158 by Seabury »»
Jan 13, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2019

171 by Mizangrh »»
Dec 26, 2023 8:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.