Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 25, 2019 9:41 PM
Oct 2017
Like, the synopsis is basically the same, hell even the OP is called Inferno- literally the same name as the song Sawano made for Promare. What fuckery is this?
This seems heavily like the Overwatch/Battleborn situation.
BurntOkitaJun 25, 2019 10:51 PM
Jun 25, 2019 9:42 PM

Jan 2009
Jun 25, 2019 9:44 PM

Feb 2019
BurntOkita said:
Like, the synopsis is basically the same, hell even the OP is called Inferno- literally the same name as the song Sawano made for Promare. What fuckery is this?
well Atsushi Ohkubo Accused Trigger of stealing his work, https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-06-13/fire-force-creator-atsushi-ohkubo-alludes-to-his-work-being-stolen/.147773
LunaEstlinJun 26, 2019 4:20 AM

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Jun 25, 2019 9:47 PM

Jan 2009
its morally bad that Trigger stole the basic plot of Fire Force no doubt but im sure there will be enough difference overall as the story progresses
Jun 25, 2019 11:44 PM

Mar 2012
deg said:
its morally bad that Trigger stole the basic plot of Fire Force no doubt but im sure there will be enough difference overall as the story progresses

Hum I can' think about trigger stole a plot of a pretty bad manga like Fire Force.. It's weird.
Jun 26, 2019 3:59 AM

Jun 2014
Last time I checked Fire Force started its publication as a manga back in September 2015. The hacks at Trigger copied Fire Force, not the other way around.
:3
Jun 26, 2019 4:15 AM

Jun 2014
HaarWyvern said:
deg said:

Hum I can' think about trigger stole a plot of a pretty bad manga like Fire Force.. It's weird.

Release dates
Fire Force - Late 2015
Promare - 2019

Gee I wonder, since the manga is so bad according to you, why did the people at Trigger think it was worth copying it shamelessly. I get that Trigger have been creatively bankrupt for the last few years, but blatantly copying Fire Force is a shameful display. There was nothing else like Fire Force out there in the manga/anime market until Trigger decided to steal the concept, because Fire Force is brilliant. The mangaka Atsushi Ohkubo even commented on his work being stolen.

Fire Force manga creator Atsushi Ohkubo left a comment in the 28th issue of Kodansha's Weekly Shōnen Magazine 2019, stating: "I'm going to stop talking about the contents of my manga before they get serialized, even to people I know. I don't know where my work could be stolen from."

Luna_Estlin said:
BurntOkita said:
well Fire Force Creator did accuse Atsushi Ohkubo of stealing his work, https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-06-13/fire-force-creator-atsushi-ohkubo-alludes-to-his-work-being-stolen/.147773

Atsushi Ohkubo is the Fire Force creator. You got your names mixed up.
alpha_shadowJun 26, 2019 4:30 AM
Jun 26, 2019 1:00 PM
Oct 2017
alpha_shadow said:
HaarWyvern said:

Release dates
Fire Force - Late 2015
Promare - 2019

Gee I wonder, since the manga is so bad according to you, why did the people at Trigger think it was worth copying it shamelessly. I get that Trigger have been creatively bankrupt for the last few years, but blatantly copying Fire Force is a shameful display. There was nothing else like Fire Force out there in the manga/anime market until Trigger decided to steal the concept, because Fire Force is brilliant. The mangaka Atsushi Ohkubo even commented on his work being stolen.

Fire Force manga creator Atsushi Ohkubo left a comment in the 28th issue of Kodansha's Weekly Shōnen Magazine 2019, stating: "I'm going to stop talking about the contents of my manga before they get serialized, even to people I know. I don't know where my work could be stolen from."

Luna_Estlin said:
well Fire Force Creator did accuse Atsushi Ohkubo of stealing his work, https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-06-13/fire-force-creator-atsushi-ohkubo-alludes-to-his-work-being-stolen/.147773

Just found that Promare had been in production since the end of KlK, so 2013/2014. Who is copying who?
Jun 26, 2019 1:29 PM

Jun 2014
BurntOkita said:
alpha_shadow said:

Release dates
Fire Force - Late 2015
Promare - 2019

Just found that Promare had been in production since the end of KlK, so 2013/2014. Who is copying who?

Big mangaka also often times pre-plan their next manga in advance, especially when they work on one manga for many years. If Ohkubo wouldn't have made the comment about his work being stolen right around the premiere of Promare, then yeah, it would have been more up in the air and passed off as a coincidence. But he felt the need to point out he regrets talking about his own original ideas to industry people before he puts them into his own manga. It was his mistake and hopefully he doesn't allow it to happen again since his ideas are genius and his creativity is outstanding. You can believe what you want.
alpha_shadowJun 26, 2019 1:45 PM
Jun 27, 2019 5:29 PM
Jan 2018
BurntOkita said:
alpha_shadow said:

Release dates
Fire Force - Late 2015
Promare - 2019

Promare started preproduction in mid 2014 because that was when they completely wrapped up Kill la kill. However even though fire force started serialization in September 2015, Okubo more than likely started planning the ideas well before that (possibly right after he finished soul eater NOT). He's also acquaintances with the Mechanical designer for promare and aside from the plot you'll realize that the monsters in both fire force and promare have similar designs which is far more deliberate than having a similar plot. So more than likely Koyama(Promare's mechanical designer) may have liked Okubo's ideas a little to much and told Hiroyuki Imaishi about them during Promare's preproduction phase. However most western fans will end up seeing fire force before they see promare so it will look more like promare plagiarized fire force rather than the other way around
Jun 29, 2019 9:18 PM
Jan 2015
I really hope trigger didn't rip off fire force. Trigger has been bankrupt for good anime and plagiarism isn't the way to go
Jul 2, 2019 1:18 AM
Mar 2018
May be, like the other firefighter animes, but japan is pretty hyper for it...
Jul 2, 2019 5:55 AM
Aug 2018
Imo from the trailer it just looks like AOT but lighter
multiple scenes give off the survey corps vibe
Jul 5, 2019 11:27 AM
Jul 2018
People saying that Promare was in development in 2013-2014 is dumb. Promare's existence was announced in July 2, 2017 at AX and they only told us about the developments later, which means Atsushi Ohkubo couldn't have known about it.

Not only that, a mamgaka doesn't start going into writing a story blind (unless your name is Hiro Mashima), so he must've planned this out before then (most likely after Soul Eater NOT, as someone else mentioned)
Jul 5, 2019 1:33 PM

Nov 2015
No. It’s a stolen idea. Trigger needs to be sued.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Jul 5, 2019 1:36 PM

Oct 2010
Old_School_Akira said:
that would be like suing someone for making an isekai anime. unless the actual main plot is exactly the same
Jul 5, 2019 1:48 PM

May 2018
BurntOkita said:
This seems heavily like the Overwatch/Battleborn situation.

Trigger stole the idea but that's fine because Promare looks like shit and this actually looks like its going to be good.
Jul 5, 2019 2:46 PM
Sep 2016
HaarWyvern said:
deg said:

bad manga? yeah right 🙄
Jul 5, 2019 2:54 PM

Feb 2016
If you've actually done your damn research you would know Fire Force came first by a few years. But no, continue looking like a idiot
Jul 5, 2019 6:32 PM
Nov 2018
People do know that people can independently develop the same idea, right? Both Leibniz and Newton independently developed calculus. I'm willing to believe it's a weird coincidence rather than impose bad motives on individuals. Either that or both Promare and Fire Force ripped off the 1998 Sega Saturn Game Burning Rangers.
Jul 5, 2019 6:51 PM
Sep 2017
Hopefully, this is just a coincidence, but I don't really think it will dampen my enjoyment of either anime. Even if some ideas were taken, I trust Imaishi to make an amazing anime as his previous works have shown to be, and while I'm slightly on the fence after Fire Force's first episode I hope the same to that staff as well.
Jul 5, 2019 8:02 PM
Aug 2018
Gythia said:
People saying that Promare was in development in 2013-2014 is dumb. Promare's existence was announced in July 2, 2017 at AX and they only told us about the developments later, which means Atsushi Ohkubo couldn't have known about it.

Not only that, a mamgaka doesn't start going into writing a story blind (unless your name is Hiro Mashima), so he must've planned this out before then (most likely after Soul Eater NOT, as someone else mentioned)

I just waited this comment, thanks.
Jul 5, 2019 8:05 PM

Oct 2017
Kougeru said:
Old_School_Akira said:
that would be like suing someone for making an isekai anime. unless the actual main plot is exactly the same

True. Those isekai literally have the same premise/ same rpg world/ same plot sequence (mc got mistreated/ mc become op/ mc got praised cuz he's op, etc) with one gimmick that's different..

Ventus_SJul 5, 2019 8:13 PM
Jul 5, 2019 11:05 PM

May 2015
This is literally what Joey (TheAnimeMan) said a couple of weeks ago in a video.
Jul 6, 2019 3:13 AM

Mar 2012
Fahim654 said:
HaarWyvern said:

bad manga? yeah right 🙄

I find it very bad, and in my 200 friends on MAL (I know all of them) my best note is 7/10
I've many 2 or 3. When I discuss about it I've never seen anyone say something good about it.

7,4 on myanimelist for a mainstream shonen it's pretty average too.
Characters, story and development were cliché.. I'm sorry there is nothing good about it for me, or only the style of Ohkubo.
Jul 6, 2019 4:18 AM
Sep 2016
HaarWyvern said:
Fahim654 said:
bad manga? yeah right 🙄

I find it very bad, and in my 200 friends on MAL (I know all of them) my best note is 7/10
I've many 2 or 3. When I discuss about it I've never seen anyone say something good about it.

Characters, story and development were cliché.. I'm sorry there is nothing good about it for me, or only the style of Ohkubo.
look it may not be an amazing shounen like One Piece, Dr. Stone, Promised Neverland etc. but i've never seen anything about this series being very bad. like you i also have friends and some of them are popular japanese otakus who praised this series for it's sense of humor and great fighting directions and i've never heard anyone said it's very bad or bad in general. and cliche is something you can see in every shounen nowadays. like my hero, black clover etc etc. even one piece has some cliche moments and developments.so it doesn't matter anymore. btw you're talking about mal score? i didn't know people this days take mal scores seriously. you want to know why it's so low on the score? cuz it has some over the top ecchi scenes and for that reason only i've seen many people (retards) lowering their scores in mal (it's nothing new though). well i don't know how much you really read and what made you think that this series is very bad, but it's your own taste and i respect that. but.... talking about mal score and mal friends!? pfft sorry but i can't take you seriously anymore.
Jul 6, 2019 4:32 AM
May 2016
Zimmy64 said:
People do know that people can independently develop the same idea, right? Both Leibniz and Newton independently developed calculus. I'm willing to believe it's a weird coincidence rather than impose bad motives on individuals. Either that or both Promare and Fire Force ripped off the 1998 Sega Saturn Game Burning Rangers.

This. I don't get how it's plagiarism unless the story's been copied verbatim with a few changes. I haven't seen Promare but it looks like it handles the premise in an almost completely different way/with completely different intention.
Jul 6, 2019 4:42 AM

Mar 2012
Fahim654 said:
HaarWyvern said:

look it may not be an amazing shounen like One Piece, Dr. Stone, Promised Neverland etc. but i've never seen anything about this series being very bad. like you i also have friends and some of them are popular japanese otakus who praised this series for it's sense of humor and great fighting directions and i've never heard anyone said it's very bad or bad in general. and cliche is something you can see in every shounen nowadays. like my hero, black clover etc etc. even one piece has some cliche moments and developments.so it doesn't matter anymore. btw you're talking about mal score? i didn't know people this days take mal scores seriously. you want to know why it's so low on the score? cuz it has some over the top ecchi scenes and for that reason only i've seen many people (retards) lowering their scores in mal (it's nothing new though). well i don't know how much you really read and what made you think that this series is very bad, but it's your own taste and i respect that. but.... talking about mal score and mal friends!? pfft sorry but i can't take you seriously anymore.

It's you who talk to me without explanations "yeah right" and you say that you can't take me seriously ? Wtf bro'.
And you quote Dr Stone but it was pretty annoying too. (I'm not specially fan of OP&Neverland but I admit their quality, One Piece has lots of fault tho).
Dr Stone have a pretty good setting but that's all, annoying character and the story go anywhere.
For Fire Force it's even worse for me. Setting, characters, story, staging all was average or bad. Dialogs too.
I can also say "I can't take you seriously" if you say something that "there is cliche everywhere".
First I talk about "bad" cliche and then It's not because "everyone do it" that it was good.
When I say cliche it was obviously about bad use of them.

But I can also admit something, I've juste watch the first episode like ten minutes ago and I found it a lot better than the manga..
So i prefer Dr Stone in manga but I've found Fire Force better (by far) than Stone on anime.

For ecchi I don't think it's something like that, people don't change a note for a little bit of ecchi. Lots of, ok, not for some random boobs shot on volume 1, 4 and 9 of a manga.
I do not like ecchi tho, but if the manga still good (Tenjou Tenge) i could like it. The problem is when the manga exist for the ecchi and not for the plot ! (80% of the ecchi :( )
Otherwise there is no problem with ecchi.. when it's not placed with stupidity.
Jul 6, 2019 6:01 AM

Oct 2017
Lul imagining Trigger has any original content. Just look at their new announcement, another fucking copy.
Jul 6, 2019 9:44 AM
Sep 2016
HaarWyvern said:
Fahim654 said:

It's you who talk to me without explanations "yeah right" and you say that you can't take me seriously ? Wtf bro'.
And you quote Dr Stone but it was pretty annoying too. (I'm not specially fan of OP&Neverland but I admit their quality, One Piece has lots of fault tho).
Dr Stone have a pretty good setting but that's all, annoying character and the story go anywhere.
For Fire Force it's even worse for me. Setting, characters, story, staging all was average or bad. Dialogs too.
I can also say "I can't take you seriously" if you say something that "there is cliche everywhere".
First I talk about "bad" cliche and then It's not because "everyone do it" that it was good.

But I can also admit something, I've juste watch the first episode like ten minutes ago and I found it a lot better than the manga..
So i prefer Dr Stone in manga but I've found Fire Force better (by far) than Stone on anime.

For ecchi I don't think it's something like that, people don't change a note for a little bit of ecchi. Lots of, ok, not for some random boobs shot on volume 1, 4 and 9 of a manga.
I do not like ecchi tho, but if the manga still good (Tenjou Tenge) i could like it. The problem is when the manga exist for the ecchi and not for the plot ! (80% of the ecchi :( )
looks like i triggered you real hard. well cool your head and have a good day sir/mam :v
Jul 7, 2019 5:37 AM

Mar 2012
Fahim654 said:
HaarWyvern said:

looks like i triggered you real hard. well cool your head and have a good day sir/mam :v

I'm not triggered, I thought you were here to discuss about it, but apparently not. I really thought you were intelligent, this answer is pretty disappointing.
Jul 7, 2019 6:28 AM
Sep 2016
HaarWyvern said:
Fahim654 said:

I'm not triggered, I thought you were here to discuss about it, but apparently not. I really thought you were intelligent, this answer is pretty disappointing.
i don't know i'm intelligent or not but i really don't like to argue with people. i just told you what i thought and respected you. but you seem like getting angry so i'm off man. think whatever you want now. i just wanted some peace talk but i think any further will make it worst
Jul 7, 2019 7:03 AM
Jan 2019
i like the story
in my opinion they choose the wrong voices for shinra and obi
the fire looks lifeless
Jul 7, 2019 7:14 AM

May 2014
After Trigger's recent anime announcement i wonder if they really are just copying. You could pass it off the first time as being a coincidence, but now their new show looks like a Beastars rip off. Trigger making two anime in a row that heavily resemble two other series is more than just a coincidence imo.
Jul 10, 2019 12:32 AM

Jan 2009
fancyjasper said:
After Trigger's recent anime announcement i wonder if they really are just copying. You could pass it off the first time as being a coincidence, but now their new show looks like a Beastars rip off. Trigger making two anime in a row that heavily resemble two other series is more than just a coincidence imo.

im not gonna be surprise if Trigger copied Beastars with that new anime of theirs, i mean even Gurren Lagann is like a copy or what they call homage (to hide that they copied) to a lot of old super robot shows in the 70s and 80s i heard, its just that Trigger is making their own (energetic) style with what they are copying
Jul 16, 2019 11:28 PM
Feb 2018
Alright listen, I don't know if it was a stealing situation or a coincidence but let me just say that I watched Promare at AX and it's nothing like Fire Force (I've only seen the first two episodes of the anime). Yes I agree, the concept of humans spontaneously combusting and what not is practically equivalent, but the way the shows diverge from that concept is massive. I guess you could say they're like two different Isekai shows. We know there's millions of Isekai shows but each is different, here you could say they're two Firefighter shows but different. I might just be making excuses for Promare here but I just want to say that I enjoyed Promare 10,000,000 times more than I'm enjoying Fire Force right now. So even if they might have stolen the idea the execution of the concept was way better in Promare (IMO), however if Studio Trigger actually did steal the idea I wouldn't know how to feel about this cuz I like Promare way more than Fire Force...
Jul 16, 2019 11:38 PM

Jan 2009
xWhitastic said:
Alright listen, I don't know if it was a stealing situation or a coincidence but let me just say that I watched Promare at AX and it's nothing like Fire Force (I've only seen the first two episodes of the anime). Yes I agree, the concept of humans spontaneously combusting and what not is practically equivalent, but the way the shows diverge from that concept is massive. I guess you could say they're like two different Isekai shows. We know there's millions of Isekai shows but each is different, here you could say they're two Firefighter shows but different. I might just be making excuses for Promare here but I just want to say that I enjoyed Promare 10,000,000 times more than I'm enjoying Fire Force right now. So even if they might have stolen the idea the execution of the concept was way better in Promare (IMO), however if Studio Trigger actually did steal the idea I wouldn't know how to feel about this cuz I like Promare way more than Fire Force...

well there are some twitter exchanges of the Fire Force author and a friend of his that works at Trigger that kinda proves that Trigger copy the basic plot but as you said (that confirms my guess too) is that overall the execution and bigger/overall story are different

so ye just like you said lets treat it as some different isekai shows lol
Sep 16, 2021 1:34 PM
Oct 2016
2 years late but battleborne is nothing like overwatch, you definitely meant Paladins

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2019

119 by Twilight_In_Hell »»
Apr 21, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2019

243 by Twilight_In_Hell »»
Apr 21, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2019

176 by ArthurKFC »»
Apr 16, 7:08 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

199 by beamtoes »»
Apr 10, 6:16 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

386 by Crispydang »»
Mar 30, 1:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.