Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 11, 2019 11:47 AM

Aug 2010
Not only do I think fate Zero is the best one
I think it is the only good one too.

I think all of the rest of them are straight up bad. With the least bad one being Unlimited Blade works. It overstays its welcome but its not terrible.

original fate was always kinda meh

apocrypha is trash
the one where its a video game is trash too
the unlimited bladeworks movie is bad too
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Jun 11, 2019 12:16 PM

Aug 2016
My favorite as of current was probably UBW but man Zero was so good. Haven't seen any of the others like apocrypha or kaleid so I wouldn't know if that changes in the future. I only recently got into the series.
Jun 11, 2019 12:18 PM

Jun 2019
Fate/Zero is my favorite series but the others are pretty good too
Jun 12, 2019 10:49 AM
Aug 2009
Fate/Zero, no doubt about it!
UBW comes next.
Jun 12, 2019 10:56 AM

Oct 2018
Fate/ Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works (ufotable version) because of a goddess that goes by the name of TOHSAKA RIN
Jun 12, 2019 11:06 AM
Jul 2018
Fate/Zero > Fate/Stay Night

Fate/Stay Night
I think what's cool about the Fate/Stay Night series, is each anime route shows a significantly different side to the story, portraying different story elements and character development. However, I think this is also a bit of a double-edged sword: it means not one Fate/Stay Night anime can be watched on its own.
I also have a problem with Fate/Stay Night in that it doesn't feel like a true battle royale: like the Japanese novel Battle Royale, it follows the trope that I call, "Characters wait for shit to happen", instead of actively trying to win. Not helping is that the story is only told from one participant's, Shirou's, point of view.

Fate/Zero
Fate/Zero is the complete opposite: the story truly feels like a battle royale. The story is told from all the characters' point of view, which in turn, makes each one very interesting. I think Kiritsugu is a far more interesting protagonist than Shirou, because his motivation is more realistic than, "becoming a superhero" something that nobody can relate to, and Kiritsugu is far more active than Shirou in the story. But still, Shirou has 3 different developments in Fate/Stay Night, so that's something not to be looked down on. Fate/Zero also is a lot more compelling to me with the whole, "clash of ideals" thing. I absolutely loved the scenes where:

Those conversations felt absolutely natural and unlike a series like Monogatari, didn't shove it in your face.

MasterNeutral said:
My favorite as of current was probably UBW but man Zero was so good. Haven't seen any of the others like apocrypha or kaleid so I wouldn't know if that changes in the future. I only recently got into the series.

What do you think of the Heaven's Feel movies so far? I think I Heaven's Feel is my favorite Fate/Stay Night anime.
Not only that You can watch Fate/Zero and be completely satisfied, since it stands mainly on its own.

fancyjasper said:
I made it 3 whole episodes into Fate Zero before dropping it. That's further than the others, so i'd say that's the best one. Probably thanks to Urobuchi.

Interesting. Why didn't you like the series?
Jun 12, 2019 11:48 AM

Feb 2017
When it comes to only anime, it's Fate/Zero. But if we talk about Fate franchise as a whole? Then Fate/Stay Night VN is by far the best.
Jun 12, 2019 11:50 AM

Jan 2013
First season of Prisma Illya due to that Archer Illya vs Saber Alter fight alone.
Jun 12, 2019 12:16 PM
Jul 2018
HopefulNihilist said:
I absolutely loved the scenes where:

Those are my favourite scenes, too, along with

Of the franchise, I've only seen Zero and HF, and am currently watching UBW (ufotable). Zero is a masterpiece and HF has great music and action animation. UBW is a bit frustrating, though I like Archer.
Jun 12, 2019 12:28 PM
Jul 2018
operationvalkyri said:
HopefulNihilist said:
I absolutely loved the scenes where:

Of the franchise, I've only seen Zero and HF, and am currently watching UBW (ufotable). Zero is a masterpiece and HF has great music and action animation. UBW is a bit frustrating, though I like Archer.

I like Heaven's Feel more for the dark atmosphere and insane fights. Why is UBW frustrating for you?
If you want to see Saber develop more as a character, then I recommend Deen's 2006 adaptation.
Jun 12, 2019 12:31 PM

Sep 2017
Fate zero and heavens feel without doubt.
Rin is my top tier wifu but im currently rewatching ubw it reminds me why it was a let down compared to the other 2

"those who aren't able to find a more miserable person than themselves turn to the internet and call others losers,even though they've never met"- Satou from nhk
Jun 12, 2019 12:42 PM

Aug 2016
HopefulNihilist said:

MasterNeutral said:

What do you think of the Heaven's Feel movies so far? I think I Heaven's Feel is my favorite Fate/Stay Night anime.
Not only that You can watch Fate/Zero and be completely satisfied, since it stands mainly on its own.

I've only seen the first one and I did really enjoy it, I'm waiting to watch the second one since all there is available (at least that I've found) are camrips.
Jun 12, 2019 12:47 PM
Jul 2018
HopefulNihilist said:
operationvalkyri said:

I like Heaven's Feel more for the dark atmosphere and insane fights. Why is UBW frustrating for you?
If you want to see Saber develop more as a character, then I recommend Deen's 2006 adaptation.
I've been spoiled a lot so I know what's coming. The pace is slower than the HF movies so it often seems like nothing is happening. Which gives me more time to dwell on the fact that all characters are mere shells of what they were in Zero. And the music isn't bombastic enough to distract me.

I've heard a lot of bad things about the Deen adaptation. If it's slower (or worse in other ways) than UBW then I might not be able to sit through it. I guess I can give it a whirl, once (if) I'm done with UBW. I do want to read the VN some day, though.
Jun 12, 2019 12:51 PM
Jul 2018
operationvalkyri said:
HopefulNihilist said:

I've been spoiled a lot so I know what's coming. The pace is slower than the HF movies so it often seems like nothing is happening. Which gives me more time to dwell on the fact that all characters are mere shells of what they were in Zero. And the music isn't bombastic enough to distract me.

I've heard a lot of bad things about the Deen adaptation. If it's slower (or worse in other ways) than UBW then I might not be able to sit through it. I guess I can give it a whirl, once (if) I'm done with UBW. I do want to read the VN some day, though.

I think the reason why nothing seems to be happening in the HF movies is intentional: like Texhnolyze, it's trying to focus more on the "atmosphere".
Unfortunately, I can't tell you whether the Deen adaptation is good or not, because it's been YEARS since I last watched it, to a point where I barley remember what my experience was with it. I do remember I was kinda bored, but a lot of anime that I was bored with when I was a kid, I love now.

MasterNeutral said:
HopefulNihilist said:

I've only seen the first one and I did really enjoy it, I'm waiting to watch the second one since all there is available (at least that I've found) are camrips.

I won't give any spoilers for the 2nd movie of Heaven's Feel, but let's just say almost everything goes to shit.
Jun 12, 2019 12:55 PM
Jul 2018
Fate/Zero is the best in every way conceivable. Now which one is worse is a tough call between the trainwrecks Fate/Apocrypha and Fate/Extra.
P.S. Saber sucks and so does Astolfo.
Jun 12, 2019 12:57 PM

Mar 2018
Got to say Fire Emblem Fates Conquest. It's easily better than Birthright, right? That's what we're talking about right?
LOOKING FOR ARTISTS PLEASE MESSAGE ME IF YOU'RE ONE
Review please!

Jun 12, 2019 12:57 PM
Jul 2018
HopefulNihilist said:
operationvalkyri said:

I think the reason why nothing seems to be happening in the HF movies is intentional: like Texhnolyze, it's trying to focus more on the "atmosphere".
Oh no, I meant that nothing seems to be happening in UBW. Heaven's Feel is good in terms of the pacing. They clearly succeeded in creating that oppressive atmosphere. And Kajiura's operatic themes fit it perfectly.
Jun 12, 2019 12:59 PM

Jan 2019
Fate/Zero is the only series in the franchise that I care about.
Jun 12, 2019 1:32 PM
Nov 2017
For me:

1.Fate/Zero

2.Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works

This is my favorite but Fate / Zero is better in terms of how they close the story, the final episodes are fantastic and the series is really good, Although sometimes it bored me a little.

3.Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel (Depends of the final movie this take place 2)

4.Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Movie: Sekka no Chikai (Only this movie, the rest of this universe is not my taste)

The rest aside for Carnival Phantasm and Emiya-san Chi no Kyou no Gohan, I don't like them that much.
Jun 12, 2019 1:33 PM

May 2014
HopefulNihilist said:
Interesting. Why didn't you like the series?

I've tried to get into it like 3 times and i can't get past that episode. I just have no desire to continue it. The whole concept of the series isn't that interesting to me, nor are any of the characters. The Fate series and Type Moon works in general are just not to my liking. I really think it's Saber and Rin's designs that make it so popular, which is why those designs are always being recycled.
Jun 12, 2019 2:26 PM

Aug 2018
Gonna sound like a complete hipster, but my favorite is stay night.
Didn't really like Zero and enjoyed UBW even less, since I seriously hate Tohsaka.

What made stay night a classic, for me, was the insanely good soundtrack.
The story and dialogue are standard Fate, which is always bad, but the sound department really did something special on this one.
Jun 12, 2019 2:27 PM

Dec 2016
Out of the 40,258 entries it has I've only watched F/SN 06, F/SN UBW, Zero and Grand Order First Order, but I really doubt any of them could be better than Zero honestly.
Jun 11, 2020 11:43 AM

Oct 2017
Lots of good taste in this thread. I agree with most people here, F/Z is by far the best part of the franchise.

Rest is a joke in comparison
Jun 11, 2020 1:40 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
This thread has been moved to the correct sub-board.

"Anime/Manga specific threads should go into their respective sub-boards."
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» VN fan are annoying as Hell

chevalierkraken - Apr 23

30 by Alexioos95 »»
Yesterday, 10:20 AM

» Why do people consider 2006 Fate/Stay Night anime bad?

zckfox - May 13, 2023

45 by chevalierkraken »»
Apr 25, 10:10 AM

» Seriously bro

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Apr 9

10 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 10, 4:55 AM

Poll: » This or Unlimited Blade Works

Fukoku - Mar 28

13 by deg »»
Mar 31, 9:07 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ruzgfpegk - Jul 3, 2008

135 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 7, 8:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.