Forum Settings
Forums

A question: Why are new Shonen Jump titles missing from the DB??

#1
Jun 6, 12:41 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 16
for those who don't know it's the most popular manga magazine in the world and its current titles are officially licensed in English but almost all of the newer titles are missing

I know there is a problem with accepting stuff but these are very popular manga made by very popular mangaka and have very big following, and MAL usually prioritize accepting these kinda of stuff

here is some missing titles with their info from official and news sites which hopefully will make accepting them easier

Sogo Jikan Jigyo Gaisha Daihyo Torishimariyaku Shacho Senzoku Hisho Tanaka Seiji
https://www.shonenjump.com/j/rensai/tanakaseiji.html
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/288216
Momiji no Kisetsu
https://www.shonenjump.com/j/rensai/momiji.html
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/282059
Kimi wo Shinrayku Seyo
https://www.shonenjump.com/j/rensai/shinryaku.html
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/283029
Saigo no Saiyuuki
https://www.shonenjump.com/j/rensai/saiyuuki.html
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/322418
Kamio Yui wa Kami wo Yui
https://www.shonenjump.com/j/rensai/kamioyui.html
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/323325
Futari no Taisei
https://www.shonenjump.com/j/rensai/taisei.html
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/332116
Beast Children
https://www.shonenjump.com/j/rensai/beastchildren.html
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/333028
Tokyo Shinobi Squad
https://www.shonenjump.com/j/rensai/tss.html
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/333997

there are other Weekly Shonen Jump spinoff manga that are missing too

(The Promised Neverland spinoff)
Oyakusoku no Neverland
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/334257
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=149838

(Black Clover Spinoff)
Black Clover Gaiden: Quartet Knights
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/314851
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=150835

(My Hero Academia movie prologue, this was adapted to ova)
Boku no Hero Academia: Volume Origin
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/293214
https://www.shonenjump.com/j/2018/08/06/180806_hero001.html

(One piece spinoffs)
One Piece Koby ni no Kobiyama: Urifutatsu Nagi no Ouhihou
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/287174
https://shonenjumpplus.com/episode/10834108156631134195

Koisuru One Piece
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=151833
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/287174

(Jujutsu Kaisen prequel)
Tokyo Metropolitan Magic Technical School
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=152389
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/310477

(Haikyuu spinoff)
Haikyuu-bu!!
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=153875
https://shonenjumpplus.com/episode/10834108156655166167

(Kimetsu no Yaiba spinoffs)
Kimetsu no Aima!
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/326230
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=153846

(Dragon Ball spinoff)
Super Dragon Ball Heroes: Dark Demon Realm Mission
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=149454
Wikipedia

spinoffs for a bunch of the most popular manga in MAL ever, they should also be in db in my opinion

if there's something in the rules against this then I'm sorry
also sorry for my bad English
Modified by MySummerCar, Jul 2, 8:24 PM
 
#2
Jun 6, 1:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 5372
Probably because mods are slow to accept submissions into the database, I'm certain several of those titles have been submitted already but just haven't gone through yet.

I thought after a week, Double Taisei would be added here but still can't add it to my list after 3 weeks. Don't know exactly what the holdup is, but you can always use another site like Mangaupdates who stay more up to date with current manga releases.

 
#3
Jun 6, 1:32 AM
No-Star

Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 321
Everything you listed is pending with most having multiple duplicate entries.
 
#4
Jun 6, 2:29 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 16
Jerkhov said:
Probably because mods are slow to accept submissions into the database, I'm certain several of those titles have been submitted already but just haven't gone through yet.

I thought after a week, Double Taisei would be added here but still can't add it to my list after 3 weeks. Don't know exactly what the holdup is, but you can always use another site like Mangaupdates who stay more up to date with current manga releases.




they aren't so slow with other manga, i remember seeing them adding Ponkotsu-chan Kenshouchuu from Shonen Sunday the same day it started in Japan

also they add a lot of LN with their counter part manga soon after they start


zagzee said:
Everything you listed is pending with most having multiple duplicate entries.


that just go to prove these are wanted by the MAL users and therefore qualify for faster approval
it's not like the information is obscure or hard to find, it's the most mainstream magazine in the world
some of these manga started May 2018, so why in June 2019 they're not in DB yet?

 
#5
Jun 6, 8:47 AM
Manga Moderator
Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 272
I'll add that many of these series are licensed in English and available on Manga Plus, along with some from Shounen Jump+ that are also not approved (8LDK, Arata Primal, Heart Gear, Land Lock, Moon Land, and Nano Hazard). Further, no offense to zagzee, but "multiple duplicates" is an understatement. A majority of these series have been submitted to the database 5 or more times. Saigo no Saiyuuki and Kamio Yui have both been submitted a staggering 18 times, which is absolutely absurd.

The cynical answer is that the remaining mod(s) are biased. There's a reason why almost every approved manga in the last month or so is either an isekai or a romcom. However, that is ultimately a symptom of the lack of mods as a whole. The onus is on the admins to bring more mods onto the team, something that hasn't been done in years, and there seems to be little urgency on their part to do so.
 
#6
Jun 6, 5:43 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 16
Denji said:
The cynical answer is that the remaining mod(s) are biased. There's a reason why almost every approved manga in the last month or so is either an isekai or a romcom. However, that is ultimately a symptom of the lack of mods as a whole.


who are the remaining mods? would like to see a reply with answers from one of them in this thread
 
#7
Jun 6, 7:37 PM
Manga Moderator
Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 272
MySummerCar said:
who are the remaining mods? would like to see a reply with answers from one of them in this thread


As far as I can tell, it's Jinbou, KuroDubZero, and svaax (despite switching to anime db mod a while back). eL_marco is also still active on the site, though I don't know if they do approvals or not. The first two have commented on the situation at large before, specifically in these threads:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1763824&show=0#msg56837275
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1764079#msg56823819

Though once again, I gotta stress that they're not to blame for this.
 
#8
Jun 7, 10:35 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 16
2 days since i started this thread and nothing got accepted and no reply from the mods in this thread on why shonen jump manga aren't getting accepted

going through Jinbou & KuroDubZerolists i can see they both watch shonen jump manga, so hopefully they will find this issue matter addressing and these manga worth adding
 
#9
Jun 8, 9:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 133
MySummerCar said:
2 days since i started this thread and nothing got accepted and no reply from the mods in this thread on why shonen jump manga aren't getting accepted

going through Jinbou & KuroDubZerolists i can see they both watch shonen jump manga, so hopefully they will find this issue matter addressing and these manga worth adding

I have a huge list I keep separately for titles that are pending approval, the backlog extends for over a year and that's just where I stopped tracking time. Unless a mod feels like approving an entry, you will get the same old "we are working on it and planning on fixing it soon", but your titles may have better chance than what I'm tracking, since mine are all BL. I sometimes wonder why I still support this site.
 
Jun 8, 11:03 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 16
Tunpa said:
I have a huge list I keep separately for titles that are pending approval, the backlog extends for over a year and that's just where I stopped tracking time. Unless a mod feels like approving an entry, you will get the same old "we are working on it and planning on fixing it soon", but your titles may have better chance than what I'm tracking, since mine are all BL. I sometimes wonder why I still support this site.


yeah, i did a similar thing
i had a notepad with names of manga i read but it got too crowded and hard to keep track of things in it
so i thought at least i could add shonen jump manga here
i thought it's the most mainstream manga and officially licensed in English so it will definitely be here, but nope!...they're not on the site and no explanation is given

3 days since i made this thread and nothing got accepted and no reply from the mods here either
 
Jun 9, 1:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 133
MySummerCar said:
Tunpa said:
I have a huge list I keep separately for titles that are pending approval, the backlog extends for over a year and that's just where I stopped tracking time. Unless a mod feels like approving an entry, you will get the same old "we are working on it and planning on fixing it soon", but your titles may have better chance than what I'm tracking, since mine are all BL. I sometimes wonder why I still support this site.


yeah, i did a similar thing
i had a notepad with names of manga i read but it got too crowded and hard to keep track of things in it
so i thought at least i could add shonen jump manga here
i thought it's the most mainstream manga and officially licensed in English so it will definitely be here, but nope!...they're not on the site and no explanation is given

3 days since i made this thread and nothing got accepted and no reply from the mods here either

At this point they should seriously look into options other than database moderators, importing from other db for example.
 
Jun 9, 1:41 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 21
It would be nice if the manga mods could be able to give us a roadmap if not semi-frequent updates on how the process of finding more mods/working on revisions/updating everything is going.

Most other anime DB sites just look ugly to me and I don't agree with their guidelines as much as here so it's a big blow for MAL to be so behind.
 
Jun 9, 11:49 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 16
poppi-the-witch said:
It would be nice if the manga mods could be able to give us a roadmap if not semi-frequent updates on how the process of finding more mods/working on revisions/updating everything is going.

Most other anime DB sites just look ugly to me and I don't agree with their guidelines as much as here so it's a big blow for MAL to be so behind.


yeah, I agree with everything you said

it's really disheartening to see you can get a reply from normal users faster than getting a reply from mods

4 days since I open this thread and nothing was approved and no reply from the mods either

 
Jun 10, 11:06 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 16
according to this thread
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1752366&show=50

in the period between 26/5 and 11/6 (17 days) , 13 manga were accepted

that less than 1 manga per day rate :(

5 days since I open this thread and nothing was approved and no reply from the mods either

I hope they respond soon, I have other questions about the manga DB but no point of making new threads if they don't respond to old ones
 
Jun 11, 3:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 1683
Because the queue is over 7000 right now and only 3 people can approval new titles. And it's entirely a volunteer force with lives outside of the site. It's not like they get paid for this.

It's ridiculous that they haven't accepted new DB mods yet. They knew how much many more submissions they were going to get when they allowed all LNs to be submitted to the site. I have been waiting literally months for them to add a few manga and novels i'm reading. It's pathetic.
I don't accept random friend requests, but feel free to PM me if you want to talk about something i've posted or talk about some anime/manga that i've seen.

 
Jun 11, 7:43 AM
Manga Moderator
Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 272
@MySummerCar Arguably it's even worse since over half of them are light novels/light novel adaptations that share a lot of the same info. If it's any consolation, Jinbou, the one mod who responds to people fairly regularly and is overall leagues better at approving entries, is apparently coming back from a hiatus fairly soon.

@StormSky92 Yeah, the writing's been on the wall for literally over 2 years at this point. The one thing that boggles my mind is that it's been so long since manga DB mod applications opened that the earliest applications are now expiring under the 9 month rule. Mine's going to expire in about a week, and while I'm going to reapply anyways, it's pretty discouraging.
 
Jun 13, 5:59 AM
DB Administrator
Summer☆Time

Online
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 18000
I'm sorry that this situation is still not better. We thought we could recruit new manga mods weeks ago, but there are always other things coming up that keep delaying the recruition process, especially with the transition from our old owners to the new ones. We need to be involved in this transition because we need to build an understanding between the community side and the new owner's vision of the site, so this has a quite high priority. Unfortunately I can't say how long it will continue like this.

I can't do much in my position to speed up the manga mod recruition process, but since it will still take a while I decided to at least help with the adding process. So I started adding manga, giving priority to highly demanded series. Please keep in mind that I usually don't deal with the manga database so I won't touch complex entries. I also still have other responsibilities but I hope I can help at least a bit until we finally have our new mods.

Denji said:
The one thing that boggles my mind is that it's been so long since manga DB mod applications opened that the earliest applications are now expiring under the 9 month rule. Mine's going to expire in about a week, and while I'm going to reapply anyways, it's pretty discouraging.

We started looking at the applications a while ago. We will consider all applications that were sent between April/May 2018 and now. So if you applied during that time you don't need to apply again. If someone applied before that and is still interested, then please send another application so we know you're still interested.
 
Jun 13, 7:06 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 16
Luna said:
I'm sorry that this situation is still not better. We thought we could recruit new manga mods weeks ago, but there are always other things coming up that keep delaying the recruition process, especially with the transition from our old owners to the new ones. We need to be involved in this transition because we need to build an understanding between the community side and the new owner's vision of the site, so this has a quite high priority. Unfortunately I can't say how long it will continue like this.

I can't do much in my position to speed up the manga mod recruition process, but since it will still take a while I decided to at least help with the adding process. So I started adding manga, giving priority to highly demanded series. Please keep in mind that I usually don't deal with the manga database so I won't touch complex entries. I also still have other responsibilities but I hope I can help at least a bit until we finally have our new mods.

Denji said:
The one thing that boggles my mind is that it's been so long since manga DB mod applications opened that the earliest applications are now expiring under the 9 month rule. Mine's going to expire in about a week, and while I'm going to reapply anyways, it's pretty discouraging.

We started looking at the applications a while ago. We will consider all applications that were sent between April/May 2018 and now. So if you applied during that time you don't need to apply again. If someone applied before that and is still interested, then please send another application so we know you're still interested.


thanks a lot for approving entries although you're not a manga mod
I edited the original post to show how much have been approved, I know these series fans appreciate it

can I ask how many new mods the manga db is expected to get? I hope more than 10 because I can't see the situation improving with just 1 or 2 new guys
 
Jun 13, 8:56 AM
Manga Moderator
Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 272
Luna said:
I'm sorry that this situation is still not better. We thought we could recruit new manga mods weeks ago, but there are always other things coming up that keep delaying the recruition process, especially with the transition from our old owners to the new ones. We need to be involved in this transition because we need to build an understanding between the community side and the new owner's vision of the site, so this has a quite high priority. Unfortunately I can't say how long it will continue like this.

I can't do much in my position to speed up the manga mod recruition process, but since it will still take a while I decided to at least help with the adding process. So I started adding manga, giving priority to highly demanded series. Please keep in mind that I usually don't deal with the manga database so I won't touch complex entries. I also still have other responsibilities but I hope I can help at least a bit until we finally have our new mods.

Denji said:
The one thing that boggles my mind is that it's been so long since manga DB mod applications opened that the earliest applications are now expiring under the 9 month rule. Mine's going to expire in about a week, and while I'm going to reapply anyways, it's pretty discouraging.

We started looking at the applications a while ago. We will consider all applications that were sent between April/May 2018 and now. So if you applied during that time you don't need to apply again. If someone applied before that and is still interested, then please send another application so we know you're still interested.


I don't need to reapply in that case. Thank you for the clarification, as well as the approvals. Most users simply want to add the same x number of series to their lists (according to my calculations, about 50% of incoming submissions are a duplicate of something already in the queue), so approving the series that people want is likely the most efficient way to keep the most people happy.

Also, if I can ask, what's happening with merges and removals? As far as I can tell only one entry has been merged in the past 2 years or so. Kuzu no Honkai decor in particular has caused some confusion.
 
Jun 13, 12:35 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 1278
Luna said:
I'm sorry that this situation is still not better. We thought we could recruit new manga mods weeks ago, but there are always other things coming up that keep delaying the recruition process, especially with the transition from our old owners to the new ones. We need to be involved in this transition because we need to build an understanding between the community side and the new owner's vision of the site, so this has a quite high priority. Unfortunately I can't say how long it will continue like this.

I can't do much in my position to speed up the manga mod recruition process, but since it will still take a while I decided to at least help with the adding process. So I started adding manga, giving priority to highly demanded series. Please keep in mind that I usually don't deal with the manga database so I won't touch complex entries. I also still have other responsibilities but I hope I can help at least a bit until we finally have our new mods.

Denji said:
The one thing that boggles my mind is that it's been so long since manga DB mod applications opened that the earliest applications are now expiring under the 9 month rule. Mine's going to expire in about a week, and while I'm going to reapply anyways, it's pretty discouraging.

We started looking at the applications a while ago. We will consider all applications that were sent between April/May 2018 and now. So if you applied during that time you don't need to apply again. If someone applied before that and is still interested, then please send another application so we know you're still interested.


Thanks, hope we get some more mods soon, i keep finding cool manga I want to read, but kinda hard to do so if I can't keep track of what chapter I'm on or such which is why this is so handy a site.

Any guestimates on when the application process might be worked on?
 
Jun 14, 6:05 AM
DB Administrator
Summer☆Time

Online
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 18000
MySummerCar said:
thanks a lot for approving entries although you're not a manga mod
I edited the original post to show how much have been approved, I know these series fans appreciate it

Momiji no Kisetsu and Kimi wo Shinrayku Seyo both seem to have been published as different (?) series before. The manga mods will have to look at them and discuss whether there will be separate entries or if there will be just one entry, how it will look like. So I will leave these for now. Not sure about the spinoffs yet.

MySummerCar said:
can I ask how many new mods the manga db is expected to get? I hope more than 10 because I can't see the situation improving with just 1 or 2 new guys

As many good ones as possible :) It's hard to say at this point but it will definitely be more than just 2 new people. Almost all current manga mods are inactive so I'm hoping we find at least 12+ new mods.

Denji said:
I don't need to reapply in that case. Thank you for the clarification, as well as the approvals. Most users simply want to add the same x number of series to their lists (according to my calculations, about 50% of incoming submissions are a duplicate of something already in the queue), so approving the series that people want is likely the most efficient way to keep the most people happy.

Yep, that's why I'm focusing on the series with many duplicates at the moment.

Denji said:
Also, if I can ask, what's happening with merges and removals? As far as I can tell only one entry has been merged in the past 2 years or so. Kuzu no Honkai decor in particular has caused some confusion.

Usually the manga mods notice what needs to be merged/removed and report these entries with all the necessary details to cyruz so he can merge/remove them. There are still some manga pending to be merged (and I see Kuzu no Honkai Decor on the list) but it seems there are some open questions and that's why there haven't been merges. It's hard to discuss questions when most people are not really active unfortunately.

wolfwing said:
Thanks, hope we get some more mods soon, i keep finding cool manga I want to read, but kinda hard to do so if I can't keep track of what chapter I'm on or such which is why this is so handy a site.

Any guestimates on when the application process might be worked on?

We're already working on it, but hiring new mods is always a lot of work and often hard to estimate how long it will take. We already started looking at the applications from the last ~15 months and are almost done with a preselection of candidates that will go to the second round (a practical test). Kineta is currently working on the practical test which has to be extended from the one before to include things from the updated guidelines. It's really important that we do this practical test for two reasons:
1) We can see how the candidates are working. How much do they understand the guidelines? Do they work carefully? Etc.
2) The candidates can see how work as a manga mod is like. This gives them a chance to realize that it's not like they expected it to be (it's not just clicking submit buttons, there's a lot of research involved) and gives us a better chance of hiring people who will actually be active and passionate about the job. And it helps the candidates to get trained a little bit.

It's unfortunate that our remaining manga mods are not so active so that Kineta has to build most of the test herself (on top of all the other things she has to do). I currently don't know when it will be ready. Once the selected candidates have finished the test we will look at it and make a final selection. Overall I think it will still take a few weeks until the new mods can start working but we'll try to have it done as soon as possible since we're totally aware of all the problems the lack of mods is causing for everyone.
 
Jun 14, 8:06 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 1278
Luna said:
MySummerCar said:
thanks a lot for approving entries although you're not a manga mod
I edited the original post to show how much have been approved, I know these series fans appreciate it

Momiji no Kisetsu and Kimi wo Shinrayku Seyo both seem to have been published as different (?) series before. The manga mods will have to look at them and discuss whether there will be separate entries or if there will be just one entry, how it will look like. So I will leave these for now. Not sure about the spinoffs yet.

MySummerCar said:
can I ask how many new mods the manga db is expected to get? I hope more than 10 because I can't see the situation improving with just 1 or 2 new guys

As many good ones as possible :) It's hard to say at this point but it will definitely be more than just 2 new people. Almost all current manga mods are inactive so I'm hoping we find at least 12+ new mods.

Denji said:
I don't need to reapply in that case. Thank you for the clarification, as well as the approvals. Most users simply want to add the same x number of series to their lists (according to my calculations, about 50% of incoming submissions are a duplicate of something already in the queue), so approving the series that people want is likely the most efficient way to keep the most people happy.

Yep, that's why I'm focusing on the series with many duplicates at the moment.

Denji said:
Also, if I can ask, what's happening with merges and removals? As far as I can tell only one entry has been merged in the past 2 years or so. Kuzu no Honkai decor in particular has caused some confusion.

Usually the manga mods notice what needs to be merged/removed and report these entries with all the necessary details to cyruz so he can merge/remove them. There are still some manga pending to be merged (and I see Kuzu no Honkai Decor on the list) but it seems there are some open questions and that's why there haven't been merges. It's hard to discuss questions when most people are not really active unfortunately.

wolfwing said:
Thanks, hope we get some more mods soon, i keep finding cool manga I want to read, but kinda hard to do so if I can't keep track of what chapter I'm on or such which is why this is so handy a site.

Any guestimates on when the application process might be worked on?

We're already working on it, but hiring new mods is always a lot of work and often hard to estimate how long it will take. We already started looking at the applications from the last ~15 months and are almost done with a preselection of candidates that will go to the second round (a practical test). Kineta is currently working on the practical test which has to be extended from the one before to include things from the updated guidelines. It's really important that we do this practical test for two reasons:
1) We can see how the candidates are working. How much do they understand the guidelines? Do they work carefully? Etc.
2) The candidates can see how work as a manga mod is like. This gives them a chance to realize that it's not like they expected it to be (it's not just clicking submit buttons, there's a lot of research involved) and gives us a better chance of hiring people who will actually be active and passionate about the job. And it helps the candidates to get trained a little bit.

It's unfortunate that our remaining manga mods are not so active so that Kineta has to build most of the test herself (on top of all the other things she has to do). I currently don't know when it will be ready. Once the selected candidates have finished the test we will look at it and make a final selection. Overall I think it will still take a few weeks until the new mods can start working but we'll try to have it done as soon as possible since we're totally aware of all the problems the lack of mods is causing for everyone.


hehe thanks for reply, and well good news one o the manga I wanted to read some how got snuck in last few days so least I have one I can read thanks to who ever got it done :>
 
Jun 14, 8:35 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 16
Luna said:
Momiji no Kisetsu and Kimi wo Shinrayku Seyo both seem to have been published as different (?) series before. The manga mods will have to look at them and discuss whether there will be separate entries or if there will be just one entry, how it will look like. So I will leave these for now. Not sure about the spinoffs yet.



Momiji no Kisetsu and Kimi wo Shinryaku Seyo were published as miniseries on Jump GIGA magazine
then they became a normal series on Weekly Shonen Jump

there were similar entries like this in the past with Ne0lation and Gokutei Higuma
they were approved as one entry

https://myanimelist.net/manga/116975/Ne0_lation
https://myanimelist.net/manga/117054/Gokutei_Higuma

Luna said:
As many good ones as possible :) It's hard to say at this point but it will definitely be more than just 2 new people. Almost all current manga mods are inactive so I'm hoping we find at least 12+ new mods.



that's reassuring, thanks for the clarification
 
Jun 14, 9:43 AM
Manga Moderator
Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 272
I appreciate this level of transparency. While it doesn't make everything better, simply having an idea of what's going on makes this process less frustrating for everyone.

MySummerCar said:
Luna said:
Momiji no Kisetsu and Kimi wo Shinrayku Seyo both seem to have been published as different (?) series before. The manga mods will have to look at them and discuss whether there will be separate entries or if there will be just one entry, how it will look like. So I will leave these for now. Not sure about the spinoffs yet.



Momiji no Kisetsu and Kimi wo Shinryaku Seyo were published as miniseries on Jump GIGA magazine
then they became a normal series on Weekly Shonen Jump

there were similar entries like this in the past with Ne0lation and Gokutei Higuma
they were approved as one entry

https://myanimelist.net/manga/116975/Ne0_lation
https://myanimelist.net/manga/117054/Gokutei_Higuma


I'm gonna have to partially correct you on this. In the case of Momiji no Kisetsu and Gokutei Higuma, the Jump Giga serialization was collected in a separate volume (the former's has the same title but "Momiji" is written in katakana instead of kanji, and the latter is under the title "Higuma no Te").
It does seem like the Jump Giga chapters of Kimi ni Shinryaku seyo were interspersed in the volume release with the Weekly Jump chapters, but I think the jury is still out on ne0;lation since the last volume hasn't been released yet.
 
Jun 15, 3:13 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 16
Denji said:
I'm gonna have to partially correct you on this. In the case of Momiji no Kisetsu and Gokutei Higuma, the Jump Giga serialization was collected in a separate volume (the former's has the same title but "Momiji" is written in katakana instead of kanji, and the latter is under the title "Higuma no Te").
It does seem like the Jump Giga chapters of Kimi ni Shinryaku seyo were interspersed in the volume release with the Weekly Jump chapters, but I think the jury is still out on ne0;lation since the last volume hasn't been released yet.


thanks for the correction
my point is so far no miniseries (I mean the miniseries version of a normal series) have been added to the db so far, so only 1 entry for the normal series is needed
hopefully this will be the case with Momiji no Kisetsu and Kimi ni Shinryaku seyo and they will get added too
 
Jun 17, 2:24 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 16
Momiji no Kisetsu and Kimi ni Shinryaku have both been approved, thank you very much

from my original post only the spinoffs remains
 
Jun 20, 8:12 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 16
I updated my original post with infos for the missing spinoff, hopefully this will help with adding them to the db since none have been added so far

keep in mind most of these are visible in the db because of their connection to the main series and their authors, seeing them but not being able to add them is kinda frustrating
 
Jul 2, 8:27 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 16
updated the thread with the spinoffs that have been accepted so far

just 2 so far, and hopefully more in the future

I've noticed Darling in the Franxx spinoff was accepted to the DB although I forgot to add it to this thread, so that was a nice surprise
 
Top