Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Bungo Stray Dogs
Available on Manga Store
New
May 13, 2019 6:32 PM

Oct 2017
Hey Bungou Stray Dogs fans! I've heard this new season is really really good from a friend, so I wanted to watch it, but catching up on 24 episodes of the previous seasons seems like a chore just to get into this one. So I was wondering if you all think it's possible to jump straight into season 3 and still enjoy it (and possibly catch up later). Or are the first 2 seasons mandatory viewing for this season to even make sense? Just curious to hear your recommendations. Thanks a bunch!
May 13, 2019 6:36 PM
Feb 2019
yea u have to watch season 1 and 2 to understand the plot.

and don't drop before episode 8++, because episode 8 is where the plot really start
May 13, 2019 7:09 PM
Jun 2017
To understand each and every character relationship with the other it's kina important to watch both of them besides the OVA and the movie, otherwise you'll feel lost and have no idea what's going on and wondering why is this happening, who did that and so on. I won't say s1 was amazing but it was pretty much entertaining and s2 was absolutely Perfection, every season is great and Yes this so far is the best of them and sayin'so doesn't make them any less Worthy of watching tho. It's like every anime has more than one Season you feel the 1st two were just scratched the surface and you seem like you are into it so go and give it a try for s1 & s2 and just watch a review or summary for the movie and the OVA, Believe me I can't get enough of this I wish if it was like natsume or one of the Long anime
May 15, 2019 7:53 AM
Apr 2019
Dolabella said:
Hey Bungou Stray Dogs fans! I've heard this new season is really really good from a friend, so I wanted to watch it, but catching up on 24 episodes of the previous seasons seems like a chore just to get into this one. So I was wondering if you all think it's possible to jump straight into season 3 and still enjoy it (and possibly catch up later). Or are the first 2 seasons mandatory viewing for this season to even make sense? Just curious to hear your recommendations. Thanks a bunch!

Season 1 stars kinda slow but it gets better by season 2 and season 3 is the best so far in the manga (the first 4 episodes of season 2 are about dazai's backstory and if you wanna skip it, go directly to ep 05)
May 16, 2019 6:15 PM

May 2016
Yes you need to watch the first two seasons in order to understand season 3. Season 1 isn't the greatest but it's quite important as it establishes the world-building, each of the main organizations, characters and relationships with one another. Season 2 is when the main plot starts to gain traction and is a lot better than the first season, and reaches a good conclusion for the first major conflict in the series.

If you skip these first two seasons you won't have much of an idea of whats going on in the third season. There's also not much point in picking up season 3 blind anyway as the third three episodes deal with Chuuya's backstory with only the fourth and fifth episodes so far dealing with the main plot. Even more confusion for you with little gain.
Bondrewd did nothing wrong.
May 19, 2019 6:47 AM

May 2009
Why would you want to watch something from 3rd season without watching previous?
May 19, 2019 4:13 PM

Jan 2016
FyodorYukichi4 said:
(the first 4 episodes of season 2 are about dazai's backstory and if you wanna skip it, go directly to ep 05)

I suppose you could skip those, but why on earth would you? That's one of the best arcs I've seen in basically any anime ever. Honestly I'd almost recommend those 4 episodes over the rest of the series.
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
May 24, 2019 6:16 AM

Oct 2016
Absolutely. There is an OVA (which is not necessary to watch) and a movie after the two seasons.
May 24, 2019 6:54 PM

Aug 2012
Yes, them´re the basics. First four episodes of 2nd and first three episodes of 3rd are flashbacks, but they explain a lot about Dazai, Chuuya and a few about another Mafia members. It won´t hurt to watch the movie if want to know a bit more about Dostoyevsky.

Honestly, everything is cool to watch.
"Could you not talk with me? I'm busy breathing."
May 25, 2019 3:16 PM
Oct 2016
Obviously you have to the previous seasons. Otherwise, you'll miss a lot of detail.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 3rd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2019

104 by Revillo_Phoenix »»
May 2, 8:05 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 3rd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2019

82 by Karva1 »»
Apr 24, 11:04 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 3rd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2019

85 by Karva1 »»
Apr 24, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 3rd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2019

75 by Karva1 »»
Apr 24, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 3rd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2019

149 by Virtecek »»
Apr 7, 2:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.