Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 20, 2019 7:17 AM

Jul 2016
I've had my eye on this show in a while, and reading reviews and looking at scoring it's sort've a mixed bag of emotions from what i can tell, most of the negative reviews being solely based on the bitterness from the apparently shit ending. I've mostly felt compelled to watch it for the clear height of the show "Zero two" but wasn't sure if that would make the show worth viewing at all. Just curious if i should bother putting time into it as i'm not sure if i'll like it or not.
Mar 20, 2019 8:05 AM

Dec 2012
Just try few episodes and see if it's to your liking.

Story is garbage and so is world-building, mecha fights are meh. Don't expect anything out from those.
Only thing going for it is its characters if you want to watch it for that, romance is also ok.
Mar 20, 2019 10:29 PM

Aug 2016
Absolutely Not Action is very meh Plot is trash Characters are bad Darling in the Franxx is just an overhyped Piece of Trash and nothing more
Mar 20, 2019 10:56 PM

May 2016
Yeah it’s worth the watch. The first 2 arcs were really good, but ending was kind of lackluster
Mar 20, 2019 11:19 PM

Oct 2014
no, it's pretty bad all around, the characters and their drama are the worst things about it.

it also has some very cringy moments and episodes, and i don't often call something cringy
Mar 21, 2019 12:56 AM
Dec 2018
This show was just plain cringe.The ending didn't make any sense at all...
Mar 21, 2019 1:25 AM

Jul 2016
I can see it does have a rather bad rep. I guess i could give it a few episodes and see if it strikes me as that annoying. I did see the first ep a little while back, thought it was rather lackluster and bland, but we'll see if it moves beyond that for me.
Mar 22, 2019 8:25 PM

Sep 2018
Anime_Biscuit said:
I can see it does have a rather bad rep. I guess i could give it a few episodes and see if it strikes me as that annoying. I did see the first ep a little while back, thought it was rather lackluster and bland, but we'll see if it moves beyond that for me.

Give it 4 episodes
We are all Misanthropes

Made you learn

Mar 25, 2019 7:52 AM

Jan 2019
I guess I didn’t realize how much hate this show got! Personally, I absolutely loved it. I finished it weeks ago and still can’t stop thinking about it. The story was complicated and full of surprises, the fighting was exciting, and the romance, while it may seem a little goochy to some, I thought it was really touching. Zero Two and Ichigo were both equally awesome characters (and pretty cute I may add). A lot of interesting symbolism throughout as well. The last few episodes do throw a lot at you but overall it still didn’t change my opinion of the show - I still loved it. Give it try, if you don’t like the first few episodes than maybe it’s not for you but I’d definitely recommend it to anyone looking for something new.
Mar 25, 2019 7:54 AM

Sep 2018
I can’t speak for others so if you wanna give it a try go ahead, but to me if you’ve already seen shows like Evangelion or Gurren Lagann this is a snorefest and those are a hell of a lot better in my opinion. But if you try it and like it, good for you!!
Mar 27, 2019 3:16 AM
Sep 2013
It's not bad, just try it yourself and see if you like it. I'd say watch at least until episode 13 (included, a lot of early episodes stuff only makes sense on ep 13), if you don't like it by then, then there's probably no point in continuing.
The ending is also not bad at all, a lot of people are just butthurt because it didn't go the way they wanted.
Apr 5, 2019 5:16 AM
Nov 2016
the trash over at r/animemes apparently likes this anime a lot.
but it's trash made for trash. overhyped to no end. bad plot, bad fights, bad characters. I am very generous with rating but even I say this is rated way too high if you compare it with other 7.5 anime
Apr 5, 2019 6:37 AM

May 2015
There's no point in watching few episodes and deciding whether to continue because it gets worse after around 15th episode and really bad at the final. So the least you can do is see if you like the characters or animation because the story overall is not worth it.
Apr 6, 2019 12:02 PM

Aug 2017
No. Darling in the FranXX is shit from the start.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 7, 2019 11:29 AM
Apr 2019
Ignore the haters. The show has an average score of 7.55, that means that most of the people who watched it thought it was pretty good. Statistically you will probably enjoy it too, give it a try.

Also you should ignore MAL reviews, the system favors extreme reviews and loud minorities. Monst highly rated anime have terrible reviews at the top whereas low scored anime has positive reviews. And in this case most reviews are troll reviews, giving a 1 (aka this show is unwatchable and has no redeeming qualities score) to this show is utterly ridiculous and don't get me even started with the hurr durr Evangelion ripoff bullshit. Look at the score instead, that's a better indication of the show reception.

Going back to the show, yes, it's worth a watch. The characters (other than the main character who is pretty bland) are very likable, and Zero Two is awesome, one of the best female characters of the year also HOT. The story is good (albeit a bit slow in the beginning) too and some episodes have great direction and animation.
Apr 15, 2019 9:29 AM

Jan 2017
I thought I will watch this show as my venture into the world of mecha anime. But the very concept of

This anime is fanservice from episode one and depending on your taste, you will really love it. For me, I should better watch Macross or Gundam than this pile of cheap clickbait waifu garbage.

And read the reviews before proceeding. You are better off reading harsh critique than some user fanboying hard in review section.
Apr 15, 2019 10:14 PM

Jul 2016
I
Synchronisity said:
I thought I will watch this show as my venture into the world of mecha anime. But the very concept of

This anime is fanservice from episode one and depending on your taste, you will really love it. For me, I should better watch Macross or Gundam than this pile of cheap clickbait waifu garbage.

And read the reviews before proceeding. You are better off reading harsh critique than some user fanboying hard in review section.

I've been watching it just a little and have found it to be rather uninteresting. The characters feel rather simple to me, and the only appealing thing to me is the animation. Other than that nothing i really care, and find it to be only liked because zero two being heavy waifu bait, which imma be honest, i feel is the only reason most of the people that like it do like it.
Apr 28, 2019 9:04 PM
Dec 2015
For me I had a good time watching but I can't really say why. The criticism is all warranted and nothing about it stands out really. I personally liked the visual style and felt that most of the designs were fairly creative albeit quite silly at times. I think the propaganda outshines the narrative which is likely the most intriguing thing to me. The birthrate issue takes front and center which reads as a quiet desperation for Japan to start fucking. I liked it as a cultural study of sorts more than a mecha nostalgia trip like it meant to be. The writers seem pretty bent out of shape over Japan's future and something about the heavy handedness was hilarious to me. Of course I'm not laughing at Japan's expense, rather how strongly it affects some writers.
Jul 9, 2019 1:43 PM
May 2014
It is. I'm 20 episodes atm. I don't know why are there so many negative reviews, I am in love with it :D
Jul 9, 2019 10:13 PM
Jan 2017
Yes, it's fucking great. The world building is very well done and it has a really good cast who all have great character development. Some episodes are also beautifully animated.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

65 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 24, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

364 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 23, 1:15 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2018

707 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 23, 12:34 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

640 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 22, 2:04 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2018

282 by louiboui08 »»
Apr 21, 6:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.