Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2019 7:06 AM

Oct 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Did not expect their true mission is to... save Wakaba!

Rin finally know it. Then she see Wakaba attacked by the tree... damn cliffhanger! >__<
Mar 20, 2019 7:27 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Oh my god, i just fucking realized how ''hidden'' the meaning behind the last scene was inside the episode.

We saw a line of Wakaba that said ''Run, Rin-san!'' but she wasn't able to snap out of it. I was wondering what that was all about when the line came up, holy shit o.o

I feel so sorry for Riri, she caused all of the destruction just cause she wanted to be a help for Wakaba.

So would that mean that Wakaba died back then and got resurrected (episode 1)? Also his curiosity is now explained with him being a researcher to help build a new earth through Kemurikusa.
Mar 20, 2019 7:33 AM

Oct 2007
yeah, that seems to be the case. He got resurrected episode 1.
Unfortunately, the girls did not remember him. :(

Name of red tree... Akairo. How do they stop this monstrous thing?!

Will be very sad if Rin is the only one left alive. Maybe she can wait for Wakaba to be resurrect again.
Mar 20, 2019 7:43 AM
Aug 2018
I don't feel so sorry for Riri, she caused all of the destruction just cause she wanted to be a help for Wakaba and then she did the same mistake.
Living in a middle of a ruined world
Mar 20, 2019 7:53 AM
Jan 2013
despise getting my heart ripped to shreds I can only say that this was a fantastic episode
gone bai bai
Mar 20, 2019 7:59 AM

Dec 2018
So Riri also died, before the ed Wakaba and Riri were white, Wakaba disappears and riri disintegrates into kemurikusa. I don't think she split into the sisters, the sisters were made by her from all the other kemurkusa she had....I think.

also the ending of the ed had only Rin left....Now I don't want to think about it.
Mar 20, 2019 8:38 AM
May 2018
if Wakaba actually died at the end there i will literally commit n word
Mar 20, 2019 11:46 AM

Sep 2008
Kid plays with fire and pays the ultimate price for it.
Seems like it could be fun. Maybe she will learn something from it?
Mar 20, 2019 12:14 PM

Feb 2009
MountainOfIrony said:
I don't feel so sorry for Riri, she caused all of the destruction just cause she wanted to be a help for Wakaba and then she did the same mistake.

She was a kid with basically no life experience, but with unsupervised access to advanced alien technology.
Cut her some slack.
Mar 20, 2019 12:23 PM
Aug 2018
Madotsuki-san said:
MountainOfIrony said:

She was a kid with basically no life experience, but with unsupervised access to advanced alien technology.
Cut her some slack.

So basically she had no common sense and caused all the destruction like I already said. She isn't getting any pity from me.
Living in a middle of a ruined world
Mar 20, 2019 12:42 PM

Jan 2015
What an amazing episode. I can't imagine next week being the finale.

Also this series' score is god damn criminal. Most of MAL's taste truly is trash
Mar 20, 2019 1:16 PM
Jan 2014
That was such an amazing episode, the best one so far. And that ending tho, cant imagine Wakaba died again for the 2nd time.

All of this and this show still being underated af. I wonder if Kemurikusa will get the attention it deserve like the original Kemono Friends.
Mar 20, 2019 1:49 PM

May 2018
So, does this suggest that mankind has already disappeared, before the red fog incident, and it's only Wakaba and Riri were the only ones in that world, and that Kemurikusa thing is actually next level science that Wakaba is using to restore civilization and mankind????

So it's Riri's fault , that Wakaba's science project went kaput.
Mar 20, 2019 4:20 PM

Dec 2018
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
So, does this suggest that mankind has already disappeared, before the red fog incident, and it's only Wakaba and Riri were the only ones in that world, and that Kemurikusa thing is actually next level science that Wakaba is using to restore civilization and mankind????

So it's Riri's fault , that Wakaba's science project went kaput.

I was thinking maybe humans had left earth but for some reason there's a project to restore old artifacts almost as a museum/cultural piece? Not really a lot of clues at this point except that they aren't there for whatever reason, and that Wakaba refers to Riri as an Earthling, meaning either he's alien or that he's from offworld.
Mar 20, 2019 4:31 PM

Dec 2018
actually i think they're on a ship above earth already, not on an uninhabited earth.
Mar 20, 2019 7:23 PM

Mar 2014
Feels so good to have all the pieces of the puzzle connect so naturally. I'm really glad I stick so far with this show.

I'm hyped for the last episode.

EDIT: I feel so bad knowing that the low rating of this show will affect people's decision to whether watch this show or not.
Kaidu-Mar 20, 2019 7:26 PM
Mar 20, 2019 8:05 PM

Mar 2016
Still thinking why Wakaba still not included in the character database for the show along with the other kemurikusa, tho
Mar 20, 2019 9:40 PM

Mar 2008
Zinzoo said:

Also this series' score is god damn criminal. Most of MAL's taste truly is trash

I realized that years ago, I only use MAL to store my list of animes nowadays. I don't even care about the rating.
Mar 21, 2019 1:33 AM

Oct 2008
WOW! so many revelations, I'm having a hard time catching-up!
OH NO! WHAT THE EF!!! (at the last part scene!!!) more despair...how are they gonna wrap this up in just 1 episode!?!?
5/5.

Mar 21, 2019 2:10 AM
Jan 2013
EdHaku said:
EDIT: I feel so bad knowing that the low rating of this show will affect people's decision to whether watch this show or not.
It's doing fantastic on the land of the rising sun and that's what matters
gone bai bai
Mar 21, 2019 4:55 AM
Apr 2015
"Kemurikusa" and "Tobacco" are the same words in Japanese btw (煙草). I didn't realise this until a friend of mine mentioned it when I show him the scene where Wakaba fucking smokes weed in front of a child.
Mar 21, 2019 7:38 AM

Mar 2014
Mkim said:

Yeah, I feel so happy for Tatsuki.
Mar 21, 2019 7:43 AM
Feb 2019
Zinzoo said:

when you get to the 4chan about kemurikusa cult ....
Mar 21, 2019 5:14 PM
Jan 2019
Wakaba proved to be the center of this whole story. Apparently he is not originally from the earth, but from another planet because he referred to people as earthlings. It is what I understood by his way of speaking.
The first person is Riri, a girl, who created the red tree. And what I would like to know above all is where Rin and his sisters were born.
It was a very revealing chapter, some mysteries are coming to light. To wait for the last chapter of this peculiar story.
Mar 21, 2019 11:19 PM
Feb 2012
So yeah, everyone's dead but Rin...
If you watch the ending credits, you see the usual death timeline until Wakaba's appearence, but then Ritsu and the Rinas disappear, followed by Wakaba.

Probably AOTS, let's see how they wrap it up.
Mar 23, 2019 6:09 PM
May 2017
Tatsuki is a truly great director, hiding the answers under our noses the whole time and then connecting the dots for an amazing reveal that blows our mind. this episode was amazing
Mar 24, 2019 9:07 AM
Aug 2014
Madotsuki-san said:
MountainOfIrony said:

Cut her some slack.

She's also lost her parents and everyone she knew thinks she's dead. I am working a full time job cutting slack for her.
Mar 25, 2019 10:30 AM

Dec 2011
Seems to be following in a similar style to kemono friends, not that that's a problem. Hoping for another epic finale fight with everyone while the OP plays next episode and a happy ending.

I binge caught up last night and this is definitely sitting at the top of my list this season so far. Hoping we finish strong
Mar 26, 2019 4:34 PM
May 2017
while it's not at the top of my list for best of season (Mob Psycho 100 II is gonna be hard to beat), it's sitting pretty high up, i have faith that Tatsuki will finish strong
Jul 3, 2019 10:25 AM
Mar 2018
So, in short and not too many spoilers: They are in some sort of temporary heaven, that is under construction by the alien/god Wakaba? And everything is made out of Kemurikusa. Humans, buildings, islands, you name it. We can built it all out of neon colored weed!

But that ending was great, tho...
But, why is the final episode 16+ all of a sudden? That's stupid amazon prime!
Jul 7, 2019 8:08 AM

Jul 2015
So Riri was the cause of this.
Nice background story

Aug 28, 2019 10:18 AM

Nov 2018
So Riri is both accidental cause of the tragedy and savior of this show in the form of 1st person. Hmm, interesting.
That ending song is always epic and it was even more so this episode. Love it. Wonder how it will end.
Jan 14, 2021 12:05 PM

Dec 2013
I love the fact that even this explains Rin's feelings towards Wakaba, lots were complaining about it on the first episodes and well it was Riri's feelings from the Memory leaf.
Oct 27, 2021 2:58 PM

Aug 2018
I have been watching this show only now, altough I have been wanting to watch it ever since 2019, but hey, better late than ever.
I have been reading the forums ever since episode 1, but never felt the urge to post a reply, since this series has quite some time now, and the forum isn't really active, but after this episode, I had to express my feelings!
Not going to lie, at the beggining, I never thought this show would be really good, I was never a fan of how the animation was, the story was so minimalistic and random, and the characters seemed so stereotypical. But I always felt the urge to know more about that world, and the fact that they gave us less than the bare minimum when it comes to the plot of the show, oddly made me much more interested in what was going on in that world. I must say, setting this up is not easy, but the writer of this show is really brilliant! I really can't express enough times how this show was able to pull us viewers with the bare minimum of content. But I'll save the rest of the commentary for the final episode.
With this, I feel like dumping all of this info in this episode was so intelligent and satisfying too! The thing is, the hints were there, so all of this info didn't fall from the heavens! Knowing the past of Wakaba and Riri was so shocking really, because now so much makes sense. The sudden interest of Wakaba in the Kemurikusa, the state of the world, why the white robots followed Wakaba's orders (and that the captain they were talking about was, in fact, Wakaba, he was the one who made them), and even the reason why Rin was feeling that way towards Wakaba, like Kaname Yuuki said:
KanameYuuki said:
I love the fact that even this explains Rin's feelings towards Wakaba, lots were complaining about it on the first episodes and well it was Riri's feelings from the Memory leaf.

Also, during the memory leaf's part, I was really confused why Wakaba said Rin to run, because we were seeing Riri, not Rin, like Smudy said:
Smudy said:
Oh my god, i just fucking realized how ''hidden'' the meaning behind the last scene was inside the episode.

We saw a line of Wakaba that said ''Run, Rin-san!'' but she wasn't able to snap out of it. I was wondering what that was all about when the line came up, holy shit o.o

And I thought if it was because something was happening in the "normal world", and it seems like it really was! Like, it was just such a good touch, because you could easily think that phrase was Riri's imagination or something, but then at the end of the episode they show you Wakaba being "stabbed"(?) by the red root.
Talking about the red root, it's really interesting to see it was created to go against Kemurikusa, and that explains A LOT. Specially why normal bugs turn into Red ones. Also, now that I think about it, all of the Red Bugs were normal bugs built by Wakaba,
right? That's so interesting! Also, I did not expect the red tree to be an undesired experiment by Riri. As I said before, IT ALL MAKES SO MUCH SENSE NOW.
I can't wait to watch the final episode, and to see how this will end up, BECAUSE THOSE LAST FRAMES, OMG, WHY IS RIN ALONE? WHY DID EVERYONE DISAPPEAR EXCEPT FOR RIN? SHE WAS THERE UNTIL THE VERY LAST FRAME, WHICH IS NOT THE NORM HERE, THEY USUALLY DISAPPEAR A BIT BEFORE THE ENDING ENDS (forgive me here for the double use of end). I SWEAR MY HEART WILL NOT HANDLE IF THEY ALL DIE BESIDES RIN.
As some other users have pointed out here, the MAL score really doesn't give justice to this anime. Also, let me just spread some love here for the opening of Kemurikusa. I will miss it after the final episode =( IT'S SO GOOD. One of the best anime openings ever, and if you don't agree, well, argue with the wall, the song fits the anime perfectly, and it SLAPS.
Wish me good luck for the final episode!
Oct 27, 2021 3:08 PM

Aug 2018
Mkim said:
EdHaku said:

Also, forgot to point out that I am really happy that this anime did well in Japan! It deserves a lot! Also, I was also wondering that, because the animation quality actually went up in these last episodes (I think), and that's really uncommon, and seeing that internationally the anime didn't have much exposure, I was wondering why the budget suddenly felt bigger!

Edit: Forgot to mention that I am quite more happy (?) to know that Wakaba and Rin are suppose to be adults. I don't know why, but I don't think they did a really good job at portraying the characters age, and I was getting kind of annoyed how some children were just chillin' with some red bugs. Since the Rinas are supposed to be children (or close to it), why did they make the rest of the characters so short? They are almost Rinas' height. So I was always confused if they were 10 year olds, pre-teens, teens or even adults, but I finally got my answer! I know this was a bit random, but I would find the anime kind of weird if the characters were children, because they were very chiil about all of this situation to be children, that were by themselves. Wakaba being an adult really was surprising for me though.
PokefanPTOct 29, 2021 5:33 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kemurikusa (TV) Episode 3 Discussion

Liddo-kun - Jan 23, 2019

22 by tam_fortress »»
May 11, 2022 1:00 AM

Poll: » Kemurikusa (TV) Episode 12 Discussion

Mkim - Mar 27, 2019

45 by little_raven »»
Oct 18, 2021 9:37 AM

Poll: » Kemurikusa (TV) Episode 9 Discussion

Gildesh - Mar 6, 2019

11 by little_raven »»
Oct 15, 2021 10:17 AM

Poll: » Kemurikusa (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VanishingKira - Jan 9, 2019

73 by koley »»
May 6, 2021 12:06 AM

» Rating comeback

Clannadstan - Mar 21, 2019

26 by sketchesofpayne »»
May 7, 2020 11:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.