Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 16, 2019 2:52 PM

Dec 2018
Masterpiece/trash/good/bad are subjective, as is any form of opinion.

Having said that anime is better than manga and if you disagree with me ur wrong.
Lolicons are scum.
BABYMETAL is more metal than Metallica.
Naruto is objectively the best anime ever.
HxH 99' is decent. HxH 11' is bad.
Feb 16, 2019 2:54 PM
Jan 2012
Anime is inferior to manga in my opinion, but I think you're putting anime a bit too down while not considering what makes manga insanely frustrating. I mean you're just reading the mainstream stuff like Kaguya. There are tons of manga out there that do not get translations, maybe one chapter a year. Sometimes you'll be reading a manga that you think is up to date, but then it gets an anime adaptation and the anime actually gets further than what's currently translated in like 5 episodes.

There's also the fact that not all translations are created equally. Anime is so much more popular so multiple groups will sub the same anime, you barely see that in manga. Most of the time even if you get a shitty translation, you're stuck with it. You only avoid these issues with high profile series.

I read a manga and got caught up to date with the scanlations at around chapter 20, and out of curiosity checked the MAL page for it to see who the artist was. I also saw the other details, and the manga wasn't still publishing, it said it was complete at 100+ chapters, and the translations came out like once a month. That is the WORST feeling ever imaginable.
Feb 16, 2019 2:57 PM

May 2012
Look at these idiots defending anime

Degenerates, all of you.

Anime is garbage.
Feb 16, 2019 3:02 PM
Apr 2016
Seeing a thread like this from someone that rated Fairy Tail as 10 is a little interesting, I'd say
Feb 16, 2019 3:06 PM

Jan 2018
There are plenty of great anime that have had their entire story adapted well, or have ended their run as a series in an appropriate spot to where it still felt complete, even if the manga/LN continued on afterward.

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Feb 16, 2019 3:09 PM

May 2008
yeah

Feb 16, 2019 5:56 PM
Aug 2016
Stop saying "animes" and "mangas", please. Spare my eyes.

Oh yes, an incomplete anime adaptation of a manga is automatically a useless piece of rubbish which shouldn't exist. Sure thing.
Feb 17, 2019 12:18 AM

Nov 2017
Yes, and so are the weebs glorifying it.
Feb 17, 2019 6:47 AM

May 2016
Anime's great. Not sure why anime fans like denigrating their hobbies all the time. It's like some people have some weird insecurity about liking anime that they don't want to admit.
Feb 17, 2019 6:48 AM

Jan 2019
Anime is proof that two nukes weren't enough.
Feb 17, 2019 11:21 AM
Nov 2018
NaTsu879 said:
So, Just as the topic says ,Why do I think this way ? I finished 300 or so animes but after reading Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen I just witnessed something that`s truly above masterpiece.

Ok ,so this feeling is specifically because after reading 138 chapters I feel like this manga is almost complete . But what will the others think if they just watch the anime adaptation .It`s just another incomplete story and product and we have to wait about like more than a year or two to get the next season .

In fact there are tons of animes like this that are just incomplete .So, isn`t it just like judging a book by it`s cover .we never come to know what will happen in the ending but we say it`say bad or good .

Now this problem is basically solved by reading manga or light novel but almost 50% people new to anime or anime fans actually don`t read the mangas or light novels of these incomplete animes .So,technically many masterpieces are getting buried into the ground .So,what if there was no anime at least I think it would turn out better.

so what do you people think ? (Though I personally can`t accept the fact that anime are trash)

Kaguya-sama's adaptation has been great so far, even better than the manga(some people say). We just have to accept the fact that we'll be getting a lot of 12 episode anime and just deañ with it.
Feb 18, 2019 12:02 PM

Jan 2019
I predict that literal Chinese cartoons will literally be a major subculture in the West by the early 2020s.

Some Chinese cartoons really are there visually. Look at the success of K-Pop and how it has become overlapped with weebery—I see it at every con I go to now. It won’t take long until the same type of people begin watching literal Chinese cartoons.

China’s economic rise will convince some people to look at their art in order to peer behind the curtain. Once enough trendsetters begin watching Chinese media then you’ll see it take hold among teens. That's how youth subcultures form.

On a slightly unrelated note, it’s already acknowledged that China are doing things in film that Hollywood can’t match. It won’t be long until that type of energy and epic productions spreads into the cartoons they make as well
3243259424Feb 18, 2019 12:08 PM
Feb 18, 2019 12:07 PM
Feb 2019
Yes anime is trash. But so is everything else.
Feb 18, 2019 12:12 PM

Aug 2018
Why are you writing "animes" and "mangas"? It hurts my eyes.

Yes, anime is trash and a big mistake.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Feb 18, 2019 12:16 PM
Feb 2019
3243259424 said:
I predict that literal Chinese cartoons will literally be a major subculture in the West by the early 2020s.

Some Chinese cartoons really are there visually. Look at the success of K-Pop and how it has become overlapped with weebery—I see it at every con I go to now. It won’t take long until the same type of people begin watching literal Chinese cartoons.

China’s economic rise will convince some people to look at their art in order to peer behind the curtain. Once enough trendsetters begin watching Chinese media then you’ll see it take hold among teens. That's how youth subcultures form.

On a slightly unrelated note, it’s already acknowledged that China are doing things in film that Hollywood can’t match. It won’t be long until that type of energy and epic productions spreads into the cartoons they make as well

Chinese cartoons are basically just anime rip-offs. And most people in the west don't even know what K-Pop is.

And China is currently in the process of buying out Hollywood.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/event/article-4317372/How-Chinese-billionaires-taking-Hollywood.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3899612/Chinese-billionaire-Wang-Jianlin-owns-AMC-theater-chain-wants-Hollywood.html

https://www.smh.com.au/opinion/how-a-chinese-businessman-is-buying-hollywood-20160926-grotym.html
BrogetaFeb 18, 2019 12:24 PM
Feb 18, 2019 12:19 PM
Jul 2018
Action Anime > manga
Romance manga > anime
I like the action better in anime because its fluent and I dont have to look at it twitce to actually understand whats happening because in manga its often really confusing.
I'm pretty sure that anime is made to promote the manga, merch etc, the anime itself doesnt make much money compared to that.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you perfer Split Cour or Consecutive Cour?

animegamer245 - 2 hours ago

10 by Ten »»
11 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Today

16 by billybub »»
12 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18? ( 1 2 )

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

55 by Fischer77 »»
26 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

239 by TitanOfPlasma »»
36 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

60 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
37 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.