Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 27, 2019 9:31 AM

Jul 2015
The memelords' circlejerk surrounding Musk needs to die. Can't take someone who starts by calling Musk - who made his fortune by taxing online microtransactions - a "rocket science genius" seriously.

I'm not sure how much of this "self-made man genius made possible through the wonders of globalized capitalism and return to coal energy" myth people are actually buying, but it's absolutely hilarious and terrifying at the same time. The Nasa? Hubble, walking on the moon? Man, that's old stuff. LOOK AT THIS ROCKET SCIENCE GENIUS WHO SENDS GENIUS ELECTRIC CARS FROM HIS GENIUS COMPANIES IN SPACE IN A GENIUS MARKETING STUNT! AND HE MAKES GENIUS TWEETS AND LIKES GENIUS ANIME! Genius.

I mean woaw, the NASA never tried to base their space program around refurbishing empty cans that are the least costly part of their rockets. Not genius. (Plus how many cans did SpaceX reuse besides after the marketing shlock calmed down? Noooot that much, I'm afraid)

Japan is doing stuff a hundred times more useful by doing tests on solar propulsion and they don't brag on Twitter but whatever.
DeathkoJan 27, 2019 9:34 AM
Jan 27, 2019 8:28 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Elon is based. And people of little faith think he won't make catgirls real...
BatoKusanagiJan 29, 2019 6:12 AM
Jan 28, 2019 5:33 AM

Jul 2013
Out of all the anime that isn't Shounen it had to be that? More power to him I guess.

Jan 28, 2019 6:01 AM

Feb 2011
deg said:
that anime is about gambling right? no wonder he likes to gamble on big projects/business

No, it's about living life on the edge, no feelings barred. That coupled with typical anime bulshit OverPowered main characters for no particular reason other than to serve the plot and advance the story.
It's a very nice idea executed in the most puerile way possible. Probably why it's a such love hate train for it.
If you've seen the first chapters, you've seen the manga basically.

TL;DR Really cool concept, shame an idiot had the idea.
Closer.
Jan 28, 2019 10:53 AM

Nov 2016
Does that mean our waifus might become real one day??
Jan 28, 2019 10:57 AM

May 2015
Wow, didn't know people hated him THIS much.

Jan 29, 2019 4:59 AM

May 2018
TsukuyomiREKT said:

Because of elitism from the anime community. Despite the fact claiming they are not elitist, many people here are secretly elitist. They actually judge people base on taste of anime but didn't do it openly here in MAL because fear of being labeled as elitist. People who like anime they don't like are seen as inferior and lack of intelligence by elitist. However, when anime they think is bad have someone smart who like them, it goes against their system of belief on taste of anime and trigger their insecurity hence the hate.
Jan 29, 2019 5:23 AM

Jul 2015
@Gorochu I guess @TsukuyomiREKT is talking about me. And I literally said nothing about his anime taste, so... *shrugs*

It has more to do with internet mentality, and how memes and propaganda seem to melt the brain of some people. I've read in another thread some user legit claiming that the NASA should ask SpaceX and Elon Musk help for Mars missions because SpaceX had all the latest technology and knew what they were doing better than the NASA. Achievements of SpaceX so far: Sending a car from Elon Musk brand in space in a shit marketing stunt, reusing a couple cans in front of all the cameras possible in a shit marketing stunt (last time I checked, one capsule and maybe a dozen cans had been reused in total), posting on Twitter about anime and getting all the memelords hyped. I'm not sure in wich world spatial agencies who walked on the moon, sent the first men, docked the first ships, built the ISS, and so much more, should ask anything to that silly company wich is just riding on its funder's popularity.

And the bit about "he's a rocket science genius" is kinda hilarious. He got filthy rich co-funding Paypal (basically, taxing microtransactions online, the lowest form of capitalistic parasitism at the world's scale), not by making revolutionary rockets or electric cars.

But I guess the same people will tell you Trump, Gates or Jobs are/were geniuses. Lots of people are very eager to get scammed.

For the info, the "genius" Bill Gates bought an OS initially called "Quick and Dirty OS" to another company, tweaked it mostly in favour of their own profit rather than in the user's interest, and renamed it MS-DOS. The neo-capitalist myth of geniuses getting rich through super-duper intellect and willpower needs to die, it's a lie these people have sold you to buy your respect. You get filthy rich by selling jews in a World War or by scamming people.
DeathkoJan 29, 2019 5:33 AM
Jan 29, 2019 5:23 AM

May 2018
Gorochu said:

Because of elitism from the anime community. Despite the fact claiming they are not elitist, many people here are secretly elitist. They actually judge people base on taste of anime but didn't do it openly here in MAL because fear of being labeled as elitist. People who like anime they don't like are seen as inferior and lack of intelligence by elitist. However, when anime they think is bad have someone smart who like them, it goes against their system of belief on taste of anime and trigger their insecurity hence the hate.

Yep, they are the third most dangerous secret society after the lizard people and the Illuminati.

How is that relevant to the fact that Elon Musk is snake oil salesman...like the best of them all?
alshuJan 29, 2019 5:50 AM
Jan 29, 2019 5:31 AM

Jul 2015
alshu said:
Gorochu said:

Yep, they are the third most dangerous secret society after the lizard people and the Illuminati.

How is that reverent to the fact that Elon Musk is snake oil salesman...like the best of them all?

Some people would rather dig the earth to find a jew or illuminati conspiracy than look at the obvious answer written on the ground (^:
Jan 29, 2019 5:46 AM

Mar 2017
Gorochu said:
Not only he's smart(rocket science genius), he's a man of culture too. LOL! Yup, he's one of us. Great taste there Elon.

This fucking obsession with validation. "One of us". Fuck me.

TsukuyomiREKT said:

> http://www.cracked.com/blog/why-it-was-always-dumb-to-worship-elon-musk-as-savior/

Also, people hate his personality cult so much more and it bleeds out to him.

EankiJan 29, 2019 5:55 AM
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Jan 29, 2019 5:49 AM

Jan 2013
And the wanking of Mr Elon Musk continues. Damn yall be on that mans dick all the time
Jan 29, 2019 5:52 AM

Jul 2013
Wow I didn't expect someone as famous as him could wear an anime T-shirt. Cool, dude.
Jan 29, 2019 6:01 AM

Nov 2011
I bet you guys will hate Jesus too if he said he like anime. You guys are insufferable.

I like how many people post that they don't care.

Jan 29, 2019 6:10 AM

Mar 2017
KaiserNazrin said:
I bet you guys will hate Jesus too

AFAIK, several militant atheists already do.

Also, insufferable? What's insufferable about people disliking a personality cult?
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Jan 29, 2019 6:11 AM

Jul 2015
KaiserNazrin said:
I bet you guys will hate Jesus too if he said he like anime. You guys are insufferable.

I think you failed to read the posts of people who are "hating" on your memelord.
Jan 29, 2019 6:12 AM

May 2018
KaiserNazrin said:

I like how many people post that they don't care.

People having problem with what other people like, whether it's anime or billionaire. You know what this sounds like? Elitism.

Just get yourself a popcorn with extra salt topping and enjoy all the insecurities and conspiracy on capitalism.
Papa_ScorchJan 29, 2019 6:36 AM
Jan 29, 2019 6:13 AM

Mar 2018
Looks like we have the power of Elon Musk and Anime on our side.
Jan 29, 2019 6:15 AM

Jul 2015
@Gorochu It's funny how people who praise him as a "genius" seem absolutely inacpable of understanding basic sentences, reading a post without trolling, or expressing themselves instead of resorting to premade internet memes.

*stares at him and chews her bubblegum*
Jan 31, 2019 6:07 PM

Feb 2011
Deathko said:

And the bit about "he's a rocket science genius" is kinda hilarious. He got filthy rich co-funding Paypal (basically, taxing microtransactions online, the lowest form of capitalistic parasitism at the world's scale), not by making revolutionary rockets or electric cars.

Wait, you're telling me he's a bank? To my knowledge though paypal was a secure pay platform and also offered small businesses (that weren't registered) a way to get paid directly from a website (banks require you to have an actual company name registered). Probably more, but it did fill a need and people were paying for it. You can make the argument that he exploited the weakness of others but that's just wishful thinking, people are responsible for themselves.
More to the point, we're going to argue politics if we go any further and that is a game for stupid people to mash their head against and maybe understand that it doesn't matter apart from personal level.

Deathko said:

But I guess the same people will tell you Trump, Gates or Jobs are/were geniuses. Lots of people are very eager to get scammed.

Fuck it, you got me. Trump is swell dude and Jobs saw the future. Gates doesn't force I.E. down my throat. Can't fight this shit.

Side note, I'm pretty sure your hugable levels are sky high.
ZaBiciJan 31, 2019 6:11 PM
Closer.
Jan 31, 2019 6:13 PM

Oct 2015
My eyes are now swollen. It can only be cured by a Kaiji shirt.

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Jan 31, 2019 6:15 PM

Jul 2013
Maybe we'll see Elon invest in the industry? That could be pretty neat.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Jan 31, 2019 7:48 PM

Jan 2018
Well, it's certainly a shirt and this topic has certainly turned to garbage quickly.

On the Jesus subject I'm pretty sure a) if he's real he probably likes anime and b) pretty sure he preached AGAINST personality cults.
Tsunshine-ChrisJan 31, 2019 8:27 PM
Feb 1, 2019 7:56 PM

May 2018
ZaBici said:
Deathko said:

Wait, you're telling me he's a bank? To my knowledge though paypal was a secure pay platform and also offered small businesses (that weren't registered) a way to get paid directly from a website (banks require you to have an actual company name registered). Probably more, but it did fill a need and people were paying for it. You can make the argument that he exploited the weakness of others but that's just wishful thinking, people are responsible for themselves.
More to the point, we're going to argue politics if we go any further and that is a game for stupid people to mash their head against and maybe understand that it doesn't matter apart from personal level.

Some people are just salty that their life suck so they envy the success of other people like Elon Musk, coming with conspiracy theory and blaming capitalism.

Different space agencies have their own success. Elon Musk's SpaceX main goals have always been making space travel more cheaper, making space rockets reusable.

SpaceX Achievements
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpaceX#Achievements

SpaceX is saving a ton of money by re-using Falcon 9 rockets
https://www.engadget.com/2017/04/06/spacex-is-saving-a-ton-of-money-by-re-using-falcon-9-rockets/

Not bad for a privately own company founded in 2002. Musk is really a rocket science genius. Whether it's China, Nasa, JAXA, different space agencies have their own intention and respective success. Just because China become the first country to land spacecraft on moon's far side doesn't mean they are better than Nasa or JAXA, vice versa. It's easy to tell when some elitist cherry pick information to discredit others. Nasa, JAXA, CNSA or Elon Musk and his SpaceX team, they are all genius admirable people who were out there trying create and achieve something unlike elitist here being couch potato watching anime, arguing quality of anime as if that achieve anything or contributing to human society and only capable of salty over others in the internet.
Papa_ScorchFeb 2, 2019 5:05 AM
Feb 1, 2019 8:14 PM

Oct 2016
he probably forced his enslaved asian workers to custom make it.
Feb 2, 2019 5:00 AM

Apr 2018
Deathko said:
The memelords' circlejerk surrounding Musk needs to die. Can't take someone who starts by calling Musk - who made his fortune by taxing online microtransactions - a "rocket science genius" seriously.

I'm not sure how much of this "self-made man genius made possible through the wonders of globalized capitalism and return to coal energy" myth people are actually buying, but it's absolutely hilarious and terrifying at the same time. The Nasa? Hubble, walking on the moon? Man, that's old stuff. LOOK AT THIS ROCKET SCIENCE GENIUS WHO SENDS GENIUS ELECTRIC CARS FROM HIS GENIUS COMPANIES IN SPACE IN A GENIUS MARKETING STUNT! AND HE MAKES GENIUS TWEETS AND LIKES GENIUS ANIME! Genius.

I mean woaw, the NASA never tried to base their space program around refurbishing empty cans that are the least costly part of their rockets. Not genius. (Plus how many cans did SpaceX reuse besides after the marketing shlock calmed down? Noooot that much, I'm afraid)

Japan is doing stuff a hundred times more useful by doing tests on solar propulsion and they don't brag on Twitter but whatever.

Isn't all of this like completely out of topic?
People are just happy to see a famous man wearing an anime t-shirt because it's a sign of anime and anime fans becoming more accepted in our society.
I don't feel like this topic is about "Elon Musk cult" at all, few people called him a genius and most, if not all, of them seemed to be sarcastic to me.
If u want to voice your complains about this cult ur not fond of, I don't think this is the right place to do it, u can literally substitute Elon Mask with any relevant figure in today's society and people would still cheer for it
vhagar8Feb 2, 2019 5:04 AM
Feb 2, 2019 5:31 AM

Jul 2015
@vhagar8 I'd agree with you if the OP wasn't a single sentence calling Musk a "rocket science genius". The very reason this thread exists is that OP totally bought the propaganda these new-rich tweeter-happy crooks spew. 1/ he's super intelligent 2/ he's one of us = ? we're all super intelligent! Hey, I wanna be intelligent too!

ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US!
Feb 2, 2019 5:45 AM

Mar 2016
ITT: Damn weeaboos hating on a billionaire. lol
NANACHO FOR PRESIDENT
Feb 2, 2019 6:42 AM
May 2016
Deathko said:
@vhagar8 I'd agree with you if the OP wasn't a single sentence calling Musk a "rocket science genius". The very reason this thread exists is that OP totally bought the propaganda these new-rich tweeter-happy crooks spew. 1/ he's super intelligent 2/ he's one of us = ? we're all super intelligent! Hey, I wanna be intelligent too!

i won't deny the cult of personality behind elon musk, but it was a simple passing comment, think you and other people may be overreacting a tiny bit
ShiroanonFeb 2, 2019 6:46 AM
Feb 2, 2019 6:48 AM

Nov 2017
Lmao people are getting more and more pathetic.
Feb 2, 2019 9:04 AM

Apr 2018
Deathko said:

I honestly thought he was being sarcastic about the whole "rocket science genius" thing.
And anyway, I understand "he's one of us" might sound a little cringe, but I think ur taking way too seriously that part as well.
vhagar8Feb 2, 2019 9:08 AM
Feb 2, 2019 10:54 AM

Dec 2018
We truly live in a society.........
Feb 2, 2019 11:06 AM
May 2018
As much as I love anime, I would never wear something anime related.
Feb 2, 2019 6:00 PM

May 2018
vhagar8 said:
Deathko said:

I honestly thought he was being sarcastic about the whole "rocket science genius" thing.
And anyway, I understand "he's one of us" might sound a little cringe, but I think ur taking way too seriously that part as well.

With the success that SpaceX achieve as I mention in post 78, I can confidently said he is in fact rocket science genius literally. That's a fact. Elon is not just a businessman, he's also lead designer in SpaceX. However, that is not to say he is the only, there are other people in SpaceX, Nasa etc who are also rocket science genius.

Elon is also the co-founder, CEO and lead designer of Space Exploration Technologies (SpaceX),

https://www.tesla.com/elon-musk

He holds South African, Canadian, and U.S. citizenship and is the founder, CEO, and lead designer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elon_Musk
Papa_ScorchFeb 2, 2019 6:50 PM
Feb 3, 2019 1:31 AM

Apr 2018
Gorochu said:
vhagar8 said:

With the success that SpaceX achieve as I mention in post 78, I can confidently said he is in fact rocket science genius literally. That's a fact. Elon is not just a businessman, he's also lead designer in SpaceX. However, that is not to say he is the only, there are other people in SpaceX, Nasa etc who are also rocket science genius.

Elon is also the co-founder, CEO and lead designer of Space Exploration Technologies (SpaceX),

He holds South African, Canadian, and U.S. citizenship and is the founder, CEO, and lead designer

I honestly don't care enough about Elon Mask to say I know for sure what's going on, but isn't him just the one who put the money?
It's like his own company, he can pick whatever title he'd like to, the fact that he's the "Lead designer" doesn't necessarily imply he's the one who's creating/discovering anything.
Anyway, I'm not informed enough to say I really know what I'm talking about, and, whenever Elon Mask is a rocket science genius or not, I don't really give a fuck. I was just here because it's cool to see a relevant figure of today's society wearing an anime t-shirt...
Feb 3, 2019 1:53 AM

May 2018
vhagar8 said:
Gorochu said:

I honestly don't care enough about Elon Mask to say I know for sure what's going on, but isn't him just the one who put the money?
It's like his own company, he can pick whatever title he'd like to, the fact that he's the "Lead designer" doesn't necessarily imply he's the one who's creating/discovering anything.
Anyway, I'm not informed enough to say I really know what I'm talking about, and, whenever Elon Mask is a rocket science genius or not, I don't really give a fuck. I was just here because it's cool to see a relevant figure of today's society wearing an anime t-shirt...

He don’t just put the money. He also involve in designing it. Why would he give himself title of lead designer if he’s not the one who create/ discover thing. He has a degree in physics, science is also his speciality not just business.

He transferred to the University of Pennsylvania two years later, where he received an economics degree from the Wharton School and a degree in physics from the College of Arts and Sciences. He began a Ph.D. in applied physics and material sciences at Stanford University in 1995 but dropped out after two days to pursue an entrepreneurial career.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elon_Musk
Elon Musk is a legitimate rocket science genius.I did a quick research on his background before calling him rocket science genius in OP.
Papa_ScorchFeb 3, 2019 6:03 AM
Feb 3, 2019 2:10 AM

Jun 2016
Mirai said:
Kakegurui confirmed to be big brain anime for big brain people

Well I'm screwed, goddamnit! >:'^(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2019 3:59 AM

Jun 2017
xchyssa said:
He's probably a gambling freak like Jabami. xD

This would be really interesting and a bit scary at the same time, with the fate of millions at stake you know?
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Feb 6, 2019 2:25 AM

May 2018
vhagar8 said:
I was just here because it's cool to see a relevant figure of today's society wearing an anime t-shirt...

Forget to mention something in previous post. Palmer Luckey(not sure if you heard about him), founder of Occulus VR is a fan of Re: Zero.

Feb 6, 2019 3:02 AM

Apr 2018
Gorochu said:
vhagar8 said:
I was just here because it's cool to see a relevant figure of today's society wearing an anime t-shirt...

Forget to mention something in previous post. Palmer Luckey(not sure if you heard about him), founder of Occulus VR is a fan of Re: Zero.

Nope, never heard about him tbh, but I guess that's cool as well.
A little less cool since he's pushing for the adaptation of "re:zero if" rather than a season 2 but still cool I guess ahaha
Feb 6, 2019 3:21 AM

May 2018
vhagar8 said:
Gorochu said:

Nope, never heard about him tbh, but I guess that's cool as well.
A little less cool since he's pushing for the adaptation of "re:zero if" rather than a season 2 but still cool I guess ahaha

That because he's a big fan of Rem even cosplay as one.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Apr 23

85 by maya2003s »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 8 hours ago

27 by shiro-seishun »»
5 minutes ago

» Skibidi toilet piece part 2 (the sequel)

Cyborgium - 3 hours ago

4 by Daviljoe193 »»
8 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

222 by Shizuna »»
15 minutes ago

» Do you consider the opening(s) and ending(s) when rating an anime? ( 1 2 )

Hacker075 - Mar 15

61 by maya2003s »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.