Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 23, 2019 4:31 PM

Oct 2008
Y'all prolly gonna watch this for the girls, but I'm gonna be watching for Machio! I can't wait~! XD
Jan 23, 2019 4:47 PM

Nov 2008
The genre should be changed to sports, bodybuilding and weightlifting are sports.

Jan 25, 2019 7:19 PM

Mar 2016
Yess I love fit girls.
NANACHO FOR PRESIDENT
Jan 25, 2019 7:32 PM

Nov 2016
I'm actually hyped cause I like to workout myself and was always waiting for an anime like this xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 25, 2019 7:33 PM

Jun 2015
I think Machio is the main reason to watch.
:)
Jan 25, 2019 7:40 PM
May 2017
The manga has good score and reviews, its story seems to be interesting, the anime is being produced by Doga Kobo, known for very good quality quirky animes, and Ecchi. No hype needed.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jan 26, 2019 11:40 PM

Jul 2017
It's alright, you can admit you want to see the fit girls too and no one will think you're less straight ^_^ I'm more hoping for some kinda yuri than anything though.
Jan 28, 2019 5:40 PM

Jun 2013
The fact that Doga kObo is handling this makes me super hyped. They definitely fit this manga's art style. Also, they really know how to accentuate and flaunt the... important bits.
Mar 29, 2019 5:23 PM

Dec 2017
doga kobo? ecchi? my arms will get some nice exercise thanks to this
looking forward
Mar 29, 2019 5:46 PM
Feb 2017
I'm strangely interested....
Apr 24, 2019 7:25 AM
Oct 2017
FMmatron said:
I'm actually hyped cause I like to workout myself and was always waiting for an anime like this xD

Well, technically seen it's about working out... The working out IS indeed a big plot point... Yet, i still feel like i should warn you not to expect what you are.
Apr 24, 2019 7:25 AM
Oct 2017
BlakexEkalb said:
I'm strangely interested....

You have great instincts
Apr 24, 2019 7:26 AM
Oct 2017
TsubasaFamily said:
It's alright, you can admit you want to see the fit girls too and no one will think you're less straight ^_^ I'm more hoping for some kinda yuri than anything though.

Be prepared for flexes
Apr 24, 2019 7:33 AM

Nov 2016
Nyoroni said:
FMmatron said:

Well, technically seen it's about working out... The working out IS indeed a big plot point... Yet, i still feel like i should warn you not to expect what you are.

I've read a few chapters and even knew what to expect solely based on the tags, the topic is primarily important for me and not the kind of storytelling.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 25, 2019 3:47 PM

Jul 2017
Nyoroni said:
TsubasaFamily said:

Be prepared for flexes

*flexes* *lilies appear everywhere*
May 7, 2019 2:59 AM
May 2017
one anime for each season, doga kobo is on FIRE !!!!
May 9, 2019 10:34 AM

May 2018
Welp by the time them hound dogs watch this .they're gonna be wishing that they have a girl as hot like these:

Of course there could be some of them whom were muscle worshipers whom like their dream woman to have more muscles like these:

Oh btw those Jap FBB you see there were Megumi Sawada , Naoko Osawa and Eriko Shimizu.
JiangHaoyi1979May 9, 2019 10:53 AM
May 13, 2019 1:03 AM

Feb 2017
The Russian girl is a damn queen. Always nice to have another Youmu Konpaku clone.
Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill.
May 19, 2019 4:50 AM

Oct 2010
LIGHT WEIGHT BABAYYY
May 20, 2019 11:23 PM
Jan 2019
Machio? Pfft. The real people to watch out for is the background machos. Especially Jason. That man, is thy waifu right there.
May 23, 2019 4:33 AM
Jan 2018
Looks like they downsized the MC boobs
May 27, 2019 10:09 AM

Apr 2016
FELLOW GYM BROS

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

thanks
Jun 2, 2019 10:00 AM

Jan 2013
uaots! ultimate anime of the season.
Jun 29, 2019 3:49 PM

Jun 2017
degeneratehours said:
ive never been directly targeted by an anime before, the manga is great and hope doga koba does it right.

Doga Kobo will do it justice, I'll guarantee it! (seriously CGDCT is their biggest strenght)
Jun 29, 2019 5:57 PM

Nov 2013
Disgusting. A gym is not a proper place for girls.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jul 1, 2019 4:39 PM

Apr 2015
KRKodama said:

Spotted the guy who likes out of shape girls and fat girls.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Jul 1, 2019 5:22 PM

Nov 2013
Tropisch said:
KRKodama said:

No, I prefer skinny girls. Those who go to a gym are always out of shape because they just get more muscles instead of getting skinny.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jul 1, 2019 7:42 PM

Jul 2017
Hoppy said:
The genre should be changed to sports, bodybuilding and weightlifting are sports.

No, they are exercises. But yeah, it fits.
Jul 1, 2019 7:43 PM

Jul 2017
KRKodama said:
Tropisch said:

No, I prefer skinny girls. Those who go to a gym are always out of shape because they just get more muscles instead of getting skinny.
That depends a lot of the person. If they train right, they just shape up, nice curves, and you can't even notice the muscles, only what they pop out
Jul 1, 2019 11:55 PM

Dec 2013
KRKodama said:
Tropisch said:

Fam, you have no idea what you're talking about.
They don't gain muscle from the training alone.
And honestly, squats do wonders with woman's body.

PS: I hope you didn't mean your usual "skinny fat".
Jul 2, 2019 12:46 AM

Nov 2013
Kamiyan3991 said:
KRKodama said:

Fam, you have no idea what you're talking about.
They don't gain muscle from the training alone.
And honestly, squats do wonders with woman's body.

PS: I hope you didn't mean your usual "skinny fat".

No, I obviously didn't mean your usual "skinny fat", I mean skinny like the girls from your favorites list, for example.
Girls who go to a gym just get muscle over the fat and think that they can eat more to compensate for the energy spent in the training, so they get stuck between not really fat and not really skinny.
The best physical activity a girl can do to stay skinny is running. Those who go to a gym are just deceiving themselves and procrastinating.
― Saint Augustine
Jul 2, 2019 1:18 AM

Dec 2013
KRKodama said:
No, I obviously didn't mean your usual "skinny fat", I mean skinny like the girls from your favorites list, for example.
Girls who go to a gym just get muscle over the fat and think that they can eat more to compensate for the energy spent in the training, so they get stuck between not really fat and not really skinny.

Uhh, nope. It depends. But they can actually eat more, since muscle training boosts your metabolism.

Contrary to popular belief, humans struggle to gain muscle mass. With good trainings and good diet you can get 1ibs (0,5kg) / month... and I'm talking about men here. It's even more complicated/harder for women, because they have low testosterone.

Basically, most women at the gym just burn fat and get in shape.

KRKodama said:
The best physical activity a girl can do to stay skinny is running. Those who go to a gym are just deceiving themselves and procrastinating.

Running sucks since you reach a plateau quite fast. And it doesn't boost your metabolism.

@KRKodama Have you ever seen a girl at the gym?
A lot of them look like top models. No kiddin'.
Kamiyan3991Jul 2, 2019 1:21 AM
Jul 2, 2019 7:53 AM

Nov 2013
Kamiyan3991 said:
KRKodama said:

Uhh, nope. It depends. But they can actually eat more, since muscle training boosts your metabolism.

Contrary to popular belief, humans struggle to gain muscle mass. With good trainings and good diet you can get 1ibs (0,5kg) / month... and I'm talking about men here. It's even more complicated/harder for women, because they have low testosterone.

KRKodama said:

Running sucks since you reach a plateau quite fast. And it doesn't boost your metabolism.

Of course running boosts your metabolism.
Yes, I've seen girls at a gym when I used to go to one, and throughout my life I've known many girls who claimed to go to a gym in order to "get in shape", and those who weren't still fat struggling to lose weight were all thick.
Top models wouldn't go to a gym because they know that the muscles gotten there just ruin the delicate skinny appearance that's the ideal for girls to have. I know a girl in real life who is a model, and she runs in order to stay always skinny.
― Saint Augustine
Jul 2, 2019 9:35 AM

Dec 2013
KRKodama said:

While running. It doesn't boost your metabolism for 24h, like gym.
Technically, it's possible to boost your metabolism through running but I'm talking about intervals here (HIIT). It's more like gym activity instead regular running.

KRKodama said:
Yes, I've seen girls at a gym when I used to go to one, and throughout my life I've known many girls who claimed to go to a gym in order to "get in shape", and those who weren't still fat struggling to lose weight were all thick.

Many people at the gym do things wrong. You're talking about girls who don't train properly and don't eat properly.
And honestly, it's quite hard for girls to get "thick". You need a lot of calories and proteins. And hard training, obviously. Most girls do only light exercises.

That said, good squats are insanely good for girls. These things make legs and asses way more attractive. Yeah, I'm pointing this out because I find female legs very attractive. Good legs are goddamn lit.

KRKodama said:
Top models wouldn't go to a gym because they know that the muscles gotten there just ruin the delicate skinny appearance that's the ideal for girls to have. I know a girl in real life who is a model, and she runs in order to stay always skinny.

Top models do train at the gym. You might want to read something about it.
You know some model? That's cool. I know some of them, too, and they do lift.
Muscle training is kind of essential to expose female body parts. Especially lower parts.
Jul 2, 2019 3:30 PM

Nov 2013
Kamiyan3991 said:
KRKodama said:

While running. It doesn't boost your metabolism for 24h, like gym.
Technically, it's possible to boost your metabolism through running but I'm talking about intervals here (HIIT). It's more like gym activity instead regular running.

KRKodama said:

Many people at the gym do things wrong. You're talking about girls who don't train properly and don't eat properly.
And honestly, it's quite hard for girls to get "thick". You need a lot of calories and proteins. And hard training, obviously. Most girls do only light exercises.

That said, good squats are insanely good for girls. These things make legs and asses way more attractive. Yeah, I'm pointing this out because I find female legs very attractive. Good legs are goddamn lit.

KRKodama said:

Top models do train at the gym. You might want to read something about it.
You know some model? That's cool. I know some of them, too, and they do lift.
Muscle training is kind of essential to expose female body parts. Especially lower parts.

Top models do not train at the gym. They do other activities such as running or gymnastics instead of lifting weights in a gym that will obviously just make their bodies thicker and out of shape to work as a model.
I do believe that there are "models" who lift, but those are doomed to fail in the profession because one activity clearly contradicts the other. By lifting weights they get tougher, more masculine, and less feminine. The feminine charm is directly related to delicacy, and working out to get stronger is the opposite of that, and that's why I say that a gym is not a proper place for ladies.
― Saint Augustine
Jul 2, 2019 3:33 PM
Apr 2016
KRKodama said:
Kamiyan3991 said:

Are you sure you know any model girl? Because skinny girls actually have to exercise a lot to stay in shape. And it s not just about running. All models i know do squats and abs at least two days a week.

Even you, i don t know if you are a woman or a man, but try to get the same body as a model without going at the gym and you ll understand
Franck_NicolasJul 2, 2019 3:41 PM
Jul 2, 2019 3:43 PM

Nov 2013
Franck_Nicolas said:
KRKodama said:

Lol you clearly don t know any model girl. Skinny girls have to exercise a lot to stay in shape. And it s not just about running. All models i know do squats and abs at least two days a week

You clearly don't know any real model girl. Eating as a necessity, and not as a way to feel pleasure(not eating like a pig does), is perfectly enough for a girl to stay skinny. And running is obviously a much faster way to lose weight anyways. Doing "squats and abs" is also a way to lose weight, but that comes with the price of gradually losing their femininity.
― Saint Augustine
Jul 2, 2019 3:47 PM
Apr 2016
KRKodama said:
Franck_Nicolas said:

Lol you clearly don t know any model girl. Skinny girls have to exercise a lot to stay in shape. And it s not just about running. All models i know do squats and abs at least two days a week

You clearly don't know any real model girl. Eating as a necessity, and not as a way to feel pleasure(not eating like a pig does), is perfectly enough for a girl to stay skinny. And running is obviously a much faster way to lose weight anyways. Doing "squats and abs" is also a way to lose weight, but that comes with the price of gradually losing their femininity.

To me an athletic woman is more feminine than a skinny one with a weak body.

Jul 2, 2019 4:09 PM

Nov 2013
Franck_Nicolas said:
KRKodama said:

To me an athletic woman is more feminine than a skinny one with a weak body.

I'm sure that feminists would love to read what you just wrote, but I do not. I maintain my view on how masculinity is related to toughness, and femininity is related to delicacy. It's our role as men to become stronger to protect the women, who are naturally weaker. And it's not just their appearance that gets more masculine when women become stronger, but also their personalities, since one thing influences the other, and when you support women's strength you're increasing your chances of having to suffer a platonic love towards a girl who turns out to be more interested in other girls.
― Saint Augustine
Jul 2, 2019 4:36 PM

Dec 2013
KRKodama said:
Top models do not train at the gym.

They do tho. Simple google search can confirm.

KRKodama said:
lifting weights in a gym that will obviously just make their bodies thicker

It won't make them thicker tho. I've already explained it like 2 times, didn't I?
Not sure if you're trolling, or you simply have no idea about this subject. Lifting alone doesn't build your muscles. Even men cannot gain muscle without high-calorie diet, and women have low testosterone, which makes it even harder. Not sure, but they probably can't build muscle mass without hormone shots.

KRKodama said:
I do believe that there are "models" who lift, but those are doomed to fail in the profession because one activity clearly contradicts the other.

Lifting alone doesn't contradict with anything. It depends more on diet than workout. You can't get muscles without +diet, you won't lose weight without -diet etc.

Also, the gym is way better for maintaning pure weight (no fat):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catabolism

Generally, running isn't good for maintaning low %BF because it won't prevent you from burning muscles instead fat. And I'm talking about muscles you already had prior to the trainings.

But, uhh, nvm. Bro, idk if you're trolling, or you just have no idea what you're talking about. But, basically, you're talking bullshit.
Go educate yoursef.
Kamiyan3991Jul 2, 2019 4:39 PM
Jul 2, 2019 5:59 PM

Nov 2013
Kamiyan3991 said:
KRKodama said:
Top models do not train at the gym.

KRKodama said:
lifting weights in a gym that will obviously just make their bodies thicker

It won't make them thicker tho. I've already explained it like 2 times, didn't I?
Not sure if you're trolling, or you simply have no idea about this subject. Lifting alone doesn't build your muscles. Even men cannot gain muscle without high-calorie diet, and women have low testosterone, which makes it even harder. Not sure, but they probably can't build muscle mass without hormone shots.

KRKodama said:
I do believe that there are "models" who lift, but those are doomed to fail in the profession because one activity clearly contradicts the other.

Lifting alone doesn't contradict with anything. It depends more on diet than workout. You can't get muscles without +diet, you won't lose weight without -diet etc.

Also, the gym is way better for maintaning pure weight (no fat):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catabolism

Generally, running isn't good for maintaning low %BF because it won't prevent you from burning muscles instead fat. And I'm talking about muscles you already had prior to the trainings.

But, uhh, nvm. Bro, idk if you're trolling, or you just have no idea what you're talking about. But, basically, you're talking bullshit.
Go educate yoursef.

You're telling me to do google searches, using a wikipedia page as reference, accusing me of trolling because I disagree with you, and then you tell me to educate myself?
You've just shown how uneducated and naive you are.
It's not by searching for information on the internet that one gets educated. It's by reading books by reliable authors and having real life experience that one acquires valuable knowledge.

No, they do not, and google search cannot confirm anything.

It obviously will make them thicker. You already showed the false information that you have of the topic. That's what you did. You should be listening and thanking me for telling you how it really works.
Lifting alone does build muscles. The women will naturally feel the hunger to eat as much as is necessary to develop the muscles that are being used to do the exercises that they are doing, which makes them thicker. Don't talk about diet and workout as if one wasn't directly related to the other.
Of course, with enough discipline one can keep eating very little and lifting only light weights for her whole life, which won't make her have more muscles to a relevant level in a masculine way, but this is out of topic, since we're talking about an anime called "Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru?", meaning that the characters are obviously aiming to lift as much weight as possible, gradually becoming less and less feminine. If the models that you know are not aiming to become better at the activities that they do at the gym, then they are not really training in a gym; they are just going there to play around.
And I'm not just referring to the size of the muscles. Depending on the kind of training, especially if you do martial arts, you can develop a muscled strong body that looks skinny when covered with clothes, but it's clearly not the kind of body that a model wants to have.

Lifting alone doesn't contradict with anything.

Lifting weight contradicts with the job of a model that is supposed to show feminine beauty. By doing it they become stronger, and therefore less delicate, which means that they are becoming less attractive as women.
Appreciating muscles in a woman's body is weird, and you should be worrying about how twisted your view has become. You're admiring masculine aspects in women, and that's really gay.

Running can't burn muscles; it's lack of use that makes one lose muscles. Running, especially sprinting, burns fat in an extremely effective way and doesn't thicken your body like weight lifting does. It's also an activity that has real use in life.
ColtBuntlineJul 2, 2019 6:37 PM
― Saint Augustine
Jul 2, 2019 8:01 PM

May 2016
Why the genre isn't sport? :C
Jul 2, 2019 8:11 PM
Feb 2017
Gohanintendo said:
Why the genre isn't sport? :C

Because it's not competitive. If it were for competitions it could be slapped on, but it's not.
Jul 3, 2019 12:07 AM

Dec 2013
KRKodama said:
You're telling me to do google searches, using a wikipedia page as reference,

Huh, it's just some basic concept in chemistry. And wikipedia does link references.

KRKodama said:
and then you tell me to educate myself?

Confirming female testosterone level is a good start. But I'm pretty sure you're just trolling.

KRKodama said:
You're admiring masculine aspects in women, and that's really gay.

That's obvi. trolling, and I got baited. Damn it.
Jul 3, 2019 2:49 AM
Oct 2017
Hoppy said:

Technically speaking it isn't really sports, from what I've read in the manga the weightlifting is almost never shown as a sort of sport, but more like in a slice of life way.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru? Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2019

161 by Cyroro »»
Apr 12, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru? Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2019

45 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 8, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

132 by hanyuhi16 »»
Mar 23, 7:30 PM

Poll: » Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2019

294 by AltF4Magic »»
Jan 24, 5:24 AM

Poll: » Did you guys do the exercises at the end of the episodes?

JaniSIr - Apr 17, 2023

29 by dezhavhu »»
Jan 1, 1:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.