Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 19, 2019 9:23 AM
Sep 2017
Honestly I think black clover is way better than fairy tail in everything..... The fights in fairy tail are all just hype which I don't enjoy watching.... And I don't get it why black clover is getting this low rating on MAL.... Just by looking at rating some people decide not to watch it.... They have no idea that they are missing on this amazing piece
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jan 19, 2019 12:16 PM

Jan 2017
kkiri911 said:
Honestly I think black clover is way better than fairy tail in everything..... The fights in fairy tail are all just hype which I don't enjoy watching.... And I don't get it why black clover is getting this low rating on MAL.... Just by looking at rating some people decide not to watch it.... They have no idea that they are missing on this amazing piece

Fairy Tail was awful and Black Clover was mediocre after a couple eps that i've seen. So far it's better and I've heard Black Clover gets very good after a bit of episodes so Yes I agree Black Clover is a lot better than Fairy Tail
you're cool
Jan 28, 2019 12:26 PM
May 2016
agreed, Fairy Tail has really bland fight choreography and has no reason for everyone to use one specific type of magic, it's also much more trashy than Black Clover at the moment. There are reasons to like Fairy Tail, but by the end, Fairy tail was a massive trainwreck on multiple levels. Black clover COULD potentially end up the same way, but we'll have to wait until the end.
Jan 30, 2019 5:42 PM
Oct 2010
I don't even understand why people like you think Black Clover is any good. Fairy Tail is way better than this garbage dump of a show. Here are 5 reason why I think your opinion is false:

1. Asta screams on every sentence.
2. Asta is just a wannabe Naruto with the same copied goal as him.
3. Lot of the things that happened in the show are just for the sake of the plot.
4. Many of Black Clover's characters have very little to no personality.
5. Black Clover recaps the same stuff that just happened on the same episode and wastes time with little new story material (There is no excuse for this and no anime I ever seen not even Fairy Tail does that).

Care to defend any of these statements?
Jan 30, 2019 8:04 PM
Sep 2016
Prefer FT but both are trash anyways which is why they're being compared to each other so at least you have the right idea
1.1.Six
Jan 30, 2019 9:24 PM
Aug 2018
of course is better, BC is good, FT is total trash

@SolidZone retarded statements read the manga
Jan 30, 2019 9:56 PM
Oct 2010
Light0001 said:

You're too blind to see the truth. It's even worst than Tokyo Ghoul and I hate that show just as much. The only good show that beats these 3 is My Hero Academia. Stop acting like a BC fanboy and admit it sucks.
Jan 30, 2019 11:58 PM
Aug 2018
SolidZone said:
Light0001 said:

You're too blind to see the truth. It's even worst than Tokyo Ghoul and I hate that show just as much. The only good show that beats these 3 is My Hero Academia. Stop acting like a BC fanboy and admit it sucks.

lmao Hero Academia aka Green Naruto is mediocre/generic AF and it goes downhill after the AFO vs OFA fight. Tokyo Ghoul manga is better than that.
It's obvious that you never read BC manga tho, cuz right now is pure hype and 100 times more interesting than MHA and better by far than Fanservice Tail.

Feb 1, 2019 11:40 AM

Jan 2018
SolidZone said:
I don't even understand why people like you think Black Clover is any good. Fairy Tail is way better than this garbage dump of a show. Here are 5 reason why I think your opinion is false:

3. Lot of the things that happened in the show are just for the sake of the plot.
5. Black Clover recaps the same stuff that just happened on the same episode and wastes time with little new story material (There is no excuse for this and no anime I ever seen not even Fairy Tail does that).

1. You obviously don't keep up with the show as Asta scream get's lesser and lesser every episode and honestly he's not screaming that much compare to first few episode
2. Yeah just like every other shounen who has the same goal right? Totally a copy of Naruto! Luffy copied Naruto because he want to be a pirate king! Gon is a copy of Naruto because he want to be no.1 Hunter!
3. I don't even know if you'r serious at this statement. So if not for the plot then what? Isn't that one of the core value of anime/manga? to have a plot? how can you make a story progress without a plot you idiot!
4. Black Clover characters get's developed in a period and right amount of time. And most importantly treat and develop their female characters better than most female casts in shonen series (looking at Sakura lol)
5. I wouldn't argue with that, but 62/68 episodes of Black Clover are still cannon to source material. atleast we didn't get a ton of fillers like what Naruto anime have become lmao.

PS: Black Clover actually won on their fights based on tactics and teamwork and doesn't have Power of Friendship BS so it's definitely way miles better than Fairy Tail.
wonhallyu17Feb 1, 2019 11:44 AM
Feb 1, 2019 2:44 PM
Oct 2010
wonhallyu17 said:

1. You obviously don't keep up with the show as Asta scream get's lesser and lesser every episode and honestly he's not screaming that much compare to first few episode
2. Yeah just like every other shounen who has the same goal right? Totally a copy of Naruto! Luffy copied Naruto because he want to be a pirate king! Gon is a copy of Naruto because he want to be no.1 Hunter!
3. I don't even know if you'r serious at this statement. So if not for the plot then what? Isn't that one of the core value of anime/manga? to have a plot? how can you make a story progress without a plot you idiot!
4. Black Clover characters get's developed in a period and right amount of time. And most importantly treat and develop their female characters better than most female casts in shonen series (looking at Sakura lol)
5. I wouldn't argue with that, but 62/68 episodes of Black Clover are still cannon to source material. atleast we didn't get a ton of fillers like what Naruto anime have become lmao.

PS: Black Clover actually won on their fights based on tactics and teamwork and doesn't have Power of Friendship BS so it's definitely way miles better than Fairy Tail.

1. You're right, I don't. At least I watched his show dubbed so I don't have to deal with that BS, but it still doesn't change his character. In the dub's case, it's shouting and that's not too bad.
2. Being number 1 at something and a king are two completely different things. Plus, Luffy doesn't want to journey to end and wants to continue adventuring with his friends. Gon which I haven't seen yet, probably just want to get stronger. Asta's goal has no meaning behind it, which is why I think it's a copy.
3. Are you saying that scene for example that Asta gets accepted to the Black Bulls by chance? I think you're the idiot! I could have wrote this particular scene better and this is how:

How I would have wrote it is that during that part when no one raised their hands for the Magic Knights Squad. However after seeing Asta on that fight with Sekke, Yami comes out and gives Asta a test. If he can beat him, he's accepted to the Black Bulls. If not, he has to give up his dream forever. Knowing he was too strong, Asta's confidence and not willing to give up still accepted this fight. In the end, Asta was still defeated and was crying because he knows his dream is dead. But Yami decided to accept him anyway just because he likes him and managing to stand up to Yami was the true test, not the fight.

This would have made more sense, not that sad attempt of a plot shown.
4. Like any other anime, but the pacing is way too slow. There should have been a major back story of one of the main characters by now.
5. That's what I thought, there's no excuse with such poor directing. I wouldn't be surprised if the new episodes still does it.

Who cares about fights when characters are uninteresting? Even though the fights suck especially Erza's, Fairy Tail has better character development and have interesting backstories to keep me watching and not make it feel slow. But who does both better is Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. They do tactics and teamwork better than Black Clover and still makes the characters interesting.
SolidZone26Feb 1, 2019 5:25 PM
Feb 1, 2019 6:31 PM
Jan 2019
kkiri911 said:
YASSS PREACH MY MAN black clover in my opinion is far more entertaining with half the usaul crap and filler of fairytale or an anime like naurto
Jun 25, 2019 1:30 AM
Mar 2018
Ever heard of plagiarism? After copying everything from ft and naruto, no way in hell black clover can be better. People are bashing it just because it is in jump
Jun 25, 2019 1:32 AM
Mar 2018
SolidZone said:

I agree. Fairy Tail has better world building than BC too
Jun 25, 2019 3:49 AM

May 2012
Fairy Tail Final season > Black Clover > Fairy Tail 2 > Fairy Tail season 1

I'm enjoying Fairy Tail Final season more than black clover, probably because it more serious now and does not have filler and bad comedies like previous seasons
Jun 25, 2019 4:06 AM
Jan 2018
Fairy tail used to really good - the grand magic games arc among others were simply amazing. Black clover at the beginning was trash, but it grew on me. After about 30 or so episodes, I really started to like it a lot.
Jun 25, 2019 4:24 AM
Jan 2018
Disagree. People forget that before Fairy Tail became a shitshow, the first half before the timeskip was actually really good. FAR better than anything Black Clover ever shown. Black Clover is guilty pleasure because of its none stop action. Only now in the mangas has the writing become interesting.
Jun 25, 2019 4:45 AM

Apr 2018
That's a fact tho, FT is the worst battle shonen by far imo. BC has the magical battles I expected out of Fairy Tail but all FT fights has been disappointing and predictable along with slideshow animation. Also FT's plot is just "power of friendship solves everything" along with ridiculous fanservice even in the serious moments

This BC fight is far better than anything FT ever shown

killuaxgonJun 25, 2019 5:19 AM
Jun 25, 2019 4:10 PM

Dec 2016
Is just my opinion really ... but I love both series. Sure, I don't think they are the best anime ever, but they have a special place in my heart at least.

Long anime shows usually do this. There is more time/episodes to build up the story, develop the character's, introducing new one's, etc. This also leads to a decline in the animation, and some scenes become repetitive.
Having the main cast complete, from there the spectors are able to see their character's growing up and evolving, eventually take a place in their hearts.

Fairy Tail was one of the first animes I have seen, and I think that is a reason why I loved it when I was watching, since anime stuff was pretty new to me. I didn't cared about the whole "power of friendship" thing. I loved the soundtrack, and I think the battles where hyped (screams, animation, etc). But I can see that this last season is having more static images than animation iself, and I kinda liked more the previous seasons than this one.

For Black Clover, is not that much different. I'm whatching it for the story and the characters rather than the animation.

Just to add, I prefer Fairy Tail over One Piece. All day everyday. I think it's a much better show.
Jun 25, 2019 4:12 PM

Dec 2013
My opinion is that they both suck lol. Black Clover is full of clichés I'm tired of seeing already and I the amount of Friendship Power deus ex machina in Fairy Tail is off the charts.
Jun 27, 2019 6:48 AM

Oct 2018
I give rating between fairy tail and Black clover over this past few year.

BLACK CLOVER
BEFORE 6/10
NOW 6/10

FAIRY TAIL 2009 - 9/10
FAIRY TAIL 2014 - 5/10
FAIRY TAIL 2018 - 3/10

Jun 27, 2019 6:55 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I mean, its not really hard to do
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 16, 2020 3:08 PM
Jul 2020
SolidZone26 said:

1.I don’t mind his screaming if you dont like it then its your opinion not a statement
2.Naruto and Asta’s goals are different. Naruto wants to be hokage while asta wants to be wizard king to prove even an orphan can become a wizard king since they are looked down on by royalty and nobles. The other reason is to also help his fathers church and give them good food to eat and make them happy so no he isn’t a naruto wannabe.
3.Care to give an example?
4.I disagree with this one I think the characters do have a lot of personality. And if your saying many then at least say which characters.
5.You can skip the recap so that doesn’t even matter nobody forced you to watch it. And one piece does recaps too so yes another anime which is considered one of the best does that too.
Jul 16, 2020 3:14 PM
Jul 2020
katharsis_3173 said:
Ever heard of plagiarism? After copying everything from ft and naruto, no way in hell black clover can be better. People are bashing it just because it is in jump

Fairy tail copied stuff from One piece too yet nothing happened to it. The only similarities between them are stuff like magic and the personalities which fairy tail doesn't own. Even how they use magic is different and better in my opinion.
Also how did it copy naruto? Like I said before naruto and astas goals are way different, yuno may seem similar to sasuke but after seeing his backstory and how he treats asta they aren't similar at all only a bit personality wise.
And even with similar stories Black Clover is better. The characters designs are better and it doesn’t have the annoying fanservice every second or the power of friendship.
Jul 16, 2020 3:33 PM

Sep 2017
Well I've got something for you
They both suck
ุฎ
Jul 16, 2020 5:01 PM
Oct 2010
Annn2727 said:

1.I don’t mind his screaming if you dont like it then its your opinion not a statement
2.Naruto and Asta’s goals are different. Naruto wants to be hokage while asta wants to be wizard king to prove even an orphan can become a wizard king since they are looked down on by royalty and nobles. The other reason is to also help his fathers church and give them good food to eat and make them happy so no he isn’t a naruto wannabe.
3.Care to give an example?
4.I disagree with this one I think the characters do have a lot of personality. And if your saying many then at least say which characters.
5.You can skip the recap so that doesn’t even matter nobody forced you to watch it. And one piece does recaps too so yes another anime which is considered one of the best does that too.

I'm not going to bother with 1-4, all the stuff I said was way back before the Final Series aired and during the early Black Clover episodes. I have a completely different opinion about Fairy Tail now, but my opinion about Black Clover still hasn't changed.

But as for 5 if you do skip it, the amount of time skipped the episode is already over as it's part of it. It's a waste of time to repeat that recent segment and felt like just to cover up the rest of the minutes. It's poor directing, don't know if any of the episodes after 51 fixed that.

Fatephile said:
Well I've got something for you
They both suck

You're not wrong. Final Series was a disappointment and Black Clover has directing issues not even any mainstream anime had.
SolidZone26Jul 17, 2020 1:56 AM
Jul 16, 2020 5:10 PM

Oct 2019
To be simple, anyone who watched Naruto as a kid or read Naruto fanfiction will hate Black Clover because it is literally an au Naruto fanfic, but wizards. But comparing it to Fairy Tail is a flawed question because its like comparing moldy white bread to moldy wheat bread, they're both bad.
Hi :)
Jul 16, 2020 9:10 PM

Oct 2014
Fairy tail got worse over time in my opinion. However Fairy tail (2011) was really good, alot better than black clover.

I am not one of the people who completly trash this anime, but I can understand the people who do. However I simply cannot understand why anyone would give this anything above 7. Much less 10/10.

This show is very bland, very mediocre, and does nothing new. Giving it a 10/10 is basically pure incompetence. Thinking its better than Fairy tail as a whole, I dont really mind.
Jul 16, 2020 9:40 PM

Mar 2018
theyre both shit lmao
Jul 17, 2020 1:35 AM
Mar 2018
Annn2727 said:
katharsis_3173 said:

Fairy tail copied stuff from One piece too yet nothing happened to it. The only similarities between them are stuff like magic and the personalities which fairy tail doesn't own. Even how they use magic is different and better in my opinion.
Also how did it copy naruto? Like I said before naruto and astas goals are way different, yuno may seem similar to sasuke but after seeing his backstory and how he treats asta they aren't similar at all only a bit personality wise.
And even with similar stories Black Clover is better. The characters designs are better and it doesn’t have the annoying fanservice every second or the power of friendship.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1771178

Read this topic before spouting nonsense. BC's five types of magic and mixing them is as same as naruto. And it has "not yet/push past your limits" bullshit that ruins everything. BC's art is nothing compared to FT, BC"s character faces look almost the same, where ft's art is marvelous. And ft is ecchi, so fanservice doesn't count when comparing to bc
Jul 17, 2020 5:23 AM

Jul 2017
Was there ever really any sort of debate surrounding this? Fairy Tail eventually stooped way too low. Fortunately, most battle-shounen don't sink anywhere near those levels.

Jul 17, 2020 5:45 AM

Dec 2019
The only thing i can say is yes ^^
Jul 18, 2020 7:21 AM
Oct 2019
I recently decided to start Fairy Tail. I lasted 13 episodes. Simply put, it wasn't nearly as entertaining for me as Black Clover. No in depth analysis necessary. "Enjoyment" is what matters.

I wish I liked FT more. I was expecting I would, since everyone says BC is similar to it (and Naruto). And while there are similarities, I just didn't like it as much as the other two.

I won't talk bad about FT, though. If someone likes it that's fine. But I will say something about MHA since it has also been mentioned in here. Deku is the worst MC out of Naruto, Asta, and Natsu. Bar none. Not even close. Crying and never being able to use his power properly. That's his character. That's all it is.

I've never watched One Piece, so I can't comment there.
HagePotPotatoJul 18, 2020 5:26 PM
Jul 18, 2020 9:09 PM

Feb 2019
Only idi....ts are arguing about that
I love fairy tail and black clover both
Hate me if you want
Jul 18, 2020 9:18 PM

Feb 2019
HagePotPotato said:
I recently decided to start Fairy Tail. I lasted 13 episodes. Simply put, it wasn't nearly as entertaining for me as Black Clover. No in depth analysis necessary. "Enjoyment" is what matters.

I wish I liked FT more. I was expecting I would, since everyone says BC is similar to it (and Naruto). And while there are similarities, I just didn't like it as much as the other two.

I won't talk bad about FT, though. If someone likes it that's fine. But I will say something about MHA since it has also been mentioned in here. Deku is the worst MC out of Naruto, Asta, and Natsu. Bar none. Not even close. Crying and never being able to use his power properly. That's his character. That's all it is.

Deku is the worst protagonist?
Can't control his power? ๐Ÿ™„
I think you clearly haven't watched mha
It's so easy to control one for all? Its his fault?
Do you understand character development?
It would be boring if he control one for all easily... Lol
Or. Crying
Yes, he was a cry baby, so what?
And there's nothing wrong with that
When everyone around him has powers and he is the only one without power and also bullied by someone
There's nothing wrong with crying
Even though he don't have quirk, he still tries to save his friend
When other heroes who have powers can't do anything
Well, btw everyone has their opinions
Every protagonist get lots of hates
Some says naruto is worst
Some says goku is worst
Some say natsu is worst
Some says luffy is worst
Every protagonist has lots of hater like you

Sorry for bad English
Sakuta002766Jul 18, 2020 9:31 PM
Jul 19, 2020 6:28 AM
Oct 2019
Sakuta34_12 said:
HagePotPotato said:

Or. Crying
When everyone around him has powers and he is the only one without power and also bullied by someone
Some says goku is worst
Some say natsu is worst
Some says luffy is worst

Sorry for bad English

Your English is fine.

But the novel you wrote defending Deku is sad.

I do hate Deku. Because he's an awful character. Being pathetic at life for 4 seasons is not "development". If that's the standard, then Sakura (Naruto) is the best-developed character of all-time. Lolz

You're being lazy by saying the reason worthless Deku sucks so much is because of "development".

Parts of MHA are great. But those scenes and episodes usually didn't focus on Deku. Funny how that works...
Jul 19, 2020 4:51 PM

Feb 2019
HagePotPotato said:
Sakuta34_12 said:

Or. Crying
Some says goku is worst
Some say natsu is worst
Some says luffy is worst

Sorry for bad English

Your English is fine.

But the novel you wrote defending Deku is sad.

I do hate Deku. Because he's an awful character. Being pathetic at life for 4 seasons is not "development". If that's the standard, then Sakura (Naruto) is the best-developed character of all-time. Lolz

You're being lazy by saying the reason worthless Deku sucks so much is because of "development".

Parts of MHA are great. But those scenes and episodes usually didn't focus on Deku. Funny how that works...

Deku doesn't have any development?
Its just makes me laugh ๐Ÿ˜‚
Nothing more
Well,I'm not an idiot who is going to argue over everything

I'm not going to tell your Opinion is bad/trash
Everyone has different options
So bye bye
Jul 19, 2020 9:28 PM
Oct 2019
Back on topic, I like Black Clover much more than Fairy Tail. I agree with the OP.
HagePotPotatoJul 19, 2020 9:41 PM
Jul 19, 2020 9:39 PM
Community Mod
ใ‚ฆใ‚งใƒซใ‚ซใƒ ใƒใƒผใƒ โ„ข

Feb 2014
Thread locked:

For Breaking Anime Discussion Rule 2.B
Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage meaningful and/or civil discussion. This includes, but is not limited to:
a. picture collecting
b. random "xx vs. yy" (e.g. random anime/manga/character xx vs. random anime/manga/character yy)
c. gossiping about individuals (e.g. youtubers, channels/videos, MAL members, other sites' users, etc.)
d. personal storytelling, narration, ranting, and/or blog-style posts; these topics only encourage a one-way discussion where members are commenting on the poster's idea, and should be posted using blog feature instead

And can use the official "Most Overrated/Underrated Anime Discussion Thread" if wanting to discuss about an overrated/underrated anime. Please make sure to read the rules in the thread before posting.

GUIDELINES/FAQ โ—€
AD/MD RULES โ—€
CD RULES โ—€
CE RULES โ—€
REPORT โ—€
STAFF โ—€
SET BY SENPIEX
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 126 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2020

75 by DrCarlosRamos »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 144 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2020

35 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2020

49 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 3:49 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 142 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2020

71 by Vindicater »»
Apr 24, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 141 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2020

75 by Vindicater »»
Apr 23, 9:57 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.