Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 10, 2019 9:10 AM

Jan 2014
One VA voicing multiple characters in a show isn't that rare, and I was really hoping they'd go the extra mile with this and do just that.

I don't know. While the voice cast we have is GREAT, I think it's because it's such a distinct cast, it kinda worries me. Many arcs and mini-stories in the manga rely on the audience ABSOLUTELY not knowing who is who (especially the latest arc and the chairlift scene). I heard they were keeping the bride subtitled (which already kinda sucks) but what about the other "secret identity" stories?

I feel like the way they'd execute these is switching up the voices. But can you imagine a character's voice switch from Ayane Sakura to Ayana Taketatsu in a snap of a finger without it feeling just a wee bit jarring?

Just my 2 cents on the matter.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2019 7:24 AM
Nov 2010
They are wearing wigs in the latest arc and are all wearing hats in the chairlift scene.

I think the hair color is a MUCH bigger giveaway than the voices. The only ones that are close in color are Itsuki and Nino. Uesegi's going to have to be shown to go all stupid to not be able to tell them apart.
Jan 11, 2019 7:53 AM

Jan 2014
7godeohs said:
They are wearing wigs in the latest arc and are all wearing hats in the chairlift scene.

I think the hair color is a MUCH bigger giveaway than the voices. The only ones that are close in color are Itsuki and Nino. Uesegi's going to have to be shown to go all stupid to not be able to tell them apart.

Well yeah but the latest arc all hinged on what "mystery girl" told Uesugi when they were disguised as Itsuki. With different voices, anyone would be able to jot down who "mystery girl" was.

As for the chairlift, again, you can dress them up all you want but you can't really hide such a distinct voice. You can't really fool anyone into thinking this VA is that VA without making switch-a-roos.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2019 7:58 AM

Sep 2013
7godeohs said:

Agree with you unless they planning not to adapt it until the end. 5 of them should have a same hair color and voice because what will happen later in the story. But it seems we will only get an unfinished adaptation.
"... Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."
Jan 11, 2019 8:04 AM
Sep 2016
No idea but I'm loving the amount of fanservice they have in this one.
Jan 11, 2019 8:47 AM

May 2009
In manga commercial long before announcement of anime all girls were voiced by Ayaneru.
Jan 11, 2019 9:34 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
12 Episode series is not gonna reach that last arc sadly
Jan 11, 2019 10:03 AM

Sep 2014
The CM is completely dubbed by Ayaneru and the result was really good (you can find it on Youtube).
Unfortunately the production didn't use that solution in the anime (and personally I didn't like that choice, although the voice cast they chose is superb).
That said, I think this isn't a big deal. The "multicolor hair" of the quintuplets are a much bigger problem (although the hair color is different in the manga covers and in recent artworks by Haruba Negi as well)
Jan 18, 2019 7:35 AM

Sep 2009
{sarcasm}yeah because when you have quintuplets in real life they all have then same voice{/sarcasm}
Jan 18, 2019 8:09 AM
Jan 2018
komic said:
{sarcasm}yeah because when you have quintuplets in real life they all have then same voice{/sarcasm}

No one's asking the real question . How did there poor mum give birth to 5 kids in one birth
Jan 18, 2019 8:44 AM

Mar 2016
There’s a simple solution to the VA giving away a chracter’s identity problem: just have the character be voiced by the VA of whomever she appears to be at the moment. For example, in the family vacation arc, just have Minase voice the mystery girl when she appears, regardless of who she actually is.

This is actually quite common in anime where one character impersonates another.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

301 by Sporecraft »»
Apr 13, 1:44 AM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

112 by Sporecraft »»
Apr 9, 6:45 AM

» My review of the 5-toubun no Hanayome

aTi - Apr 4

17 by ElmoBoredAsf »»
Apr 5, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2019

237 by otakuanity »»
Mar 29, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2019

193 by Tiger_Tank-II »»
Mar 3, 1:40 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.