Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 7, 2019 11:20 AM
Jan 2019
Update the characters' (Hyakkimaru, Dororo and Kagemitsu) featured picture to the more recent ones because they look, like especially Hyakkimaru, characters from a children's show (e.g spongebob) which is dreadfully misleading.
Thanks.
Jan 7, 2019 4:17 PM

Feb 2015
I disagree.
Current picture is much closer to the manga design than the new design will ever be.
Jan 7, 2019 4:39 PM

Dec 2015
Aemnesias said:
I disagree.
Current picture is much closer to the manga design than the new design will ever be.

It's not about what you think looks better.
The anime page should show character pictures from the anime not the manga.
Jan 7, 2019 4:50 PM

Feb 2015
Bobby2Hands said:
Aemnesias said:
I disagree.

Well I can submit a picture from the old adaptation that'll look much better than the new adaptation(subjective but idc) and stay true to the original artstyle.
How does that sound?

Though I agree with OP that a colored picture like the one currently used has no business here, since the 69 anime is black and white.
Jan 7, 2019 5:08 PM
Jan 2019
Bobby2Hands said:
Aemnesias said:
I disagree.

Exactly...It doesn't show the anime's awesome, dark, eerie vibe
Jan 7, 2019 5:16 PM
Jan 2019
Aemnesias said:

Well I can submit a picture from the old adaptation that'll look much better than the new adaptation(subjective but idc) and stay true to the original artstyle.
How does that sound?

Though I agree with OP that a colored picture like the one currently used has no business here, since the 69 anime is black and white.

Nah...Most people would prefer the picture of him in the Blood-Red background cuz I know I do (>.0)
Jan 26, 2019 11:41 AM

Feb 2015
I have added few pictures for Hyakki from the new anime but they haven't been added yet so I guess we'll have to wait a bit either way.
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
Feb 11, 2019 10:43 PM

Nov 2015
No.
Those children designs are closer to Osamu Tezuka’s original designs from the manga. Why change them?
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Feb 12, 2019 2:06 AM
Jul 2018
Stop arguing which one looks better my god, just put the one from the current anime in because thats what the Dororo(2019) version is. Its just misleading to put characters in that dont look like the them. If I looked at these old character designs and would decide wether I watch it or not from them, I certainly wouldnt.
Feb 12, 2019 9:46 AM

Nov 2015
HisokaxMeruem said:
Stop arguing which one looks better my god, just put the one from the current anime in because thats what the Dororo(2019) version is. Its just misleading to put characters in that dont look like the them. If I looked at these old character designs and would decide wether I watch it or not from them, I certainly wouldnt.

It’s not misleading. The current photo is closer to osamu tezuka’s original design. The manga design
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Feb 12, 2019 9:58 AM

Sep 2017
WillyD14 said:
Update the characters' (Hyakkimaru, Dororo and Kagemitsu) featured picture to the more recent ones because they look, like especially Hyakkimaru, characters from a children's show (e.g spongebob) which is dreadfully misleading.
Thanks.

I agree
Feb 12, 2019 10:02 AM
Jul 2018
Old_School_Akira said:
HisokaxMeruem said:

It’s not misleading. The current photo is closer to osamu tezuka’s original design. The manga design

So we should replace all anime characters with the orginal design from the manga? good idea.
Feb 12, 2019 10:38 AM

Feb 2015
You're probably not familiar with Tezuka's works, are you? This is just how his characters look like. Also: Tezuka mangas receive (loose) adaptations every once in while, so should all characters have the picture from their newest anime? I think that's silly.
Feb 12, 2019 11:41 AM
Jul 2018
AshitaNoJonas said:
You're probably not familiar with Tezuka's works, are you? This is just how his characters look like. Also: Tezuka mangas receive (loose) adaptations every once in while, so should all characters have the picture from their newest anime? I think that's silly.
His anime adaptation from this season should have the current anime characters, not the old manga or anime characters. Thats silly.
Feb 12, 2019 1:10 PM

Nov 2015
HisokaxMeruem said:
AshitaNoJonas said:
His anime adaptation from this season should have the current anime characters, not the old manga or anime characters. Thats silly.

It’s not silly. It’s the canon art style. That is how it’s supposed to look like
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Feb 12, 2019 1:45 PM

Jan 2011
Do not forget that the Character entry is for both the anime database and manga database. The image right now reflects the appearance of Hyakkimaru for the majority of the works he is in. The current anime is the only one with a different design for Hyakkimaru. When 10 database entries have him as a specific design and 1 has him in a different design, majority wins.
Feb 12, 2019 2:59 PM
Feb 2012
this website doesn't have any consistency at all
the solution is for all entries to show pictures from whatever thing came first

the problem with this is most of them would end up being black and white manga crops and people probably want colourful pictures on their profile
Feb 12, 2019 3:16 PM

Jan 2011
ahneeme said:
this website doesn't have any consistency at all
the solution is for all entries to show pictures from whatever thing came first

the problem with this is most of them would end up being black and white manga crops and people probably want colourful pictures on their profile

Default Character pictures will always have a colored image if it is an available option. As sated by the stickied character guidelines.

Be it from manga covers or from an anime adaptation.
Mar 7, 2019 1:57 PM
Monke

Sep 2017
so, if the preferred default is to have original images from the manga, why have the default images of half (but not all) of the Jojo Part 5 cast been changed to their anime versions? For that matter, why aren't, like, all of the major shounens full of characters with pictures from the manga? Where's the consistency?
Mar 17, 2019 2:11 PM

May 2015
Can't we make two versions? The two Hyakkimaru are too different. You can't compare them. For me they are different characters. They modified the plot and the new Hyakkimaru came out a lot different than the original. He doesn't have that many bodyparts stolen by the demons like the first one and different kind of powers. For example the first one can use some sort of telepathy to communicate and this Hyakkimaru doesn't speak at all and is extremely emotionless. Would be better to have 2 different character profiles. This way it won't be any misleading. I understand that you don't do this for every remake but most of the reboots respect the character's personality. The personality is the most important aspect for a character. Those two have different personalities. So please consider making two versions.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2019 11:08 PM

Dec 2015
The test animation from the 60s is in colours and features Hyakkimaru.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Character & People DB - Recent Merges/Removals ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

kuroshiroi - Dec 6, 2009

1397 by Barbaduk »»
9 hours ago

» Norio Wakamoto did narration for Kyuuketsuki Sugu Shinu 2

ryu2k2 - Apr 21

0 by ryu2k2 »»
Apr 21, 6:17 AM

» Tatsunoko Production profile pic disappeared?

EdgyEcchiSenpai - Apr 17

1 by Jhiday »»
Apr 18, 1:45 AM

» Character Picture Move Request

SimpleXtra - Apr 17

0 by SimpleXtra »»
Apr 17, 3:39 AM

» Character Picture Change Request

queserasera - Apr 16

0 by queserasera »»
Apr 16, 1:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.