Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 5, 2019 9:55 PM
Aug 2018
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I want to start by saying that this manga was very enjoyable for me. Seeing the adventures of Dororo and Hyakkimaru was a great read.

Even though this manga is short, it has a lot of heart in it. I felt for the characters and wished to see more of them.

This conclusion felt kinda abrupt to me, although I still liked it. I give this series an 8/10.
Jan 13, 2019 1:37 PM

Nov 2017
Akoifish said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
I want to start by saying that this manga was very enjoyable for me. Seeing the adventures of Dororo and Hyakkimaru was a great read.

Even though this manga is short, it has a lot of heart in it. I felt for the characters and wished to see more of them.

This conclusion felt kinda abrupt to me, although I still liked it. I give this series an 8/10.

I expected a little more from the end as well, though the relationship between Hyakkimaru and Dororo was so well constructed and enjoyable that it genuinely felt bittersweet to see them part ways. As cartoony as the manga has been, Tezuka really nails the emotional moments.

Loved this, can't believe I didn't get around to it earlier!
Jan 13, 2019 5:12 PM
Aug 2018
RhenRhen said:
Akoifish said:

I expected a little more from the end as well, though the relationship between Hyakkimaru and Dororo was so well constructed and enjoyable that it genuinely felt bittersweet to see them part ways. As cartoony as the manga has been, Tezuka really nails the emotional moments.

Loved this, can't believe I didn't get around to it earlier!

I wish we got to see a fight between Hyakkimaru and his father or the final demon. I hope the anime makes the ending more satisfying.
Feb 6, 2019 4:29 AM
Feb 2019
Here is a little trivia about the originally planned ending of the manga;

"There was originally going to be a different ending, where Hyakkimaru finds out in order to get his final body part back, he would have to kill Dororo, but he finds himself unable to do it. It is unknown why this was scrapped, but it was later reworked into the conclusion of the PlayStation 2 game, Blood Will Tell."
Feb 22, 2019 5:51 PM

Mar 2017
^ That ^ would have been so much better. It seems like it just got axed.
Mar 25, 2020 11:16 AM

May 2015
Overall, this was an enjoyable read. The first half was great, but the second half started to lack in writing quality and there were a couple chapters that felt unnecessary. It picked back up the last couple chapters, but the ending felt so abrupt. Hyakkimaru doesn't even finish his mission and in the end, he just let's his father walk away. That felt a bit cheap. Hyakkimaru and Dororo splitting up felt unnecessary too because Hyakkimaru has tried to do this a few times and Dororo never allowed it, but this time it's ok? I wish they would have stayed together. If the manga had another 5 chapters to tie up everything, it would have been more satisfying. I give it a 7/10.
Jun 10, 2020 2:00 PM
May 2019
That was one rushed ending... On the other hand, I thoroughly enjoyed this one. Albeit, I felt it declined slightly at the second half--it was still decent enough.
Sep 7, 2022 4:27 AM

May 2017
I really really enjoyed this. Huge shame that clearly Tezuka ran out of ideas and/or ran out of motivation for it, because if it had kept going and had a proper, satisfying ending it'd be a full masterpiece. Still happy with what we got, and very excited to go through the whole franchise now - the 60s anime, the PS2 game, the 2019 anime and the still ongoing new manga.
Sep 30, 2022 9:59 PM

Aug 2021
worst piece of fiction ever written
Oct 13, 2022 1:52 AM

Aug 2017
Tezuka being told to cancel the series is surely wild, those editors were very bold :D Luckily he came back later.

I wish the series was a bit more diverse/less formulaic, but the themes and stories were good, and there're seeds of his future works there too (like the demon horse). The wandering monk reminded me of (Zato)ichi.

ananizkim said:
Here is a little trivia about the originally planned ending of the manga;

"There was originally going to be a different ending, where Hyakkimaru finds out in order to get his final body part back, he would have to kill Dororo, but he finds himself unable to do it. It is unknown why this was scrapped, but it was later reworked into the conclusion of the PlayStation 2 game, Blood Will Tell."

where did this info come from?
Apr 20, 2023 1:24 AM

May 2020
Comparing this with the 2019 anime, I enjoyed this a lot more, except for the ending which was way too abrupt. Still, kinda enjoyable.
Sep 1, 2023 1:50 PM
Oct 2019
i enjoyed the 2019 anime much more, and the anime had a better conclusion on top of that. 6.5/10
vipooSep 1, 2023 10:40 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dororo Chapter 8 Discussion

zomik - Mar 23, 2020

1 by Ochimusha »»
Mar 1, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Dororo Chapter 3 Discussion

zomik - Mar 22, 2020

1 by Ochimusha »»
Mar 1, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Dororo Chapter 14 Discussion

zomik - Mar 24, 2020

1 by kxlel02 »»
Sep 28, 2022 9:28 AM

Poll: » Dororo Chapter 13 Discussion

zomik - Mar 24, 2020

1 by kxlel02 »»
Sep 17, 2022 9:52 AM

Poll: » Dororo Chapter 18 Discussion

zomik - Mar 24, 2020

0 by zomik »»
Mar 24, 2020 10:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.