Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2018 12:38 PM

Sep 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
OK, so I already read this chapter in the manga and watched this in the live action, so I already understood where it was going beforehand. I mean, finally because I was wondering where in the novels this mystery came from, and I finally seem to have my answer.

I wonder why the volume is called "The Challenge Letter of Okitegami Kyouko" and I wonder how this mystery will tie into the next chapters of this volume, at least thematically. I heard that the chapters in this volume are mostly stand alone but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I also start to wonder how the chronology of all the volumes are and how Nisio will construct it. After all, after the first volume we at least expect Yaku to make a comeback, but that never happened from what we've seen, ok, but what about Mamoru? Last volume, he clearly became her bodyguard and is employed under her. Which either means something happened in between this volume and the last, that Mamoru (for some reason) declined her offer, or that this mystery was before that event.

I'm becoming suspicious of how Kyouko resets. From what I gather, there are two possibilities of the secret behind Okitegami Kyouko, the first possibility is that she is Okitegami Kyouko for a reason, taking the role willingly, or the second possibility is that she didn't take the role willingly, and was forced to be Okitegami Kyouko. It seems too fishy to me that she just takes for granted her situation every time she wakes up, that she automatically fills the role of detective by day like it is natural. Of course, if its Hanekawa, that could just mean she's going with the flow like she's actually known for doing, but it's exactly that assumption I think Nisio could work off of if he desired. The man is a troll after all, and especially since we all assume that Kyouko is Hanekawa. I'm saying that instead of (most likely) Hanekawa being forced into this situation by some unknown force, perhaps she has took it upon herself to do all of this (including the handicap) for a specific purpose. I really do think that Gaen Izuko is involved with this somehow-- and I'm also starting to think we are taking the name "Okitegami Kyouko" to literally mean the character. "Okitegami" means "a letter left behind" (implied to be from the deceased) and "Okitegami Detective Agency" is apparently just "Deceased Detective Agency". However, I think there might be an interpretation that "Okitegami" is the name, kanji or letter left behind; as in someone taking the role of Okitegami that someone held previously, and perhaps that goes in tandem with the name of the detective agency. Or perhaps it is also a hand me down from somebody deceased, and (assumedly) Hanekawa's actual purpose is to solve the mystery of the previous Okitegami Kyouko, and by doing so, assuming her role. Experience is something Kyouko lacks because she forgets every day, but what about the experience of losing a part of yourself every day? Perhaps Hanekawa is using her aberration to store her memories and reset it every time she sleeps, and Hanekawa never remembers anything that happens when she's the Sawari Neko, so perhaps it is merely a different application of how the Sawari Neko manifests within her. If Gaen is involved with this, then perhaps being Okitegami Kyouko is sort of a trial for Hanekawa-- perhaps, like this, Hanekawa is on the path to being the next Gaen-- someone who knows everything. Perhaps knowing everything, first comes with knowing nothing, and perhaps at one point, Gaen was also Okitegami Kyouko.

BUT THAT'S JUST A THEORY.

Wait, this was a chapter discussion? Um, I like Officer Hijori. If Yaku or Mamoru doesn't bang Kyouko by the end of this, then I hope Hijori does. Kujirai was a bro to the end. #respect

More topics from this board

» Such a shame no one is translating this.

K-Shuun - Mar 11, 2017

8 by Laionidas »»
Dec 3, 2018 6:20 AM

Poll: » Boukyaku Tantei Series Chapters 65-75 Discussion (Testimonial Chapter 3)

Draconix814 - Nov 9, 2018

10 by Draconix814 »»
Nov 22, 2018 1:32 PM

Poll: » Boukyaku Tantei Series Chapters 58-64 Discussion (Testimonial Chapter 2)

Draconix814 - Nov 6, 2018

0 by Draconix814 »»
Nov 6, 2018 6:00 PM

» A possible connection to Musubimonogatari [slight spoilers]

Draconix814 - Feb 4, 2018

13 by xFresh11 »»
Mar 29, 2018 1:19 PM

Poll: » Boukyaku Tantei Series Chapters 49-57 Discussion (Testimonial Chapter 1)

Draconix814 - Feb 24, 2018

0 by Draconix814 »»
Feb 24, 2018 10:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.