Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 30, 2018 9:15 PM

Jul 2011
12,886 dropped at the time of this post.
Nov 7, 2018 6:05 PM
Jul 2018
It has a slow start and a MAL article tagged this a a "miss" when it was only at episode 7.
It's a real shame that only few people really finished this hidden gem.
Nov 7, 2018 6:54 PM

Sep 2014
Because anime fans aren't used to finished series with a conclusive ending so they feel the need to drop before the end.

Or maybe because they don't like masterpiece.
Nov 7, 2018 11:01 PM
Dec 2016
Yeah it is a real shame it happened, but this show is one I watched weekly till the end and never regretted it. It is a show I would recommend to my friends.
Nov 8, 2018 2:10 AM
Nov 2015
Because it was paced poorly and all the characters were pretty unlikable. Also it was really bland to look at.
Nov 13, 2018 9:09 PM

Mar 2014
As someone that just finished episode 2, this show had one of the worst first episodes I've ever seen. Out of the 3 mainish characters we're introduced to, they were all extremely unlikable. Hell, this show will now be a lot better now
Nov 13, 2018 9:29 PM

Sep 2014
AnimeAdamOP said:
As someone that just finished episode 2, this show had one of the worst first episodes I've ever seen. Out of the 3 mainish characters we're introduced to, they were all extremely unlikable. Hell, this show will now be a lot better now

Are they really that unlikable on the first episode? The characters grew in me so much toward the end of the show I don't even remember how I initially felt about them. The show eventually actually explain why they are like that and it's truly well done. Think about how you would react if you had their superpower.
Nov 13, 2018 10:08 PM

Mar 2014
Hrybami said:
AnimeAdamOP said:

Are they really that unlikable on the first episode? The characters grew in me so much toward the end of the show I don't even remember how I initially felt about them. The show eventually actually explain why they are like that and it's truly well done. Think about how you would react if you had their superpower.

Ms. Reset in episode 1 is, as they discuss in both episode 1 and 2, is basically robotic. A boring one. It's like a worse Violet Evergarden and I didn't even like Violet that much at the beginning either.

Mr. Memory is Mr. I'm so righteous that I don't know I'm righteous."I'll get you to trust me and I'll be the first one." Ms. Reset then immediately trusts him after just one time helping.

Ms. Soma aka the Class Rep just tries to enter boring dialogue after boring dialogue. Like, can you literally interact in *any* other way than just these dumb "philosophical" dialogues.

Now obviously a lot of this anime is going to be about Ms. Reset's growth just like how Violet Evergarden was so I'll see where this goes.
Nov 14, 2018 6:06 AM

Sep 2014
AnimeAdamOP said:
Hrybami said:

Ms. Reset in episode 1 is, as they discuss in both episode 1 and 2, is basically robotic. A boring one. It's like a worse Violet Evergarden and I didn't even like Violet that much at the beginning either.

Mr. Memory is Mr. I'm so righteous that I don't know I'm righteous."I'll get you to trust me and I'll be the first one." Ms. Reset then immediately trusts him after just one time helping.

Ms. Soma aka the Class Rep just tries to enter boring dialogue after boring dialogue. Like, can you literally interact in *any* other way than just these dumb "philosophical" dialogues.

Now obviously a lot of this anime is going to be about Ms. Reset's growth just like how Violet Evergarden was so I'll see where this goes.

Ms. Reset is trapped in her own superpower since she knows she can reset, but never remember what happened and she doesn't even know if she had reset when she does. She resets when there's something bad happening so she's conscious that she's locked in her own superpower and that the bad thing happening is owe to repeat countless times. It's actually quite depressing when you think about it, so it explains why she's like that. Her only choice is to rely on Mr. Memory, and it's another unhealthy thing because she have no memory of what Mr. Memory is doing. He could always lie to her and it appears that he's the only one developing a relationship with her given that she cannot realize what's truly happening. But she had no other choice but to trust him. That's what makes her depressed like that.

Mr. Memory is different. Unlike Ms. Reset, he's not depressed, he actually have suppressed his emotions. He has the ability to remember everything, so it makes the process of thinking instantly for him. The consequence of his superpower is that he can understand everything that's happening around him and that he knows instantly what to do in any given situation. Therefore it makes him the most intelligent anime character in existence and when you're the most intelligent, emotions have no purpose.

Ms. Soma is a spoiler, she's a lot more complex than what she appeared in the beginning.

But Mr. Memory and Ms. Reset, despite not showing many emotions, actually have feeling inside them. It's just that the way they are living with their superpower make them difficult to have an ordinary conversation, a simple and ordinary reaction or showing emotions. But of course, they will develop and the anime will eventually make everything clearer as they develop. Nothing is really there for no purpose. Everything in the anime eventually get explained and by the end, everything make perfect sense.

About the "dumb philosophical", the anime is full of them, but it's actually not the focus of the show. It's just substance over the plot and it gives things for the viewer to think about. Although you don't need to mind them for actually understanding the anime, the anime doesn't actually explicitly explain everything either. It's up to the viewer to actually think and deduce things with the hints the anime presented. It's not exactly deep, but it requires you a minimum of concentration and the philosophical things are just extra substance that the viewers can deal with if they wants.

The difference about Sakurada Reset and Violet Evergarden is that the characters in the former actually understand emotions, those are mostly suppressed because of their super power. And they don't "growth" by understanding emotions or feeling. They develop differently than Violet as it's the viewer that come to actually understand how they are feeling. The last episode especially is so much rewarding regarding this aspect.
Nov 23, 2018 4:05 PM

Oct 2010
To be honest, the anime is boring, the atmosphere surrounding
the characters is boring and they talk robo language. We don't even have
some cool songs.
I like it a lot, gave it a 9 but I can understand the drop rate (now it's 13,000)
Oka Eri is best girl.
Nov 29, 2018 8:47 AM

May 2015
It was kind of boring. At the time it aired I missed several weeks and then I wasn't all that eager to catch up to a bunch of episodes when I didn't really care about what would happen.
Picking it up again though, cause a lot of people said it's great and I didn't hate it, so maybe it is worth watching after all.

And looking at it now I find the structure of episodes and overall theme to be a bit similar to Bunny-girl senpai that airs now, but the reception is so drastically different, it is actually funny. Especially considering Bunny-girl is also known for having monotone-like dialogues and emotionless characters.
Dec 1, 2018 10:20 AM

Sep 2014
Ten said:
It was kind of boring. At the time it aired I missed several weeks and then I wasn't all that eager to catch up to a bunch of episodes when I didn't really care about what would happen.
Picking it up again though, cause a lot of people said it's great and I didn't hate it, so maybe it is worth watching after all.

And looking at it now I find the structure of episodes and overall theme to be a bit similar to Bunny-girl senpai that airs now, but the reception is so drastically different, it is actually funny. Especially considering Bunny-girl is also known for having monotone-like dialogues and emotionless characters.

Well bunny girl senpai is extremely shallow and contain an edgy MC so of course it's going to get popular.
Dec 3, 2018 4:51 AM
Feb 2017
Well I have to admit Butayarou is more interesting that Sakurada Reset.

So I give Butayarou a 9 and Sakurada a 8.
Dec 3, 2018 6:00 AM

Sep 2014
Anchelok said:

Tbh Butayarou was intresting in the first few episodes. Now it is becoming into a generic school life with the nice guy helping cute girls because of some unexplicable events happening to her. Truly dissapointing and overrated. I can't see what's so interesting about it, but whatever.
Dec 4, 2018 6:31 AM
Feb 2017
Hrybami said:
Anchelok said:

Tbh Butayarou was intresting in the first few episodes. Now it is becoming into a generic school life with the nice guy helping cute girls because of some unexplicable events happening to her. Truly dissapointing and overrated. I can't see what's so interesting about it, but whatever.

Well, first impressions are very important indeed. Even though the recent episodes have decreasing quality, people are affected by the first few episodes and still think the show is great as before (so do I).
AnchelokDec 4, 2018 6:34 AM
Dec 4, 2018 6:36 AM

Feb 2018
I gave it a try when it aired, but it was freaking slow at the beginning and I dropped it.
Then I decided to give it another try and I watched the entire anime. Gave a 7 though

Dec 4, 2018 6:45 AM

Nov 2015
I'm someone who dropped it because of the bad graphics thinking the story will be bad
didn't even add the anime to my list so I'm one of those who dropped without being in the number of droppers
Dec 6, 2018 3:03 AM
Feb 2017
Everything starts to get clear at episode 10. However, this is too long so people were not patient to wait.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2017

44 by Rob7 »»
Mar 28, 2:58 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2017

63 by Rob7 »»
Mar 27, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2017

59 by StateofOhayo »»
Mar 26, 1:30 AM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2017

77 by StateofOhayo »»
Mar 22, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

116 by Bortolo63 »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.