Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 27, 2018 8:02 AM

Feb 2015
Most of what I've watched came from recommendations, either by friends, or from people on the forum.

Taylor_Mk said:
Speaking of which, TTGL or HxH?

TTGL, easily. But I guess it would depend on what you're looking for. They're so different, you can't really compare them. But short summary and my opinion on both:

TTGL: A story about hope, inspiration and dreams with ever-escalating conflict that spirals into utter ridiculousness (in a good way) near the end. It has a lot of familiar concepts, but at the same time is very unique as well. I'd suggest to at least watch up to episode 7 (for important story reasons that contain major spoilers) if you're not convinced yet early on.
HxH: Dropped this in the 30's, so can't summarise the overall story, but it starts with basically a bunch of different characters going through exams to get their adventurer license. Follows your average battle shounen formulae with a tournament arc later on, but exchanging flashy combat for more tactical fighting (be prepared for lots of explanations).
MilenninOct 27, 2018 8:10 AM
Oct 27, 2018 11:33 AM

Nov 2007
No, mainly because I have so many animes to watch that I don't need any new recommendation.
I think that even if I didn't had so many animes in my PTW, I didn't ask from people recommendations because MAL doing a great job being a friendly site with good search engine

Oct 27, 2018 11:37 AM

Sep 2011
I do ask for recommendations from time to time but of course I'm very specific on what I'm trying to look for. That "Recommend me some good anime. :)" is, as you said, just weird because everyone has different taste.

Oct 27, 2018 11:54 AM

Oct 2015
i never do, if there is anime i liked then i'll just look up similar anime to it.
or if i wanted to watch a psychological anime then i would look up psychological anime.
the same applies to manga.
⠀     ‧     ⠀
Oct 27, 2018 12:36 PM
Feb 2014
I do ask sometimes but i mostly get reccs for anime that don't interest me. x_x
My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Oct 27, 2018 4:01 PM

Apr 2014
yeah i used the rec boards a couple of times.
Oct 27, 2018 4:43 PM

Apr 2014
Asking people you know for a while or who have similar tastes is ok if you really are not motivated to search for something yourself since the probability to get recommended a show you'll like is high. Asking random strangers feels weird especially when you are not narrowing your search at all (eg: asking for something good, exciting, that will make you cry...) because you'll just get a million of different answers for obvious reasons.

I rarely ask for recs myself since I love to browse the database for something new I never heard before. I'm also very self-confident in my taste so I know better than anyone else what I might and might not like so getting recommendations is not something I seek out. It doesn't mean I can't appreciate if someone does try to direct my attention to a specific show though.
Oct 27, 2018 11:17 PM
Bad Opinions

Feb 2014
Generally, I only ask a few people for recommendations. These people are generally people I know in real life and who understand my tastes or I just find stuff myself.
Oct 27, 2018 11:58 PM

Sep 2018
i would if my plan to watch list wasn’t so fuckin big (to me at least)
i’ll be busy for awhile mate i don’t really need em

however i have asked for manga recs because i tend to finish those faster and have a smaller plan to read list compared to my plan to watch. i have a harder time finding manga so i like hearing other peoples thoughts on what they like
Oct 28, 2018 12:30 AM
Jul 2018
Nah, I always choose myself what to watch because I don't care about people's taste
Oct 28, 2018 11:42 AM

Jun 2014
Not often, and I rarely ask for them, but I am still open to people who want to suggest me anime to watch.

I prefer to read reviews, although I might have to change this as I might be missing out on some hidden gems with ratings like 6 or lower. If reviews seem more positive than negative overall, I will probably give the anime a shot.

I also visit other user profiles and if I see any anime in their lists on as favorites that sound interesting, I add it.
Oct 28, 2018 1:34 PM

Aug 2018
No, not online anyway. I don't really have any trouble finding titles i might be interested in. But i do sometimes check out the recommendation forum just to find the more obscure ones
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Don't you find the obsession with fictional characters in the anime community alarming? ( 1 2 )

tappioca - 9 hours ago

61 by velvetnyan »»
2 minutes ago

» mal/Confessions

NoelleIsSleepy - 4 minutes ago

0 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
4 minutes ago

» Spoiled by the algorithm

zaako - May 8

19 by Xenofight »»
5 minutes ago

» Anime you’ve been with for a while

Yonahim_Zz - May 8

36 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
6 minutes ago

» Do you take screenshots of Anime

ST63LTH - May 5

49 by Zedlin »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.