Forums
Goblin Slayer (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 15, 2018 9:21 PM

May 2018
OneManMob said:
Because it has no redeeming qualities and is straight up generic. But normies and thirsty teens keep praising it because its "dark fantasy", when the only thing dark about it is the fact that GS somehow made it to top 900

Example of “hater tears you can drink”
Oct 15, 2018 10:09 PM
Jul 2016
Does liking something like that makes you one or potentially one? I'm not defending anyone here.

I know a man who likes those scenes whether anime or not but he is a slave to his wife (not literally) but his wife is the boss between them.

While I myself likes murder and gore in many anime (actually only anime) does it make me a murderer or a potential one?I can't even stand those people breaking their legs in sports or being caught in a fatal accident.

Your thinking in fiction doesn't always apply in reality.
Oct 16, 2018 4:44 AM

Feb 2017
Lord_Of_Denial said:
Ivoria said:

>admitting that you jack off to rape that's even more violent
You're really not helping yourself. I don't want to continue arguing with some degenerate who likes rape (and might very well be a rapist in the future), especially since it's clear we aren't getting anywhere, so let's end it here.
You just showed that you are an assumptuous prick. When did I admit that I like more violent rape? The rape scene is there for entertaining the viewers and the author himself said that. Do you even know what a fetish is xD?
But nevermind, yeah lets end it here. There's no point arguing with a feminazi, as expected. Its not like you gave any proper arguments to me either. All this time you've just been spewing insults like a dumbass. Lmao

Yeah, I'm not wasting my time on someone who unironically says "xD" and is presumably over the age of 12, so bye, love.

"ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴡᴇʀᴇ sᴇᴇɴ ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ɪɴsᴀɴᴇ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴜsɪᴄ."

Oct 16, 2018 4:45 AM

Feb 2017
TheMAM said:
Ivoria said:

So you like rape. You're literally just admitting that you enjoy rape.

I hate this show too but shut up. Your "so you like rape" argument is what's killing the integrity of legitimate criticisms of this show.

As if it's not a valid criticism? It's tasteless and disgusting, and how anyone could actually enjoy it is beyond me.

"ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴡᴇʀᴇ sᴇᴇɴ ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ɪɴsᴀɴᴇ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴜsɪᴄ."

Oct 16, 2018 4:52 AM

May 2013
Wait, why has this turned into a discussion of fetishes? Are people incapable of distinguishing the line between fictional 2D depictions and the real world?

at OP, you aren't enjoying it because this show is not for you. As simple as that. No one can tell you what you are going to enjoy or not enjoy.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Oct 16, 2018 4:55 AM

Jul 2016
Cause life sucks that way :3
Oct 16, 2018 4:55 AM

Feb 2017
Blue_Reaper said:
Ivoria said:

That's another thing, and also why I put the words dark and gruesome in apostrophes; the story tries to come across as those things, but it's really just watered-down hentai. In any case, there's still a clear difference in that here, it's at least somewhat attempting to be serious, while hentai doesn't.

lolnope.
the purpose of the rape in episode one is not to show the anime was dark, it's just a plot point to justify that goblins are terrible creature that needs to be exterminated. The thing that was dark in this anime is, they showed explicit content, and there is no bullshit nakama power up like in shonen anime.
why do you call hentai isn't created seriously? some hentai is even more serious in terms of writing than goblin rape in episode one.
as a media of entertainment, sure every aspect and elements of this show is made to entertain people, but it's not for everyone, that is why people don't talk about their fetish openly.

Yeah, and it destroys any potential the show had to be good. Making the villains "ooga booga gross violent rapists who have no redeemable qualities" is lazy fuck-off writing, the same exact writing that SAO uses in not one, but two of its arcs. And then apparently they try to make the philosophical argument of "is killing baby goblins okay?" when they've already written goblins as inherently violent creatures? Nah. The rape is an unnecessary element of shitty writing, and that's all it is.

Oct 16, 2018 5:35 AM
Oct 2017
Well according to the plot, human females are their only means of reproduction so there's no alternate to rape for their existence unless... you know... some women consent. So like it or not rape is definitely important for the story.

OP i read the manga after ep 1 was released and i think watching goblin slayer do his job and his interactions with the side characters are the primary fun-inducing parts of the story. It's kinda like berserk after the golden age arc. I haven't watched ep 2 yet so i don't know but maybe the adaptation's a bit worse compared to the manga? Or maybe it's just not your cup of tea.
Oct 16, 2018 6:43 AM

Sep 2016
Ivoria said:

Yeah, I'm not wasting my time on someone who unironically says "xD" and is presumably over the age of 12, so bye, love.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
You're just further proving my point.
NothinComplexPlsOct 16, 2018 11:59 AM
Oct 16, 2018 7:05 AM

May 2018
Ivoria said:
Blue_Reaper said:

lolnope.
the purpose of the rape in episode one is not to show the anime was dark, it's just a plot point to justify that goblins are terrible creature that needs to be exterminated. The thing that was dark in this anime is, they showed explicit content, and there is no bullshit nakama power up like in shonen anime.
why do you call hentai isn't created seriously? some hentai is even more serious in terms of writing than goblin rape in episode one.
as a media of entertainment, sure every aspect and elements of this show is made to entertain people, but it's not for everyone, that is why people don't talk about their fetish openly.

Yeah, and it destroys any potential the show had to be good. Making the villains "ooga booga gross violent rapists who have no redeemable qualities" is lazy fuck-off writing, the same exact writing that SAO uses in not one, but two of its arcs. And then apparently they try to make the philosophical argument of "is killing baby goblins okay?" when they've already written goblins as inherently violent creatures? Nah. The rape is an unnecessary element of shitty writing, and that's all it is.

lol how do you know it's a lazy writing if you didn't watch the show till the end?
this anime is probably one of the most judged anime ever from only one episode.
Berserk used this kind of enemy from chapter one and this manga got rated 9.31 by MAL community. Goblins are the weakest monster with child level intelligence that has no higher motive in life other than surviving, why do it needs a complex characterization?
I didn't perceive the baby killing part as philosophical at all, its just showing that the protagonist is a hardened veteran who know how to do his job, and the Priestess is truly a 15 y/o rookie who only lives in the bright side of life.
If you think rape is a form of shitty writing, then Berserk doesn't deserve the 9.31 score since rape in Berserk is far more hideous and explicit than Goblin Slayer. Maybe you just don't like rape and then you forced your ideals to others?
Oct 16, 2018 7:12 AM
Oct 2015
I liked the anime adaptation from manga, but of course I didn`t expect they animated the rape scene.

Its not like we wanted but I guess they did it.
Oct 16, 2018 7:32 AM

Oct 2010
I didn't read the manga or any other publications if there is one; i feel overall the concept of the plot is... thought-provoking.

I heard 'whoa ep1 was scary' and that piqued my interest to know how scary it was. There was a moment of uneasiness (rape part including the killing of gobkids), but it felt like it's going to be one of the unique series available. Anyway there are rape elements in other popular anime series and I don't see why some are getting worked up on this but not on other series. Pardon my ignorance.

Is it because the rapist(s) is/are not human? Never mind I don't want to know.

So some people aren't fine with ep1, I don't feel comfortable looking at it, but I still feel the storyline to be interesting, and even checked out the wikia (oops).

I stopped reading comments after page 1.

PS: Who says anime are for kids only?
Oct 16, 2018 1:27 PM
Aug 2017
Helios92 said:
CAN PEOPLE JUST ENJOY THE DAMN SHOW WITH OUT ANY COMPLANES

No, we're anime "fans", complaining is our game (except when it comes to old school anime, probably)
WILL YOU STOP WHINING!?
No I don't understand! You snap at people, you're scary, you tried to eat me, but you're also kind and you're filled with life!
You gave me a name when I was a number, you gave me that compass, you taught me what it means to be alive!
That's why I care about you Velvet! I'll protect you for my own sake. I don't care if you're malevolent, or if it was pointless! If it's a mistake to love you, then I"ll fight the whole world! A world without you, Velvet, is the one thing I couldn't bear!
Eat my arm, just leave me the other one! I need it to clobber the jerk who made my Velvet cry!
-Laphicet, Tales of Berseria

Oct 16, 2018 1:45 PM
Mar 2018
OneManMob said:
Because it has no redeeming qualities and is straight up generic. But normies and thirsty teens keep praising it because its "dark fantasy", when the only thing dark about it is the fact that GS somehow made it to top 900

Yeah, it's like back then when moms were drooling over JB and every "saint" lost it over the lewd and rude 50 shades of fanfiction.
But, yeah there's nothing more to it than just stuff that makes the majority, go "oh no the rape" and "oh no the humanity" and that's it. If you comapre it's core or the similarites of this and The Evil Dead, which also has rape, torture and gore, but over all it plays it out hilarious, sometimes funny and not so serious. But that's only working if your writers are actually fresh and not do the "Attention 101 for anime"-scheme...
Oct 16, 2018 2:10 PM

Aug 2016
Ivoria said:
TheMAM said:

I hate this show too but shut up. Your "so you like rape" argument is what's killing the integrity of legitimate criticisms of this show.

As if it's not a valid criticism? It's tasteless and disgusting, and how anyone could actually enjoy it is beyond me.

1) The depiction of rape in a series where the characters were clearly not enjoying the act of being rape is obviously supposed to illicit an emotional sense of discomfort because there is no such thing as a tasteful inoffensive act of rape. It's like you think the series of drawings attached to a female character was an actual person being raped or something.

2) If they did try to make an inoffensive tasteful act of rape, that would certainly be even more offensive considering how misrepresentative that is to how it is in real life

3) BDSM role play between two consenting adults is most certainly not an act of rape

4) I'm almost positive had the series been directed by anyone who knew how to storyboard/animate a fight scene in any other way besides lifting panels directly off of the manga there would be less people complaining about the rape in question. Kara no Kyoukai (extremely graphic) Berserk, Ninja Scroll etc. It's just that it has the aesthetics of most seasonal anime and THEN it included a rape scene is what got many people pissed.

I honestly think had this been directed by someone like Takeshi Koike or Tetsuro Araki, or Yoshiaki Kawajiri (or anyone with style) it would have been even more hyper violent, more gratuitous, well choreographed and would have a character design that would fit the kind of story it was trying to tell. And although the people unable to tell rape in fiction from rape in real life would still be offended, everyone else just wanting to see The Punisher in Record of Lodoss War would be putting this on their favorite...

Unfortunately we didn't get any of that.
Oct 16, 2018 2:59 PM

Mar 2012
It might come as a shock to you but not everyone likes the same things! I find all sports boring even though they are a million times more popular than any anime will ever be but you don’t see me going in a football forum and complain that I find it boring.
Oct 16, 2018 6:44 PM

Feb 2016
Boring people get bored easily
Oct 17, 2018 2:42 PM

Jul 2017
Ivoria said:
TheMAM said:

It's just I can't even respond to this without any sense of disbelief. It's like saying The Shawshank Redemption or Pulp Fiction are bad movies cause there's rape in them. Like what?
It's not that rape has no place in entertainment media, it's the way rape is used, just like how you use violence, slapstick, etc. Honestly, you can criticize a show any way you want but you have no place to say hurtful sh*t like that to people who enjoy a show with rape in it.
Oct 17, 2018 2:56 PM

Jul 2017
either because 1 u honestly just dont like it and its fine so and their is no reason to make this forum, 2. u wanna hop a bandwagon so you choose the "side" to hate it. idk something being good is all relative anyways it doesnt matter. Its either u dont like it or u do like it.

Side note from now one for any anime i have heard good things about and didnt like it ima make a forum post on it and state it.
Oct 17, 2018 3:49 PM
Oct 2018
Blue_Reaper said:
OneManMob said:

Not hating it, its just bad, and a miracle its so high rated
Oct 17, 2018 4:13 PM
Oct 2018
DonTrumpolino said:
OneManMob said:

Yeah, it's like back then when moms were drooling over JB and every "saint" lost it over the lewd and rude 50 shades of fanfiction.
But, yeah there's nothing more to it than just stuff that makes the majority, go "oh no the rape" and "oh no the humanity" and that's it. If you comapre it's core or the similarites of this and The Evil Dead, which also has rape, torture and gore, but over all it plays it out hilarious, sometimes funny and not so serious. But that's only working if your writers are actually fresh and not do the "Attention 101 for anime"-scheme...

Yep, I'm of the opinion that if you can use heavy themes such as gore and rape to evoke a feeling out of the viewer and fit into the narrative, you sure as hell should, but need to be aware of the consequences. By consequences I dont mean controversy, I mean living up to the themes you drag into your work, if you use rape, you'll set the bar high in order to justify it. Sometimes it works (Berserk), sometimes it flops, GS is a big flop on using heavy themes; not because its too graphic or anything, but because it wastes them on worldbuilding.
Oct 17, 2018 4:40 PM
Mar 2018
OneManMob said:

Yep, I'm of the opinion that if you can use heavy themes such as gore and rape to evoke a feeling out of the viewer and fit into the narrative, you sure as hell should, but need to be aware of the consequences. By consequences I dont mean controversy, I mean living up to the themes you drag into your work, if you use rape, you'll set the bar high in order to justify it. Sometimes it works (Berserk), sometimes it flops, GS is a big flop on using heavy themes; not because its too graphic or anything, but because it wastes them on worldbuilding.

Well, it would've worked if the setting was right. Even on a first episode. But again the tone and setting must've been better. Like Hellsing has the right world where you use a rape scene to show how rotten the world is, then let the hero or anti-hero solve give salvation of that and everythings fine in it's own way. Yet Hellsing kept it's gloomy dark world and true to the theme. Here you have those cutesy almost Moe characters getting mauled like it's the Hills Have Eyes meets the Teletubbies and that just feels wrong. It's like Konosuba but blind person coloured in the tone. Plus there is the current problem of the other overhyped anime running, where ghoblins are those jolly child like wood tribes and you don't know where to root for...
Oct 17, 2018 5:01 PM

May 2014
Did you create a new account just to post this? What you gotta hide?
Oct 17, 2018 5:37 PM
Oct 2018
DonTrumpolino said:
OneManMob said:

Well, it would've worked if the setting was right. Even on a first episode. But again the tone and setting must've been better. Like Hellsing has the right world where you use a rape scene to show how rotten the world is, then let the hero or anti-hero solve give salvation of that and everythings fine in it's own way. Yet Hellsing kept it's gloomy dark world and true to the theme. Here you have those cutesy almost Moe characters getting mauled like it's the Hills Have Eyes meets the Teletubbies and that just feels wrong. It's like Konosuba but blind person coloured in the tone. Plus there is the current problem of the other overhyped anime running, where ghoblins are those jolly child like wood tribes and you don't know where to root for...

Wait what? Im atta' the loop, what anime has fucking *goblins* as something cute
Oct 17, 2018 6:06 PM
Jun 2011
I think we can learn, Doing something without preparation and knowing the field or what you will face is bad Idea. About Goblin, i think Kumo Yagyu setting the goblin is pure evil being, they just think eat, fullfil sexual desire, and breeding, All goblins in GS are male, they breeding with all female creature and become goblin child. In 2nd Episode we can see Goblin burn a adventure alive, raping the adventure, make adventure become archering target (in Manga), it because goblins take revenge what adventure doing to goblins, and goblins do the same to the adventure who kill their ally. So i think brutallity and distubring content on GS is reasonable, and it's okay. ( Sorry for my bad english )
Oct 17, 2018 8:51 PM

May 2018
OneManMob said:
Blue_Reaper said:

>insulting the series and rant about the score it’s got
>refuse to ackowledge that you hate it
>cry moar
Oct 18, 2018 1:45 AM
Mar 2018
OneManMob said:

Wait what? Im atta' the loop, what anime has fucking *goblins* as something cute

Well, the Slime anime. The goblins are at least somewhat likeable...
Oct 18, 2018 2:42 PM
Oct 2018
Blue_Reaper said:
OneManMob said:

>cry moar

Lmao, just how can you be this delusional, I said it as a joke, because its rare for bad anime to score so high. Its not insult, its criticism.

If you think different opinions=hate, you really should go back to preschool, kiddo.
Oct 18, 2018 4:58 PM

Jan 2014
Pretty sure it's because White Fox's animators all went on vacation the past year and been hiring high school kids to animate their animes. The really average animation of the fight scenes is easily the worst thing about Goblin Slayer.
Oct 18, 2018 8:49 PM

May 2018
OneManMob said:
Blue_Reaper said:

>cry moar

Lmao, just how can you be this delusional, I said it as a joke, because its rare for bad anime to score so high. Its not insult, its criticism.

If you think different opinions=hate, you really should go back to preschool, kiddo.

>saying your opinions are joke
>insist that your opinions is a critics that should be taken seriously
>insult me as being delusional kiddo
>LMAO cry me a river
Oct 19, 2018 8:08 AM
Oct 2018
Blue_Reaper said:
OneManMob said:

>LMAO cry me a river

You're completely missing the point of what I said. The joke was "the only thing dark about it is it somehow made it to top 900". My opinions were said seriously, the joke wasn't.

You're being delusional and childish. Its not an insult, truth just hurts.
Oct 19, 2018 7:27 PM
Oct 2018
Vongalaxy said:
Pretty sure it's because White Fox's animators all went on vacation the past year and been hiring high school kids to animate their animes. The really average animation of the fight scenes is easily the worst thing about Goblin Slayer.
It really doesn't do any favors and i doubt it's gonna get any better.
Oct 19, 2018 11:06 PM

May 2018
OneManMob said:
Blue_Reaper said:

>LMAO cry me a river

You're completely missing the point of what I said. The joke was "the only thing dark about it is it somehow made it to top 900". My opinions were said seriously, the joke wasn't.

You're being delusional and childish. Its not an insult, truth just hurts.

nah, it's just your opinion
media of art is not something you can judge objectively

the fact that you keep insisting your ideal to others is the proof that you're the one who acts childish, that's the truth.
Oct 19, 2018 11:12 PM

Feb 2009
razlaz said:
Look, man. I get how someone can beat meat looking at +monster +group doujins, i get that seeing goblins getting eviscerated is a thing that is enjoyable and i went into this anime in that mindset.

So...
Why am i not enjoying this as much as i'm told i will?
I'm really not interested in anything that happens, does anyone else feel the same way?

Because today's entertainment indoctrinates you to feel the need to seek suspense in all the media you consume and become addicted to adrenaline. Then, when a slow-paced story that is supposed to be action-adventure doesn't shows you a quick and "adrenalinic" way of presenting the story, you do not get the reward in adrenalin that your body demands when the cliffhanger never showsup

Or, at least that's what I get from viewers who did not get scared by the "rape" scene, but still did not like this story, and I think it's your case.

Look, even if the source materials are full of pretty well written / sketched fight scenes, the story developed at a slow and somewhat introspective pace.

If you was excpecting Shingeki no Kyojin, because this has blood, you're clearly on the wrong side. This is a much, much smaller story, about a guy with PTSD, who is not dealing well with that, and his endless crusade against the goblins. And also about the people who care about him, and are trying to get him out of his never-resting armor (figuratively and literally speaking)

That's it, this is not a fucking war against giant monstrosities / demons / aliens / apocalyptic / lovecraftian dark gods, for the good of humanity. It's just about one guy that kills the weakest, yet underestimated creatures in his world. You know, the tittle tell you exactly that since the begining.
Oct 19, 2018 11:32 PM

Feb 2009
OneManMob said:

Yes? How about this. I'm interested in the man beneath the helmet, about the relationship that a man with a never-resting armor and an endless crusade could make. About the depth that the author could reach when the characters doesn't even have a name. And you know what? Between Goblin Salyer, and the much better Goblin Salyer: Year One, I'm getting exactly that.It's a slow-paced story.

I'm really sure that the author is not fucused in the dark fantasy or blood-filled elements of his story, but in the characters, all of them, even the incidental ones. Those who mock the quirky guy who take too serious the weakest creatures in their world, the people in remote small villages that live in terror because of them, and all the other characters, even the goblins get POV some times. Actually, that's the interesting point in this story. You could replace the goblins with wolfs, bandits, or other more real elements, and the story would still work. Because the focus point is the guy with PTSD and the people around him that are making small changes in his life.

Oct 20, 2018 4:46 AM
Oct 2018
monolith said:
OneManMob said:

Yes? How about this. I'm interested in the man beneath the helmet, about the relationship that a man with a never-resting armor and an endless crusade could make. About the depth that the author could reach when the characters doesn't even have a name. And you know what? Between Goblin Salyer, and the much better Goblin Salyer: Year One, I'm getting exactly that.It's a slow-paced story.

I'm really sure that the author is not fucused in the dark fantasy or blood-filled elements of his story, but in the characters, all of them, even the incidental ones. Those who mock the quirky guy who take too serious the weakest creatures in their world, the people in remote small villages that live in terror because of them, and all the other characters, even the goblins get POV some times. Actually, that's the interesting point in this story. You could replace the goblins with wolfs, bandits, or other more real elements, and the story would still work. Because the focus point is the guy with PTSD and the people around him that are making small changes in his life.

If the story was written as well as you put it, I'd love it. The problem is Goblin Slayer is poorly written.

I get that disposable characters are present everywhere, but White Fox managed to use that resource to its worst. I don't have anything against the usage of resources like gore, they're a great way to evoke emotion from the viewer, but all it acomplished was raising expectations on the level of writing we'd get, and so far it hasnt delivered.

Another problem with Goblin Slayer is that it is just incredibly generic, the Slayer himself sounds like someone wanted to make the Doom Slayer in dnd, but demons are too hard to hunt, so they replaced demons with goblins and gave him some more lines. The setting manages to be extremely boring, an empty world and even emptier character designs. Really now, if you showed me a picture of any character other than Goblins and the Slayer himself, and said that they are an RPGMaker asset, I'd believe you, thats how generic everyone looks.

One thing Goblin Slayer has going for it is potential tho, because the few things it got right (Character motivations and villains), it set a really good pace for the series to keep up, and I hope it stops being generic and follows through with what it can do.
Oct 20, 2018 6:13 AM

Feb 2017
TheMAM said:
Ivoria said:

It's just I can't even respond to this without any sense of disbelief. It's like saying The Shawshank Redemption or Pulp Fiction are bad movies cause there's rape in them. Like what?
It's not that rape has no place in entertainment media, it's the way rape is used, just like how you use violence, slapstick, etc. Honestly, you can criticize a show any way you want but you have no place to say hurtful sh*t like that to people who enjoy a show with rape in it.

I'm not saying you can't enjoy a show with rape in it. I love Game of Thrones, and there's several rape scenes in it (although they're nowhere near as graphic as here). I'm saying that it's wrong to enjoy a show because it has rape in it. As in, the reason for enjoying it is solely the rape.
But this argument has just been exhausted tbh so I'm gonna retire this here.

Oct 20, 2018 7:38 AM

May 2018
OneManMob said:
monolith said:

If the story was written as well as you put it, I'd love it. The problem is Goblin Slayer is poorly written.

I get that disposable characters are present everywhere, but White Fox managed to use that resource to its worst. I don't have anything against the usage of resources like gore, they're a great way to evoke emotion from the viewer, but all it acomplished was raising expectations on the level of writing we'd get, and so far it hasnt delivered.

Another problem with Goblin Slayer is that it is just incredibly generic, the Slayer himself sounds like someone wanted to make the Doom Slayer in dnd, but demons are too hard to hunt, so they replaced demons with goblins and gave him some more lines. The setting manages to be extremely boring, an empty world and even emptier character designs. Really now, if you showed me a picture of any character other than Goblins and the Slayer himself, and said that they are an RPGMaker asset, I'd believe you, thats how generic everyone looks.

One thing Goblin Slayer has going for it is potential tho, because the few things it got right (Character motivations and villains), it set a really good pace for the series to keep up, and I hope it stops being generic and follows through with what it can do.

lol just the drop the anime then, they will show this guy as an incarnation of doomguy and macgyver.

why is people consider being generic is bad? there are people that just want to see this guy killing those small bastards. Long time ago i've gone to other forum where people praise the manga and start a discussion about possible world building in this anime, and you know what happened? they dissed me because GS didn't need that shit, all these people want to see is a badass guy kicking goblin's ass.
Oct 20, 2018 8:00 AM
Oct 2018
Blue_Reaper said:
OneManMob said:

lol just the drop the anime then, they will show this guy as an incarnation of doomguy and macgyver.

why is people consider being generic is bad? there are people that just want to see this guy killing those small bastards. Long time ago i've gone to other forum where people praise the manga and start a discussion about possible world building in this anime, and you know what happened? they dissed me because GS didn't need that shit, all these people want to see is a badass guy kicking goblin's ass.

Because mediocrity is the death of creativity. I wont drop GS because i expect the studio not utterly fuck it all up, and because I feel the need to have watched at least three episodes before reviewing it fully.

If you ever see someone thinking that its good for GS to have 0 setting development and creative thought put into it, they're either horny teenagers who got hooked because "muh offensive ep 1", or just plain retarded.

And again, if you just want to see a fight corridor of the MC kicking ass, there's numerous pieces out there for it. Alternatively you could buy doom or mod Oblivion and you'd get an even more interactive experience.
Oct 20, 2018 8:46 AM

Apr 2018
Why did you even ask? Are you didnt even know why you got bored by this show? and then ask for answer to other people? Lol.
The answer is simple, if you bored, then this anime is bad for you, and you probably didnt like it. So simple, right?

And if people like this show, and then its not your problem, bc people has different taste.
Oct 20, 2018 8:59 AM

May 2018
OneManMob said:
Blue_Reaper said:

Because mediocrity is the death of creativity. I wont drop GS because i expect the studio not utterly fuck it all up, and because I feel the need to have watched at least three episodes before reviewing it fully.

If you ever see someone thinking that its good for GS to have 0 setting development and creative thought put into it, they're either horny teenagers who got hooked because "muh offensive ep 1", or just plain retarded.

And again, if you just want to see a fight corridor of the MC kicking ass, there's numerous pieces out there for it. Alternatively you could buy doom or mod Oblivion and you'd get an even more interactive experience.

lmao then i'm trying to helping you save your time, this anime is bloodthirsty porn targeted for certain people, you should know that since episode one. Just drop your 1 score and leave.

i think this anime was good because it was simple, and giving viewers what they really want. Just like normies who praise Dragon Ball for it's fight, i praise this anime for it's killing spree. Why do i need to care about developments if this show already give me what i want? GS is still pretty creative though.

you cannot judge someone's creativity using your standards, since every anime is targeted for certain viewers. I do not think people who enjoyed shounen would rate a CGDCT anime more than 5, and vice versa. If you watch episode one and you think you hate it, just drop your score and stop ranting about it. You want to write a review? ok go then, watch till episode 4, write your 1 score review all you want, but stop freakin judging people who love this are retards.
Oct 21, 2018 2:30 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Episode 1 was really interesting, but 2 and were 3 were boring. Reminds me of the kind of bored I can get from Overlord.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Oct 21, 2018 2:40 AM
Jan 2017
xFlakee said:

Agreed, the first ep was rather quite enjoyable.

Agreed, the first ep was quite turn me on :)
Oct 21, 2018 6:09 AM
Oct 2018
Blue_Reaper said:
OneManMob said:

lmao then i'm trying to helping you save your time, this anime is bloodthirsty porn targeted for certain people, you should know that since episode one. Just drop your 1 score and leave.

i think this anime was good because it was simple, and giving viewers what they really want. Just like normies who praise Dragon Ball for it's fight, i praise this anime for it's killing spree. Why do i need to care about developments if this show already give me what i want? GS is still pretty creative though.

you cannot judge someone's creativity using your standards, since every anime is targeted for certain viewers. I do not think people who enjoyed shounen would rate a CGDCT anime more than 5, and vice versa. If you watch episode one and you think you hate it, just drop your score and stop ranting about it. You want to write a review? ok go then, watch till episode 4, write your 1 score review all you want, but stop freakin judging people who love this are retards.

Every anime is targeted to certain viewers, yes, but wanting to be something does not give you an excuse to be garbage (EX: SAO, Franxx). Berserk is a godly anime with heavy imagery on it, for instance. I dont use my own tastes as the standard any anime should fit, I'm watching Goblin Slayer through a CRITICAL lens, what I want is to review it, not for it to be what I like.

Oct 21, 2018 6:19 AM

May 2018
OneManMob said:
Blue_Reaper said:

Every anime is targeted to certain viewers, yes, but wanting to be something does not give you an excuse to be garbage (EX: SAO, Franxx). Berserk is a godly anime with heavy imagery on it, for instance. I dont use my own tastes as the standard any anime should fit, I'm watching Goblin Slayer through a CRITICAL lens, what I want is to review it, not for it to be what I like.

yea whatever.
I do not believe objective criticism in a media of art and entertainment, it's stupid, especially if the critics come from people who is not the target audience of the show.
Just don't call people who enjoy things you hate have shit taste and we're fine.
Oct 21, 2018 11:22 AM

Oct 2012
To OP: If three episodes in you don't like it, then it's best if you drop it. This is how the entirety of Goblin Slayer is going to be. Goblin Slayer - Small intermission where the characters talk about random shit but don't really develop all that much except for GS himself - Maybe some ecchi shots of cow girl or someone else - Goblin Slaying. It's meant to be mostly mindless fun so if you're not having fun, just stop and leave it to the people who enjoy it.

To the people who for some reason are defending 'rape kinks': Be quiet and never speak among GS fans again. You're the reason why SJWs think we're all sick in the head when it's just a few edgy teenagers trying to be cool on the internet and failing spectacularly.
Oct 24, 2018 8:58 AM

Oct 2017
See some wamen get triggered by some sarcastic response is just gold.

Probably the most enjoyable part of this show is to read the mal posts.
Oct 24, 2018 12:57 PM
Jul 2012
Ivoria said:
TheMAM said:

I'm not saying you can't enjoy a show with rape in it. I love Game of Thrones, and there's several rape scenes in it (although they're nowhere near as graphic as here). I'm saying that it's wrong to enjoy a show because it has rape in it. As in, the reason for enjoying it is solely the rape.
But this argument has just been exhausted tbh so I'm gonna retire this here.

The original dude was definitely trolling with you. RIP.
Nov 3, 2018 5:54 AM

Mar 2015
Ivoria said:
Swagernator said:
@Ivoria hey girl, life is not just about holding hands and in 15s promising each other to marry when older.

Sometimes fucked up shit happen.

Except the fucked-up-shit in this anime is almost entirely pointless. The story destroys all of its own attempts to be dark and meaningful. Here, watch this video.

Honestly, I think that the scene was over the top, but it does two things. Firstly, it goes to show how vile the Goblins are, and shows why the woman in the questing place is so uneased by the fact that some newbies are taking a quest to slay such creatures. Secondly, it helps us as viewers understand the kind of world that this is. Its not a nice fantasy setting like that of say that of like everquest or something. Its a brutal and messed up world, and theres no better way to say this than to show it. It adds much more affect. Simply put, if you dont like it, dont watch it.
Nov 3, 2018 6:04 AM
Oct 2018
Yeah man,for the first episode i was dreaming of a second berserk(1990's version) but far more cruel,realistic,i mean i thought it would be one of those anime where there is no plot armour,stabbed in vital organs one times means death but man,how misguided i was,i think it would be reallly really boring if it goes on like this,it would be cool if it shows some god fights as it mentions they gambles to become the ruler or something and goblin slayer shows us how a man can defeat a god or something but nah,i don't think it will.

I feel like a really hot girl teased me,flashed me and made my meat hard(episode 1) and then left me without making me cum(rest of the goblin slayer episodes).That said,i really hope something non cliched from future goblin slayer episodes
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2018

993 by Raphkial »»
May 7, 11:37 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

288 by Ronin_Alx »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

195 by Miki42 »»
Apr 1, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

372 by Tartyus »»
Mar 1, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

382 by azzther »»
Feb 26, 8:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.