Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 11, 2018 11:41 AM

Nov 2012
Only about a week until the latest installment in my favorite fighting game series. I think Soul Calibur is the premium weapons based fighting game and I spent many hours of my youth in SC II and SC IV .

I'll admit SC V wasn't that good. I didn't really care too much about it though, I just kept playing IV with my friends anyway.

This new one looks great. Although Geralt for the guest character is kinda underwhelming to me personally. I'll be getting it for PC and one of my friends is getting it for his Xbox One. I do wish there was universal cross platform multiplayer for this game because most of the people I know will be getting it on console. But I will get it on PC only I think. No need to buy it again since my friend is buying it for console.

The graphics look beautiful and gameplay looks nice. I'm also upgrading my PC next week so I ll be playing it in 1440p monitor .

Alot of cool facts about the series in general (although the video is long) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI1ez1xwUtk&t=998s
Oct 11, 2018 4:54 PM

Mar 2017
That's me. I am totally hyped for SCVI and will line up first thing in the morning in the store when it comes out.
I kinda followed the news of the game from when it was announced up until now, where i literally jumped out of my chair after the announcement. I was just reading the article titled "The Fall of Soul Calibur" at that time, so any hopes of a sequel in my heart was kind of destroyed at that moment. Imagine my elation when it was announced.
They brought back lots of character, save for my favourite Cassandra and Hilde though... Hopefully they'll bring them back via DLC or some other form in the game.
It's time to play the Game folks!
Oct 12, 2018 6:02 AM

Aug 2012
Wait if DOA 6 got toned down, how did Bandai Namco get away with Ivy's classic outfit and Taki's bodysuit? (it's like she's not wearing anything at all)
MrAwesome2018Oct 12, 2018 6:15 AM
Oct 22, 2018 11:07 AM

Nov 2012
I've played a bit of it and the fighting is really crisp and fun. And people are already having a lot of fun with the create-a-characters lol.

Oct 22, 2018 7:20 PM

Jul 2013
I played the beta and it was quite fun tbh. The character creator is cursed tho and it must be stopped right fucking now.
Oct 23, 2018 8:31 AM
Feb 2016
It looks nice, but I only have a Switch while studying abroad atm, sooooo

Oct 23, 2018 10:27 AM
Jul 2018
I'm enjoying it a lot, even though some of the creations i've seen are nightmare inducing rofl.
Oct 23, 2018 11:14 AM
Jul 2018
I wish Dark Souls had the same amount of customization for your character.

Oct 23, 2018 8:38 PM

Jul 2013
FoxyKaizoku said:
Wolfsbane said:
I played the beta and it was quite fun tbh. The character creator is cursed tho and it must be stopped right fucking now.

Character creation can be annoying, but there are some awesome characters. Plus you don't really need to see them anyways, just don't go into casual mode and play ranked. I do wish they would not allow players to use character creations in any rooms except "Character Creation Allowed".
The network code is just bad and I guess there's nothing that can be done about it. I doubt the developers have enough money to redo the whole interface, redo search function and etc.

I just saw that Lizardman video... yeah, it's just sad. Tasteless and sad.
What's even worse is that someone actually spent their time to create this character, to record this video and upload it to YouTube... oh well. At least they had "fun".

LOOOOOOOL I was only joking because the memes lmfao werofjweiof. Smh.
Oct 24, 2018 12:16 AM

Oct 2013
The entire online mode is just a godawful mess. They probably could have taken a few notes from ArcSys and had a Guilty Gear-esque lobby where there are at least multiple setups and better spectating. Perhaps even just casual singles where you can use custom characters so ranked matches feel a little less fraudulent.

With that being said, the game is still pretty fun.
Oct 24, 2018 6:08 AM

May 2009
Been on the fence of buying it, you can do some really creative things with the creator. I definitely want to make Mugen and Jin in SC6 but I'm afraid I'll drop it quickly like tekken 7
Oct 24, 2018 6:40 AM

May 2018
Definitely. One of the best fighting game of all time.
Oct 24, 2018 11:33 AM

Jan 2018
The game got torrented by Codex and now i am ready to play for it! I am gonna make my character called Koji Nakai.
Oct 24, 2018 6:09 PM
Oct 2018
The only reason I'm vaguely excited for the game is the character creator mode. I've spent WAY WAYYYY too much time on that in SC V. It just sucks it appears they removed my favorite style (Viola) from V in this... oh well, back to ye old Mitsurugi I guess.

Not sure if I'm gonna get it for now. Maybe if I find it on a price drop or something. In the mean time I'll play at my friend's house to try it out.

Oct 24, 2018 11:15 PM

Oct 2013
FoxyKaizoku said:
There's a lot of replayability in SC VI, things always feel new and mainly because of character creation mode. When you get a bit tired with the current fighters, just go to casual and find a room with creations, it will refresh the things. I wish they'd allow us to create stages, though. That would have been really convenient. SC VII, hopefully?

Also literally all of the characters feel fun and have a different playstyle, so I don't think you'll drop it quickly.

I think you meant to quote the other lad, as I've already made a few fun characters.

Outside of some originals, it's mostly weeb stuff. Thoughts?

What have you all made so far?
Oct 25, 2018 7:00 AM

Jul 2009
I have no interest in fighting games at all, but the character creation of this title has become such a goddamn meme that I can't help but pay attention. Might be something worth watching other people play.
Oct 27, 2018 10:46 AM

Nov 2012
2B has been officially announced as the 2nd DLC character. I'm actually one of the few people who didn't really care much for Nier Automata (yes I beat the game), but I love 2Bs character design.

So thats Tira and 2B. 2 More DLC Characters will come out , I'm guessing 1 more legacy character and another guest character.

Oct 28, 2018 3:57 PM
Oct 2018
Okay after trying it for a while at my friend's house... It's actualy a very solid game. The story modes (yes modes there are 2) looks quite large, MUCH larger than I was expecting it to be, the styles have been mostly upgraded, although they seemed to have f'd over Mitsurugi because I've always been mostly using him and he's kinda not fun in this one.

The newer styles are really damn fun. I don't care much about Azwel, but his style is so fun to just look at and playing it feels so great (and yes the first character I created used his style ^^). I love that you (kinda) warp with him, and pop all kind of weapons around ^^ I waited so long for a style like this. That one dude in 4 had something similar to that but you couldn't use it on a created character ._. Groth or whatever his name is, is also fun to play. Not very impressive to look at because it's not all that flashy but you can do some fun stuff with him. Didn't much of Geralt but his R2 special thing was kind of awesome.

It's pretty cool you can actualy have a race on the CaC too. It doesn't really do much but it's a fun novelty. (also, furry I guess)

Really curious about what other DLC characters that will be announced. I don't know how I feel about 2B (I like A2 much more personaly), and it feels EXTREMELY out of place, but hey whatever floats B/N's boat I guess.

I only wish they could get Viola's style back, I loved using that in 5. It was my main style with Mitsurugi. Or at least someting that feels similar gameplay wise, it was just so fun to use.
Oct 29, 2018 12:51 AM
Aug 2018
I used to like the series, that is until they excluded the main cast and started selling some of them as DLC.
Oct 29, 2018 1:00 AM

Apr 2013
I only played Soul Calibur 2 with friends on the Gamecube back then, but I enjoyed that game a lot. Though I mostly played Ivy for obvious reasons lol

I'm more of a Street Fighter kinda guy though, SSF4 was pretty dope. I can't really cope with that 3D movement fighting, it's too much for an old man like me xD

More topics from this board

» Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door censors catcalling!?

rohan121 - Apr 28

36 by JaniSIr »»
3 hours ago

» Do you track Accounts you made online

ST63LTH - 3 hours ago

0 by ST63LTH »»
3 hours ago

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

24 by ST63LTH »»
3 hours ago

» GTA V vs GTA IV

tectacles - May 2

1 by ST63LTH »»
3 hours ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

528 by luckyrune »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.