Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Dec 25, 2020 1:49 AM

Aug 2018
An awesome reveal episode, Eren is finaly learning so many things about not only his father but the people who possesed titan power in their past.

Great to see Zachary having a great time torturing these so called ''nobles'', they deserve all of this for all those innocent lives that were lost thanks to the decision making troughout the years.

Next episode is gonna be something epic and action packed for sure
Dec 26, 2020 3:05 AM

Nov 2020
Holy shit. As an anime only watcher i was in shock at the preshow scene. This was an epic episode.

We finally learn more about Grisha Yeager and what he did. We also learn about Historia's sister, Freida, and the Reiss family. There's definitely some stuff being left out though. Such as why did Grisha want the Power of the Titans? Why did he sacrifice himself to Eren, and if i'm under the impression that he's the Beast Titan, how is he still alive? I'm also intrigued at how Rod has become sort of a good guy. But i'm still skeptical. He's definitely leaving out parts of his story. I'm loving this so far.

I also loved how they included the Ackerman family flashback with Kenny. The reveals are coming at a fast pace. Makes me interested in reading the manga for this season. The cliffhanger was excellent. You know there's going to be some lovely action next episode.
Jan 29, 2021 8:15 AM

Dec 2008
big b r u h moments in this episode
Grisha was a titan and he stole the power of the royal family, then he turned Eren into a titan and ended up being eaten
Judging by his face, he didn't expect to be done in by Eren that easily

Man, must suck for Eren though
Imagine finding out that your father was a murderer *and* that you already ate him

Ackerman flashback was interesting too. If I understood things right, Kenny is Levi's uncle. Mikasa probably comes from the branch family.
Feb 5, 2021 2:30 PM
Aug 2020
there's definitely a lot to take in in this episode!
can't believe Eren's father did this, and the irony of how his own son ended up devouring him...

So the Ackermans are all strong :0
Apr 27, 2021 3:51 AM

Jan 2018
Woah so many things happening @_@
My mind hurts now
I can't tell who's the good guy or the bad guy

that torture machine was fucked up lmao
Oct 13, 2021 9:45 PM
Jul 2016
Zachary is a sadistic bastard. I love him. His plan to parade the noble through the street once a week is hilarious.
The story just keeps getting better and more intricate. There are quite a few webs of side plots that are all interweaving at this point which is nice. I'm beginning to see the Levi love as well. I didn't care for him much in the first two seasons but I'm warming up to him now. Erwin is still the best character in my opinion.
I hope Eren becomes a badass through all of this. He has been kinda wimpy in the past two seasons but I don't see how that could be anymore after being reminded of his messed up past all the while being chained up and gagged.
I'm glad we're seeing less of Armin. I'm sorry but I can't stand him. I didn't like Eren either at least at first but now I'm really stoked to see how he grows from learning all of this and going through such horrible events.
Oct 13, 2021 9:45 PM
Jul 2016
Zachary is a sadistic bastard. I love him. His plan to parade the noble through the street once a week is hilarious.
The story just keeps getting better and more intricate. There are quite a few webs of side plots that are all interweaving at this point which is nice. I'm beginning to see the Levi love as well. I didn't care for him much in the first two seasons but I'm warming up to him now. Erwin is still the best character in my opinion.
I hope Eren becomes a badass through all of this. He has been kinda wimpy in the past two seasons but I don't see how that could be anymore after being reminded of his messed up past all the while being chained up and gagged.
I'm glad we're seeing less of Armin. I'm sorry but I can't stand him. I didn't like Eren either at least at first but now I'm really stoked to see how he grows from learning all of this and going through such horrible events.
Oct 28, 2021 10:28 AM
Nov 2020
this is one of the most gratifying episodes imo. aot has this experimental story structure that leaves the audience in the dark for a large portion of the narrative. but here, at last, the answers begin.
Nov 1, 2021 6:49 PM

Jun 2020
Holy shit this is an eye opening episode right from the start and gives us some answers to a few questions

I'm not that surprised when they revealed his father had titan powers like it seems like it was obvious while it was not but there are still some questions like a lot of them in my mind hopefully it'll be cleared once the truth is out

So the Ackermans are one of the protectors of the royal family well I'll be damned they sure are worth that title.
Dec 29, 2021 11:28 PM

Jul 2021
there was a very big revelation this epsiode. eren's dad wanted to gain the power of reiss family, so he fought and eventually ate frienda reiss. he then injected eren with supposedly titan turning drug and then eren transformed into a titan, ate his own dad and gained all of those powers, which made him the cordinate.

eren was in such a shock the whole episode, imagine how bad he felt when he realized he ate his own dad. hmm but i don't understand how eren and his dad met, as the event of eren's dad eating frieda happened the night wall maria was broken then there was no way he met with his dad. this is not very clear to me yet.

i was so happy to see smol historia have someone in her childhood with whom she can talk and stuff. frieda was a good person, taught her to read and write etc, must have been very heartbreaking for historia to find out frieda was eaten by eren's dad.

must protecc

eren can now not only control titans but ca alter human memories too, he's practically invinsible now if he manages to not get eaten.

lmao zachary is a complete loon, imagine having ur greatest dream to torture and humiliate people, it was amusing to see zachary to glow so much with glee when humiliating that fat council member.

levi talks about ackermans, he knows mikasa is a ackerman too, why isn't he telling her that his last name is ackerman too, c'mon man. but when levi said "i've experienced that sudden power too" then i think mikasa could have guessed that levi's a ackerman too, dunno tho, didn't show her reaction to it.

i don't think that kenny is trustworthy, i'm just waiting for him to flip out and do whatever he wishes to do.

levi squad is now prepared to kill any humans that come in their way

excited for next episode.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jan 4, 2022 7:29 AM

Dec 2012
Eren feels like he's been there before?
They can make Eren see memories?
Dem memories.
Kyojin.
Eren killed his father.
Dat voice. Yoko!!!
She made Historia forget.

Watch date: 5/2020
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 15, 2022 7:28 PM

Dec 2020
LOREEE EPISODE ONCE AGAIN!!! god i love these it wrecks my brain a bit but mann were they good.

eren knows how he got the power, and historia finds out a bit about the past as well.

some lore on the ackermann too!! kenny is levi's uncle, and mikasa is a relative of levi. distant or not we dont know but one things for sure, they share the same blood. i remember getting a spoiler that they were siblings a few years back😭😭 a bit altered huh

suchh a good ep!!! there was so many things we got from here but it was definitely no info bomb. just done really well
Jan 20, 2022 5:29 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Alright, what a backstory. So thats why his father went back to the capital only to seek Reiss power and stole that. Ymir flashback really helpful to digest this episode information, similar to her that needs to eat Reiner friend in order to return to human form. Then, the power reside Eren basically from Freida and his father, not to mention he also had the power to altered people minds too.

That's why those two touched him too, to opened up all the memories, the revelations. But, the problem wasn't over. Mostly its Historia that needed to eat him in order to taken back all the past, and present. Idk whats her father do next when the ritual actually completed, especially Kenny plan toward those two.

Though, its still interesting how they also revealed Ackerman story (Kenny flashback, Levi must be the child that her sister bornt with her customer on the underground place. And Mikasa father revealed to be those the branch family that Kenny told to be move near Shiganshina town.) related much to Reiss family history. They, together with Oriental clan, got persecuted because they turning their back against the king, mostly because of they won't be acted as a king henchmen again. So, maybe Kenny thinking, to restore Ackerman pride and glory again, by taking the side of the true king of the humanity, while slowly gain control of the power by himself. Maybe.

But, the story won't stop just like that. The capital situations still not ended well, especially since Zachary was quite an ambitious and dangerous person toward their humanity goals, and two side prepare to kill each other. There must be someone or even more to sacrificed for real next. Lets see....
badabassJan 20, 2022 5:34 PM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 15, 2023 7:31 PM
Apr 2021
I refuse to believe Dr. Grisha Jaeger was a bad
man.
It's more believable that Reiss is
an evil mastermind, gaslighting his
daughter Historia.
I'm not too sure why Kenny is loyal to Reiss,
if he indeed is an Ackerman. So much
we don't know yet.
Mar 26, 2023 6:19 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
So I'm assuming that Reiss stepped down voluntarily while he searched for Historia. So while the government in his place is certainly at fault for deceiving the people and also for clearly vying for their own safety above everyone elses, Rod Reiss is still the core culprit, and plans to reset everyone's memories back to not knowing anything once he acquires Eren's titan scream- which was originally the Reiss' family's, until Eren's father Grisha stole it from them. Most likely he was on the same path as Erwin as to unveil the sham that the royal family has cast on all the people.

As to why Kenny seems to have quite easily joined the military police in protecting the royal family, I'm guessing they showed his backstory to suggest that perhaps he wants to redeem the ackerman name, even though he has lived his life killing many. Or maybe he just got paid a crap load of money, who knows.

Also, who do the scouts expect will be the one to eat Eren, Rod Reiss himself, or Historia? Reiss wants his own daughter to eat Eren and continue the bloodline holding the titan's power, but what if she refuses to erase everyone's memories again, being the kind-hearted person that she is? I'm guessing the scouts have taken this into account, and will assume the worst: that Historia will in fact go forward with her father's wishes, or that Rod Reiss himself will be the one to eat Eren.

I like how when Levi asks if everyone is ready to get their hands dirty, everyone is showing slightly troubled and nervous expressions... except Mikasa
BetaMaleUltraMar 26, 2023 6:22 PM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 30, 2023 4:08 PM

Sep 2019
The previous ep was a real Bang.
I have to talk about the new ED. The eps I watched do not have translations for the OP, ED parts. But now I found it by Google. It must be said that the lyrics of these two songs are too deep and full of tragedy. The more I listen, the more emotional I get.
Look at the way Eren is tied up, ok I think of BDSM
Why is Eren always taken away?
Wait, why does Eren have such a thick body? About 70 kg. Remember that survey corps have a slim body for easy flying.
Don't tell me Eren's dad injected him with that mysterious drug... there's also the basement in Shiganshina
O.M.G Eren's dad... Historia's older sister... wtf wtf my head
Turns out we have the real wonder woman, not Mikasa, it's Freida. Can make other people lose their memories with just a light touch.
So Historia has never touched Eren before?
There is only one way to solve this mess, Eren marry Historia now.
Okay... titan everywhere. a bit too much
Ok... enough, can't believe what I just watched... this plot twist is dope, but it's painful
man... disgusting
Pixis my man... so deep words
Finally... The answer to the Ackerman family name, it finally appeared. I wait so long. This episode really comforted all of my questions about Mikasa. If only we knew this soon, then we could fully enjoy the character
Wow Mikasa wow
If the Ackerman clan was so strong, why were they killed by some bandits? I mean Mikasa's parents?
Epic feelings
This ep and the previous ep have completed the task of bringing the Titan story to an extremely impressive new level. Kenny's story also impressed me.
Apr 29, 2023 1:42 AM

Nov 2010
Very interesting revelation if Rod is telling the truth. So, Eren gained his ability to transform and coordinate ability from Frieda when he ate his father. I wonder if he can use Frieda's memory-altering powers someday.
Also, I wonder if Eren's dad planned for Eren to eat him. He wanted Eren to have all these powers. However, it's still a mystery what his end goal for Eren is.
Damn, that torture Zachary was doing on that noble reminded me of the hentai Euphoria. lol
Ah, so that's the secret about the Ackermann family. Their bloodline has a special ability too. It's no wonder Mikasa is so powerful for a human. She belongs to the branch family and has that unnamed oriental clan blood too. I think Levi is Kenny's nephew. That's why he's so powerful in combination with his skills.
May 9, 2023 10:29 AM
Jan 2023
Super nice.
Lore and good details.
Lovin' aot.
Jul 26, 2023 6:35 PM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Jul 29, 2023 7:26 PM
Sep 2022
So Grisha was a titan too, that was expected, but he had 'the power of the titans'. This is too much to understand. How did he arrive inside the walls so many years ago and it took so long without doing anything?

Kenny is Mikasa's relative: confirmed ✅
Just left to know if Mikasa have some kinship with Levi too, but i believe so
Aug 23, 2023 11:31 PM
Jan 2023
I'm curious to see what Eren's dad is actually up to... 🧐
Oct 15, 2023 9:49 PM
May 2023
Review en ESP/ENG

Interesting episode, now we know what the father did to Eren, where his powers come from and that he also has the ability to erase memory and that Christa was not alone, but why would the father have done it? We'll see what they say. It is interesting that there are some lineages that could not erase their memories and that is why they were hunted but not completely. I liked that Commander Pixis was honest and the fight came to get Eren and Historia back, we'll see what happens

Interesante episodio, ahora sabemos que le hizo el padre a Eren, de donde vienen sus poderes y que tambien tiene la capacidad de borrar la memoria y que Christa no estuvo sola, pero por que lo habra hecho el padre ? veremos que dicen. interesante que hay algunos linajes que no podian borrarles la memoria y por eso fueron cazados pero no por completo. Me gusto que comandante pixis sea honesto y llego el combate para recuperar a Eren y Historia, veremos que ocurre
Nov 4, 2023 11:51 AM

Jan 2013
A lot of reveals!

With this Royal Family power I wouldn't be surprised if they fabricated the supposed 100 years of Titan history too.
Eren now has both his father's power and Frieda's, no wonder everyone wanted to capture him.

Really excited to learn more though, I feel like this is just the start.
PrOxAntoNov 4, 2023 12:14 PM
Nov 14, 2023 1:11 PM
Feb 2021
Wow! Simplesmente bombástico
Nov 30, 2023 5:52 PM

Nov 2023
Damn, all that ice chamber and all that is making me confused! Eren finally finds out about his father
Mar 14, 3:58 AM
Feb 2016
incredibly harsh plot
Mar 19, 2:05 AM
Jul 2023
Best episode this season!
- Oh, well I guess every criticism I had about what Armin said was wrong. God damn it lmao
- Frieda used the founding titan’s ability to make Historia forget about her every day??? That’s so interesting, she’s really nice.
- Grisha killed all of the Royals, including Frieda, who’s Titan is the strongest. What a feat! I wonder what his reasons are though, that’s mad evil
- So…. I guess Eren holds the founding Titan’s power? I guess that’s why he was able to control those titans in “scream”. Why doesn’t he use that instead of his regular Titan, if it’s the stronger one?
- Jesus, Zachary’s torture method is so damn disgusting lmao
- The Ackerman’s and the Orientals have a special ability to not be controlled by the founding Titan? I hate it ngl. Keep the powers to Titan users only, I don’t want this show to become a generic super power shounen
- I wonder if Mikasa is special, since she is both an Oriental AND an Ackerman.
Yesterday, 7:14 PM
Jan 2024
THIS IS MY 2,000 EP WATCHEDDDDD
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sapewloth - Aug 8, 2018

117 by Adrian610 »»
Apr 8, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2018

443 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2018

243 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2018

214 by Apreggi »»
Mar 19, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2018

188 by Apreggi »»
Mar 19, 4:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.