Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2018 2:00 PM

Jun 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, that has to be one of dumbest, possible to end with one call, plot i've seen in a while, Kotoko was in photograph with her brother, and because of it and article, people think she is in relationship, even higher ups want to disband Ongaku Shoujo.

Umm, hello, can't anyone of girls just tell it was Kotoko brother?
Aug 18, 2018 8:24 PM

Mar 2016
kamil88 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Wow, that has to be one of dumbest, possible to end with one call, plot i've seen in a while, Kotoko was in photograph with her brother, and because of it and article, people think she is in relationship, even higher ups want to disband Ongaku Shoujo.

Oh god, I’m just about to go off on a rant right now.
This episode was stupid. Absolutely stupid.
Seriously? Disbanding an idol group just because of some unproven rumor via a viral photo from someone who probably is somehow bent up ruining them due to some re****ed grudge? Like, the exaggerated melodrama after the girls found out about the picture was bad enough, but the ending was absolutely absurd.
Idk where this show is trying to go now, but I at least want to stay around to see what the endgame will be.
Aug 19, 2018 1:36 AM
Sep 2010
The animation/artstyle quality is dropping with every episode, lol. I wonder what the ratings look like in Japan. I can only imagine it's tanking pretty bad, because not only is the quality absolutely atrocious, the story is very questionable as well.

If the rates are tanking, I can see why they decided to squeeze so much fanservice into this episode. The octopus, the bathing scene, all the butt and boob shots. All of this looks like a really desperate attempt to save the anime's rating from dropping. This episode was also stock full of still images and even those were heavily distorted partially... This anime doesn't look like it got a lot of budget to work with...

Idolm@ster had a similar issue (one of the members getting caught with a man by a paparazzi), but they handled it a lot more professional than Ongaku Shoujo did... And no one said "welp, now you are getting disbanded". If this would happen in real life and it would actually turn out to be true, the member in question would probably just quit being an idol and focus on her love life instead. What a bunch of bullshit.

Last week I had a smile on my face and genuinely liked the goofy, adorable tone of the episode, even though the anime really isn't that great. But now this episode was just...bad.

A few "quality" shots of this episode, just to give you an example what I mean when I say "the artstyle is bad":

VeremisiaAug 19, 2018 1:42 AM
Aug 19, 2018 2:12 AM
Nov 2017
Ryuseishun said:
kamil88 said:

Oh god, I’m just about to go off on a rant right now.
This episode was stupid. Absolutely stupid.
Seriously? Disbanding an idol group just because of some unproven rumor via a viral photo from someone who probably is somehow bent up ruining them due to some re****ed grudge? Like, the exaggerated melodrama after the girls found out about the picture was bad enough, but the ending was absolutely absurd.
Idk where this show is trying to go now, but I at least want to stay around to see what the endgame will be.
The only thing missing was Uori blaming Hanako for the entire mess. This show is getting on my nerves.
Aug 19, 2018 2:51 AM

Jun 2012
At this point, i really hope Ongaku Shoujo won't sell better than Shoujo Kageki, with have much more heart and effort put into it :)
Aug 19, 2018 4:54 AM

Mar 2016
kamil88 said:
At this point, i really hope Ongaku Shoujo won't sell better than Shoujo Kageki, with have much more heart and effort put into it :)

Shoujo Kageki is actually frigging good, idk why not enough people are watching it
Aug 19, 2018 6:59 AM
Sep 2016
You can really feel the budget oozing out of this episode
Aug 19, 2018 7:27 AM

Oct 2008
Those slideshow portion is much worse than power point presentation!
Disbanded? that was quick!? not really.
3/5.

Aug 19, 2018 12:35 PM

Jul 2013
Jesus, this episode is ugly as sin.
Aug 19, 2018 7:05 PM

Dec 2017
Ah yes the "no animation just do a slideshow" method.

I thought I accidentally skipped an episode with the first 10 seconds of what happened.
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

Aug 20, 2018 7:14 PM

May 2012
Best episode so far. We got to see the girls in bikini
Aug 26, 2018 10:54 AM

Dec 2014
I mean the fanservice was good but the plot of the episode was pretty mediocre. Well, at least that photo at the end was nice.
Aug 27, 2018 12:50 AM

Mar 2009
The idol industry is so messed up.
Sep 1, 2018 1:54 PM
Jul 2011
This episode songs was really good!
I do agree with you, guys.... it`s Kotoko`s brother, why they don`t explain it? That`s odd...
Oct 10, 2018 12:03 AM

Apr 2011
One stupid paparazzi just had to ruined things. A-hole deserves to be burned or skin alive. And the stupid old farts just had to disband for a picture of their idol with her brother. I think its stupid excuse to disband them and make a new one?
May 30, 2021 11:12 AM

Feb 2020
It's the beach episode

That paparazzi was a jerk. Poor Kotoko. :( Now they are going to get disbanded. That's just so unfair.

SerafosDec 11, 2023 11:35 AM
Apr 1, 2023 11:06 AM
Mar 2023
Writ with precaution.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ongaku Shoujo (TV) Episode 12 Discussion

Lelouch0202 - Sep 22, 2018

21 by Cronogl »»
Apr 1, 2023 11:07 AM

Poll: » Ongaku Shoujo (TV) Episode 2 Discussion

Magito - Sep 28, 2018

3 by TheBigGuy »»
Sep 24, 2021 8:17 AM

Poll: » Ongaku Shoujo (TV) Episode 1 Discussion

den15_512 - Aug 25, 2018

3 by TheBigGuy »»
Sep 21, 2021 3:28 PM

Poll: » Ongaku Shoujo (TV) Episode 10 Discussion

estebassist - Sep 8, 2018

5 by Serafos »»
May 30, 2021 1:39 PM

Poll: » Ongaku Shoujo (TV) Episode 11 Discussion

estebassist - Sep 15, 2018

3 by Serafos »»
May 30, 2021 1:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.