Forum Settings
Forums
Sweetness and Lightning
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 13, 2018 3:13 AM

May 2016
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
And so it ends. I'll miss this manga. As with most manga that I've completed, the author left the story incomplete, or left it to the reader to guess what happened next. I would liked to have seen if Kotori and Kouhei got together.......

The party was the usual cute and fun cooking goodness; the recipe book speech was touching.

I wish the time skip at the end had it's own chapter, though. Seriously, though what's up with Tsumugi's hair? :' ) I'm guessing she's a first year in high school, so seven years since the party?

Tsumugi shipping her dad and Kotori, or just her way of getting Kouhei to make himself presentable? I'd like to think it was the former! I think Gido did a good job of presenting an older Tsumugi, full of sass, with plenty of love for her father.

My goodness, Kotori filled out even more? :' ) I do think it important that Kotori called Kouhei "sensei" instead of his given name. I think it's fine, given the situation.

I am disappointed that Shinobu and Yagi were omitted from the skip, though. :(

I hope they have a season two of the anime, though, with an OVA of the time skip(and beyond!).

Thanks for the feast, Gido! It was great!
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Aug 13, 2018 10:59 AM
Aug 2018
Thanks for the feast gido,this make me cry,my daily dose of happiness slice of life manga has end and seeing tsumugi in high school uniform realy make me fall harder for her😘
Aug 14, 2018 12:52 AM

Mar 2009
ZekeYeager2000 said:
Thanks for the feast gido,this make me cry,my daily dose of happiness slice of life manga has end and seeing tsumugi in high school uniform realy make me fall harder for her😘

If it makes you feel any better, the mangaka did state on twitter that they will be writing more. Maybe an extra chapter, or two.

Aug 14, 2018 7:16 PM
Jun 2015
gogilan said:
ZekeYeager2000 said:

If it makes you feel any better, the mangaka did state on twitter that they will be writing more. Maybe an extra chapter, or two.

The best news in all my day jajaja
Aug 14, 2018 9:53 PM

Mar 2010
explains why the manga isn't listed as "ended", if they just ended it on a last chapter time skip it would have left a a hole in my slice of life riddled heart.
Aug 16, 2018 6:46 AM

May 2016
Perhaps the plan was to stop at 56 chapters, but the story took a life of its own, and he couldn't finish it properly at 56? I'll happily take a couple of more chapters, TYVM!
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Aug 24, 2018 11:27 PM

Jul 2016
Managed to binge this manga over the past few days, and from what I originally thought was gonna be a simple slice of life turned drama/romance, I am beyond satisfied of the way it's turned out. I can understand the Mangaka's plan to finish where it is, giving some power to the readers to interpret the ending; however, I feel like a few extra chapters will definitely be better. I can feels the Mangaka's passion in this work and I think Gido's ideal ending would be gladly accepted by everyone. Cannot wait!

KoheixKotori, loving Tsumugi's sass in what I think she is willing/happy to accept if it comes to pass!
Aug 29, 2018 3:25 PM
Jan 2015
Alhutcho said:
Managed to binge this manga over the past few days, and from what I originally thought was gonna be a simple slice of life turned drama/romance, I am beyond satisfied of the way it's turned out. I can understand the Mangaka's plan to finish where it is, giving some power to the readers to interpret the ending; however, I feel like a few extra chapters will definitely be better. I can feels the Mangaka's passion in this work and I think Gido's ideal ending would be gladly accepted by everyone. Cannot wait!

KoheixKotori, loving Tsumugi's sass in what I think she is willing/happy to accept if it comes to pass!

I also binged read the manga when I heard it was coming to an end, I watched the Anime a few years back and loved it, I was a bit confused if this was the ending or not, but if it is so be it, I think its a good ending and really sweet but if there is a bit to go I will be very happy, It feels some things still need to happen, The reopening of the Restaurant and (maybe) having Kohei and Kotori get together. Tsumugi as a teenager is great, she certainly has a lot of sass but she still gets along well with her father Kouhei.
Jul 16, 2020 3:57 PM

Jan 2019
Very satisfying ending, although the timeskip deserved its own chapter imo. I wanted to see Shinobu, Yagi, Mikio, Tsubaru, and Kotori's parents (who we never knew if they remarried or not)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Amaama to Inazuma Chapter 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2015

1 by subahokke »»
Oct 10, 2023 10:01 PM

» Book 12, physical edition

Avgasblomman - Apr 25, 2023

0 by Avgasblomman »»
Apr 25, 2023 2:48 AM

» Shinobu and Yagi-chan!

OG_Otaku - Sep 28, 2022

0 by OG_Otaku »»
Sep 28, 2022 10:59 PM

Poll: » Poll: Amaama to Inazuma Chapter 56.6 Discussion

tywhoppity - Oct 11, 2018

1 by OG_Otaku »»
Sep 28, 2022 10:37 PM

» So, does this manga have a good romance in the end/middle?

AyanDrako - Oct 11, 2019

4 by OG_Otaku »»
Sep 24, 2022 1:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.