Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 2018 11:59 PM

Jun 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
One of the greatest fight scenes I've ever seen. The choreography, the psychology, the god tier art, oh boy this lived up to the hype. Rikishi vs. Joe was amazing. Now, I don't think Rikishi dying is a huge secret now days but it coming so early in the manga and after him decisively defeating Joe.....is a ballsy choice from the mangaka to say the least. To me, he was probably the most interesting character in the manga up to this point with his obsession with Joe and the lengths he went to to even get the match in the first place.

So yeah, killing off the rival that so much of the manga has revolved around up until now is an interesting choice, but I'm intrigued by where it will take Joe from here on out. He's already shown growth in recent chapters, despite obviously still having one hell of at temper. And, to say the least, he appears to have taken Rikishi's death hard.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 21, 2018 2:42 PM

Mar 2015
I did not expect he would actually die right here. I'm shook...
Jun 18, 2021 5:49 AM

Jun 2020
Well, that was a surprise.

More topics from this board

» Official English Edition Announced by Kodansha

ItzElite - Feb 22

5 by DioBrando_69420 »»
Mar 25, 3:11 AM

Poll: » Ashita no Joe Chapter 171 Discussion

Hentaicheg - Jun 20, 2015

26 by Trap_Traps_Traps »»
Dec 3, 2023 1:04 AM

Poll: » Ashita no Joe Chapter 5 Discussion

Komlan_6 - Jan 30, 2021

2 by ZaToSisCloCk »»
Apr 4, 2023 12:31 AM

Poll: » Ashita no Joe Chapter 4 Discussion

Komlan_6 - Jan 30, 2021

2 by ZaToSisCloCk »»
Apr 3, 2023 10:29 PM

Poll: » Ashita no Joe Chapter 1 Discussion

Madara22 - Apr 23, 2016

2 by ZaToSisCloCk »»
Apr 2, 2023 1:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.