Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 3, 2018 8:36 PM

Oct 2015
I mean, I know it's a great anime, and I really want to watch it. I see some other episodes scenes and I'm like "wow I have to watch it so much"

But I couldn't even watch the first episode, it was so boring. I mean, I think I kiinda managed to watch it 'till the end, but didn't want at all to watch the second episode.

So, does it get better after some episodes?
May 3, 2018 9:47 PM

Apr 2016
Start at episode 3. It does get better, but if you don’t like it at all from the start, you won’t like it at the end.
May 3, 2018 10:12 PM

Jul 2017
I'd say the first 20 episodes or so are VERY lacking but seeing as I stuck around only to catch up and love it, then you MIGHT like it further on. If you can stick out the first 20 or so episodes then you'll get rewarded later on with hilarious comedy, great character bonds, and a shit ton of great arcs. My tip here is to just skim through the first few episodes, they represent almost NONE what the actual show really is, after that if you still don't like it I don't recommend you force yourself to watch the 300+ rest.
Gintama > One Piece = Naruto > Bleach > DBZ

Nyanko Big is my spirit animal.
May 3, 2018 10:23 PM

Sep 2016
YukiChan3 said:
I mean, I know it's a great anime, and I really want to watch it. I see some other episodes scenes and I'm like "wow I have to watch it so much"

But I couldn't even watch the first episode, it was so boring. I mean, I think I kiinda managed to watch it 'till the end, but didn't want at all to watch the second episode.

I'd say eps 1-40 are more towards character exposition and world-building. The next 40 actually starts the story and might not get interesting until after ep 60 or 65, depending on your preferences. Eps 80+ are where the golden comedy and epic fights come from.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 2018 11:23 PM
Aug 2013
YukiChan3 said:

the short answer is no, it's awful anime most people only like it because of the comedy it's a parody so it makes fun of other anime. I watched like half and dropped it, it's currently on my list of worst anime i've ever seen
~AnimeDownUnder~

May 3, 2018 11:29 PM

Apr 2018
Indeed there are boring ep. in Gintama,

but for that, there are a lot of amazing ep. too
even when I finished it, I still watch it when I just want to laugh.

And there is not only the comedy> sad moments and crazy fights as well.
If a ep. bore you, just skip it and watch the next one x) It was worth for me, and not only for me.
May 4, 2018 12:47 AM

Jan 2013
Start with the 3rd ep and continue slowly at your own pace, when you feel like it. It's mostly episodic (at least the first season) so you don't have to worry about forgetting the story after a long break etc. That's what I did, and now it's one of my all-time favorites.
May 4, 2018 12:49 AM

Aug 2017
im 25 episodes in and i didnt laugh once. maybe u will find it funny tho
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 4, 2018 12:51 AM

May 2018
Definitely! This anime is so funny!!!
May 4, 2018 12:59 AM
Nov 2017
Gintama? Well yeah. It has slow pacing. So, first few episodes are boring. They're just to introduce some characters. But around the memory loss arc, things will get pretty intense. And the Umibozu arc, that arc is also intense ( sorta). But it'll get more interesting in the Benizakura arc.
They'll introduce some main antagonist there. After that arc, I bet you won't drop it.
It'll get more funny, intense afterwards......
Some moments also made me cry.
So, yeah. It's totally worth watching. Story is also great...
May 4, 2018 2:30 AM

Jul 2015
According to the fans who rate it 10/10, the first 30 eps (2 cours and a half) are absolutely horrendous, boring stuff. I suspect after that point, they just start denying that they're spending so much times on a terrible show (^%
Anyway, if you're having troubles finding the motivation to watch the 2nd ep of a 100+ eps show, I suggest you just watch something else and come back to it later. Or watch 1 ep/day and find something else to watch at the same time.

More topics from this board

» Romance Drama

AdityaRizkiS - 2 hours ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
7 minutes ago

» Standalone movies?

JaniSIr - 3 hours ago

7 by Otakupervert890 »»
15 minutes ago

» what to watch after Lain

kerokero- - Yesterday

5 by M2zC »»
49 minutes ago

» Melancholy

LoveYourSmile - 3 hours ago

2 by Lucifrost »»
2 hours ago

» Classic anime (90s and before) with Bishounen characters?

Fudanshi - Yesterday

5 by -YUMMY- »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.