Forum Settings
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2018 6:28 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Having currently seen the plot summary for volume 18, it seemed appropriate to open this one up.

Firstly, anyone wanting to check on a decent source:
https://www.facebook.com/notes/date-a-live-fan-club/date-a-live-vol-18-review-spoilers-english-version/955116834672240/

(you may need to have a facebook account though)

Of course this arent my full thoughts on it since this is after all a rough resume of everything, but it is enough to get a sense for what they are going with, and the own nature of this volume.

Spoilers ahead of course.

Dark, dark, dark... I m expecting some reallly strong emotions whenever I get to fully read it, I mean Mio kills all the spirits! If not for Kurumi's actions, Shidou wouldnt have a way to go back and fix this... if that option was not there, this would have been such a troll ending!
With volume 17, DAL seems to be reaching the climax (maybe vol19), there is not much left to reveal... other than Mio being a really arrogant Spirit.
Her motivates may have been fully revealed but there is no way I can sympatize with her a bit, she calls them her daughters but she then proceeds to slaugher each of them, without a shred of remorse, of course relying on the summary alone maybe a mistake, but if this is true, it only seems to me that the author is trying to make us hate her.

Also Wescott finally gets a good beating, reading that felt good.

And lets not forget, with reveal of the past we get the confirmation, Shidou and Mana belonged to the time of 30 years ago! That is huge for me, again Shidou can be explained, but how did DEM managed to keep Mana this young all these years? These siblings really do share a tragic past.

Volume 19 may be hitting the shelves this August. Lets hope 18 is fully readable by then or early Fall.
From what I have seen, it promises alot of feels that is for sure.
PlaycoolApr 30, 2018 6:40 AM
Aug 12, 2018 6:12 AM

Jan 2018
Oh, what can I say that was such a great vol my 3rd favorite of all the volumes this volume has so much tension in it though. First of all this vol was divided into two parts one is the current arc while the other part showed us the past of Shido who was known as Shinji in the past and now i know why Renine called Shido Shin but still didn't understand one thing about Shido and Mana current age because 30 years ago shido was in highschool and known as Takamiya Shinji and most surprisingly he's the best friend of his now foster father Tatsuo Itsuka well I hope that the author will do something about that because it's really confusing and that date with Mio this just shows that how much he has loved Mio in the past the same goes for Mio and that's why she's killing spirits to get back the seperia or whatever and to give Shido eternal life so that they can live together for eternity as for the battle well all the spirits are humans except for Tohka because she's born just like how Mia was born that explains why she didn't die when Mio extracted the crystal from her and that Kurumi clone at the end is it wasn't for that Shido would definitely be caught by Mio but in my heart I really wanted to see both Shido and Mio togther forever as Mio have shown that how much she loved shio even to the point of killing her best friend for the cost of living with Shido for eternity I hope that now that shido has used Kurumi 6th bullet to send his conciousness back 30 hours before the battle and has asked Reine for the date well next vol sohuld be really interesting and now maybe the author is planning to finish the series or that's what i can see but well it all depends on him i personally don't want to see it end though.

That westcott he's evil from the birth seeing his dog dying gave him pleasure enough to bring a new one to see him die and even when his mother died he even get pleasure from that and seeing his village gave him enough reason to summon the first spirit to kill all the humans and change the world where only magicians can live not that he can fulfill that.

And a date with Reine in the next vol lets see how it'll turn out.
CongintiveAug 12, 2018 6:31 AM
Nov 26, 2018 7:36 PM

Jun 2012
The time for my deepest desire to become realized.
Everything is for this time.
Everything is for this moment.

Those powerful words on the first chapter just right after the mundane fragment chapter seriously gave me the chills. And just as the tragedies goes on, this feeling just gets more complicated in me.

But because there's still the Woodman, Wescott and Mathers in between of the story, I still have time to contemplate my thoughts when reading. And speaking of them, honestly, I don't really care about their case anymore at the point Mio took the spotlight. And I wasn't really impress how Isaac's reason to destroy humanity was born, he's simply just insane to begin with, that insanity being the reason is too shallow for me. Despite that, his battle with Shidou was well played. That Ka-me-ha-me-ha!!..... I'm more impressed with how Ellen's title of strongest have deeper meanings for her. Her regrets and perseverance stood out the most for me out of the three of them.

Anyway, Mio's turn ain't over yet... I mean we all knew that Shidou will probably use time leap or time travel to reset all. But it was a pleasant surprise at the end where Kurumi came back personally to inform Shidou, that was like the rainbow after the rain. Truly the best girl. Now I'm looking forward to that final(?) Date.
Mar 20, 2019 6:43 PM

Feb 2018
Reine is revealed to be a clone of Mio Takamiya.
Mio restores Shido's memories of his past life as Shinji Takamiya.
Mio decides to erase Shido's memories in an attempt to completely restore Shinji.
Tohka is revealed to be the only Spirit apart from Mio who was never born human; hence the reason why she didn't have a name prior to meeting Shido.

More topics from this board

» Date A Live Volume 22 Discussion (Beware of spoilers)

WaterLord - Jul 28, 2020

15 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Oct 19, 2023 1:57 PM

» Why does this have a higher score than the anime (no spoilers)

BigBowlNoodleBoi - Sep 19, 2021

12 by icefirestone23 »»
Aug 19, 2023 7:58 AM

» Date a live LN

ShadowOnyx01 - Jun 20, 2022

8 by mizunos404 »»
May 14, 2023 8:15 AM

» Last Day Alive

Syureria - Mar 20, 2019

4 by Roch2001 »»
Jun 24, 2022 7:04 AM

» Is there a Sequel to this novel?

SuzukiAkeno - Oct 25, 2021

1 by DeMarcK »»
Apr 9, 2022 7:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.