Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 9, 2018 4:12 PM

Apr 2013
Damn Katakuri looks pissed, hope he destroys Bege next episode. I really don't like him.
May 9, 2018 6:29 PM

Dec 2014
Morgan sure is having his fun with all these events that are transpiring around him. xD

Judge deserved to be humiliated like that.
I like how Reiju comments on how it's because of his own doing that his sons are incapable of showing emotion towards their own impending doom.

Katakuri means business.

The animation for Sanji's Flamberge shot was really really good. :O
May 11, 2018 4:38 PM
May 2013
even tho i love OP, the anime just depresses me at this point. Ill just hope for an unlikely remake by a competent, not completely greedy anime studio. Not hatin, just venting some of my frustration.
May 12, 2018 1:15 AM

Aug 2014
I'll be sure to rewatch the whole arc once it's finished, the important parts are dragged out so much. I am legit shipping Sanji and Pudding now, hopefully she'll change her mind eventually, just like Violet did.
Aug 8, 2018 12:59 PM

Dec 2016
An all around great episode, my favorite scene being the extremely well animated scene of Sanji kicking the genie in the face near the end. Simply awesome
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jan 12, 2020 1:57 PM
Jul 2018
Judge looking all weak, whiny, and pathetic. And I don't even feel the slightest sympathy for him. He should take a look at his sons. The way how they acted all carefree and nonchalant towards their impending death, even laughing about it, was honestly sad. Judge modified their bodies so much and this is what's happening. Reap what you sow Mr. Just reap what you sow. Please Morgan, keep taking more pictures of his embarrassing state.

Oho, look at Bege talk. He does have a point. Just because Katakuri can see the future slightly doesn't mean it is set in stone. I am really liking the addition of Bege in this arc.

Speaking of Katakuri, the guy really looks menacing and threatening. One of the few antagonists who aren't really portrayed in a cartoon-ish sort of way.
Jul 19, 2020 4:55 PM

Jun 2016
I didn't know how to feel at the start of this episode. Seeing Mom get dizzy and not shriek felt like it was stalling for time at its worst, I was waiting for something important to happen. And then, while Sanji showing compassion to Pudding looked to be great, it became something far too similar to Baby 5 and Sai’s encounter in Dressrosa. We had the evil girl who was the product of her circumstances and the insidious family around her. In both cases a great guy and an opponent of her family who sees her pain wants to help her, while one of her family members dismisses her as conditional, calling her convenient, or in this case useless. Finally through fighting for this woman's hand in marriage by beating the opponent, she will realize what true unconditional love and acceptance is like, and she will turn from her evil ways. At least if it sticks to the Baby 5 scenario. The opponent that Sanji is fighting isn't like Lao G outside of his narrative role, but his power is still incredibly strange, as does his role in the story feel like it is probably nothing more than an antagonistic force to promote character development. As you can see I felt like this was the first mediocre episode of the wedding, I wanted to fast forward it at times, and I think it was a direct re-do of something we have seen in the past which perplexed me.

But after that the next two scenes and advancements were excellent and the latter was my favourite part yet. To start with the first, it was the Vinsmoke family finally being aware of their circumstance and being surrounded. To start with what this means for the future, I was incredibly worried that they would not understand that Sanji wanted to save them and in turn they would see this as nothing more than ruining Judge’s dream. If this occurred I could imagine them finding weapons and becoming enemies to their saviors. By having the Big Mom family show their hand, this is no longer a possibility in my mind, and further, it would not be in line with One Piece to kill them off in a brutal and nihilistic fashion. So speaking from a meta perspective, I am not worried and this advancement only helps our boys. But the character aspect of the scene also deserves addressing. I had stated that there was something sad about Judge, he was a man who was clearly living in the past and appeared to be a shell of what I imagine his former self was. He simply expanded on this here, after probably fighting to reach a state of contentment out of self-depreciation and ego for so long, it was torn from under him and he couldn't help but let his sadness out. On the other hand, my hope that the brothers were truly human to a degree and not completely brainwashed was somewhat thrown out the window by their bizarre and unsettling laughter over the scenario, completely unafraid to die.

On the other hand, my best boy Bege had his biggest moment yet! While continuing to put up an act of being on Mom’s side, news came forward that they could still push Mom into shrieking. A crossroads appeared, he may either feign ignorance or go all-in. And the incredible thing is, ALL the evidence he needed to make that gamble was nothing more than the look on Katakuri’s face. By seeing his pale face, a gut feeling of sorts, he was ready to make a gamble that there was a chance of victory. By announcing to everyone that he is a traitor by calling to his allies like a complete badass, he proved to everyone he has guts. Typically he may rely on strategy like quick assassinations, ambushes, disguises, but he is completely willing to get his hands dirty and directly gamble his life over nothing more than the look on his enemies face. I was completely blown away, and his depraved smile as he refused and directly challenged Katakuri told me that this is in fact what he lives for. Facing impending doom in the face and banking on his victory. You know, other than living for his baby boy Pez! What a man!!!!! I would argue the only new aspect of his character that was revealed here was his gutsy quick thinking and decisive action, but his other character traits were at their best showing too.

Pudding, Jimbei, Brook, Bege, everyone is getting such great moments!!!!! And the chaos can go anywhere!!
Aug 9, 2021 6:40 PM

Sep 2015
I think Big Moms confusion to how she felt happend when Brook took off his face covering to reveal himself, which was a mistake, since Big Mom adored liked and valued Brook so much. I think if that didn't happen she would've ended up shrieking.

And it serves Judge right for treating Sanji terribly in the past, now he knows what it feels to be betrayed and felt tossed away like Sanji did, along with experiencing his emotionless sons, expecting them to do something or fear, and I bet he has some form of regrets now. His tears are so pleasing to look at, it would make out to be a very good wanted poster xD

And also the soundtrack that was played when Bege and Katakuri came face to face was just epic and perfect !!
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Aug 23, 2021 1:57 AM

Jun 2019
Katakuri is gonna go apeshit. It feels like that.

Judge crying made my day.
Sep 5, 2021 4:50 AM

Aug 2021
Sanji's fight was too good

Katakuri's gonna go berserk now
Nov 1, 2021 10:26 AM

May 2016
Getting betrayed and having everything you worked your whole life for go up in flames while your children couldn't give any less of a shit towards what's about to happen is a perfectly reasonable set of circumstances for a person to break down and cry their eyes out. Yet...despite all of that, I didn't expect Judge to look this pathetic.

It's more than noticeable that everyone in there's more pissed off than they've ever been in their entire lives. I wonder if Luffy will be able to get Big Mom over the edge this time!

Feb 14, 2023 7:16 AM

Jan 2016
Sanji's dad is such a loser, at least his brothers are always cold-hearted even in their demise, it's entertaining, but his dad, such a bloody failure.
This is hype!
can't beleive I dropped One Piece for so many years, me being busy plus seducing forest and such really annoyed me.

Feb 27, 4:39 AM
Oct 2019
Judge looking so pathetic, he is crying like a bitch LMAO
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chelleee - Sep 13, 2008

377 by TheStarscream759 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1015 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 23, 2022

476 by kappaisnew »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion ( 1 2 )

phantom346 - Apr 14

54 by LadyLeeMing »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 219 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kaito__Kid - Nov 17, 2009

60 by X1ma »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1011 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Feb 19, 2022

58 by Marcos-1 »»
Today, 6:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.