Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 4, 2018 10:05 PM
Sep 2017
Shounen anime at its finess.

Apr 5, 2018 8:32 AM
May 2015
AlexPrime said:
I liked Try a lot, one of the few who prefers its over the top action to the original. This one looks a lot like SAO or Ready Player One, which might not be a bad thing, but I hope that the battles will be just as good as in Try.

You're not alone, I liked TRY just as much as GBF but TRY wins just because it's VERY similar to G-Gundam which is one of my all time faves along with Wing, 00 and IBO. I also prefer melee fights in comparison to gun fights (unless big ass lasers involved)

Watched the two OVA's (GM counterattack and Island Wars) in prep for this and Island Wars was infinitely better than Counterattack.

Haven't watched ep yet but....I'm assuming this is NOT related to other GBF (cause it should've been that tournament cliffhanger from TRY)
Apr 5, 2018 9:15 AM
Apr 2017
SovereignSky said:
AlexPrime said:
I liked Try a lot, one of the few who prefers its over the top action to the original. This one looks a lot like SAO or Ready Player One, which might not be a bad thing, but I hope that the battles will be just as good as in Try.

You're not alone, I liked TRY just as much as GBF but TRY wins just because it's VERY similar to G-Gundam which is one of my all time faves along with Wing, 00 and IBO. I also prefer melee fights in comparison to gun fights (unless big ass lasers involved)

Watched the two OVA's (GM counterattack and Island Wars) in prep for this and Island Wars was infinitely better than Counterattack.

Haven't watched ep yet but....I'm assuming this is NOT related to other GBF (cause it should've been that tournament cliffhanger from TRY)

I also love G-Gundam. In fact, I prefer the non-traditional Gundam stories to the original continuity
Apr 5, 2018 12:07 PM

May 2016
VanishingKira said:

No way,didn't notice this earlier

Hmmmm.... it seems okay....despite being kinda childish ;p
Apr 5, 2018 12:21 PM

May 2016
Dysisa said:
Well that's definitely the worst first episode of anything in this whole franchise, which is pretty impressive in and of itself I guess.

Actually, I'm okay with anything
Apr 5, 2018 12:48 PM

May 2015
First episode was okay, I'll definitely give it chance.

That opening song is awful though. Will for sure be skipping it whenever possible.
Apr 6, 2018 10:06 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
It was because your expectations about this series were not fulfilled, but if you watch it how a new Gundam perspective, you will enjoy it because this time is not the time of war, if not time of game!!!
Also, the models Gundams that can combine to create another different is cool too!!!
Apr 7, 2018 1:57 PM

Jun 2013
the OP is nice at least
Apr 7, 2018 6:29 PM
Mar 2012
Seems fun & the usual vr stages as in GBF. See if they do anything with fulldive or AI concepts. Some recognizable & cool mechas. But bit random characters with loli dog/ferret commander elf ogre furry nekomimi panda naked shota & ninja.
Lol 00 gundam twirling sliding on gravel.
So many game elements, current gen game already so all of this seems natural.
Apr 7, 2018 8:39 PM

Apr 2015
Some of my impressions :

- The OP is ... subpar in comparaison of previous J-Rock songs we got from Back-On, the rap was sick though ... But I won't watch this one often. I'll hope for the 2nd one to stick with Fighters style of OP's.

- The tone is kinda light, in Fighters, you kinda got a sense of hopelessness from the characters early on. Sei was a bad fighter and got desesperate with his chance to participate in the Gunpla World Championship, while Fumina was trying to save the Gunpla school club they had.
Now everything is just so ... cheerful !! Not to say it's bad but ... meh ?

- Characters aren't special. They stick whatever trope they want from them. Bland, Cheerful and never giving up Shonen MC + Geeky sidekick.

- The VR setting is really interesting so far. They did go to some length to flesh out certain aspects of the game and it's world, which is explorable too.

- Fights are on par with what we had so far in the series, so I'm glad about that.

- I hope they'll emphasize on the diversity and ways of customizing your Gunpla, they were so much awesome stuff. Their designer really did a good job !

- Anywoo, It's the weakest 1st episode in the Gundam Build series we had so far but maybe it'll show stuff that'll make me change my mind and give it better score than Try.

Build Fighters OG seems to be untouchable yet again.
Apr 10, 2018 10:23 AM
Oct 2007
A pretty decent start. Episode 0 was actually more exciting than this but every story has to start somewhere I guess.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2018 11:13 PM

Nov 2012
The new season of Angelic Layer looks fantastic!

This looks like a fairly standard but potentially fun little toy-selling action show.
Apr 19, 2018 10:01 PM

Mar 2012
VanishingKira said:

No way,didn't notice this earlier

OH...

now that makes a lot of sense.
but i might be a bit disappointed by it.
Sep 7, 2020 10:13 AM

Dec 2017
Hmm I think I will like this more than Fighters tbh. The opening is really catchy, love it.
karrotStickSep 7, 2020 10:17 AM
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Dec 13, 2021 4:01 AM

Dec 2012
Riku. Yukki.
Oh snap! Dat Wing Zero EW!
Kyoya wins.
Dat girl.
Mikami Riku. 14.
Dat goal.
Hello, Nanami.
00 Gundam?
Dat dive.
LMAO at Patrick.
Magee.
Dat launch. 00 Diver.
The Leo attacked them again.
Dat SOS. A girls voice.
Another SOS? Dat guy.
Dat trick.
Riku won.
Dat ending.

Ok start. OP is ok. Nanami is so fine.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 19, 2023 10:43 PM

Feb 2019
Riku & Yukki are both so adorbz! And that volunteer GBN guide or whatever looks like a really fun character, I hope they form a party with him or something.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gundam Build Divers Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2018

34 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 21, 2023 10:05 PM

Poll: » Gundam Build Divers Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2018

14 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 21, 2023 12:32 AM

Poll: » Gundam Build Divers Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2018

11 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 20, 2023 11:54 PM

Poll: » Gundam Build Divers Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2018

15 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 20, 2023 11:30 PM

Poll: » Gundam Build Divers Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2018

10 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 20, 2023 11:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.