Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 18, 2018 4:57 PM
Mar 2018
Ok, I've looked everywhere for this problem and can't find it anywhere. i bought the digital version for about 30 dollars on JSAT. It downloaded with no problems but when i opened the game and pushed start it went black and went right back to the title screen. I was pretty upset but i figured something might be wrong with the digital version since every problem i looked up mentioned "insert disc 2." I bought the disc version and go both disc. They installed no problem after i deleted the existing school days files but the same problem occurred when i pushed start and it took me back to the title screen like nothing just happened. Any suggestions? did i do something wrong?
Mar 19, 2018 5:27 AM
Jul 2018
Copy the files directly from the disc. It's a known problem.
Mar 19, 2018 6:49 PM
Mar 2018
So i just copy the files from the disc and put them in the same folder, no re-installation required?
Mar 19, 2018 8:09 PM

Sep 2011
You should try it first before asking.

But yes copy the files from the disc without re-installing. But if the problem still persists, then try re-installing then after re-installation, copy the files from the disc to School Days folder then try again to run the visual novel.

Mar 20, 2018 6:16 PM
Mar 2018
Alright tell me if i'm doing something wrong here: ive copied every file that wasn't an installer or an icon and put it in the school day overflow folder but it's still not working. could it be that i need to get windows 7 or something?

Also this is probably getting annoying but you two have been a huge help as i couldn't find this issue anywhere else, thank you
Mar 21, 2018 3:36 AM

Sep 2011
What's your OS? I don't think your OS should be an issue since the minimum OS requirement is Windows XP and never mentioned the maximum requirement although there could be some issues on Windows 10.

Unfortunately I can't really help much here since I never played School Days. And sadly there are very few visual novel players here on this forum so there's a small chance that anyone can actually help you solve your problem. Maybe you should try asking on Fuwanovel forums or my best bet is on Reddit.

Mar 21, 2018 8:25 AM

Oct 2009
Before going that far and reinstalling the OS I would download it from sukebei.nyaa and see if that works. If it works then it's not the OS, if it doesn't then go ahead and try that.
GogettersMar 21, 2018 8:28 AM

More topics from this board

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

56 by BitChilly »»
2 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

12 by Astachanna »»
2 hours ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

525 by Timeline_man »»
3 hours ago

» Stellar Blade Preview: Sekiro Meets NieR: Automata?

deg - Feb 1

28 by Shizuna »»
5 hours ago

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

141 by Kajiuran »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.