Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2018 8:00 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
OMG! Lots of lots of new scenes and I am loving it!

The story as expected, primarily focuses on Asuka. But overall it looks like worth watching as it touched more on Asuka's family situation and also Kumiko's situation with Mamiko. Unlike the first recap movie, it also has significant amount of Mamiko and Shuuichi contents (including some new scenes!) although the Mamiko and Kumiko final scene is replaced by Asuka and Kumiko. A bit sad though seeing Reina having so few content.

Edit: As promised, here are the reasons why you may want to consider watching the movie. To begin with there is approximately 20 minutes worth of new content or new cuts.

New Contents/Cuts:

Exclusions:

Changes in Timeline:

Changes in Romance:

Overall, I really enjoyed the movie. I gave it a 9/10 despite of the fact that four fifth of the content is just recap. But the pacing is much better than season 1's recap with a lot of new contents (a fifth of new content is actually A LOT for a recap movie). I couldn't have asked for any more than this. :)
shanimebibMar 12, 2018 5:42 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 30, 2018 9:22 AM

Jul 2012
Well couldn't really wait anymore so decided finally watch it with my poor understanding. Even with that understood pretty much all the stuff, obv watched the season so it helped, but couple of phrases were still difficult to translate.

The movie was amazing, still can't stop being amazed by the animation from Kyoto, the movie was just an eyecandy. And sometimes really interested/want to question about their reasoing for new works, well obv it might be just not for me, but i really want to watch more of Kyoto animation stuff.

Don't remember it being that way but in the movie it felt that Reina's role was very minimal mb because of the cuts, Midori and Hazuki's roles were very small in the season, so i hope in the later movies for their 2nd year they will get more focus. Didn't really notice it in the season, but thought that it wa pretty cool that Midori was playing bass (just for that thought small collaboration for K-on and Tutti quartet (do they have that name?!) would be interesting and funny to watch).
Haruka's solo is still one of my favorite moments of the season, really love sax and always wanted to try, mb one day ...

Kumiko and Asuka's moments were amazing yet again, two of them smiling on the beach after Asuka's solo!!! The movie felt like it was very focused on Asuka obv alongside Kumiko, pretty much the same amount of screentime. And little Asuka is so cute, the moment when she unpacked her Eupho!

The only complaint that they cut out Kumiko and Mamiko's moment after the performance, it was pretty important and therefore felt a bit underwheling in that moment.

Overall 9/10, enjoyed it very much (really wish it was subbed). Hope one day to watch Liz to aoi tori, a long time still for that, if only there was a screening in my city =( And would be really interesting to see a movie with Kumiko not in a lead role even if she is one of my favorite characters. And very excited one day to see their 2nd year ... Still should rewatch all the stuff.
allenjkeApr 30, 2018 9:26 AM
Nov 7, 2019 8:58 AM
May 2019
As I finished watching it I keep getting a deja vu' feeling from it like I watched it before. I couldn't find it on my list, so either I watched it or this movie went into more detail from the last episode of the series. Either way, I loved it.
Which one do you want? An Addiction or A Good Life?
A) Addiction - a progressive narrowing of the things that bring you pleasure.
B) A Good Life - a progressive expansion of the things that bring you pleasure and includes pleasure through motivation and hard work.
Mar 4, 2020 5:13 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great recap movie, albeit a little down from the first in my honest opinion.

To be frankly honest, I was surprised by a lot of the omissions and one in particular that was really bewildering but the new scenes certainly was a nice treat. Without further ado, the omission that most hindered the experience for me was the exclusion of the final make-up between Kumiko and her Onee-chan. I know that segment wasn't intended to be the highlight but having laid the platform, I couldn't help but be a little down with that. And the moments following the cut didn't really help the cause, I'm afraid.

Prior to watching this movie, I came to know that a couple of entire (sub-) arcs, that being the Mizore-Nozomi duo (Liz to Aoi Tori got me covered though) and Taki-sensei's bit (which is really unfortunate because I loved it), were overlooked here but I feel like there were bits from even from the focused route that were absent, much to my surprise and mild disappointment. A bit of a rushed pacing in the early second half of the movie too, that's a little nitpick from my side.

But, keeping those points aside, the newly added scenes, especially of young Asuka-senpai at the start and the final wondrous addition between her and Kumiko, were fabulous! Definitely added a lot in terms of the emotional buildup, in particular. Skipping an entire portion of the story, you'd always need a good excuse for that but I believe this was worth it at the end of the day.

Feeling like I graduated a year with this cast too! I love how this show has got that in it.

But hey, I'd love to see more of Taki-sensei's "bit" in future installments. Sadly, not much of Natsuki-senpai either but I haven't lost hope just yet. ;-;

Kumiko out with the much-anticipated words to Asuka-senpai and that outburst to amplify it during the scene before the mock results was just as fantastic as I remember it to be as well. Brilliant stuff!

Going to give this a generous 8/10, and looking forward to giving the 3rd Movie a watch later today (if possible)!
_MushiRock11_Mar 4, 2020 5:18 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 9, 2020 6:26 PM
Mar 2017
I really enjoyed the last two recaps it's so good
Sep 7, 2020 1:14 PM

Jul 2015
Basically a recap for the second season which means the third movie must contain some new sequel material. Didn't realise until watching this movie, but Asuka played a pretty big part in season 2 with the new scenes here were nice to see. Kinda sad they cut out many other parts like for example
or also

Sep 7, 2020 8:26 PM
Jun 2017
Luckily, Asuka didn't end up like her bitter witch mum. This witch whines about being a single parent when she's the sucker who kept her ex from his child. Vice Principal was such a simp with Asuka's mum. Kumiko's parents are also full of crap.
Kumiko was basically the messenger between Mamiko & Asuka, it's almost like they should meet.
If Shuuichi didn't happen to see Mamiko, she & Kumiko would've probably continued their crappy miscommunication.
It's usually not the best paying career but Asuka could've pursued music. Maybe she could study under her dad at university like that woman who studied marimba under her mum irl.

How dare they cut Azusa calling Haruka's solo cool!

As someone pointed out, Asuka was prominent in S1 but largely excluded from recap movie 1 since she'd be the focus of recap movie 2. & they did the same thing again with Nozo X Mizo melodrama by excluding it here since it was focused on in Liz & Bluebird. They still could've hinted the Asuka setup in Recap 1 & the Nozo X Mizo setup in Recap 2.
Jan 31, 6:42 AM

Feb 2019
I quite enjoyed this movie. Despite being a recap movie, it had far more new scenes than I thought and I think the Asuka scenes were quite well-placed to anchor the story and transition from scene to scene. Of course, not to mention that any new Hibike! Euphonium content is always welcome :D and wow that was A LOT of new content. Much better than the first recap movie, which really was a recap with the addition of full performances. This is probably one of the best recap movies I've ever watched.

Thank you so much to @shanimebib for recapping what the new scenes are, how this differed from the series, and what they omitted!
Mar 20, 8:30 PM

May 2021
My gosh the feels are running wild after watching the 2nd recap movie. So many good scenes that I had forgotten from the second season, and a lot of new ones too that were excellent. Asuka-senpai is such a good character I loved every second of her and Kumiko together. I'm so glad I decided to watch the recap movie as a supplement to the new season coming out this April. I sometimes forget how much I adore this series but never again! Time to watch the 3rd movie and the Ensemble Contest Arc and I'll be ready to push down the new season ♡

More topics from this board

» Can I watch this instead of season 2?

yoooowazzzup - Mar 18

5 by firemint149 »»
Mar 18, 7:53 PM

» New scene?

haylE15 - Dec 19, 2017

3 by shannay »»
Mar 25, 2023 5:25 AM

» Will we get this fansubbed?

Levii-san - Mar 13, 2018

3 by Bell_cz »»
Dec 30, 2018 9:59 AM

» PV is out for Todoketai Melody

shanimebib - Aug 1, 2017

5 by shanimebib »»
Oct 30, 2017 7:33 AM

» They should reuse voice recordings from series

kamil88 - Mar 13, 2017

23 by VileFae »»
Oct 10, 2017 5:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.