Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 13, 2017 1:54 PM

Jun 2012
Tomoyo Kurosawa (Kumiko) was fantastic in 2nd season, and im afraid if movie version will be as great :)
Mar 13, 2017 2:22 PM

Jul 2015
So is this like a recap of s2?
Mar 13, 2017 2:25 PM

Jun 2012
scruffs said:

Yes, it will be retelling of S2, like previous Movie was retelling of S1
Mar 13, 2017 2:50 PM

Dec 2010
kamil88 said:

Oh. Taking off the PTW list meow.
Mar 13, 2017 3:03 PM

Aug 2015
Why not? I love Euphonium! <3
Mar 13, 2017 3:32 PM

Jul 2012
TuyNOM said:

I like it too, but watching a recap isn't really all that entertaining, unless it somehow manages to be super engrossing and reveal a lot of interesting stuff not from the anime.
Mar 13, 2017 3:35 PM

Aug 2015
Nuclearducky said:
TuyNOM said:

I like it too, but watching a recap isn't really all that entertaining, unless it somehow manages to be super engrossing and reveal a lot of interesting stuff not from the anime.

I agree with you. I'll watch it when I have time and this film isn't my priority at all. I prefer to revisit the entire series in episodes. But since Euphonium is adapted by KyoAni, there is a good chance that the film still has better animation. (The series was already wonderful at the level of art ...)
Mar 13, 2017 7:02 PM

Feb 2016
TuyNOM said:
Nuclearducky said:

I agree with you. I'll watch it when I have time and this film isn't my priority at all. I prefer to revisit the entire series in episodes. But since Euphonium is adapted by KyoAni, there is a good chance that the film still has better animation. (The series was already wonderful at the level of art ...)

I'd be down to see better animation.

Hibike has some of the best animation and art direction I've ever seen.

Mar 13, 2017 10:44 PM
Oct 2015
Usually people say, if it gets a recap movie it will get another season. So, what are the chances of a Hibike 3 ?
Mar 14, 2017 12:53 AM

Jul 2012
More Hibike is always appreciated, i hope they'll add new content like it was with the first movie. As much as i want 3rd season to happen highly doubt it will.
Mar 14, 2017 3:52 AM
Oct 2015
allenjke said:
More Hibike is always appreciated, i hope they'll add new content like it was with the first movie. As much as i want 3rd season to happen highly doubt it will.

They very much concluded the whole thing in the second season. Who knows, they might do something like Tamako Market Love Story.

By the way, what additional scenes were added in the first movie ?
Mar 14, 2017 8:09 AM

Jul 2012
Renz1er said:
allenjke said:

They very much concluded the whole thing in the second season. Who knows, they might do something like Tamako Market Love Story.

The festival performance, i think it was pretty good addition and quite long.
Mar 14, 2017 4:27 PM

Aug 2015
Saucy said:
TuyNOM said:

I'd be down to see better animation.

Hibike has some of the best animation and art direction I've ever seen.

Totally agree.
If you want to watch a series with excellent artistic direction, I recommend 3-Gatsu no Lion. :)
Mar 14, 2017 11:50 PM
Oct 2015
allenjke said:
Renz1er said:

The festival performance, i think it was pretty good addition and quite long.

Thanks for the information. I'll check it out, as soon as I can.
Mar 15, 2017 8:48 PM

Jul 2013
Renz1er said:
Usually people say, if it gets a recap movie it will get another season. So, what are the chances of a Hibike 3 ?

this is what i was thinking!!! one can hope...
Apr 4, 2017 6:25 PM

Nov 2007
kamil88 said:
scruffs said:

It's not a retelling. It will be the same. As in a summary movie just like the previous movie that came out after season 1. Unless you are confusing the meaning, "retelling" means the story is told noticeably differently (as in telling the story differently than how it was told before and thus the use of the word, sometimes also referred as "Alternative Setting") than how it was presented earlier, usually with different conclusion or in case of the same conclusion, the different path it takes to reach that conclusion.

Examples of retelling: Clannad and Clannad After Story that came out after the Clannad Movie; ongoing Evangelion movies that came out after Neon Genesis Evangelion etc.

Example of summary movies: the first two Madoka Magica movies, Death & Rebirth (Evangelion TV Series), Kyoukai no Kanata: Kako-hen (first movie) etc.

Renz1er said:

Close to nil. There is nothing much to adapt in the source material in the first place. We have experienced the same through Hyouka (Koten-bu Series) in the past from KyoAni.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 4, 2017 9:16 PM
Oct 2015
shanimebib said:
Renz1er said:

Close to nil. There is nothing much to adapt in the source material in the first place. We have experienced the same through Hyouka (Koten-bu Series) in the past from KyoAni.

You're wrong there, it's not the source material. It's the story itself. They have nothing more to follow up with, the story is concluded. I was only hoping if they could do something like Tamako Love Story; emphasize on hoping. However, if you're talking about source material. It seems the manga-ka ended the manga and did a sequel after the anime was announced. She ended the second manga just one month before the second season's airing time. In that sense, if she deems fit, she might pull off another sequel after the movie release.

Koten-bu Series was based on the first 4 volumes of the novel and the last novel the author released was in 2010. Hence, the lack of source material made the series unable to get another season. Heard there was a 6th volume release in Nov 16. Again, hoping they can do another season. Really loved the anime.
Apr 4, 2017 10:35 PM

Nov 2007
Renz1er said:
shanimebib said:

You're wrong there, it's not the source material. It's the story itself. They have nothing more to follow up with, the story is concluded. I was only hoping if they could do something like Tamako Love Story; emphasize on hoping. However, if you're talking about source material. It seems the manga-ka ended the manga and did a sequel after the anime was announced. She ended the second manga just one month before the second season's airing time. In that sense, if she deems fit, she might pull off another sequel after the movie release.

Koten-bu Series was based on the first 4 volumes of the novel and the last novel the author released was in 2010. Hence, the lack of source material made the series unable to get another season. Heard there was a 6th volume release in Nov 16. Again, hoping they can do another season. Really loved the anime.

I am well aware that Koten-bu Series was on hiatus and only just recently returned with the sixth volume. The reason I said what I said is because I am well informed about Hibike! Euphonium novels (yes, novels) and NOT the manga, because the manga is just another adaptation (albeit slightly changed) from the original novel from Takeda-sensei as the anime version is.

Volume 2 and 3 were already out before season 1. But both volumes were originally outside the scope of the anime until they decided to include first Mizore midway the season (shown playing on her own in the corridor), and then Nozomi in the final episode (showing up in during the Kyoto competition amongst the audiences) during the anime production period. Volume 4, which is a collection of short stories, and then considered the final volume came out during the run of the first season prompting both positive and negative feedback in the forums because of a certain something revealed in it.

There is source material available that is NOT covered, but the parts that are not covered are very limited from the original novel. Particularly notable ones are parts from volume 3 (Taki's younger days) and parts from volume 4 (involving Midori's passion about her hobbies, Shuuichi's role in the bass-band and Kumiko's || confession|| <--- Select/Highlight to read). Also there are three separate volumes, 2 covering Rikka High with Azusa as the protagonist and the third being Kitauji and Rikka performing together.

If that is not all, Takeda-sensei also mentioned in one of her personal tweets that she is overwhelmed by the fans showing huge admiration for her story and particularly their affection for Kumiko, Reina, Asuka and Shuuichi (yes, he is popular amongst Japanese fans) and she wants to write a continuation of Kumiko's journey as a second and third year student being a member of the Kitauji Bass Band to show her gratitude towards her fans. But all of these will have to wait until she has finished working on her latest detective novel.

This brings me back to my original comment. Kyoto Animation doesn't usually return to a series that has been on hiatus or lacking source material. They don't have a record for that so if they want to go completely anime original, they would have to acquire the IP for that novel which is own by third party (novel publisher) and Takeda-sensei herself. Comparing it with TLS doesn't make sense, because Tamako Market was anime original and KyoAni basically owned it which is not the case for either Koten-bu Series or Hibike! Euphonium. If they want to make a sequel movie, it's an entirely different ball game.

I am on the same boat as you. It's one of my all time favourite anime and sits in my all time top 10. But realistically, I don't see them making a movie. Hell, I will be the first one to throw a party if they announced a movie sequel because if that were to happen I know they will go the novel route because they have nicely set it up for it to happen. That is Kumiko always had || feelings for Shuuichi. And she will starts going out with him. Childhood friend cliche? Like I even care. I have been a shipper since she dropped her egg roll back in episode 7 of season 1. :P|| <--- Select/Highlight to read.

Coronavirus.
Apr 14, 2017 7:14 PM
Jun 2016
Is this recap or something else?
Jun 6, 2017 1:31 AM
Oct 2015
shanimebib said:
Renz1er said:

I am well aware that Koten-bu Series was on hiatus and only just recently returned with the sixth volume. The reason I said what I said is because I am well informed about Hibike! Euphonium novels (yes, novels) and NOT the manga, because the manga is just another adaptation (albeit slightly changed) from the original novel from Takeda-sensei as the anime version is.

Volume 2 and 3 were already out before season 1. But both volumes were originally outside the scope of the anime until they decided to include first Mizore midway the season (shown playing on her own in the corridor), and then Nozomi in the final episode (showing up in during the Kyoto competition amongst the audiences) during the anime production period. Volume 4, which is a collection of short stories, and then considered the final volume came out during the run of the first season prompting both positive and negative feedback in the forums because of a certain something revealed in it.

There is source material available that is NOT covered, but the parts that are not covered are very limited from the original novel. Particularly notable ones are parts from volume 3 (Taki's younger days) and parts from volume 4 (involving Midori's passion about her hobbies, Shuuichi's role in the bass-band and Kumiko's || confession|| <--- Select/Highlight to read). Also there are three separate volumes, 2 covering Rikka High with Azusa as the protagonist and the third being Kitauji and Rikka performing together.

If that is not all, Takeda-sensei also mentioned in one of her personal tweets that she is overwhelmed by the fans showing huge admiration for her story and particularly their affection for Kumiko, Reina, Asuka and Shuuichi (yes, he is popular amongst Japanese fans) and she wants to write a continuation of Kumiko's journey as a second and third year student being a member of the Kitauji Bass Band to show her gratitude towards her fans. But all of these will have to wait until she has finished working on her latest detective novel.

This brings me back to my original comment. Kyoto Animation doesn't usually return to a series that has been on hiatus or lacking source material. They don't have a record for that so if they want to go completely anime original, they would have to acquire the IP for that novel which is own by third party (novel publisher) and Takeda-sensei herself. Comparing it with TLS doesn't make sense, because Tamako Market was anime original and KyoAni basically owned it which is not the case for either Koten-bu Series or Hibike! Euphonium. If they want to make a sequel movie, it's an entirely different ball game.

I am on the same boat as you. It's one of my all time favourite anime and sits in my all time top 10. But realistically, I don't see them making a movie. Hell, I will be the first one to throw a party if they announced a movie sequel because if that were to happen I know they will go the novel route because they have nicely set it up for it to happen. That is Kumiko always had || feelings for Shuuichi. And she will starts going out with him. Childhood friend cliche? Like I even care. I have been a shipper since she dropped her egg roll back in episode 7 of season 1. :P|| <--- Select/Highlight to read.

Hope you seen this already, mate.

"The franchise will receive two new movies, along with the recap movie. The recap movie Todoketai Melody will be directed by Taichi Ogawa (Tamako Love Story unit director), Mizore to Nozomi no Monogatari will be directed by Naoko Yamada (Koe no Katachi), and 2-nensei ni Natta Kumiko-tachi will be directed by Tatsuya Ishihara (Hibike! Euphonium)."
Jun 6, 2017 7:46 PM

Nov 2007
Renz1er said:
Hope you seen this already, mate.

Yep. And it seems Takeda also followed up on her words (tweet actually) to write sequels with Kumiko in her 2nd and third years. :)
Coronavirus.
Jun 9, 2017 1:31 AM
Oct 2015
shanimebib said:
Yep. And it seems Takeda also followed up on her words (tweet actually) to write sequels with Kumiko in her 2nd and third years. :)

If I had to guess. I'll say, they will do another competition story for the 2nd year, only this time they will win the gold. For 3rd year, they may use Tamako Market Love Story's idea and might do Kumiko x Shuuichi. But, then again they're just assumptions.
Jun 9, 2017 3:40 AM

Nov 2007
Renz1er said:
shanimebib said:

If I had to guess. I'll say, they will do another competition story for the 2nd year, only this time they will win the gold. For 3rd year, they may use Tamako Market Love Story's idea and might do Kumiko x Shuuichi. But, then again they're just assumptions.

Yep. These are all speculations so far as far as the anime is concerned.

But in the novel, Kumiko

Also in the anime, they have changed a certain interaction between Kumiko and Asuka.

In the final episode, Kumiko is seen visibly uncomfortable with Shuichi when they were walking back from school before being interrupted by Asuka. In the anime, Asuka teases Kumiko that she needs to be honest if there was something between Shuichi and her.

But in the novel, Kumiko

I doubt the upcoming third movie will follow the novel in that aspect, but one of the more favoured outcome would be that they are going to win gold. Everything Shuichi says comes to be in the story as if he can predict the future and in the final episode of the anime, he does talk about the prospect of winning gold in the nationals in their second year.

Kumiko Love Story or not, another movie with Kumiko in her third year? I will take that! I am in love with this anime so the more I will get, the happier I will be! :)
Coronavirus.
Oct 10, 2017 5:12 PM

Jun 2012
shanimebib said:
kamil88 said:

It's not a retelling. It will be the same. As in a summary movie just like the previous movie that came out after season 1.

Thank you. I really hate how people don't specify this with summaries, recaps or retellings in the synopsis or the forums.
Welcome to club: Anime that Should Continue
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=37045

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Movie: Todoketai Melody Episode 1 Discussion

shanimebib - Mar 11, 2018

8 by Horizon248 »»
Mar 20, 8:30 PM

» Can I watch this instead of season 2?

yoooowazzzup - Mar 18

5 by firemint149 »»
Mar 18, 7:53 PM

» New scene?

haylE15 - Dec 19, 2017

3 by shannay »»
Mar 25, 2023 5:25 AM

» Will we get this fansubbed?

Levii-san - Mar 13, 2018

3 by Bell_cz »»
Dec 30, 2018 9:59 AM

» PV is out for Todoketai Melody

shanimebib - Aug 1, 2017

5 by shanimebib »»
Oct 30, 2017 7:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.