Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A.I.C.O. Incarnation
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2018 1:40 AM

Sep 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The Matter Human forms were weird once again, and they finally cleared the gate. The little actions bits were okay but nothing stellar.

Mod Edit: Also, don't make episode threads when you haven't watched the episode, especially when you copy and paste the Netflix "summary", which wasn't even what happened in the episode.
Mar 10, 2018 2:21 AM
Nov 2011
Tachibana functions more like a question device than a character. She's not very interesting.

The one dimensional evil government type lady doesn't seem to be very exciting either. I already get the feeling she's going to lose, so they don't need to bother showing her every 10 minutes.

The diver team is more interesting to watch and follow.

Why's the electricity still functioning and are important areas magically Matter free? I guess the anime relies on a lot of convenience.
shion_shuMar 10, 2018 2:33 AM
Mar 11, 2018 5:41 PM

Sep 2011
aaayyy i actually had fun finally, plot wise things seem pretty poor with generic evil company exploiting world ending crisis staight out of "aliens", and none of the characters have anything going for them and doubt they ever will greatly taking away from what could be intense stuff, but the episode had alot of cool setpieces, the matter is really cool as an enemy especially if they do stuff with it evolving which i assume its hinting at, and there was even slight world building in way of that gate explaining a decent amount how the world hasnt been overun yet.

its just a damned shame the writing is so sub par, if they actually took the time to give me any reason to care for any of these people, i could see these situations getting super intense especially cause they will likely start killing characters off soonish. Tachibana is the only one i can kind of say i got something resembling an attachment to just cause she is a normal girl dragged into this horror show and thats enough for at least basic sympathy i guess Doctor guy might wind up being a potentially ok character depending on what they do with him, just not sure what they can or will do with him.

The big thing to note here, is I'm a real sucker for these types of survival settings, one of my big guilty pleasures, and this setting is starting to remind me alot of the later sections of biomeat where the world was getting overrun and these disgusting gory looking monsters were covering large portions of land. So its more or less an unfair advantage on this shows part to elicit this type of reaction from me more so than showing actual improvement.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 15, 2018 8:02 AM

Nov 2013
Aiko was administered a drug, that suppresses matter activity. Makes sense.

Of course, part of the government wants to exploit the matter instead of destroying it. And they desperately need Aiko.

The Guillotine Shutter was cool and allowed a respite. Downside is, that the authorities now know, that Aiko and the others are in the Zone.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Mar 18, 2018 2:56 PM

May 2012
Another great episode if you ask me! Really looking forwards to see what's next.
Apr 30, 2018 12:27 PM

Jun 2010
The plot doesn't seem to change anymore.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2019 7:15 AM

Jun 2014
I'm only watching this because the animation is gorgeous, stunning action work, but I expect that from original Bones anime. Very consistent.
:3
Feb 8, 2020 11:14 AM

Nov 2015
A competition in this extremely serious situation? hmm..
after seeing these events of a matter of life and death i can compare the red goo with a considerable amount of blood cells and plasma. very think blood, heck! even the menstruation shares those characteristics.

Also, don't excrete aiko chan or the goo will get you (?) xD

đź’˘

Jun 27, 2020 8:48 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
The Guillotine Shutter was really nice. Really want to know how this finishes

Nov 5, 2022 2:37 PM
Apr 2022
I haven't finished the whole episode yet, but I love how sassy the red-head girl was to Aico!

More topics from this board

Poll: » A.I.C.O.: Incarnation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tyrel - Mar 9, 2018

87 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 23, 11:56 AM

Poll: » A.I.C.O.: Incarnation Episode 1 Discussion

Tyrel - Mar 9, 2018

37 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
Aug 17, 2023 8:06 AM

Poll: » A.I.C.O.: Incarnation Episode 2 Discussion

Tyrel - Mar 9, 2018

15 by 1uchan »»
Jul 25, 2023 7:54 PM

Poll: » A.I.C.O.: Incarnation Episode 6 Discussion

Tyrel - Mar 9, 2018

9 by OgregO »»
Jul 24, 2023 3:35 PM

» The Dub is Garbage

demision - Apr 11, 2018

8 by sometaters »»
Dec 5, 2022 4:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.