Forum Settings
Forums

Are girls really attracted to the playboy/"alpha" type?

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Mar 10, 2018 7:01 PM

Oct 2014
Scud said:
5 whole pages of this embarrassing tripe.

*Passes the popcorn*

Better to just admire the fireworks
Mar 10, 2018 7:25 PM
Jan 2013
Women only want the top of the top.Women think that those that are 2nd place or worst are deemed to be undeserving of life and deserve to be killed off,especially now.

Mar 10, 2018 7:56 PM

Apr 2013
aiji_hotaru said:
What an interesting thread.. (5 pages? o_O)

To answer, guys with that trait are not attractive at all (playboys, I mean).
But we sure are attracted to men with backbone.
idk high cheek bones are usually enough for me
Mar 10, 2018 7:57 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
yomachi said:
I've already killed 3 other males and my dad. Am I an alpha yet? :D

No, you also need to swear allegiance to the alt-right and post at least 7k MAL comments in CE to prove your loyalty. Also no :D allowed.

If you feel like laughing (which is considered kinda gay) you have two options:

"HAHA" - ironic/psychopathic laughter, used mainly after sarcastic statements.

"I see the left is doing their best to advance mankind, HAHA"

":))))))" - used after an edgy joke or when you are pissed off at something

"I love the smell of napalm early in the morning :))))))"
"At least I'm not a cuck :))))))"

And don't forget to talk about anti-SJWism, weight lifting, war, conspiracies, etc.
Mar 10, 2018 9:03 PM

Apr 2016
@--ALEX--

I mean all girls are different, but personally, I like it in moderation. I've learned from experience that guys who're more the "beta" type can be quite tiring to be with. I end up making all the decisions and they never really give me an opinion so I kinda feel like a micro-manager; especially in the first months of the relationship when I don't know their taste too well. Asked my ex where he wanted to go for lunch one day, he says "anywhere you love cuz I love you". Take him to get crepes. He waits till he GETS THERE to be like, "I don't like crepes"; WTF. I don't think that's cute or endearing, me just sitting there looking at you with only a glass of water. And then there's those guys who sound like they ripped of an Ed Sheeran song, it's nice that I'm a guy's #1, but it's kinda boring being with someone who acts like their whole world is about me; I have parents for that (Lol, jk).

For girls, like me, who have such busy schedules, a man who takes action to guarantee time with you is attractive. A man willing to plan and take initiative in a relationship is even hotter. A man who takes on chores is A F***ING KEEPER!! Granted, I don't like cocky d***s who think they can order s*** for you and act like being their lover is a privilege. That's why I like it in moderation, if anything I like a confident guy with an opinion.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 2018 9:55 PM

Apr 2011
CJ_Kiyoruki said:
I've learned from experience that guys who're more the "beta" type can be quite tiring to be with. I end up making all the decisions and they never really give me an opinion so I kinda feel like a micro-manager; especially in the first months of the relationship when I don't know their taste too well.

"What do you wanna eat for dinner?"
"I don't know. What do you feel like eating?"
"I don't know, what do you wanna eat?"
"Nevermind I'm not hungry ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"
Mar 10, 2018 10:01 PM

Apr 2016
yomachi said:
"What do you wanna eat for dinner?"
"I don't know. What do you feel like eating?"
"I don't know, what do you wanna eat?"
"Nevermind I'm not hungry ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

Lmao, I'd be rich if I had a dollar for every time that's happened to me. That and when they say, "I'll go anywhere you love, baby" only for them to show and go, "Yeah, not a fan of Thai food." :/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 2018 10:47 PM

Dec 2016
CJ_Kiyoruki said:
@--ALEX--

I mean all girls are different, but personally, I like it in moderation. I've learned from experience that guys who're more the "beta" type can be quite tiring to be with. I end up making all the decisions and they never really give me an opinion so I kinda feel like a micro-manager; especially in the first months of the relationship when I don't know their taste too well. Asked my ex where he wanted to go for lunch one day, he says "anywhere you love cuz I love you". Take him to get crepes. He waits till he GETS THERE to be like, "I don't like crepes"; WTF. I don't think that's cute or endearing, me just sitting there looking at you with only a glass of water. And then there's those guys who sound like they ripped of an Ed Sheeran song, it's nice that I'm a guy's #1, but it's kinda boring being with someone who acts like their whole world is about me; I have parents for that (Lol, jk).

For girls, like me, who have such busy schedules, a man who takes action to guarantee time with you is attractive. A man willing to plan and take initiative in a relationship is even hotter. A man who takes on chores is A F***ING KEEPER!! Granted, I don't like cocky d***s who think they can order s*** for you and act like being their lover is a privilege. That's why I like it in moderation, if anything I like a confident guy with an opinion.

...You expect an "Alpha" to do chores? lol. Besides your a psychology student don't you feel that Social Dominance Theory much better explains the situations that you have experienced then the whole bunk "Alpha" theory?
Mar 10, 2018 11:47 PM

Nov 2016
Cbr_Star said:

...You expect an "Alpha" to do chores? lol. Besides your a psychology student don't you feel that Social Dominance Theory much better explains the situations that you have experienced then the whole bunk "Alpha" theory?

I live in a hostel, and pretty much every guy who does his 'chores', and does not rely on his roommates, is of the confident, assertive, type. The 'timid' ones are usually pampered so they either think themselves too above chores or too beneath them (i.e they get overwhelmed with thoughts of 'will I look embarrassing?', 'can I even do it properly?' etc). My previous roommate was -- ok, fuck it -- 'alpha' but also pampered; even still, he took responsibility of his chores and preferred to do them by himself.

SDT applies to groups, mainly what sort of groupings will different individuals prefer. It doesn't apply here.

CJ_Kiyoruki said:

I had the same issues with my ex, and even some friends, in the past and I'm a male. According to people, I'm assertive and know how to have my way. Do alpha guys like alpha women too? lol this shitty tabloid theory.
Mar 11, 2018 12:19 AM

Apr 2016
Cbr_Star said:

Yes, I would expect an "alpha" male to do chores; not all of them, but chores. Personally cleaning one's house allows someone to manage their personal environment and determine its organization, therefore, I don't think that cleaning would be out of character for an "alpha". Also if you consider the characteristics and backgrounds of myself and my ex-lover, than it'd be rash to say my experiences could be explained by Social Dominance. Not to mention, Social Dominance is primarily used to explain social groups, it's not really used to explain personal relationships. Of course, I didn't include those facts in my little anecdote (that would make it too long and irrelevant) so the fact that you were mistaken is understandable. :)
Mar 11, 2018 12:24 AM

Apr 2016
[quote=Thanakos message=54312811]
Cbr_Star said:
I had the same issues with my ex, and even some friends, in the past and I'm a male. According to people, I'm assertive and know how to have my way. Do alpha guys like alpha women too? lol this shitty tabloid theory.

Lol, hard to say, guess it would depend on the person. Some like the fire, others look for a "yes man".
Mar 11, 2018 3:11 AM

Jun 2012

Ah, every time I come back from a break I fall in love with the forums again lol.

I prefer alpha in the house but definitely wouldn't fall for an "all around alpha" who does all that alpha shit in public. It's just embarrassing imho. And never ever a playboy. But I like competing (for fun) with those guys about who has the best alpha features. I like being more alpha female in certain surroundings but prefer being beta in the house.

Eight-Man said:
Remember, be an artist, not an autist.

"If anything simply cannot go wrong it will anyway."

~ Murphy's 5th law
Mar 11, 2018 3:32 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
annmaryjay said:

Ah, every time I come back from a break I fall in love with the forums again lol.

I prefer alpha in the house but definitely wouldn't fall for an "all around alpha" who does all that alpha shit in public. It's just embarrassing imho. And never ever a playboy. But I like competing (for fun) with those guys about who has the best alpha features. I like being more alpha female in certain surroundings but prefer being beta in the house.

What?? I thought you were banned for that boob pic that I warned you to delete before the mods arrive and you didn't listen to me.

Fuck the house, I only care about women being alpha in a certain room.
Mar 11, 2018 3:36 AM

Jun 2012
149597871 said:
What?? I thought you were banned for that boob pic that I warned you to delete before the mods arrive and you didn't listen to me.

No way, I didn't even get a warning for that! :'D I was just sleeping through all my free time for a month lol.

Well in a certain room the guy needs to be extra alpha for me. Even if I prefer being beta in the house I end up being the alpha around the house too :'( Because the guys are being too soft ...
Eight-Man said:

~ Murphy's 5th law
Mar 11, 2018 3:45 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
annmaryjay said:
149597871 said:

No way, I didn't even get a warning for that! :'D I was just sleeping through all my free time for a month lol.

Well in a certain room the guy needs to be extra alpha for me.

Oh... how disappointing... no, no I meant the latter... Anyway, I thought we can truly advance mankind...

annmaryjay said:

Because the guys are being too soft ...

Yes, the effect of soy food finally kicks in!!

Sorry, I don't know what I'm typing anymore, welcome back to that wonderful place.

annmaryjay said:

Haha, I didn't mean THAT kind of soft you little perv. Oh, you didn't mean that either? I wonder which one is the perv here then ...

It took me like 5 minutes to figure out what was the perverted thing. I think the answer to your question is kinda obvious. Seems like soy food is working even better than I expected.
149597871Mar 11, 2018 3:55 AM
Mar 11, 2018 3:50 AM

Jun 2012
149597871 said:
annmaryjay said:

Well in a certain room the guy needs to be extra alpha for me.

Oh... how disappointing... no, no I meant the latter... Anyway, I thought we can truly advance mankind...

annmaryjay said:

Because the guys are being too soft ...

Yes, the effect of soy food finally kicks in!!

Sorry, I don't know what I'm typing anymore, welcome back to that wonderful place.

Haha, I didn't mean THAT kind of soft you little perv. Oh, you didn't mean that either? I wonder which one is the perv here then ...

Anyways, thank you very much, I'm sure I'll once again enjoy my stay ;)
Eight-Man said:

~ Murphy's 5th law
Mar 11, 2018 4:44 AM

Jul 2015
-Elegant- said:
I find funny people thinking that what it matters is 'Confidence' HAHAHAHA.

This video is a total redpill about looks, PUA and 'confidence'

Looks is all that matters.
I too like to keep my worldview as one-dimensional as possible to avoid confusing myself.

Why would I bother considering multiple variables that have effects of differing strength depending on the personality/experiences of the woman, if I could just scrap all of that and chalk everything up to one thing that is ridiculously easy to understand?

Maybe there could be.. feedback relationships between confidence and looks, where one thing inspires the other and vice versa? Maybe attractiveness is not a fixed variable but could change based on circumstance?

Yeah no, miss me with all of that complicated shit. It's only looks that matter, that's it. Problem solved.

Thanks for the redpill, bro
Railey2Mar 11, 2018 4:55 AM
"my life at this state could be transposed into a pretty massive biography"

- Cneq, "the guy who was literally using BTC in 2012 to make deals in the first main instance of a digital itemized economy forming naturally in all human history (also the precursor of NFTs) and who had 20k+ total trades.", 23 years old

MAL's most prolific antivaxxer, Noboru.
Mar 11, 2018 8:24 AM

Jan 2014
StarSwoardsman said:
ThrashMatto said:
"The issue with you is that you are looking at this from purely a logical perspective"
"You need to look at it from an emotional standpoint"
"The beta tries to be 100% logical and rational thinking"
"the alpha understands that being 100% logical and rational is a losing game"

previously on:

So either you don't understand your own beliefs, or by your own logic, you're a woman. I guess because I'm the only one of us looking at this from a logical perspective, by your own admission, you're not a man. Congrats on completely screwing up your own argument.

I'll ask once more. Do you have any scientific proof? Provide any if you do, otherwise you're just making it completely clear that you don't. The burden of proof is on you, since you're the one making the claim that alpha & beta applies to humans.

Would a supposed "alpha", as you seem to think of yourself, really run from an argument? Wouldn't an "alpha" put up a fight and prove their claims?

LOL. Good luck. Hope your way of life works for you.
And thanks to you for proving my point.
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Mar 11, 2018 11:06 AM

Dec 2016
CJ_Kiyoruki said:
Cbr_Star said:

Yes, I would expect an "alpha" male to do chores; not all of them, but chores. Personally cleaning one's house allows someone to manage their personal environment and determine its organization, therefore, I don't think that cleaning would be out of character for an "alpha". Also if you consider the characteristics and backgrounds of myself and my ex-lover, than it'd be rash to say my experiences could be explained by Social Dominance. Not to mention, Social Dominance is primarily used to explain social groups, it's not really used to explain personal relationships. Of course, I didn't include those facts in my little anecdote (that would make it too long and irrelevant) so the fact that you were mistaken is understandable. :)

That's the thing the Alpah-Beta theory was first used to explain how a "Group" of animals behave in a pack, and people have tried to use it for humans and it simply doesn't work.

I believe SDT does apply to your experience. You didn't like being the dominant one, instead you much rather be submissive maybe there's a better explanation for this?

Mar 11, 2018 11:14 AM

Jan 2018
Cbr_Star said:
CJ_Kiyoruki said:

That's the thing the Alpah-Beta theory was first used to explain how a "Group" of animals behave in a pack, and people have tried to use it for humans and it simply doesn't work.

I believe SDT does apply to your experience. You didn't like being the dominant one, instead you much rather be submissive maybe there's a better explanation for this?

Here's the thing, we are human animals. It's unbelievable how people think that their superior to animals just because we are human beings. That's not how it works at all.
Mar 11, 2018 11:53 AM

Dec 2016
StarSwoardsman said:
Cbr_Star said:

Here's the thing, we are human animals. It's unbelievable how people think that their superior to animals just because we are human beings. That's not how it works at all.

There's a huge difference in how humans and animals relate sexually. And that is humans can look at a sexual partner and say NO!. In the animal world the strongest and fittest automatically does get to mate with who ever it chooses. In human society if you ran around doing that hopefully you would be put in jail. Most humans find that behavior repugnant and wrong.
Mar 11, 2018 12:00 PM

Jan 2018
Cbr_Star said:
StarSwoardsman said:

There's a huge difference in how humans and animals relate sexually. And that is humans can look at a sexual partner and say NO!. In the animal world the strongest and fittest automatically does get to mate with who ever it chooses. In human society if you ran around doing that hopefully you would be put in jail. Most humans find that behavior repugnant and wrong.

You are being WAY too myopic about this.

Obviously we are civilized. But, in reality, we have the same animalistic urges that a Lion or Bear does. Back before modern society it was more like wild animals to begin with.

A modern alpha is someone who gets what he wants in a civil and legal way without abusing his power. A good example of a modern alpha is Leonardo DiCaprio. He is a huge movie star and always gets the projects that he wants done. If you read about how he got The Aviator and Wolf of Wallstreet made it's kinda brilliant. And, he gets tons of women as one of the Jonas brothers reported how he left a club with 20 women after he broke up with his girlfriend. He does this without having to use his power which is why (knock on wood) you'll never hear about him having a sexual allegation.
Mar 11, 2018 12:39 PM

Nov 2016
StarSwoardsman said:

Obviously we are civilized. But, in reality, we have the same animalistic urges that a Lion or Bear does. Back before modern society it was more like wild animals to begin with.

A modern alpha is someone who gets what he wants in a civil and legal way without abusing his power. A good example of a modern alpha is Leonardo DiCaprio. He is a huge movie star and always gets the projects that he wants done. If you read about how he got The Aviator and Wolf of Wallstreet made it's kinda brilliant. And, he gets tons of women as one of the Jonas brothers reported how he left a club with 20 women after he broke up with his girlfriend. He does this without having to use his power which is why (knock on wood) you'll never hear about him having a sexual allegation.

If your theory needs to be adjusted for every new observation, it's probably a very bad one.
Mar 11, 2018 12:40 PM

Dec 2016
StarSwoardsman said:
Cbr_Star said:

There's nothing "Alpha" about Danny Devito he's short, out of shape, and bald. He has had only one wife. Yet he's been voted for sexiest actor by glamour magazine. And you might not remember because your too young but women used to go crazy for him back in the late 80's.

Personality goes a long way. I've dated beautiful women just to find out they were psychotic, and I've met so-so looking girls but the better I got to know them the better looking they got. In the animal kingdom personality's are meaningless, but with humans if your going to be stuck with someone for 50+ years you have to be able to talk to them.

...There's lots of "beta" guys who get girls out of their league and vice versa.
Mar 11, 2018 12:46 PM

Jan 2018
Thanakos said:
StarSwoardsman said:

If your theory needs to be adjusted for every new observation, it's probably a very bad one.

What are you talking about? I never adjusted anything.

Cbr_Star said:
StarSwoardsman said:

There's nothing "Alpha" about Danny Devito he's short, out of shape, and bald. He has had only one wife. Yet he's been voted for sexiest actor by glamour magazine. And you might not remember because your too young but women used to go crazy for him back in the late 80's.

Personality goes a long way. I've dated beautiful women just to find out they were psychotic, and I've met so-so looking girls but the better I got to know them the better looking they got. In the animal kingdom personality's are meaningless, but with humans if your going to be stuck with someone for 50+ years you have to be able to talk to them.

...There's lots of "beta" guys who get girls out of their league and vice versa.

LOL, never said that Devito was a true alpha? He is a career alpha for sure. He has had a great acting and directing career and continues to act. But, having just one wife negates him from being a true alpha.

But, if he had never gotten married, then I would consider him a true alpha. Because of his power, he can pull women.

You are just projecting bro. I said NOTHING about personality. Of course that helps. But, that's not just it. And it's not solely looks for guys. Women are attracted to men who have a personality that is brash, sexual, unpredictable, fun and he doesn't need them. Men are the ones who are just about 100% focused on looks.

But, don't think for a second that you can get a girl 100% based off of your personality. It gets you into the door, but there are other things that need to go off in a girl before she goes out with you.

And, I never said that we are 100% like Lions. All I have said is that basically at our core, we have the same drive that an animal does. And that is a fact. We just live in a modern society now and can't fully act on these desires.
Mar 11, 2018 12:47 PM

Jan 2014
StarSwoardsman said:
Cbr_Star said:

But, in reality, we have the same animalistic urges that a Lion or Bear does.
So what you're suggesting is that guys who enter relationships with single mothers should kill the children since they aren't biologically his? I mean if we have the same animalistic urges as lions then clearly that's what you're insinuating. The "Well, it's true for some animals, and we're animals, so it must be true with us" line of thinking is stupid. Alpha-Beta dynamics do indeed exist in SOME animals, including SOME primates. However, there has been no scientific evidence supporting your assertion that it exists within our species. If you have evidence that supports your opinion, please present it.
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Mar 11, 2018 12:50 PM

Nov 2016
ThrashMatto said:
StarSwoardsman said:

But, in reality, we have the same animalistic urges that a Lion or Bear does.
So what you're suggesting is that guys who enter relationships with single mothers should kill the children since they aren't biologically his? I mean if we have the same animalistic urges as lions then clearly that's what you're insinuating. The "Well, it's true for some animals, and we're animals, so it must be true with us" line of thinking is stupid. Alpha-Beta dynamics do indeed exist in SOME animals, including SOME primates. However, there has been no scientific evidence supporting your assertion that it exists within our species. If you have evidence that supports your opinion, please present it.

Leave it. He doesn't understand what 'adjusting a theory to fit the observation' means lol.
Mar 11, 2018 12:51 PM

Apr 2016
Cbr_Star said:

I still think you don't get so I'll summarize it:

-First and foremost PEOPLE ARE ANIMALS!!! Don't get it twisted.

-Alright next up, there are 2 PEOPLE in a couple. 2 people, dos personas, 二人。Because of this...

-It's INAPPROPRIATE to use SDT in my situation BECAUSE the theory usually looks at humanity as a population, as an ANIMAL SPECIES.

-Even if I WERE to humor you, your hypothesis would still be off. You think that I didn't like being the "alpha" and wanted him to take charge so I could be the "Beta"? That can't be since I was never the alpha. If you look at the factors that are focused on in the SDT, my ex-lover, according to the theory, would be the dominant one. I would've never been the "alpha" in the first place.

As Prosecutor Sahdmadhi would say, it is now time to "let it go, and move on". XD
Mar 11, 2018 12:55 PM

Dec 2016
But, don't think for a second that you can get a girl 100% based off of your personality. It gets you into the door, but there are other things that need to go off in a girl before she goes out with you.

Maybe with your personality you won't get a date.lol
I can't help think that your a "Beta" who idolizes and wishes he was a "alpha" and you don't like to hear that it's simply untrue and all bunk. It's good to look up to someone successful and all but don't put yourself down because of them.

Mar 11, 2018 1:07 PM

Dec 2016
CJ_Kiyoruki said:
Cbr_Star said:

-Alright next up, there are 2 PEOPLE in a couple. 2 people, dos personas, 二人。Because of this...

-It's INAPPROPRIATE to use SDT in my situation BECAUSE the theory usually looks at humanity as a population, as an ANIMAL SPECIES.

-Even if I WERE to humor you, your hypothesis would still be off. You think that I didn't like being the "alpha" and wanted him to take charge so I could be the "Beta"? That can't be since I was never the alpha. If you look at the factors that are focused on in the SDT, my ex-lover, according to the theory, would be the dominant one. I would've never been the "alpha" in the first place.

As Prosecutor Sahdmadhi would say, it is now time to "let it go, and move on". XD

See your totally missing the point. You said that you didn't like making the decisions like where to go to eat like the crepes shop. You are submissive who isn't comfortable being dominant in the relationship I.E making the decisions. Your ex lover was also submissive which put a strain on the relationship because you wanted him to be more dominant and take charge.

And according to the dictionary a group=: two or more figures forming a complete unit in a composition. So therefor a relationship is a group and SDT totally applies.

Mar 11, 2018 1:31 PM

Jan 2018
Cbr_Star said:

Maybe with your personality you won't get a date.lol
I can't help think that your a "Beta" who idolizes and wishes he was a "alpha" and you don't like to hear that it's simply untrue and all bunk. It's good to look up to someone successful and all but don't put yourself down because of them.

What a jump in logic LMAO. All you've done in this thread is project.

You can think whatever you want about me bro. But, it doesn't negate what I've told you.

CJ_Kiyoruki said:
Cbr_Star said:

All this guy is doing is projecting. He has nothing to say.
StarSwoardsmanMar 11, 2018 1:34 PM
Mar 11, 2018 1:49 PM

Apr 2016
Cbr_Star said:
See your totally missing the point. You said that you didn't like making the decisions like where to go to eat like the crepes shop. You are submissive who isn't comfortable being dominant in the relationship I.E making the decisions. Your ex lover was also submissive which put a strain on the relationship because you wanted him to be more dominant and take charge.

And according to the dictionary a group=: two or more figures forming a complete unit in a composition. So therefor a relationship is a group and SDT totally applies.

Too bad SDT looks on humanity as a POPULATION not a group of humans. A POPULATION as in ALL, not some. Therefore, it can't be applied. Also, personality and behavior aren't the key factors to deciding dominance according to the SDT, there are others that are considered more important which is what I said before.

And you completely misunderstood my anecdote. I wasn't upset because I didn't like making decisions, I felt guilty because it felt like only I was benefiting. Being an alpha, doesn't mean you're selfish, and asking for an opinion doesn't mean you want to be submissive.

If he said he didn't like crepes and he wanted to go to Godiva, I'd say "ABSOLUTELTY NOT, I hate chocolate. Let's look for a restaurant we BOTH like." I don't like forcing my tastes on others and I don't like it when guys think they can pick s*** for me (you would've known that if you actually read the comment because I also said that.)

I don't like sitting at a table eating while my lover just chugs down water. Why? Because it makes me feel guilty and I know I wouldn't just sit there if the roles were swapped. I didn't want him to make all the decisions, I just didn't want him to keel over so easily.

You want to explain the situation? It's not the SDT, my ex-lover was self-conscious and he was worried that I'd leave him if he argued with me. I like men with a backbone; I don't like people who try to micro-manage me. I have parents for that.
Mar 11, 2018 1:55 PM

Jan 2014
StarSwoardsman said:
All you've done in this thread is project.
All this guy is doing is projecting. He has nothing to say.

StarSwoardsman said:
your projecting your beta self image onto me.

StarSwoardsman said:
You are just projecting bro

I have to wonder who the person actually doing the projection here is...
I love Christine

Mar 11, 2018 8:54 PM

Aug 2016
-Elegant- said:
Sure, it is their biological instinct, nothing can be done to revert this, women have a similar taste when it comes to men, they want almost the same male type with little variances, unlike men who have taste for all kind of women.

Ah yes, the m'ladies are truly such simplistic creatures, are they not?
People who put MAL stats in their sigs are losers lol
Mar 11, 2018 9:05 PM

Aug 2016
StarSwoardsman said:

LOL, no such thing as an alpha male?

Alpha males and beta males exist.

They somewhat do, but it has more to do with context of the structure of the group rather than any overarching biological causes. One person could be the dominant personality in one group ("the leader" I guess), but may not be as dominant or a leader in another group.

"Alphas" and "Betas" exist within social circles, but the notion that such dynamics can be applied to the human species at large is the subject of a lot of controversy. Even the founder of the theory, David Mech, disavowed the terminology. At the very least, you could argue that it's a contentious topic with the field of ethology, but that's about as far as you could get tbh.
Mar 11, 2018 11:02 PM

Jan 2018
Psyotic said:
StarSwoardsman said:

LOL, no such thing as an alpha male?

Alpha males and beta males exist.

They somewhat do, but it has more to do with context of the structure of the group rather than any overarching biological causes. One person could be the dominant personality in one group ("the leader" I guess), but may not be as dominant or a leader in another group.

"Alphas" and "Betas" exist within social circles, but the notion that such dynamics can be applied to the human species at large is the subject of a lot of controversy. Even the founder of the theory, David Mech, disavowed the terminology. At the very least, you could argue that it's a contentious topic with the field of ethology, but that's about as far as you could get tbh.

It's really just a way of life. Neither one is wrong per say. But a man can either go through life as an alpha or beta. Most men will be beta because they can't handle being alone and need women.
Mar 11, 2018 11:33 PM

Aug 2016
StarSwoardsman said:

It's really just a way of life. Neither one is wrong per say. But a man can either go through life as an alpha or beta. Most men will be beta because they can't handle being alone and need women.

Wut? Okay, maybe you didn't get what I was saying. The point is that no one is just an alpha or just a beta, humans are more complex than that. So while a person can more dominant in one situation, they will be more submissive in another situation. It's based entirely on the group and the context, it has nothing to do with not wanting to be alone or wanting to have a woman.
Mar 11, 2018 11:40 PM

Jan 2018
Psyotic said:
StarSwoardsman said:

Wut? Okay, maybe you didn't get what I was saying. The point is that no one is just an alpha or just a beta, humans are more complex than that. So while a person can more dominant in one situation, they will be more submissive in another situation. It's based entirely on the group and the context, it has nothing to do with not wanting to be alone or wanting to have a woman.

And you are not getting what I am saying.

We can choose to become what we want to be (sorta, there is really no free will, but that is another topic from another day). We do have agency. A beta male who worshipped women, works a 9-5 that he hates and lives with his parents can work towards becoming an alpha male tonight.

You are acting like humans are dead set in who they are and what they do. That is simply not the case. We all can correct any deficiencies that we hold by merely focusing on them.

It's simply not based entirely on a group and context. Being an alpha or beta is just how you live your life. It's as simple as that.
Mar 12, 2018 2:10 AM

Apr 2017
StarSwoardsman said:
PunkHazard98 said:

Then what exactly is an alpha male?
what criteria do they have to establish to be called an alpha male?
where does the term itself stem from?

There are three main types of Alpha males. The one that is alpha with both women and in regard to career. The only that is alpha with women, but only works a 9-5. And the one that has an amazing career, but isn't good with women. The first being a true alpha.

To be a true alpha you must have a great career and be making money doing what you want. You have to be able to date several different women at once. You have to be able to detach from the women that you are involve with. You have to be able to be alone and not be in a committed relationship. A true alpha basically doesn't need anyone or anything, but can get anything that he puts his mind too.

The term alpha has been around since the beginning of time.

Your definition of an alpha seems too simplistic to be considered an archetype of any sort of human behavior. There isn't a human on earth that would fit that definition of an alpha male today and some of the traits you have stated while been acceptable today would be largely frowned upon in societies of the past decade seeing as prominent males in the Victorian error would be abashed to be even seen touching a women and achieved they're status through good manners and such which in today's society is seen as beta traits
Still you haven't stated any of the characteristics of an Alpha itself should have but rather what they are able to do
And the term alpha was coined in 1966 hardly the beginning of time wouldn't you say?

"Life and death have been in love,
For longer than we have words to describe,
Life sends countless gifts to death,
And death keeps them forever."

Mar 12, 2018 2:22 AM

Apr 2011
I can't believe MAL is trying to find a universal meaning of "alpha male" in human setting...
Mar 12, 2018 2:26 AM

Jun 2012
*Getting pop corn, ice cream and a lot of other enjoyable things to eat while observing a conversation between people who can't understand each other*
Eight-Man said:

~ Murphy's 5th law
Mar 12, 2018 4:46 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
How is this thread still alive? :o

Well anyway I can understand where people like that are coming from, I mean I'd love to be pinned down by a dominant and confident guy as well, but nevertheless this whole "alpha" and "beta" trope idea has gotten way out of control >.>
Mar 13, 2018 12:25 PM

Feb 2015
HaXXspetten said:

Well anyway I can understand where people like that are coming from, I mean I'd love to be pinned down by a dominant and confident guy as well, but nevertheless this whole "alpha" and "beta" trope idea has gotten way out of control >.>

That is disgusting. As a male, I would never lay a finger on a female let alone 'pin you down'

Females really need to keep their ovaries in check or fantasies like these appear. As a male, the only thing I want to do for a female is show them respect. Pinning down is the exact opposite.
Hello
Mar 13, 2018 12:27 PM

May 2013
teruu said:
HaXXspetten said:

That is disgusting. As a male, I would never lay a finger on a female let alone 'pin you down'

Females really need to keep their ovaries in check or fantasies like these appear. As a male, the only thing I want to do for a female is show them respect. Pinning down is the exact opposite.

"Pinning down" i mean come on that's just like putting your hands on a girl's shoulders. Pretty common sex move really.

Also Haxxspetten's a dude
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Mar 13, 2018 12:31 PM

Feb 2015
Gan_water said:
teruu said:

"Pinning down" i mean come on that's just like putting your hands on a girl's shoulders. Pretty common sex move really.

Uh no! It literally means to pin her down
Females like to be dominated

Not sure if you even know what you are talking about. Clearly not

And wow! what kind of sick role play is that. Sounds like mental issues
Hello
Mar 13, 2018 12:38 PM

May 2013
teruu said:
Gan_water said:

Uh no! It literally means to pin her down
Females like to be dominated

Not sure if you even know what you are talking about. Clearly not

And wow! what kind of sick role play is that. Sounds like mental issues

Yeah like when you're on top during sex. Don't have a fucking cow dude xD
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Mar 13, 2018 4:08 PM
Sep 2014
alpha type probably has aids and rich parents. disgusting.
Mar 13, 2018 4:31 PM
Jun 2016
They are attracted to me. Thats all I know!
Mar 13, 2018 7:39 PM

Aug 2014
ravioli ravioli fuck my faceoli

the alpha/beta meme is dead, let it go my sweet children

well, long story short cause i see the "urgh i dOnT wAnT tO wAtCh A tRaNnY" dudes coming: only relevant for animals in captivity, debunked by the very creator of that theory later on

it's bullshit

individuals are attracted to individuals thanks to whatever life has thrown at them, everything is fluid so like

don't think too much of it, like just work your empathy game and interpersonal relationships will come naturally
Blood tastes like iron
Mar 14, 2018 4:48 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
teruu said:
HaXXspetten said:

Err okay first of all I'm a guy (I just like crossdressing). But either way "pinning someone down" doesn't somehow automatically imply that it's not consensual. What's so bad about it if both parties want it?
HaXXspettenApr 7, 2018 2:39 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

36 by cody »»
58 seconds ago

Poll: » do you hide or deny your dark side to others or society?

deg - 4 hours ago

8 by Zettaiken »»
58 minutes ago

» which country would you NOT want to visit? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 27

67 by Rhaelynne »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Is intelligence overrated?

pludel2 - Mar 29

28 by tsukareru »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Apr 24

31 by tsukareru »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.