Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 25, 2010 4:06 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, a lot of improvement over the terrible first half of the season but I wonder how will this series end. Boob-ranger is confirmed so we can expect similar ending as in the manga (arc, not the series as the manga is still ongoing).

4/5 for the episode

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Mar 25, 2010 4:39 AM

Apr 2008
so they FINALLY decided to show the public side of the Bund and it's inhabitants. TOO FUCKIN LATE >_>

ugh this episode made me hate Meiren even more

the whole decapitation scene played out well though so I'll give them that much.
Darklight0303Mar 25, 2010 4:56 AM
Mar 25, 2010 9:44 AM

Jan 2010
Mei Rin confirmed for slut
Ok™
Mar 27, 2010 8:40 PM

Sep 2008
Poor Mina... the real one and the copied one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2010 10:06 PM

Jun 2007
havsie said:

she's a dog in heat lol.
Mar 27, 2010 11:38 PM

Sep 2007
Lol at the blood squirting from the headless body.

I guess Akira's locked memory is the final key to the anime's original end.
WasabiMar 28, 2010 12:06 AM
Mar 27, 2010 11:54 PM

Sep 2009
I enjoyed the action scenes during this episode.

I wonder what exactly they do during that purity check....just look?...or do something a little more "physical"...
Mar 28, 2010 12:06 AM

Sep 2007
saxophone15 said:
I enjoyed the action scenes during this episode.

I wonder what exactly they do during that purity check....just look?...or do something a little more "physical"...

Stick a finger in there to make sure the hymen is still there?
Mar 28, 2010 12:26 AM

Jul 2008
wow those three clan guys are real pricks to make her go through that every decade
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Mar 28, 2010 12:42 AM

Jul 2009
That was some sweet action scenes.
Gah, Mei-ren so sexy.
Mar 28, 2010 2:19 AM

Nov 2009
I agree...Mei-ren is noiiice
The wolf biting head was pure carnage O.o
Mar 28, 2010 3:13 AM

Jan 2009
The "purity inspection" is almost as horrible as it was in the manga.

Oh no they didn't ..! Damn, why'd they do that? D: Seriously. They just took a turn for the worse, story-wise : <
I wanted my power ranger detective dude : < Damn SHAFT for placing Mei-ren there as his substitute D:

But alas, seeing as SHAFT (even though they more or less completely ruined the original story >.>) has somehow made it worth to watch.. I need to know how this ends. : |
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Mar 28, 2010 4:13 AM

May 2009
I'd say Meiren is a far better match for Akira than Mina. First because she's quite a looker and second because of what she actually is. I just hope the fact that he'll undoubtedly choose Mina over her won't make her go mad in the end and do stuff she'll regret.

Those three creeps are just as evil as they are in the manga, having to remind her every ten years about where she stands in contrast to them. I thought the purity check scene was handled very nicely.

And you just got to love how SHAFT pays tribute to their own stuff:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2010 5:04 AM

Sep 2007
Good, good.
I can say just that look really better than the previous episode.
Mar 28, 2010 5:09 AM

Aug 2009
Great episode!

Mei-ren <3
Mar 28, 2010 5:15 AM

May 2009
Probably my favorite episode of the anime. It was kewl.
Mar 28, 2010 6:49 AM
Oct 2008
I'm starting to get used to the nonsense now, and.. it makes sense actually.
Mar 28, 2010 7:10 AM

Oct 2009
I'm glad this series is almost over x.x

Although the last few episodes have actually been pretty good. I liked the fight in this ep

I'm curious to see how it will end
Mar 28, 2010 7:17 AM

Jan 2010
Another good episode, hopefully it'll stay strong for the final one.

I am proud to have Clannad as the only thing on my dropped list.
Mar 28, 2010 9:29 AM
Mar 2008
Ahhh, what did he see!?! D:
Mar 28, 2010 9:33 AM

Jul 2009
Always amazed by how much SHAFT manages to fail when they produce these episodes. I bet their quality control person is a colour blind epileptic kid who never have seen nor read anything in his entire life..

Still a substantial amount of action though, and even at this level the whole episode was somewhat decent. At least that is if you try to block out the manga entirely.

Alphonse did something I've always dreamed of doing though, driving a massive car at full throttle trough a crowd of people xD
I can't begin to count the times I've felt like steering up on the side walk and plough away ;P

And Cheers! For only one more episode!
Mar 28, 2010 9:38 AM
Nov 2009
Awsome episode, this anime is really picking up!!!1one

also Mei-ren is pretty hawt rofl
Mar 28, 2010 10:33 AM

Feb 2009
One more to go just when it started getting interesting.
Mar 28, 2010 10:43 AM
Mar 2010
i was wondering what thoose images of mina disappearing meant? in akiras past is she the real mina or did the real one die or what was that?
Mar 28, 2010 1:59 PM

Dec 2008
EternalDreamer said:
Alphonse did something I've always dreamed of doing though, driving a massive car at full throttle trough a crowd of people xD
I can't begin to count the times I've felt like steering up on the side walk and plough away ;P

umm...wat?
Mar 28, 2010 2:41 PM

Jul 2009
rabids0ap said:
EternalDreamer said:

umm...wat?

Anyone who at least once have driven a car trough a pedestrian filled area should know what I talk about =P

Come one people don't say you haven't at least once felt like just moving the steering wheel just an inch "too much", and unleash carnage upon the unsuspecting crowd? (^.^)
Mar 28, 2010 3:36 PM

Sep 2007
EternalDreamer said:
rabids0ap said:
EternalDreamer said:

umm...wat?

Anyone who at least once have driven a car trough a pedestrian filled area should know what I talk about =P

Come one people don't say you haven't at least once felt like just moving the steering wheel just an inch "too much", and unleash carnage upon the unsuspecting crowd? (^.^)

Not really. I don't want to get scratches on the car.
Mar 28, 2010 3:57 PM

Apr 2008
Not to mention cleaning off all the blood and guts from the car afterwards 8D
Mar 28, 2010 6:30 PM

Feb 2009
Akira is crazy amazing, and Mei-Ren kinda needs to back off. :(

Mar 28, 2010 10:09 PM

Jun 2009
havsie said:

So true, but I like :D
Mar 28, 2010 10:30 PM

Aug 2009
AO968 said:
I'd say Meiren is a far better match for Akira than Mina. First because she's quite a looker and second because of what she actually is. I just hope the fact that he'll undoubtedly choose Mina over her won't make her go mad in the end and do stuff she'll regret.

Those three creeps are just as evil as they are in the manga, having to remind her every ten years about where she stands in contrast to them. I thought the purity check scene was handled very nicely.

And you just got to love how SHAFT pays tribute to their own stuff:

couldn't have said it better myself!
muchos gracias!
Mar 29, 2010 3:02 AM
Jul 2008
Meiren + Shotgun + Vampire = Funny.
Akira's ripping off the head of the assassin vampire was nice.
Now all that are left are the last fragment memory of the inheritance and the relationship ending between Akira and Mina.
Mar 29, 2010 4:41 AM

Jul 2009
Wasabi said:

Not really. I don't want to get scratches on the car.
Darklight0303 said:
Not to mention cleaning off all the blood and guts from the car afterwards 8D
Well yeah these are two of the reasons why it could be considers a bad idea :roll eyes:
But I get the feeling that this would be the least of your problems after a joy ride like that. Since I'm fairly certain it would be seen as a crime in most countries and you'll end up spending some considerable time in jail afterwards ;P

Guess we have to wait for the zombie infestation for this becomes a real possibility xD
EternalDreamerMar 29, 2010 4:45 AM
Mar 29, 2010 6:13 AM

Dec 2009
*sigh* damnt SHAFT for replacing the Inspector/cop whatev with that Mei-Ren bitch >.> ... yeah shes nice and not a Mary-sue but Akira and Mina are the best <3.
I wonder if the fangless kids will appear too... ( yeah sure they were showed seeing that announcement but so did the inspector/cop appear in the ....Hysterica arc?)
Mar 29, 2010 8:05 AM

Apr 2008
given that there is only 1 episode left I doubt they will show the fangless T_T
Mar 29, 2010 9:03 AM

Oct 2009
Ok wow this episode was insane. First off this women=>
needs to die now! Along with those three clan clowns that uglier than smelling poo......Are you kidding me some gynecological exam to test for a hymen? Oh that was disgusting! Truly one reason why I told one of my brothers not to go into this job but into general surgery...glad he listened to me. Anyways....I did not understand too much about the Pure One's heritage thing....from Akira's memory I understand that this=>
is the Tepes old castle with a some hand that holds coffins?

Problem is from #10 Akira had a dream of Mina having something planted into her......so this shows up =>
which I assume is part of Meiren's little necklace....see problem comes back to as what the blood is meant to do by doing this =>
So I assume that it either a)makes Mina clones or b)Real Mine is still there and the one that I see is a copy that just somehow coexist (that's how I understand) confusion is how the heck is it even possible......or even to think that there are many Mina's out there?
This is based off the part where Mina appears in one of the hands coffins=>

So Meiren......I was not that far off.....she is a werewolf just not the half vampire part well based on GIF time=>

she got first kiss towards Akira and thus beats Yuki and Mina to it....Ha! The irony! I laughed at how stupid some random censors came around but half the episode lots of things were uncensored like these parts=>
Best action part is Meiren's shotgun now that was good!=>

Second after shotgun was Meiren's slash and head lopping off! Good also=>
Overall......good action but so confusing all this Tepes castle thing and Akira going nuts over it!
havsie said:
What? No I object! That is wrong! If anyone Meiren x Akira instead of Mina x Akira.......Vampires and Werewolves are not meant for each other in the end.....I am not even sure vampire DNA would take in werewolf DNA.
Wasabi said:
Lol at the blood squirting from the headless body.

You find that=>
funny? You are surely having a loose screw in your head......there is nothing funny about it nor any pleasure from it.......I only found it disgusting and repulsive......first time I see you as strange with something like this.......
kage-bunshin said:
wow those three clan guys are real pricks to make her go through that every decade
Pricks? They SOB that smell like shit that do every at the bathroom not to mention they look ugly and smelly. Someone bring in the terminator to kill them all!
AO968 said:
I'd say Meiren is a far better match for Akira than Mina. First because she's quite a looker and second because of what she actually is.
I will give you this at least for being like me in the match up=>
francismeunierMar 29, 2010 9:13 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Mar 29, 2010 9:35 AM

Sep 2007
francismeunier said:

You find that=>
funny? You are surely having a loose screw in your head......there is nothing funny about it nor any pleasure from it.......I only found it disgusting and repulsive......first time I see you as strange with something like this.......

It's funny because it's so ridiculously exaggerated. And lol at you of all people telling me I have loose screws.
Mar 29, 2010 10:01 AM

Oct 2009
Wasabi said:
francismeunier said:

You find that=>

It's funny because it's so ridiculously exaggerated. And lol at you of all people telling me I have loose screws.
Ok sry for the loose screws...though you liked it but why do you laugh when something is exaggerated like that? I still say wrong moment to laugh but I though you laughed because you enjoyed it but instead you did that because it was exaggerated.......only will say this=>

Mar 29, 2010 10:27 AM

Apr 2008
Manga readers should we tell Francis the TRUTH about the Earth Clan. It might break his mind >_>
Mar 29, 2010 10:33 AM

Jan 2009
Darklight0303 said:
Manga readers should we tell Francis the TRUTH about the Earth Clan. It might break his mind >_>
Let's do it >: D Bwahahahaha
Anyone of different opinion? : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Mar 29, 2010 11:00 AM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
Darklight0303 said:

Try me in PM mode........I am broken already due to Fairy Tail #24........

Mar 29, 2010 11:25 AM

Jul 2009
Oosran said:
Darklight0303 said:
Go for it!
Shatter it to oblivion and save us from all the future gif spams ;D
Mar 29, 2010 11:26 AM

Apr 2008
Mind nuke delivered 8D
Mar 29, 2010 12:39 PM

Oct 2009
Darklight0303 said:
Mind nuke delivered 8D
Failed miserably.....try explaining it to me to see if it makes a difference....Angie is nice though.

Mar 29, 2010 12:50 PM

Apr 2008
erm did you read what Akira said. How can you not understand from that? @,@
Mar 29, 2010 1:55 PM

Jan 2009
Aww D:
Mar 29, 2010 2:48 PM

Apr 2008
Maybe you can do a better job Oosran. Seems the "blunt shove page in the face" approach was too ambiguous >_>
Mar 29, 2010 3:57 PM

Aug 2009
Overall, this has probably been the best episode of the series. I haven't read the Manga so I am very interested in how the story will turn out. And if it's nothing like the Manga, even more so.
Mar 29, 2010 5:09 PM
Apr 2009
wonder what kind of bullsh*t secret Akira discovered that Shaft made up for the anime
lolol
oh wow the power ranger is M*****? RIP Hama-san.
bah at least they followed the"'someone he knew, is actually one of the *s******"
hey they showed Mina getting fingered !
props for the bloody decapitation
i wondered if they would do it, and they did !
let see, one episode left
I bet they'll kill the other t*** a******* really quickly or just erase him
and on to the go go power ranger.

-- and yeah I added the *
on purpose so I won't spoil those who watch the anime .
Mar 29, 2010 10:03 PM

Jan 2009
Vaplao said:
RIP Hama-san.
It's really sad : <
This anime needs a dose of detective police dude
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

porkypink - Jan 13, 2010

233 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:35 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Jan 6, 2010

310 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:33 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

kerobear - Feb 17, 2010

180 by FireRifle64 »»
Jul 29, 2023 8:12 PM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Proselyt - Feb 11, 2010

221 by FireRifle64 »»
Jul 29, 2023 4:17 PM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Mar 31, 2010

169 by Tenshi_Budo »»
Jul 15, 2023 5:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.