Forum Settings
Forums

If someone commits suicide from being harassed, who's at fault?

New
Who's at fault? The harasser or the suicidal person
Feb 25, 2018 1:49 AM

Feb 2016
I'm just curious 'cause I've read a lot of polls and most of them were inconsiderate...

If someone commits suicide because of an harasser, will the harasser be charged with murder? If so, will it be a 2nd or 1st degree murder?
If not, why? I want to know your opinion.

Curiosity, and ignorance..

YouTubeWeird Videos
Anime Edits
PixivSheetHost

"Salvation is a thin thread dangling from heaven."
- Mary ~ Death Mark

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 25, 2018 1:50 AM

Apr 2016
If you sell a weapon to a person, and next day he would shoot someone whose fault it is ? Same thing.

Suicidal Person is my answer for the poll.
Feb 25, 2018 1:53 AM

Feb 2016
@Swagernator
Oh, I see. But let's talk about sympathy and not grief.

YouTubeWeird Videos
Anime Edits
PixivSheetHost

- Mary ~ Death Mark

Feb 25, 2018 1:55 AM

Sep 2014
In most cases, if you tell someone to kill themselves and they do, that's involuntary manslaughter (4th degree).
Feb 25, 2018 2:03 AM

Feb 2016
Elegade said:
In most cases, if you tell someone to kill themselves and they do, that's involuntary manslaughter (4th degree).

Oh, I learnt new degrees, thanks.
How do we actually tell if it's 3rd or 4th degree though. Unless you can read someone's heart..

Edit: Use of drugs, torture, etc?

YouTubeWeird Videos
Anime Edits
PixivSheetHost

- Mary ~ Death Mark

Feb 25, 2018 2:04 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Swagernator said:
If you sell a weapon to a person, and next day he would shoot someone whose fault it is ? Same thing.

If you give a psychopath a nuclear button and he wipes out humanity from the face of Earth the next day who is at fault?

Anyway,

The true answer to this poll - society
Feb 25, 2018 2:06 AM

Apr 2016
149597871 said:
If you give a psychopath a nuclear button and he wipes out humanity from the face of Earth the next day who is at fault?y

If he wipes out humanity from the face of Earth the next day then there is no one left to blame dude. You're making no sense here.
Feb 25, 2018 2:10 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Swagernator said:
149597871 said:
If you give a psychopath a nuclear button and he wipes out humanity from the face of Earth the next day who is at fault?y

The committee of army chiefs, and health system to let such a person be a president.

Also if he wipe out humanity then there is no one left to balem dude. You're making no sense here.

Yup, sums up my thoughts perfectly, by giving someone a gun you are also giving him responsibility. However, not everyone is ready to have it. The case with harassment or the one with the nuclear button is pretty much the same if you think of it that way.
Feb 25, 2018 2:15 AM

Feb 2016
Kinda digress that...

If someone is bullied, and takes their life by themselves. Who's wrong?
We're not talking about giving someone the chance to kill themselves. It's more like, you're drived into a corner by the bullies.

YouTubeWeird Videos
Anime Edits
PixivSheetHost

- Mary ~ Death Mark

Feb 25, 2018 2:18 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Haoto_Akiyama said:
Kinda digress that...

We're not talking about giving someone the chance to kill themselves. It's more like, you're drived into a corner by the bullies.

Give me more details and I'll explain who's at fault and why this poll needs more than 2 options.
Feb 25, 2018 2:19 AM

Apr 2016
Haoto_Akiyama said:
Kinda digress that...

There are many people that were bullied and don't commit suicide because of that what of them ? Today people are such overdramatic and want to blame others for their problems. So yeah the true answer to this poll - society.
Feb 25, 2018 2:26 AM

Feb 2016
I'll be honest... I'm more of a feeler than a thinker. So I feel that the bully is at fault since he started it; drove people suicidal.

If you want more details. Let's take games for example.
Bob is playing a game with his friends. But he's bad at it, and his friends harass him for it. Tells him that he shouldn't be playing since he'll cause other players to lose.
Just how much are those friends to Bob? Let's say that Bob thinks about others more than himself (me).
His friends can harass him with any words/sentence, for this: "You're better dead than being alive, no talent noob."
And so, he killed himself.

That was a bad example........... What kind of friends are those...

YouTubeWeird Videos
Anime Edits
PixivSheetHost

- Mary ~ Death Mark

Feb 25, 2018 2:27 AM

Apr 2016
Haoto_Akiyama said:
I'll be honest... I'm more of a feeler than a thinker. So I feel that the bully is at fault since he started it; drove people suicidal.

Bob is playing a game with his friends. But he's bad at it, and his friends harass him for it. Tells him that he shouldn't be playing since he'll cause other players to lose.
Just how much are those friends to Bob? Let's say that Bob thinks about others more than himself (me).
His friends can harass him with any words/sentence, for this: "You're better dead than being alive, no talent noob."

Its the Bob's fault to be a loser and don't know how to play a stupid game. Like yeah let him play with us even hes bad as shit and we lose a game because of him, just so that he can't mentally break. Only a true friend will tell you ugly truth to your face.
Feb 25, 2018 2:31 AM

May 2016
as fucked up as it sounds. I'd say the suicidal person. He chooses the harassment to get into him, instead of actually properly deal with it
~ Nas, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Formerly known as:
~ Gokuvich, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Feb 25, 2018 2:35 AM

Sep 2014
Haoto_Akiyama said:
Elegade said:

Oh, I learnt new degrees, thanks.
How do we actually tell if it's 3rd or 4th degree though. Unless you can read someone's heart..

Edit: Use of drugs, torture, etc?

3rd Degree is the same as 2nd degree, but there's a circumstance in where the murder charge gets bumped down. (ex you start a fight, you accidentally kill them) normally that's second degree, but if the fight started because they sucker punched your girl, then charges could go down to 3rd degree.

4th degree means its involuntary, but you did something that lead to that person dying. That's why telling someone to kill themselves is 4th degree. You only told them to kill themself, you didn't know they were actually going to do it.
Feb 25, 2018 2:35 AM

Jan 2016
Nas said:
as fucked up as it sounds. I'd say the suicidal person. He chooses the harassment to get into him, instead of actually properly deal with it

Don't you think if the harasser never did anything to him, would he still want to suicide?
Feb 25, 2018 2:42 AM

May 2016
RobinTheKing said:
Nas said:

Don't you think if the harasser never did anything to him, would he still want to suicide?

Depends on the context. If we take the harasser out of this situation, the person won't get harassed by he harasser, so he won't do it in the first place.

But the person could've also had suicidal thoughts for some time and he had 2 choises: 1) to get some help 2)to proceed with it.

And he had these 2 options to take. He can choose 1, get some help for let say his depresison. Or 2, let the negative thoughts and depression get to him and proceed with it.
Formerly known as:
Feb 25, 2018 2:53 AM

Feb 2016
The person who commits suicide. Not all bullied people become suicidal. If you bully someone and they kill themselves, chances are they were already mentally unstable before.
Feb 25, 2018 3:05 AM
Jul 2018
Killing yourself cause of bullying is lame and deserves mockery, you're supposed to kill your bully and eat their heart.
Feb 25, 2018 3:13 AM

Apr 2011
Neane93 said:
Killing yourself cause of bullying is lame, you're supposed to kill your bully and eat their heart.
Better skip the killing part and just eat their heart out.
Feb 25, 2018 3:18 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Haoto_Akiyama said:

Totally ignoring the fact that this is directed towards me but I didn't get the honor of being quoted.

Let's begin with the word "friend" - it's not appropriate to use it in that case.

Bob is playing the game with some people he doesn't really know. - that should be your first sentence.

Second Bob is bad at the game, but let's be honest most multiplayer games have decent matchmaking system so chances are pretty high that there is a player of a similar skill level from the other team. That being said Bob is not the only reason why they are losing, it's rather the team's fault but since Bob has the worst performance they blame everything on him.

So far:

Bob is playing the game with some people he doesn't really know. Bob and his team are pretty bad at the game and they end up blaming each other for the loss, especially Bob.

So far whose fault is it?

Society (and maybe their parents) - for not teaching people to take responsibility and not blame others for their failures

Let's continue our story.

Just how much are those friends to Bob? - already said they are not. Delete this sentence.

Let's say that Bob thinks about others more than himself (me).

Again society/parent's fault for not seeing such obvious flaw in Bob's personality, he's not only fooled by others to think of them as friends when they are obviously not but he's also willing to sacrifice himself for their sake

Story so far:

Bob is playing the game with some people he doesn't really know. Bob and his team are pretty bad at the game and they end up blaming each other for the loss, especially Bob. Bob takes it personally since he thinks that those people that he doesn't really know are his friends and actually cares about them.

His friends can harass him with any words/sentence, for this: "You're better dead than being alive, no talent noob." - Yet again, delete the word friends.

And so, he killed himself. - Leave that one as it is.

Now we have the real story:

Bob is playing the game with some people he doesn't really know. Bob and his team are pretty bad at the game and they end up blaming each other for the loss, especially Bob. Bob takes it personally since he thinks that those people that he doesn't really know are his friends and actually cares about them. Then they harass him with any words/sentence, for this: "You're better dead than being alive, no talent noob." And so, he killed himself.

Who's at fault now?

Yet again, society/parents. If you see a person that is ready to kill himself because he is called a "noob" by people he doesn't even know you should immediately contact a psychologist or at least try to say some of the things that I've said so far and maybe not allow Bob to hurt himself with things that are supposed to be enjoyable.

149597871Feb 25, 2018 3:24 AM
Feb 25, 2018 3:26 AM

Feb 2018
149597871 said:
Swagernator said:

If you give a psychopath a nuclear button and he wipes out humanity from the face of Earth the next day who is at fault?

Anyway,

The true answer to this poll - society

The person who gived the nuclear button AND the psychopath
Feb 25, 2018 3:57 AM

Feb 2016
Just gonna leave this link right here.......
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/happiness-in-world/201004/the-six-reasons-people-attempt-suicide

Yes, they could get help. But they're scared that even the people who can help won't side with them.

I've actually thought about commit suicide twice, and I can really relate to that.

YouTubeWeird Videos
Anime Edits
PixivSheetHost

- Mary ~ Death Mark

Feb 25, 2018 4:45 AM

Feb 2013
Dunno about the laws, but the harraser is the only culprit.
Feb 25, 2018 5:16 AM

Aug 2017
ofc its Suicidal Person no one made him to commit suicide. His weak ass died cuz he wanted to, no one made him. He could just ignore those people...
Feb 25, 2018 5:18 AM

Jun 2015
I'm gonna say both, so basically complicity.
Feb 25, 2018 5:37 AM

Feb 2016
ItzYoBoiSatan said:
ofc its Suicidal Person no one made him to commit suicide. His weak ass died cuz he wanted to, no one made him. He could just ignore those people...

Uhh..... read carefully.
"because of an harasser"

That someone commited suicide because of the harasser. Therefor, there's someone made him suicidal.
What I'm asking is who's at fault.

YouTubeWeird Videos
Anime Edits
PixivSheetHost

- Mary ~ Death Mark

Feb 25, 2018 5:40 AM

Aug 2017
Haoto_Akiyama said:
ItzYoBoiSatan said:

Uhh..... read carefully.
"because of an harasser"

That someone commited suicide because of the harasser. Therefor, there's someone made him suicidal.

well no...no one made him that was his choice...its impossible to make someone commit suicide...you always have more options...he could stay away from people block on internet and never interact with them. He/she could call police talk with parents or friends etc he/she was weak and stupid...
Feb 25, 2018 5:56 AM

Dec 2016
I think if someone commits suicide it isn't just because of one factor. It is from many different ones. If their life was already complete shit, with example, an abusive family, it would only cover over all other possibilites to "escape". Hence, if the suicidal person is young, it will become worse than an adult deciding things. You need good reasons to see the point of living, but where could haply be good in their eyes if they don't know where they are getting into in the future? I would blame the world on my part.
"Stand up and walk. Keep moving forward. You've got two good legs. So get up and use them. You're strong enough to make your own path."
Feb 26, 2018 12:42 AM

Feb 2016
ItzYoBoiSatan said:
Haoto_Akiyama said:

Uhh..... read carefully.
"because of an harasser"

well no...no one made him that was his choice...its impossible to make someone commit suicide...you always have more options...he could stay away from people block on internet and never interact with them. He/she could call police talk with parents or friends etc he/she was weak and stupid...

Like the example that I had given. He's drove into a corner where there's no way to hide for him and all he can see is a rope dangling in front of him.
"it's impossible to make someone commit suicide"
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/234219.php
https://afsp.org/about-suicide/suicide-statistics/
-Haoto-Feb 26, 2018 12:45 AM

YouTubeWeird Videos
Anime Edits
PixivSheetHost

- Mary ~ Death Mark

Feb 26, 2018 12:48 AM

Nov 2016
Degree of harassment is the key here. Blackmailing, battery, assault, and other extreme forms of harassment incur murder charges. For specifics, consult a legal expert.
Feb 26, 2018 12:50 AM

Jan 2009
victim blaming is so cool on the internet, i even sometimes do it too but i agree the harasser is at fault here and not the victim

reminds me of the victims of rape being blamed more at times
Feb 26, 2018 3:17 AM

Aug 2015
The harasser.

Most of the time. Probably.

❝ falling sick on a journey
my dream wanders around
fields of dry grass. ❞
()
Feb 26, 2018 11:22 AM

Aug 2017
Haoto_Akiyama said:
ItzYoBoiSatan said:

Like the example that I had given. He's drove into a corner where there's no way to hide for him and all he can see is a rope dangling in front of him.

there's an option...go to doctor they'll help you. But people that committed suicide are stupid and weak like i said, there's ALWAYS an option.
Lets say you stressed out cuz of job or school...take a break
You get bullied in school...change school
You don't do well with family...ignore them leave them alone unless you live with them...then kill them(jk) talk with them you can always talk it out
There's usually a 2nd option for everything or at least there should be
Feb 26, 2018 11:43 AM
Oct 2017
OP is at fault for making this gay thread
Feb 26, 2018 11:53 AM
Aug 2016
In this case the harasser would be at fault, but since it wasn't a direct murderer, the harasser won't be charged. The suicidal person killed himself, it's not like they were killed. To be pushed to commit suicide and to be killed by someone are two different things.
Feb 26, 2018 12:30 PM

Jan 2017
Swagernator said:
Haoto_Akiyama said:

Its the Bob's fault to be a loser and don't know how to play a stupid game. Like yeah let him play with us even hes bad as shit and we lose a game because of him, just so that he can't mentally break. Only a true friend will tell you ugly truth to your face.

Agreed. And I also voted Suicidal Person. This was a god awful example btw @Haoto_Akiyama and it sounds like you have a 13 year olds mentality. Once you've passed your mid-20s, I hope you re-read this. Because you're talking about someone killing themselves because they suck dick at a fucking game. Who gives a shit, its a fucking game. Jesus, maybe the human race is better off if someone that thinks sucking at a game is important enough to off themself actually offs themself. There's a lot more important shit in the world and worse shit in the world than being bad at video games. How about kids that die young from starvation or have never had clean drinking water a single day in their entire life? You think they cry because they suck at a video game? They fight and struggle to survive every single day to eek out an existence 1/10000th as good as someone who has the time to cry and kill themselves over sucking at a game. Jesus christ I can't understand people like you.

Feb 26, 2018 12:40 PM

Feb 2008
no, not murder. Assisted Suicide is a thing

but it wouldn't be 100% the harassers fault, speaking from experience, if someone's feeling suicidal it's usually their environment, not a specific person. So to blame a person for a suicide victims death seems like misplaced blame.
though i'm sure every situation is different.

there was a local story sometime a few months ago about 2 girls who were harassing another girl into killing herself via text and email
is it the 2 girls fault for harassing her or is it the suicide victims fault for not turning off her phone?
I think it depends on your morals tbh, but the court ruled them guilty of assisted suicide.
Feb 26, 2018 1:07 PM

Jun 2015
both are at fault here. Tho the suicidal person is still the victim.
Feb 26, 2018 1:09 PM

Jul 2015
false dichotomy
both are respionsable
not solely one party
Feb 26, 2018 1:26 PM
Jul 2018
Some of y’all really don’t sound like you know what it’s like to be mentally ill and almost driven to suicide. I get that it’s not something that’ll happen to everyone, but have a little tact about it.

I vote equal fault. Suicidal people know what they’re getting into, but the bully is also a factor in harassing them to the point where they’re so mentally broken they’d rather kill themselves.
Feb 26, 2018 2:32 PM

Dec 2016
ItzYoBoiSatan said:
Haoto_Akiyama said:

there's an option...go to doctor they'll help you. But people that committed suicide are stupid and weak like i said, there's ALWAYS an option.
You don't do well with family...ignore them leave them alone unless you live with them...then kill them(jk) talk with them you can always talk it out

You sound to be unaware and cripple in your isolation from the outside world so you got this mindset. I can see why people wouldn't go to you if they were suicidal in a real life situation and searched for the least amount of help they could get.
"Stand up and walk. Keep moving forward. You've got two good legs. So get up and use them. You're strong enough to make your own path."
Feb 26, 2018 2:38 PM

Aug 2017
lecoir said:
ItzYoBoiSatan said:

You sound to be unaware and cripple in your isolation from the outside world so you got this mindset. I can see why people wouldn't go to you if they were suicidal in a real life situation and searched for the least amount of help they could get.

if they went to me asking for help i'd tell em to F off im not a doctor and its non of my damn business i always called suicidal people stupid and always will...even tho it might seem rude but its true for me i never cared much for them...cuz no matter what you say those stupid f*cks will say otherwise and i know from experience. Best thing to do is just close them off from anything that could harm basically a room with nothing.
Feb 26, 2018 2:41 PM

Jul 2015
Not my fault people are mentally weak.
Feb 26, 2018 4:32 PM

May 2016
PsychoticDave said:

Man you have no chill lmfao. This was funny. Thank you good sir
Formerly known as:
Feb 26, 2018 11:18 PM

Feb 2016
PsychoticDave said:

You can't just say that someone enjoys harassing people either, right?
No one is the same.

YouTubeWeird Videos
Anime Edits
PixivSheetHost

- Mary ~ Death Mark

Feb 27, 2018 1:05 AM

May 2012

The responsibility can pretty well be shared.
The same harassment won't work the same on different people.

Some may kill themselves, some others else may kill the harasser.

If the harasser is the only one to blame for the suicide, then he should also be the only one to blame if he gets killed, or if the harassed person decides to shoot the whole school. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Men Are From Mars, 
Women Are From Venus 
and Gays Are From Uranus

Feb 27, 2018 3:15 AM

May 2015
Wow, I wasn't expecting the harasser to get more votes. A smidgen of faith in MAL restored.
Feb 27, 2018 3:26 AM

Oct 2017
I would say the suicidal person because he is a dumbass to commit suicide just over harassment
It's not the harasser's fault that the guy was mentally weak; He didn't force him to commit suicide did he? He chose by himself....

Feb 27, 2018 3:32 AM

Oct 2017
Haoto_Akiyama said:

It's bob's fault that he is a loser and took their words seriously, he should've rather tried his best to improve in that game... Well it's not his friends fault that he is mentally weak, is it? It was his choice to get offended and commit suicide
They never forced him to commit suicide, did they? You always have a choice and those who are trash (imo) usually commit suicide...
KatsutoSakiFeb 27, 2018 3:36 AM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What are some of your favorite animals?

DoisacChopper - Feb 10

48 by perfectlyquiet »»
28 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you care about your native culture?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 9

45 by Bruh69XD »»
29 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

45 by MasterTasuke »»
36 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

678 by Hitagi__Furude »»
2 hours ago

» Are you going to apologize?

LenRea - Mar 25

28 by Rhaelynne »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.