Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 23, 2010 2:18 PM

Jan 2009
So this guy fires a weapon right at his head he thought was empty. He was wrong.
http://www.news.com.au/world/man-shot-in-head-as-game-of-russian-roulette-ends-badly-at-wedding/story-e6frfkyi-1225844371282
People really should be more careful, I don't think holding a gun at your head is ever a good idea, loaded or not.
Here' a youtube video of it, might be disturbing to some.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Mar 23, 2010 4:12 PM

Sep 2008
So he lost? oh better luck next time.

and how do u play Russian roulette with a clip fed gun? -.-
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Mar 23, 2010 4:13 PM
Forever Fearless

Apr 2007
Rule #2 of gun safety: Never point a firearm at something you are not willing to destroy.

Jigero said:
Or not... xD lmao
Tracer_SenpaiMar 23, 2010 4:18 PM
Speed is Life - 1st ID... patch on my shoulder.

Mar 23, 2010 4:14 PM

Dec 2007
What I find amazing is that these things are posted online and lolled at when they are supposed to be disturbing and horrible.

In fact, little kids in Africa stargind and dying are also supposed to be disturbing and horrible, but they are posted everywhere and lolled at.

Not that I don't lol at them as well, but I still find some interest in the process.
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Mar 23, 2010 4:31 PM

Aug 2008
ladyxzeus said:
What I find amazing is that these things are posted online and lolled at when they are supposed to be disturbing and horrible.

Eh, it's more or less part of Internet culture now... where the laughing is aimed at: "My gosh, that dude is an idiot".

But still, yea. This sort of crap is disturbing but nothing new either... **sigh**... the Internet...
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Mar 23, 2010 4:42 PM

Feb 2010
Although it's kind of a dumb game, I do feel bad for this being posted to laugh at.

Gonna Catch 'Em All
Mar 23, 2010 5:13 PM

Aug 2009
Gypsy said:
Although it's kind of a dumb game, I do feel bad for this being posted to laugh at.

I don't. If these people are stupid enough to play Russian Roulette, whether or not it was meant to be fake, then you reap what you sow.

So I will laugh, dammit, at idiotic people for being... well, idiotic.
ycart59Mar 23, 2010 5:22 PM
Mar 23, 2010 5:48 PM

Jan 2009
A simple fact like a person idiotically ending is life doesn't really phase people but considering those involved and the trauma caused by it is really horrifying. I heard kids in that video. Those kids just saw a man die before their eyes.

Criticker|Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love,|Last.fm
the things you are, and the things you never want to lose.

Mar 23, 2010 6:00 PM
Jun 2008
If I was going to kill myself, I wouldn't do it so stupidly.
Mar 23, 2010 6:14 PM
Feb 2010
eh? poor guy better luck next time when he plays stupidity

Mar 23, 2010 6:17 PM

Jul 2009
That's just messed up...why would you bring a gun to a wedding anyways...
Mar 23, 2010 10:43 PM

Apr 2008
brokenstubsiepoo said:
A simple fact like a person idiotically ending is life doesn't really phase people but considering those involved and the trauma caused by it is really horrifying. I heard kids in that video. Those kids just saw a man die before their eyes.
article says that the man is in 'poor condition', not pushing up daisies.

Mar 23, 2010 10:53 PM

Apr 2008
News.com.au should have tried to find a better file photo for a Russian roulette story.
Mar 23, 2010 11:22 PM

Oct 2009
yea I was dissapointed at the lack of detail... it looked suspicious like how did he not know it was loaded, and why didn't it fire the first time? it was jammed? then why did he slap it when the guy went to fire? was intentional like what?
Mar 24, 2010 12:36 AM

Apr 2008
Well, isn't that the point of Russian Roulette?
Mar 24, 2010 3:15 AM

Jun 2008
MisterSaito said:
brokenstubsiepoo said:

Probably because the other guy pushed his hand away at the last moment, am amazed it didn't hit some other guy standing at the side of the camera or the camera man. Are you guys certain the pullet hit the guy?

The whole thing seems very stupid though. First you can't play Russian roulette with that gun and second the first guy didn't even shoot it, his finger was behind the tricker and she just pushed her forward and he didn't even armed the pistol. He just moved his hand the first time while he armed it properly the second time.
Didn't anyone see that?
What the hell? He knew they where pullets in the gun and still armed it for the second guy?
Mar 24, 2010 3:27 AM

Nov 2007
Plate said:
News.com.au should have tried to find a better file photo for a Russian roulette story.

They're not exactly known for their journalistic integrity. Or even any semblance of accuracy...
Mar 24, 2010 6:55 AM

Nov 2007
It's...Russian Roulette...that's the point...someone dies or don't...all luck...

Although...a clip-fed gun in RR. What a dumb@$$.
Mar 24, 2010 7:49 AM

Aug 2009
Jigero said:

you dont. which just proves how retarded this person was....
Mar 24, 2010 7:56 AM

Dec 2009
Jigero said:

my thoughts exactly.

and honestly, its just common sense that you dont point a gun at anything or anyone you dont want to shoot. no one should have to tell you this, and if you havent realized this, you really are an idiot.
Mar 24, 2010 10:27 AM
Forever Fearless

Apr 2007
They could have mixed snap caps or powderless cartridges with a real round. (actually makes since/gives you higher odds of winning, if you think about it.)

btw, its a magazine fed gun. A >"clip"< is a piece of sheet metal that holds cartridges together, or something like what the M1 Garand uses to make it easier the load a magazine. ; )

Mar 24, 2010 10:31 AM

Apr 2008
Monad said:

Probably because the other guy pushed his hand away at the last moment, am amazed it didn't hit some other guy standing at the side of the camera or the camera man. Are you guys certain the pullet hit the guy?

The whole thing seems very stupid though. First you can't play Russian roulette with that gun and second the first guy didn't even shoot it, his finger was behind the tricker and she just pushed her forward and he didn't even armed the pistol. He just moved his hand the first time while he armed it properly the second time.
Didn't anyone see that?
What the hell? He knew they where pullets in the gun and still armed it for the second guy?

Well, the article says that it was a party trick that the first guy had, and that there were rubber bullets loaded, not real bullets.

"I expected lots of applause after I did it and never guess someone would repeat it."

He insisted he had taken out all the bullets before doing his party "trick".

some applause.

Mar 24, 2010 12:26 PM

Nov 2009
This thread is kinda stating the obvious. Its Russian Roulette, you either die or live.
Mar 24, 2010 12:38 PM

Oct 2009
Well, at least he's alive. Only paralyzed. :|
Mar 24, 2010 1:32 PM

Mar 2010
Should I be glad that I have dial up so that gives me an excuse not to watch the video?

Yeah next time he should try it with a semi-automatic.
Mar 24, 2010 1:50 PM

Dec 2009
Next on the news, a game gone awry? A man who was tagged in a game of freeze tag.

"I was just standing there, just... still for a good 5 minutes... it was so horrible. Nobody tagged me back in. And we lost"
Mar 24, 2010 2:01 PM
Nov 2008
Pretty retarded to play it with that kind of gun. I mean this one is a semi automatic I think. Any semi automatic or automatic gun is 100% sure to fire that bullet in you head.

I think that nothing compares to playing it. I did only once for one round and the adrenaline rush is something you never forget. But then again some people can easily live without it. After that one round I was pretty sure to never play it again. The statistic 1/6th of chance for every player without re spinning is pretty high.
Mar 24, 2010 2:57 PM

Oct 2009
I don't think it was supposed to be real russian roulette guys, the man obviously wouldn't have pointed a clip fed gun at his head and fired if he thought it was loaded, they were just playing "mock russian roulette" The person who was trying to do his "party trick" is obviously a stupid moronic piece of shit, who should be locked up for a good long time. forgive my language, but I mean really.
Mar 24, 2010 3:01 PM

Feb 2008
Hehe, whatever true or not, it's his fault for diying. No one elses.
You are the director of your own fate.
The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal name. The nameless is the beginning of heaven and Earth. The named is the mother of the ten thousand things.
I do not recall, Jesus ever saying "build churches, temples, and kill those who doesn't follow christianity..." nor he said "christianity is religion".
News for VN immigrants in EU: vietinfo.eu

Mar 24, 2010 3:48 PM

Oct 2009
once again the article didn't say he died per say, just paralyzed and brain damaged, although i might prefer death than that. But yea I think it's partially his fault, but also very much that guy who showd up with loaded gun and pretended to play russian roulette at a wedding.
Mar 24, 2010 4:03 PM

Feb 2008
Jigero said:

i don't know. depends on perspective i suppose. score one for the gene pool.
Mar 24, 2010 4:26 PM

Jan 2009
MisterSaito said:
brokenstubsiepoo said:

hmm. I should've read that. If the guy is still alive to laugh about it afterwards then I suppose I could too.

Mar 24, 2010 4:34 PM

Oct 2009
that is assuming he didn't suffer so much brain damage that he can still laugh, and that the paralysis that's mentioned isn't governing that site of the brain that would control his "laughter" mucles. ahh im not trying to be a total downer here, but this guys situation looks bleak, dead or not, a rubber bullet penetrate his brain...
Cloud4126Mar 24, 2010 4:39 PM
Mar 24, 2010 4:36 PM

Aug 2008
To anyone who doesn't understand how to play Russian Roulette with a magazine-fed firearm.

-You take 1 live round and (x) number of blanks or spent cartridges.
-Have someone shuffle them and load them into the magazine out of sight.
-The loaded gun is presented to the players.
-Player trusts the loader enough to not load the first shot with a live round, or cycle up to (x-1) number of rounds before shooting.
-If live round is ejected before being shot, the magazine is reset.
-Player points the gun at himself and pulls the trigger.
-Profit?

Can I get a patent for this?
DeseradaMar 24, 2010 4:42 PM
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.
Mar 24, 2010 4:41 PM

Oct 2009
still pretty stupid though, I mean if there ever was an approriate reason to play that kind of deadly game, it'd still make more sense to do it with a revolver i think.
Mar 24, 2010 4:43 PM

Jan 2009
sinnige69 said:
that is assuming he didn't suffer so much brain damage that he can still laugh, and that the paralysis that's mentioned isn't governing that site of the brain that would control his "laughter" mucles. ahh im not trying to be a total downer here, but this guys situation looks bleak, dead or not, a rubber bullet penetrate his brain...

It could be worse. He could have had his face torn off by a gorilla. But none of this is very laughable in the first place and I still strongly believe that it's just not right for people to treat these matters so ruggedly.

Mar 24, 2010 4:44 PM

Aug 2008
sinnige69 said:
still pretty stupid though, I mean if there ever was an approriate reason to play that kind of deadly game, it'd still make more sense to do it with a revolver i think.
C'mon its a celebration! Grab the gun and let's have some fun! /sarcasm

Also, you saying deadly game reminded me of The Most Dangerous Game. Semi-appropriate no?

zaroff.jpg
DeseradaMar 24, 2010 4:48 PM
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.
Mar 24, 2010 5:07 PM

Feb 2008
sinnige69 said:
once again the article didn't say he died per say, just paralyzed and brain damaged, although i might prefer death than that. But yea I think it's partially his fault, but also very much that guy who showd up with loaded gun and pretended to play russian roulette at a wedding.

No, the guy who show'd up, with loaded gun, and pretended to play russian roulette isn't much at fault as the other guy. The other guy could easily just refuse. If he just laughed at what he did, he's just hiding the fact, that he's stupid. I bet he's regreting that he even played the game, knowing that it was dangerous.
The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal name. The nameless is the beginning of heaven and Earth. The named is the mother of the ten thousand things.
I do not recall, Jesus ever saying "build churches, temples, and kill those who doesn't follow christianity..." nor he said "christianity is religion".
News for VN immigrants in EU: vietinfo.eu

Mar 24, 2010 6:07 PM

Jan 2010
Wow, pretty brutal.
Mar 24, 2010 7:12 PM

Aug 2008
Apparently the bullet was made of rubber. Still caused a severe head injury, however.
Mar 24, 2010 9:20 PM

Oct 2009
spupapi said:
sinnige69 said:

No, the guy who show'd up, with loaded gun, and pretended to play russian roulette isn't much at fault as the other guy. The other guy could easily just refuse. If he just laughed at what he did, he's just hiding the fact, that he's stupid. I bet he's regreting that he even played the game, knowing that it was dangerous.

naturally I think he would regret it! if there's enough brain left for him to regret that is, all I'm saying is the man did not think it was real, yes I grant that he's partially at fault, and probably stupid but everyone makes mistakes, it's just unfortunate that this guy's mistake led to such unfortunate circumstances. And I still think that guy is at fault totally for bringing a gun to a wedding in the first place! I mean if he had a legit reason to bring a gun anywhere even if it's rubber bullets, it should be holstered and tucked away at all times. They were both idiots now that I look back on it, treating guns like toys...
Mar 25, 2010 1:07 AM

Nov 2009
Indeed, why bring a gun to a wedding? I mean, does he plan to kill the newlyweds?
Mar 25, 2010 12:36 PM
Forever Fearless

Apr 2007
Maybe it was a shotgun wedding? lol jk

I dont think anyone els said anything but that guy is noticeably wasted (and the guy with the mic did try to stop him from doing it). So i'm guessing that played the key roll in doing what he did.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.