Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 3, 2018 4:49 AM

Feb 2016
It's my 1st time seeing a blue screen lasted for more than 5 minutes.

I'm not a programmer so I don't understand what the codes mean.
I'm reporting this incase if this keeps happening.

YouTubeWeird Videos
Anime Edits
PixivSheetHost

"Salvation is a thin thread dangling from heaven."
- Mary ~ Death Mark

Feb 3, 2018 7:37 AM

Feb 2015
Do you always have the same error message or does it change every time?

If it's always the same it might be because of outdated drivers or might have installed something you shouldn't have.
Feb 3, 2018 7:38 AM

Feb 2016
It's actually my 1st time seeing this kind of blue screen. That lasts more than 5 minutes.

YouTubeWeird Videos
Anime Edits
PixivSheetHost

- Mary ~ Death Mark

Feb 3, 2018 9:24 AM
Jul 2018
Oh, shit! It's the BSOD (Blue Screen of Death)!!

If you don't know what I mean, then here...

A stop error, better known as a Blue Screen of Death (also known as a blue screen or BSoD) is an error screen displayed on a Windows computer system after a fatal system error, also known as a system crash: when the operating system reaches a condition where it can no longer operate safely. (taken from Wikipedia)
Feb 3, 2018 9:37 AM

Sep 2016
I got that screen a couple of times before on my PC.
I think it's because your laptop overheated or because there's too much dust inside.

After constantly getting it for a few months, I decided to clean the dust inside my PC (the fan especially) and the screen stopped popping up altogether.

Does your laptop crash when watching a video in 1080p after a couple of minutes?
If so then it's the dust inside.

🔥You're looking at someone🔥

🔥Who is superior to you🔥

🔥You have my permission to🔥

🔥Bask in my glow🔥

Feb 3, 2018 2:23 PM

Jan 2009
From what I got, it seems to be either a Driver Problem with some WiFi-Card or a Problem with the Virtual Memory or a Problem with the physical Memory. You could check whether updating/downgrading/reinstalling your Drivers, freeing some Space on your Disk (at least 15% should stay free) and/or having your Paging File managed by the System, or changing the Memory Sticks helps.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_install/received-blue-screen-error-stop-0x000000d1/02d674fe-5064-48bd-9012-49c054a9b905?auth=1

Not always do Bluescreens have to be of a permanent Nature. If it doesn't happen often, you can just restart your Computer and don't think about it. Having Backups of your important Data is highly recommended, though.

I also had a Bluescreen on my Laptop just some Days ago, which was probably due to the faulty Bios-Update after the rushed Patch from Intel had been ported to my System, but since then, I haven't had any Problems of that Sort at all.
Feb 3, 2018 9:27 PM

Feb 2016
@aSuperiorGamer

No, it doesn't crash after watching 1080p videos.

I think you're right. I left it on for about 12 hours or so... Overheating it.
And, it's almost Chinese News Year, so I already cleaned the laptop. I don't think it's the dust. Though, I do believe that dust is also the cause.

YouTubeWeird Videos
Anime Edits
PixivSheetHost

- Mary ~ Death Mark

Feb 3, 2018 9:54 PM

Nov 2012
Most common causes of blue screens are memory or driver issues from my experience. I'd start with running memtest86+ to rule out the memory. The next thing to do after that would be to try reinstalling several drivers, like your wifi, audio, video, etc.

That's assuming this is a recurring issue though. If you only had this blue screen once after leaving the laptop on for 12 hours, and it hasn't done it since, I probably wouldn't bother.
kingcity20 said:
Oh for the love of
-_- nvm gotta love MAL
Feb 3, 2018 10:54 PM

Feb 2013
Search "athrx.sys" on the interwebs and you will find information. (bad windows update or a bad driver needs upgrading or downgrading)
Feb 3, 2018 11:47 PM

Apr 2013
I had this once, I just restarted my PC and it went away. :]
Feb 4, 2018 12:20 PM

Jul 2011
If you havent cleaned your PC's inside for a while, it tends to heat up and cause that screen.

Not sure if that is the case with yours but going by my experience, thats what happened when I was playing a game and it caused that.

Cleaning it afterwards resolved the issue.
Feb 4, 2018 3:54 PM

Aug 2009
Most of the BSODs I had in the past were because of hardware overheating. Get some canned air or a air compressor and dust the CPU fan,heatsink, graphics card, power supply and anything else that can get dust on it.And sometimes the inside of the graphics card. If you got cats and dogs then you got to dust more often.

More topics from this board

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

9 by Timeline_man »»
5 minutes ago

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

14 by Timeline_man »»
7 minutes ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

29 by _Nette_ »»
15 minutes ago

» Favorite gaming cover art?

_Nette_ - Today

1 by Zettaiken »»
27 minutes ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3510 by rurina-chan »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.