Forum Settings
Forums
Puella Magi Tart Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2018 7:20 PM

Feb 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
This was an amazing ending. I don't quite understand how Riz's soul gem got there, but miracles are events that can't be explained by science or reason alone. I was worried this manga's ending would be rushed, but that proved not to be the case. This is easily the best thing to come out of the Puella Magi universe, to include the original anime.

I also want to praise this manga's drive for historical accuracy. The bibliography with 40 sources used this manga shows the care the authors went to to make this story. I also appreciate how the handled the delicately the handled Christianity from a country that isn't Christian. Tart is a fiction depiction of an actual saint, and they made sure Tart lived the life of a saint.
Mar 1, 2018 11:24 PM

Mar 2017
I'm not sure whether I'd call this better than the original Madoka Magica, but it was certainly a great spin-off! I liked the historical aspect as well, who knew that combining magical girls with history lessons could be so interesting. I thought it had some cool new concepts and twists, so it didn't feel rehashed at all.

I just felt like some explanations broke the flow of the story a bit, so the pacing wasn't that great. And there were either a few too many fight scenes, or they went on for too long. But those are my only complaints!
Mar 3, 2018 6:32 PM

Feb 2012
cptlee39 said:
I'm not sure whether I'd call this better than the original Madoka Magica, but it was certainly a great spin-off!

The "original" Madoka Magica is a pretty shallow show with one of the best plot twists in anime, and it looked really nice. However, the success that Madoka Magica had caused numerous different official works to come in and fill in many of the numerous gaps. The result is that the Mami and the Kyoko from the movie Rebellion come from the manga "The Different Story" rather than the original anime. Pretty much every aspect of Madoka Magica has been reworked since the anime has originally aired, and that has made the series much better.
Mar 4, 2018 1:27 AM

Mar 2017
I agree with you on the last part, that the spin-offs did a lot for the franchise. Especially the Different Story is pretty much essential, and I think that one is the one spin-off that can reach the brilliance of the original by expanding on those two characters!

But we have to agree to disagree on the first part. I don't think Madoka Magica is shallow. Even without the spin-offs, I think the open questions and lack of backstory for some characters aren't a real detriment. The show is short, so it was natural that the focus would be on certain things and other stuff would get neglected in the process. I loved the pacing, I indeed loved how the show looked, and you forgot to mention the excellent soundtrack as well!

But thanks for the insightful little discussion here. I can definitely see where you are coming from.
Feb 25, 2019 7:15 PM

May 2018
Okay, I'm a sucker for fiction like this, where the author took great pains to do their research (the very first novel I read of my own accord was Jurassic park, so I've grown to love this style where the story pauses to explain this important history/science thing). I really appreciate the captions and the author notes at the end of each volume too. In fact this was the main draw for me and the reason I decided to read this even though, as one quick glance from my manga list shows, I'm not really a manga reader.

Has it been only 5 volumes? It feels such a long time, I've grown to love Tart, Riz, Melissa and Elisa.and I've also enjoyed the villanous trio of Corbeau, Lapin and Minou.

This chapter was great. I like that shot of Madokami in the sky.

So uh, kinda off topic but
those girls Isabeau converted, do they count towards madoka's wish? Or they don't because they're fake?
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Nov 16, 2020 6:06 AM

Jul 2020
Nemesis_Ranka said:
Okay, I'm a sucker for fiction like this, where the author took great pains to do their research (the very first novel I read of my own accord was Jurassic park, so I've grown to love this style where the story pauses to explain this important history/science thing). I really appreciate the captions and the author notes at the end of each volume too. In fact this was the main draw for me and the reason I decided to read this even though, as one quick glance from my manga list shows, I'm not really a manga reader.

Has it been only 5 volumes? It feels such a long time, I've grown to love Tart, Riz, Melissa and Elisa.and I've also enjoyed the villanous trio of Corbeau, Lapin and Minou.

This chapter was great. I like that shot of Madokami in the sky.

So uh, kinda off topic but
those girls Isabeau converted, do they count towards madoka's wish? Or they don't because they're fake?

I think so, as long as they became witches.
If they never became witches then they're broken like Isabeau forever

Apr 23, 2022 5:17 PM

May 2010
One of the better spin-offs that came from Madoka universe for sure, especially the conclusion was really good. Didn't enjoy the middle part that much though, I especially didn't care a lotfor the maid girl, and Elisa joined the fam too late. Didn't really like villain sisters either, most of the time I was just bored. Even their design with these stupid masks just annoyed the hell out of me. Somehow I think that if I saw their faces during more emotional scenes, I could appreciate them more.

Wasn't the biggest fan of artstyle as well, although I loved some of the witch designs, that's for sure. Liked the story in general, wish I cared more for the characters though... 6.5/10

Madoka scene at the very end was a really nice touch <3

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Tart★Magica: The Legend of "Jeanne d'Arc" Chapter 2 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Jul 5, 2015

1 by TrueReset »»
Nov 11, 2020 7:35 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Tart★Magica: The Legend of "Jeanne d'Arc" Chapter 1 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Jul 5, 2015

1 by TrueReset »»
Nov 11, 2020 7:24 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Tart★Magica: The Legend of "Jeanne d'Arc" Chapter 20 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Jan 28, 2018

1 by Nemesis_Ranka »»
Feb 25, 2019 6:46 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Tart★Magica: The Legend of "Jeanne d'Arc" Chapter 19 Discussion

1 by Nemesis_Ranka »»
Feb 25, 2019 6:28 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Tart★Magica: The Legend of "Jeanne d'Arc" Chapter 18 Discussion

1 by Nemesis_Ranka »»
Feb 25, 2019 6:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.