Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 20, 2018 5:06 AM

Mar 2016
Slow paced, CGDCT, from kirara and yonkoma. That's all i needed to fill my busy week by watching at weekend. Classic CGDCT without proper goal and plot that i didnt get in few season

The episode has CUTE nothing i could say.
And we know how this anime called "Slow Start"

Hana... you should tell the truth to your "Kouhai"

Then i hope next episode just like this

Jan 20, 2018 8:33 AM

Nov 2011
In this winter season 2018, there are many series of soul character of slice of life, all different from each other, without taking into account those of the past season, a real pleasure in short. It is understood that this is the classic CGDCT anime series, but this is not to be considered inferior to many others of the same genre. Adorable the story, I felt sad at first as I saw Hana suffering from mumps. Now you understand why the series has this title, I appreciate the effort made by the narration to make us understand why, one more point to the anime series. I also positively evaluate the work done by the plot from now on to make us better understand the interpersonal bonds that exist between the characters and the construction of the environmental context. Cute and well made drawings, the same for animations. Fun the question of the bento of Shion.
Jan 20, 2018 1:02 PM

Aug 2016
The series was off to a slow start with episode 1, fittingly enough, but it's definitely improved now that the characters and their relationships have been established. One detail about the first episode that I liked was the characters' movements -- they never stayed perfectly still, but the movements were still subtle and natural enough that it didn't just look terrible -- And luckily they didn't slack in that department this episode either.

Also, I'm just gonna get the obligatory meme out of the way.
Jan 21, 2018 1:29 PM
Dec 2017
Is this silly pandering what we really deserve? Socially awkward girl goes to school, immediately makes 3 friends deus ex machina and she has big sis with big oppai for fan service but without any context. Instead we could have a socially awkward girl return to high school, never make any friends there, but she still has a big oppai friend from junior high. Do you realize Slow Start is wasting the very celluloid which should make Watamote season2? Japan is hopeless!
Jan 21, 2018 7:36 PM

Mar 2009
Kamuri sure is cute.

Also, dat end card. Shion would be a perfect wife.
Jan 24, 2018 2:48 PM

Jul 2009
Oh boy, that sports test sounds difficult ... I was super unathletic during high school too XD Man Tama doesn't seem like the type to be super good at cooking, but that's good to see haha. Shion is low key savage LOL XD Good to see a little more of what happened to Hana and why she had to miss a year, getting sick for the entrance exams sounds pretty sucky :(
Jan 29, 2018 2:19 AM

Jan 2012
Kamuri is still cute.

That aside... this episode was somewhat less exciting than the last one. They spent a little more time on some less fun scenes... It wasn't quite overloaded with excitement and cuteness like the last one...

20% drama 30% food 40% sports 10% other - something like that. It needed a little less sports, drama, and food and a little more comedy and cuteness.

And then there was that dirty joke... That reference is surely too blatant to be accidental. It was good enough to bring it up, but they really went and rubbed it in.
That was the second highlight of the episode, first being Kamuri's cuteness - which made it all worthwhile.

I'm hoping the rest will go more like episode 1 did.

Lolis FTW ~!

NyaaJan 29, 2018 2:33 AM
Jan 29, 2018 7:31 PM
Jul 2018
lol that random naruto run
Feb 3, 2018 8:54 AM

Aug 2013
The sports test was torturous for Hana.

Shion-chan best girl. The lunchbox at the end lol. Tama was great in this episode.

Great end card.

Apr 3, 2018 11:21 AM

Jul 2009
Hana had bad luck, but now she is full of nice friends.
OMG, I love Shion!!!
Apr 7, 2018 4:16 PM

Mar 2013
elkensteyin said:
Just need to mention that it is illegal for schools to hold back a student who misses an entrance exam due to illness

By law, both in Japan and the US, they are absolutely required to allow the student to take the entrance exam after they are over their illness.

tell that to baka to test :^)
Aug 8, 2018 9:44 AM

May 2012
Fun character development I must say, quite like their usual school life already! Let's see what's next.
Feb 16, 2020 11:49 AM

Aug 2018
I wonder, why Hana missed a school year?..
Oh, so it was illness.. Still it's pretty strange, that if you'll miss exams to go to high school, that you'll miss year.. I mean, don't illness or breaking your bones, or something happens all the time?.. It's pretty strange system in Japan, if you miss a year if you miss exams to high school..
And what, if you get ill the next year as well - miss another year then?.. It sounds like BS, honestly..
Hana running is too cute.. ;p Yeah, I know that it probably quite suck for her, though, while she runs like that.. Well.. Maybe she'll get more in form after some time.. Or maybe not.. Either way, I'm not a fan of school having PE, even if I was kinda alright with it.. I just find it not enjoyable.. But overall school is like that, having some things we don't like.. School sucks in this aspect.. You get used to it eventually, but it's still a drag.. As well as life, to be honest, lol.. If to take that you have to gain money for living expenses and taxes.. Just why do we have to live, really, such a drag.. ;p Well, at least there are other things in life as well, like anime, or stuff, but still things to deal with, such a drag..
Em.. Did Hana really enjoyed imagining Tama nude?.. ;p
Hana doesn't trust her friends enough still to tell that she missed a year.. Well, I myself not trust everyone with everything as well.. But maybe with time Hana will be alright with this, or maybe not, it'll be alright like that as well, I guess, if she'll be alright with this herself..
Feb 23, 2021 4:42 PM

Apr 2018
For those who don't know, there's actually a hentai about the MC collecting Imouto Juice to lift off a curse ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 18, 2022 4:33 AM

Aug 2017
The dialogue is better this time. We know more about Hana previous life and I'm glad.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 27, 2022 12:49 AM

Feb 2020
Another cute episode.

Hana looked hilarious with mumps. x3

"Kanaetamae!" Aww, those outfits.

Poor Hana. That sports test was nothing but a torture for her.

Kamuri is surprisingly athletic. I mean, wow! She has a talent.

That yuri end card with Shion and Hana was awesome.
Apr 17, 2023 12:45 AM
Apr 2023
ini anime sangat bagus
Dec 16, 2023 7:48 AM

Nov 2023
Wow, Kamuri sure is a cute girl.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Slow Start Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2018

46 by Tsune_3 »»
Mar 11, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Slow Start Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

82 by nanajp »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:52 AM

Poll: » Slow Start Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2018

49 by nanajp »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:52 AM

Poll: » Slow Start Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2018

53 by nanajp »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:51 AM

Poll: » Slow Start Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

31 by nanajp »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.