Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 5, 2018 1:25 AM
Dec 2017
twilight10_x said:
Still better than Ousama Game.

Agree , this anime atleast have better ending xD
Jan 5, 2018 7:59 AM

Dec 2007
Im surprised i finished this series, usually there is that one show on the season playlist I watch that isn't on the level that is drop worthy but stick to the end, but im sure that true for everyone. it was in ight the rating scale

Jan 6, 2018 2:52 AM

Dec 2010
fireshadowdr said:
Im surprised i finished this series, usually there is that one show on the season playlist I watch that isn't on the level that is drop worthy but stick to the end, but im sure that true for everyone. it was in ight the rating scale

This show keep people interested even with the bad animation, direction and plot holes because it succeed to keep the tension alive and constantly (sexual abuse, bullying, drug traffic, murdering, competition), you want to know what's going and how these guys will manage to survive, you feel bad for them and the whole drama wasn't very predictable.
This is the strong point of the show and why lots of people who dislike it endure to watch till the end. :D
Jan 7, 2018 4:28 AM

Apr 2014
I'm honestly surprised this series is ranked significantly higher than King's Game, which isn't saying much but still.
Man I'm really hoping Kokkou and Ito can save horror anime. Such mediocre horror anime released as of late the past couple of years.

Gave this anime 5/10, might lower it to 4.
Jan 7, 2018 2:33 PM

Feb 2012
twilight10_x said:
Still better than Ousama Game.

At least Ousama Game has a better rocking OP music by coldrain![/quote]

the only Good thing about OOsama Game xD all Hail coldrain.
im not even sure how they made coldrain sing for a show this bad...

on other hand i actually enjoy Evil or Live.
feel like it can actually much better. have potential to expanded.
6/10
i wish and dream for the Future where everyone i care can Smile happily from their heart. But no matter where i look. how ever i see... there s no me. im not there. Just like that.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 9, 2018 3:15 PM
Mar 2015
So....what the fuck happened in the end?
Jan 11, 2018 12:17 PM

Feb 2013
I think this show is rated almost exactly where it should be. The people giving it 8 9 or 10's maybe just didn't care that the plot was.....a bit all over the place....and the people giving it a 1 2 or 3 maybe just had a bad feel from the start and there was nothing that could change their mind. It wasn't a TERRIBLE show, I've seen so much worse...the premise was decent, characters were ok, they had plenty of backstory, although the animation wasn't the best, they made it work for what it was. But it also wasn't AMAZING by any means either.

For me it was enjoyable, just had some flaws that I couldn't overlook.

6/10
Jan 13, 2018 7:13 PM

Dec 2010
so did shioris brother end up dying?
Jan 14, 2018 6:51 AM

Dec 2010
Quite good, ending episodes are much better than the begining. Less humour, more plot.

All in all it was pretty average with some decent moments. I do not understand the hate. At leaast in the Ousama Game everyone was doing impossibly stupid things.

NihilisticLoner said:
But why did he start with Hibiki, who came WAY later before Shin did?

[/quote]

Well, my impression is that he tried some of it with the glasses boy, but he failed. Maybe he was looking for desperate people? Hibiki almost jumped there. People like Shiori and Yog were not ready to play in a team.

I think that Shin lost his faith in Hibiki, but then he saw the change and wanted to use it to complete his plans.
Jan 21, 2018 8:50 PM

Dec 2008
I can't believe I finished this. It was absolutely horrible. I hope the web manhua is much better. Not that I actually plan on reading it.
Feb 4, 2018 6:12 AM

Dec 2012
OK, they are free now. The end was a bit ambiguous, we don't really know if they are dead or not.
At the end, I liked that they showed the ED because there are a lot of pictures of the destroyed school, it fits well with the end.

In overall, I liked the story more than I thought. It became interesting when Hibiki's behavior changed. It was cool to see him gather the whole school.
However, the animation was pretty bad and there were even scenes where the voice was not syncing with the characters' expression.

Very good OP song.
Feb 5, 2018 12:22 PM

Oct 2007
Dang, do they have to end it right there? Such a waste, why not went a little further?
Evil or Live is bad anime with interesting idea and none existence budget. But at the very least I didn't have the one wish "I wish I forget all of this" as I did after completing a certain anime.
SivaFeb 5, 2018 12:45 PM

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Feb 11, 2018 1:32 AM
Mar 2012
Art & even occasional backgrounds get so terrible with flash animation on top, but got used to it lol.
Somewhat better end than parts of the show. Interesting plot, but lots of missing confusing pieces. Where did Jun go (amusement park?), what really happened to Shiori (seems very ill, but did get saved), what were all the students doing in the dorm not going to the field...& all beatup later...
Apr 19, 2018 8:38 AM

Feb 2016
Anybody know where I can read the manga/manhua ?
Can't be bothered anymore
Nov 2, 2018 1:35 AM
Jan 2017
Ok the anime is interesting similar to prison school.. and ranbow,,
the anime is telling about the boy who send to military like,,
and i can see the situatiion like hell, when the strongest student is king,,
overal the violent, fight, psychologicall is strong,, the story is good but the ending like, nothing special happen here, just hibiki become cruel and badass after prisoned about 2 week and manage to take over
the school and be the top next hibiki planing to escape from school with the girl..
after beat shin brother and make the world know about the school, and the school was burn in fire then hibiki let few student escape and decide to help shin,,
just end like that nothing special
Jan 6, 2019 10:35 PM

Nov 2009
It took me like a year to finally finish this, but questionable direction and animation aside, it wasn't so bad. I wouldn't even mind to read the manhwa (which is apparently different? Is Shin still alive?) though I can't find it in English.

Overall 6/10
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jan 7, 2019 10:50 PM
Jul 2016
CG said:
It took me like a year to finally finish this, but questionable direction and animation aside, it wasn't so bad. I wouldn't even mind to read the manhwa (which is apparently different? Is Shin still alive?) though I can't find it in English.

Overall 6/10

I saw somewhere on mal or gogoanime that it's originally korean and it hasn't ended yet so the ending is original. And if you ask me they didn't necessarily have to die.

But could someone enlighten me, what was the third thing that hibiki was told by shin? I haven't been sleeping well recently and am quite afraid that i might have missed it.

In the end i must admit that the show was truly enjoyable for me and even though it could have been better, it is safe to assume that it was decent and kinda worth watching.
KorestoSep 2, 2019 2:01 PM
Apr 11, 2019 7:18 AM
Sep 2013
i think, I need ova edition.
Sep 2, 2019 10:53 AM

Aug 2013
10/10 slow-motion back-handed slap by head instructor Shian
Sep 2, 2019 10:54 AM

Aug 2013
Koresto said:
CG said:

Overall 6/10

I saw somewhere on mal przez gogoanime that it's originally korean and it hasn't ended yet so the ending is original. And if you ask me they didn't necessarily have to die.

But could someone enlighten me, what was the third thing that hibiki was told by shin? I haven't been sleeping well recently and am quite afraid that i might have missed it.

In the end i must admit that the show was truly enjoyable for me and even though it could have been better, it is safe to assume that it was decent and kinda worth watching.

I think I read somewhere it is Chinese. Especially since the ED song was in Chinese.
Jul 25, 2020 4:09 AM
Jul 2020
I am so confused here with the ending of this anime. The story about Jun and Hiori's character is not too complete in my opinion, there are still many irregularities.Is the ending they die together at the roof? Is Shin smiling while shedding tears because he is proud that his job to expose the badness of the school has succeeded?
Mar 9, 2021 3:09 AM

Feb 2020
It had bad animation and story was all over the place. It's a bad adaptation. It a Chinese anime so its not that unexpected. But still it overall interesting premise and had potential if it was made properly. I did kind of enjoyed it. Also op was really good for some reason (as if they put their entire budget into opening)

I actually checked out the manhua it was way better. That fatty leader Wudo has way bigger role in it and was a better character. Only 70 chapter are in English, so I checked Chinese raw
AdampkMar 9, 2021 3:25 AM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Oct 6, 2021 7:16 AM
Jul 2020
Koolman511 said:
I felt like most of the scenes were rushed or missing parts and could do with a ova or second season to slowly explain in more detail.

Shiori gets raped before thrown into the cell? Was the flashback that takes places when she was raped and locked in the cell?
what really no wonder I felt like this wasn’t worth the watch hopefully she wasn’t tho
Oct 6, 2021 7:17 AM
Jul 2020
Adampk said:
It had bad animation and story was all over the place. It's a bad adaptation. It a Chinese anime so its not that unexpected. But still it overall interesting premise and had potential if it was made properly. I did kind of enjoyed it. Also op was really good for some reason (as if they put their entire budget into opening)

I actually checked out the manhua it was way better. That fatty leader Wudo has way bigger role in it and was a better character. Only 70 chapter are in English, so I checked Chinese raw
does shiori get raped
Jul 23, 2022 4:17 PM
Dec 2021
Okay, so, first of all, I went into this being told it's terrible. So those were my expectations. I also wasn't exactly sure what the plot is supposed to be because the MAL description doesn't really say a lot. During the first few episodes I thought this is going to be one of those "so bad it's entertaining" shows. Well I guess I was wrong because I changed my mind in the middle. It's certainly not the best thing ever and a lot of things could be improved, but it was entertaining and kept my interest and I watched it all in one day, which gives it a bonus.

It feels a bit unrealistic though how a weak loser MC could have ended up so strong and manipulative like that. Especially with how corny he used to act. Is that much of a change really possible, even in severe circumstances like the school (aka prison) they're being held in? Idk, I'd expect those actions from someone who'd have shown sociopathic traits since the start. It's a bit hard to climb to the top of the school by being a good person.

I didn't really like the rest of the characters. The girls were too annoying and I still don't get what Hibiki saw in Shiori. The only one I liked since the start was Shin, and he lived up to my expectations - burning up the school is a chad move, 10/10

Some of the moments (I'm not sure if all were meant to be taken that way though) were absolute comedy gold. Though a lot of the plot also comes off as a bad excuse for someone's fetish. I still can't get over the dog-master thing.

Overall I actually liked the anime. This was one of the few times I actually liked the ending. I usually find them either too happy and corny which annoys me, or too sad which makes me sad as well. I think it was very fitting.

Most likely an unpopular opinion but I'm giving this a 7/10.

Sep 9, 2023 9:28 PM
Tsumi To Kisei

Nov 2021
A different ending from the Webtoon but which I seriously appreciated a lot,

I'm very sorry for Hibiki's death, I'm happy that in the final scene we see Shiori awakening.

Truly an anime that involved me a lot. It was really worth watching
Nov 18, 2023 4:34 PM
Jun 2023
it was pretty decent show
Dec 14, 2023 11:39 AM
Feb 2022
Hello,

Did someone read the manga/light novel? What happended after the last scene? Did they survive? Did Hibiki married the girl he loved?

Thanks.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Evil or Live Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2017

105 by Naho2863 »»
Jan 29, 6:19 PM

Poll: » Evil or Live Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2017

18 by alteredsnow »»
Jul 23, 2022 3:27 PM

Poll: » Evil or Live Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2017

11 by alteredsnow »»
Jul 23, 2022 2:05 PM

Poll: » Evil or Live Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2017

24 by alteredsnow »»
Jul 23, 2022 1:13 PM

Poll: » Evil or Live Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2017

30 by alteredsnow »»
Jul 23, 2022 12:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.