Forum Settings
Forums

When is everyone going to wake up and realise PUBG is trash?

New
Dec 25, 2017 3:18 AM
Jun 2014
Finally, a lot of these youtubers have started shitting on this game like reviewtech and rev. This game runs like a slideshow on pc and you've got people like ign trying to say it's the best pc game of the year lol. I honestly don't understand how it has 2 million players on steam.
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Dec 25, 2017 4:39 AM

Sep 2014
Modslayer said:
I honestly don't understand how it has 2 million players on steam.

well maybe because it's fun, regardless of your computer having problems with it
Dec 25, 2017 6:24 AM

Aug 2015
What i don't undestand is why exactly PUBG got all the hype. H1Z1 and The Culling were released a year earlier and Arma also has many mods that feature battle royale gameplay.
Sure, arma has some high system requirements, but H1Z1 and Culling?
Dec 25, 2017 6:24 AM

Apr 2016
It's all Twitch fault, they promote it like if it was a game of the millenium.
Dec 25, 2017 7:56 AM
Jul 2018
Yes, all the streamers picked it up and played the hell out of it, thats why it got so big
Dec 25, 2017 10:12 AM

Aug 2017
I never played PUBG. What sure makes it trash (I don't know if it still happens) are the developers that ass-lick streamers, and if you do something that annoys the streamer even in the most insignificant way, they can just say you are "harassing" the stream and you will get banned and waste $30.

Also from some reviews I've read in Steam, the developers aren't doing anything to stop the hackers/cheaters. So lucky I am for not spending $30, because I once thought of buying it.
Dec 25, 2017 11:45 AM
Jul 2016
Why do you care? If you don't like it, play something else. Don't try to spoil the fun for those who do like it.

Personally, I've never played it and have no interest in it. I'd much rather be playing RPGs and such.
Important Note: I no longer - in any way, shape, or form - consider myself a moral nihilist (even in my old, convoluted definition of the term). I very much do believe there is such a thing as objective good and evil. In addition, I apologize for any of the posts I've made that are rude, aggressive, or otherwise unbecoming.

I've always striven to walk a path befitting a follower of Christ, and now recognize some of my old comments here as misguided if not outright wrong. If you happen upon them, pray do not let them darken your view of the God I serve. He is kind, even if I, at times, have not been.
Dec 25, 2017 11:51 AM
Jul 2018
PUBG is good game tho.
Or rather...unpolished, but gameplay loop is really fun.

Tho best game of the year?
Naah.
Dec 25, 2017 1:08 PM

Aug 2015
Its a good game, it's almost done as well (in sales) as Minecraft. They're not bad games, you just don't like them, which is fine but you don't need to shit post about them.
Dec 25, 2017 3:31 PM

Sep 2012
This was the year of overhyped releases (aka, good games made to look as 10/10 masterpieces because of marketing) that never actually reached the highs they promised.

Next year looks way more promising so far. Even games I wasn't looking forward much (Granblue and DragonBall FighterZ) are looking better than I expected.
Dec 25, 2017 3:36 PM

Oct 2012
Its a solid idea with lackluster execution, like pretty much everything in modern gaming.
Dec 25, 2017 5:37 PM
Apr 2013
When they finally realise that Skyrim is a very bad game.
Dec 25, 2017 6:58 PM

May 2012
worldeditor11 said:

bethesda has never been a good game company. The modders are better developers than them.
Dec 25, 2017 7:03 PM
Apr 2013
PoeticJustice said:
worldeditor11 said:

bethesda has never been a good game company. The modders are better developers than them.

Bethesda is a marketing company ever since Oblivion days. Hype a lot of shit, bought reviewers left and right and bam, a masterpiece of a broken piece of shit cleverly disguised as the best game of the year.
Dec 25, 2017 9:09 PM

Jul 2017
It's fun when it works, unfortunately it doesn't work most of the time.

I gave it an easier time when it was in early access, because hey, it was getting regularly updated. I can forgive an early access game for having some performance issues.

Then they announced 1.0 would release before Christmas, probably because the creator (Playerunknown) had promised that PUBG would only be in early access for less than a year and he felt like he had some kind of obligation to make a full release no matter what state the game was in.

I was already sceptical of 1.0, the game ran like a horse with broken legs all through November. Then 1.0 released and... Surprise surprise, the game still runs like shit. The movement is still janky even with vaulting, and the netcode seems to have gotten worse. The only real improvement they made to the user experience was the UI update which is a lot smoother now.

They really should of stayed in early access until they got all the performance issues sorted. I'm on a mid-range PC, which more than meets the recommended spec, and I still have to run the game at low settings (and even then I get frame drops, long load times, and sometimes buildings just outright don't change their LOD and I end up having to deal with Google Earth quality building models until they decide to load in).

From what I've heard, it runs worse on Xbox One, which is just unfathomable to me. The game is already a mess, any more so and I'd call it completely unplayable. Right now Divinity Original Sin 2 and PUBG have the exact same score on Metacritic, which is just fucking stupid.
Dec 25, 2017 11:30 PM

Jan 2013
ITT: said:
I entered a thread with a title stating an opinion I don't like, and I got offended. How could this possibly happen???

Stab aside, I'm not sure how it caught on either. All of a sudden one of my favourite streamers was playing it, maybe part of the early hype train since it wasn't nearly as popular yet. It was fun watching him play a game that felt pretty unique. I hadn't seen that gameplay style on that scale before, so maybe a lot of other gamers felt that way? Fortnite is definitely funner though.

edit:
Swagernator said:
It's all Twitch fault, they promote it like if it was a game of the millenium.

I'm starting to wonder if this is true. Either PUBG devs or Twitch decided to promote the game early on, maybe offering incentive for sponsored streamers to play that game, and it introduced the game to a large number of viewers who just had to play the game because they had a lot of fun watching someone else play.
Syrup-Dec 25, 2017 11:34 PM
Dec 26, 2017 2:06 AM

Nov 2014
It'll never die, people still keep buying and playing it.
Just because a game unbalanced its not going to die.
Dec 26, 2017 5:42 AM
Jul 2018
Yhuichy said:
It'll never die, people still keep buying and playing it.
Just because a game unbalanced its not going to die.

I think a lot of bad things can be said about the game, but balance is not one of them.
Maybe you meant performance?

Syrup- said:

I'm starting to wonder if this is true. Either PUBG devs or Twitch decided to promote the game early on, maybe offering incentive for sponsored streamers to play that game, and it introduced the game to a large number of viewers who just had to play the game because they had a lot of fun watching someone else play.

Yup, Bluehole paid some streamers first to promote the game. Which is kinda normal practice? But the game caught on cuz it was fun.
Dec 26, 2017 9:39 PM

Sep 2009
What's PUBG? I'm not sure if a pub could really be g rated...
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Dec 26, 2017 9:53 PM

Jun 2008
PoeticJustice said:
worldeditor11 said:

=

They ain't a good company not because they make bad games but because they make games with many issues that they hardly bother fixing. A good company checks the shit they make before releasing it and even if something escaped them they fix that shit.
Dec 26, 2017 9:53 PM
Nobody

Jul 2013
Depends, I used to dislike it to until I decided to make it fun by landing where a bunch of people land becoming a bloodbath.

Still not worth the $40nzd I spent though :( But there are a lot worse games
Dec 27, 2017 1:25 AM

Apr 2011
MortalMelancholy said:

PlayerUnknown's BattleGrounds. A game in early access which is basically a 1-map online multiplayer battle royale and was nominated for the VGA GOTY earlier this month. It got third, I think.
Dec 27, 2017 1:27 AM

Sep 2009
yhunata said:
MortalMelancholy said:

PlayerUnknown's BattleGrounds. A game in early access which is basically a 1-map online multiplayer battle royale and was nominated for the VGA GOTY earlier this month. It got third, I think.

Oh, huh. I'm surprised it'd be that highly rated as an FPS with only 1 map...
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Dec 27, 2017 1:30 AM

Apr 2011
MortalMelancholy said:
yhunata said:

Oh, huh. I'm surprised it'd be that highly rated as an FPS with only 1 map...

They also tried to sue the guys that made the game engine they use.
Dec 27, 2017 1:37 AM

Nov 2011
At least its not Battlefront 2.

Dec 27, 2017 1:48 AM

Jan 2015
Its a fun game to play with friends for me. I run it at 1440p Ultra settings with two 1080s in SLI pretty perfectly except for an odd frame drop here and there(though it seems they removed SLI support completely once they went 1.0, so I probably could've ran it in 4K at high settings if I could utilize both cards correctly). Its really only popular because of streamers, most people hate it because its popular.

The devs are scumfuck bastards though, I bought the game before I knew they'd put in microtransactions and try to sue clones, though at least i've made a decent bit of money from selling the loot from the game. I used the money I made to buy cuphead, a much better game.
the40ftbadger said:
i have palpable amounts of salt for FO4.
It's like a clown put on my dead dad's clothes and is running around my house going "LOOK I'M YOUR DAD, ISN'T THIS FUN?!?!"

Dec 27, 2017 2:04 AM

Jan 2013
The concept is good, but the game itself has so many problems it's ridiculous.
Dec 27, 2017 9:23 AM

Aug 2016
Until fortnite, it used to be the only game for the battle royale style gamemode and was the only option for people. It's an unoptimized game for sure, with many bugs and glitches, hence the meme "esports ready". Despite all its flaws, it's a fun game though. It's probably going to dominate the steam top sellers and highest amount of players for quite a while until a new developer makes a better and more polished version of the battle royale game.

バカ
I'm not smart, I just wear glasses
"Anime is just Japanese Cartoons, Cartoons are just Western Anime"
☁ н є ѕ ι т α т ι σ и ☁
Dec 27, 2017 4:47 PM

Oct 2015
This game looks like CS:GO and Black Squad but it's Awesome.
Dec 28, 2017 6:17 AM

Aug 2016
When people realize shooters are trash games, at least shooters that aren't with anime waifus.

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Jan 12, 2018 7:19 AM

Jan 2018
i believe its because of all the youtube hype originally, i gameshare with my brother and he bought the game preview on console and it has to be the choppiest pile of unrendering bullshit i have ever attempted to play, if the game doesnt render properly upon parachuting in you can get stuck in parts of the enviroment, it crashes nearly every hour and it physically hurts your eyes to stare at it for longer than 10 minutes, moral of the story fortnite battle royale is much more enjoyable.

its gonna take alot of work to make it "playable" much less enjoyable.
Jan 18, 2018 7:18 AM

Aug 2009
PUBG isn't good, and it really doesn't have to be

Battle Royale type scenarios are just fun to begin with
Jan 18, 2018 11:54 PM

Aug 2016
Honestly, I just like the battle royale concept. I considered buying it once but not long after I dismissed it from my wishlist. It's too unoptimized, needs decent graphic card to run well, and I don't like how it's getting too mainstream. I'm also avoiding competitive type of games nowadays due to college. I did play a little of this f2p and more optimized version of pubg just to get the "battle-royale" feel, and certainly it was fun. I like the genre, but spending 30 bucks for a game that my graphic card can't run well and won't play often isn't worth it imo.

I heard those huge player counts come from chinese people, but I have no way to specifically verify.

It's surprising of how many players it has now, which is 4 times bigger than the free to play Dota 2. I guess regular kids and streamers nowadays just enjoy it.
Jan 19, 2018 7:22 PM

Dec 2013
I've never played it myself, but I'd imagine it's for the same reason why I have 15000hrs in the Counter-Strike series. It's fun. Is it a buggy mess that's not very well maintained by the devs, yes. But it's still a fun way to kill sometime if you don't take it so seriously.

I'm sure you have a buggy mess of a game that you enjoy too, stop being such a hard ass OP
I am on the edge ! The edge of the edgiest edge ever edged by edgekind !
я умерте ужасну депрессии...

Jan 19, 2018 7:43 PM

Jun 2014
They should of not pushed PUBG to consoles as it is really bad optimized. But on PC after the final release it runs pretty good. One major issue is you can not choose map as it is random.

Another similar game is Fortnite which actually runs good but some people may be disencouraged by the building aspect of it.

More topics from this board

» Exploring the Intersection of Games, Computers, and Tech Support: A Guide for Android App Development Companies in Saudi Arabia

johnsrp - 4 hours ago

0 by johnsrp »»
4 hours ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

30 by Kajiuran »»
5 hours ago

» What's the best handheld console you recommend?

CursedFein - Apr 20

6 by rohan121 »»
9 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

9 by Timeline_man »»
9 hours ago

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

14 by Timeline_man »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.