Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Who do you think should have won the Juuni Taisen? POLL
Dec 22, 2017 10:52 PM

Dec 2012
Also why do you think they should have won.
Dec 22, 2017 10:54 PM

Dec 2012
For me I think Ox should have won because he was the most skilled fighter.
Dec 23, 2017 3:29 AM
Jul 2018
This answer will be longer than I thought. :D
I was a fan of Nezumi since first episode. He was so mysterious and I kinda thought he might win. I didn't know why I wanted him to win, but I guess it was because he was my favorite character.

I need to say that I would accept every winner except rabbit. His past is still secret and I feel like he was some kind of experiment who just filled the place of a warrior in Juuni Taisen. I liked how psycho he was, but then I changed my opinion. He would destroy the world and make people his slaves, so I really didn't want him to win.

On the other side, monkey would wish either world peace or to bring other warriors back, as she promised. But that would bring back even rabbit, so... no, thanks. I was sad when she died, she had a family, but so did other warriors.

Later I started to like tiger. I cried like a baby when she died, but I don't think she could win against Ox. I liked Ox too, he could win, but again, that damn rabbit... argh! I wonder what would Ox wish. I liked the twins too, they would wish money and would give something to the poor ones. Sadly, they didn't make it.

But yeah, I think it ended how it should end. Ox could have won, but Nezumi kind of... deserved it. He went through many things.
Dec 23, 2017 3:39 AM

Jan 2016
If we ignore Rat's ability I would say Monkey. I think she was potentially the strongest, sadly she got sliced trying to reason with the insane Rabbit. Rabbit, Ox and maybe even Sheep if he didn't meet Tiger also had a chance to win.
Dec 23, 2017 8:45 AM
Jul 2016
The tiger was the one i liked the most. But she didn't like this world or her warrior being, so i don't think she'd be that happy to win and to keep living in this world.
I voted for the monkey. I didn't like her at the beginning but after a while i changed my mind. She'd do good things if she'd win.
Dec 26, 2017 8:20 AM

Jan 2016
The zodiac ranking shouldve gone like this

Winner: Monkey
Runner up: Ox
3rd place: Tiger
4: Dragon
5: Boar
6: Snake
7: Chicken
8: Dog
9: Sheep
10: Rabbit
11: Horse
12: Rat

Monkey should've won obviously. She's like the most powerful, and she's very experienced in wars and shit. Rabbit had the upper hand after he killed snake, if he hadn't he'd be as useless as Rat.

Dec 26, 2017 8:29 AM
Mar 2010
I chose the rabbit. May death unite us all.
This anime was such a disappointment for me. It just left me aggravated. In all the bad way. Hence, the rabbit. It would have been a much better ending then the one that was given. And could have given way to a prequel. Seriously.
All tho Nezumi was seriously over powered. He literary had the power to CHANGE FATE. The rest of them where just righteous, selfish or evil and strong or weak. In the case that Nezumi wouldn't have made it out alive it too would have been a way better ending and a more surprising finale.
All hail Rabbit-san, May death unite us!
Dec 26, 2017 8:47 AM

Mar 2014
Well no one should have been able to kill Dragon except Chicken. Only thing that should have beaten him is if Dog or Sheep made it past the 12th hour. Since I never think Sheep/dog ever make it to the 12th hour, Dragon would just tie with whoever is left, be it Monkey or Ox.
Dec 26, 2017 9:21 AM

Jan 2016
AnimeAdamOP said:
Well no one should have been able to kill Dragon except Chicken. Only thing that should have beaten him is if Dog or Sheep made it past the 12th hour. Since I never think Sheep/dog ever make it to the 12th hour, Dragon would just tie with whoever is left, be it Monkey or Ox.

in the LN it's said the dragon can fly higher than chicken's birds. And monkey is very powerful, if she can sense dragon and throw rabbit all the way up to the sky to slay dragon she can do anything.

Dec 31, 2017 5:42 AM

Sep 2015
The point of Rat winning the Juuni Taisen, was the fact that he didn't deserve to win, in fact, he didn't win, he just survived it like how a rat would. It's pointless to justify who should have won based on personal preference because no one could have "won" other than Rat, not because he took an active role in trying to win, but rather because he did what he could to survive. While I would normally say Monkey or Rabbit, based on the fact that I am a Monkey based on the monthly Chinese Zodiac calendar, and that Rabbit is my favorite character respectively, I don't think either could have won. For example, Monkey couldn't have won, because, by nature, Monkeys tend to both do what they believe is right, and they also tend to plan several steps ahead based on their analysis of the situation. This is very easy to take advantage of, because, as demonstrated with her fight with Rabbit, she planned out Rabbit's abilities perfectly, but she didn't think Rabbit would have the dead Snake of all things, aiding and assisting him, until it was too late. I cannot tell you how many times a similar situation has happened to me with a person that is a (monthly) Rabbit Zodiac sign, in my life. I don't claim to be an expert on how the Zodiac signs interact, for there is still a lot I need to learn about human interaction in general. What I can say, however, is that Rat is the only that can "win" the Juuni Taisen, because he was the one who put the deepest thought in his future (aka his ability/ zodiac defined personality), even if he couldn't handle the pressure of that memory later on. The show goes out of its way to characterize Rat as just a lazy teenager that had no business being in the Juuni Taisen, winning the Juuni Taisen, and wanting to forget it all happened. Sound familiar? The first half sounds like every self-insert protagonist, while the second half sounds like every [millennial] teenager... But no, that must be a coincidence, right?
Get over yourselves and just accept the result, maybe [you] will actually come to like the series when [you] overcome [your] own biases.
Dec 31, 2017 5:43 AM

Sep 2009
Rabbit. All of the rest are actually fucking weak.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Dec 31, 2017 5:54 AM

Apr 2014
The power to see into the future, or in this case see different possibilities of the future, is the most overpowered ability in fiction in general imo.
But if we're excluding Rat, I think Monkey had the best chance of winning. Don't believe we even saw anything close to her full power, which was disappointing.
Though if I'm disregarding skills and what not, I'd want Chicken to win since I liked her the most.
Dec 31, 2017 6:11 AM

Sep 2015
Protaku said:
The power to see into the future, or in this case see different possibilities of the future, is the most overpowered ability in fiction in general imo.
But if we're excluding Rat, I think Monkey had the best chance of winning. Don't believe we even saw anything close to her full power, which was disappointing.
Though if I'm disregarding skills and what not, I'd want Chicken to win since I liked her the most.

It's so overpowered, and yet he couldn't even impress the girl he likes using it. We didn't see anything close to Monkey's full power, yes, but she was never going to use her full power anyway because all she thought of was peace, despite being in a freaking war. I liked Chicken too, I wished I could have seen more of her, but let's be honest, if she didn't die from Ox, she would have died from Rabbit, like all the others.
Dec 31, 2017 6:21 AM

Apr 2014
Draconix814 said:
Protaku said:

It's so overpowered, and yet he couldn't even impress the girl he likes using it. We didn't see anything close to Monkey's full power, yes, but she was never going to use her full power anyway because all she thought of was peace, despite being in a freaking war. I liked Chicken too, I wished I could have seen more of her, but let's be honest, if she didn't die from Ox, she would have died from Rabbit, like all the others.

Who knows, if Rat could see 1000 possibilities instead of 100 maybe one of them could have won her heart. For Monkey, if push came to shove I'm pretty sure she would use her full power; I believe she only perished because she was dead set on trying to restrain Rabbit so remove that clause and you get one badass Monkey chick. I'm pretty sure even the most devout pacifist wouldn't just let themselves be killed.
Yeah, Chicken was pretty weak, but I still liked her. Her backstory engaged me a bit more than the others. Who knows though, her birds picked apart Boar pretty effortlessly. If she couldn't shoo them away with machine guns that never had to reload, I think Rabbit would have a much harder time shooing them away with machetes.
Dec 31, 2017 6:35 AM

Sep 2015
psychogum said:

Monkey should've won obviously. She's like the most powerful, and she's very experienced in wars and shit. Rabbit had the upper hand after he killed snake, if he hadn't he'd be as useless as Rat.

I love how people are constantly measuring who is most "powerful", to justify who would win, when it really doesn't come down to power, but rather personality. While Monkey may or may not be the most powerful, she was never going to use that power, because she naively decided to follow her ideals, over her own survival. She's like Shirou Emiya, do you know how many times he had to be brought back to life before he learned his lesson?

Ox and Tiger were technically the runner-ups, so I can't really argue with that, the rest is basically your biased assessment on who should have won based on your personal preference. Though, I am not exactly sure how you reached the conclusion that Rabbit would be as useless as Rat if he didn't get Snake's head. From the looks of it, Rabbit was the one who dominated the war, simply because of his tendency to plan and strategize ahead; this is the personality of the Rabbit, according to the Chinese Zodiac calendar, typically the type to take control of situations and always planning ahead.
And like I said before in this forum, Rat is useless on purpose. Rat seems to represent every [millennial teenager] self-insert anime protagonist that gets sucked into a war they were never involved in, using his super-ultra power and stuff and winning by letting everybody else kill each other off. The show goes out of its way to get you to dislike this character by having him forget everything that happened in the Juuni Taisen and letting him live his useless existence, so I don't quite understand your criticism.
Dec 31, 2017 6:43 AM

Sep 2015
Protaku said:
Draconix814 said:

Who knows, if Rat could see 1000 possibilities instead of 100 maybe one of them could have won her heart. For Monkey, if push came to shove I'm pretty sure she would use her full power; I believe she only perished because she was dead set on trying to restrain Rabbit so remove that clause and you get one badass Monkey chick. I'm pretty sure even the most devout pacifist wouldn't just let themselves be killed.
Yeah, Chicken was pretty weak, but I still liked her. Her backstory engaged me a bit more than the others. Who knows though, her birds picked apart Boar pretty effortlessly. If she couldn't shoo them away with machine guns that never had to reload, I think Rabbit would have a much harder time shooing them away with machetes.

Thank you for proving my point. Rat's ability isn't "the most overpowered ability in fiction".
This is a war. Push came to shove when it started, it's her fault for letting herself get killed because she was preoccupied with making peace. That's the point of her death. While her ideals are absolutely necessary, the way she goes about it just ends up hurting her and others in the end... wait a minute, isn't that her backstory?
Rabbit is a strategizer, that's why he dominated the war. He would have killed Dragon and had him kill her. Chicken's crows can't reach Dragon's heights, after all.
Jan 7, 2018 10:51 AM

Jan 2016
Draconix814 said:
psychogum said:

I love how people are constantly measuring who is most "powerful", to justify who would win, when it really doesn't come down to power, but rather personality. While Monkey may or may not be the most powerful, she was never going to use that power, because she naively decided to follow her ideals, over her own survival. She's like Shirou Emiya, do you know how many times he had to be brought back to life before he learned his lesson?

Ox and Tiger were technically the runner-ups, so I can't really argue with that, the rest is basically your biased assessment on who should have won based on your personal preference. Though, I am not exactly sure how you reached the conclusion that Rabbit would be as useless as Rat if he didn't get Snake's head. From the looks of it, Rabbit was the one who dominated the war, simply because of his tendency to plan and strategize ahead; this is the personality of the Rabbit, according to the Chinese Zodiac calendar, typically the type to take control of situations and always planning ahead.
And like I said before in this forum, Rat is useless on purpose. Rat seems to represent every [millennial teenager] self-insert anime protagonist that gets sucked into a war they were never involved in, using his super-ultra power and stuff and winning by letting everybody else kill each other off. The show goes out of its way to get you to dislike this character by having him forget everything that happened in the Juuni Taisen and letting him live his useless existence, so I don't quite understand your criticism.

Biased assessment? How about I read the LN? That's how I formed my opinion thank you very much. I did actually consider the fact that Sharyuu is a committed pacifist before putting her at the top, because even then she still has a very powerful influence towards others, which is how
in the sequel. Rabbit is a good strategist, without that he's nothing. And like rat it was just his luck that monkey was there to distract snake. Otherwise he wouldn't have had the upper hand and would be dead as soon as he confronted boar. He can't fight for shit, it's been pointed a lot of times in the novel. That's why he is
in the sequel. Like I said, he's almost as useless as rat.

I wouldn't put Boar so high up if I was bias. I don't even like her.

May 6, 2020 12:11 AM
May 2020
Draconix814 said:
psychogum said:

''your biased assesment'' that's literally the point of the poll "Who do YOU think should have won the Juuni Taisen? ". and also you saying that the monkey would never use her full power is your biased opinion of her personality as well right? pretty clear tho that the monkey is the most powerful and if she wanted to win she could've easily that's the point of this. (yeah I know it's been years but I was bored lol)
Jul 3, 2020 9:06 PM

Nov 2013
Wow, this is so depressive. 30 people in this thread voted for a communist world dystopia...
Also, the argument that she was the most powerful is objectively not true, since she clearly lost to Rabbit.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Sep 24, 2020 11:47 AM

Jul 2010
Mummykun said:
Wow, this is so depressive. 30 people in this thread voted for a communist world dystopia...
Also, the argument that she was the most powerful is objectively not true, since she clearly lost to Rabbit.

Um, that's not how power works, you know. She was outsmarted, not over-powered. We have no idea how this fight would have went if she was serious to kill.

In terms of raw power, Monkey is stronger than Rabbit. He won because she is pacifist and wanted only to disarm him. If things went a little different (say, if Rabbit was in his zombie-like state), it would have ended pretty bad for him.

It was also stated that she can mainupalte solids gases and liquids, very handful ability she shown only few times and never- in actual battles. I agree that Rabbit is OP and a great strategist, but she's more experienced fighter than him.

To me winners (if there's no Path available for Rat to win) are:
1) Monkey
2) Rabbit
3) Ox / Horse (because of the defense and depends who would have fought him)

More topics from this board

» Should I avoid watching the ED until after I've finished the series?

Jax - Jan 22

4 by StarlightShiba »»
Jan 31, 7:01 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2017

211 by Stuntdrath »»
Dec 27, 2023 5:04 PM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2017

197 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 7:28 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2017

112 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 6:41 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2017

222 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 5:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.