Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 19, 2017 6:18 AM
Apr 2013
Mich666 said:
dartinhu2 said:
Hmm, i would agree with you if we were talking about Dia, or Ruby, but i never saw Chika as a "die-hard" fan, maybe an admirer at best..
Not to mention that she can be very dense sometimes (specially when focused on other stuff).

Have you even S1? (first episode would be enough). Chika has μ's posters in her room, was watching their videos regularly, trying to dance to their choreography and whole definition of shine is μ's for her. There is no way she wouldn't recognize her.
Not to mention Riko was there too.

Also, don't forget that even if 5 years has passed she followed the μ's for all that time even after they disbanded. They didn't stop existing in-universe so even though we may not know what each member was doing during that time the characters of the anime do. So it would be very weak developement to explain it with her just being dense.

I may use S1 to back up my argument aswell.

Chika didnt even know how to pronounce μ's name correctly (she got a nice scolding from dia becouse of that), not to mention that she couldnt even name a single music from them (Another scold for that too).

She likes how idols shine, and her whole motivation relies on the fact that even "normal" girls can have their moments while being school idols, the μ's where just the first group that she came by (and possibly, the most famous by LLS timeline), i would gladly agree that she admires μ's to a higher degree than other idol groups, but to say that she is actually a "fan", seems rather presumptuous.

To add up, all that we know is that the group has been disbanded, aqours currently have no way of knowing what they have been doing for the last 5 years, and how they look like now, so EVEN IF Chika had found some similarities on that "older looking Umi", i highly doubt that she would even think that Umi would be on the middle of uchiura, for a closing ceremony.

Edit: Besides Dia and Ruby, i dont think that any of the other 7 members would actually notice umi was there, as they dont seem to relate to them very frequently (you can have the episode when they visit the Toujo temple as reference)
dartinhu2Dec 19, 2017 6:21 AM
Dec 19, 2017 10:42 AM
Jul 2018
Completely off-topic but this has got to be one of the best crossover fan-arts I've ever seen.

removed-userDec 20, 2017 5:43 AM
Dec 20, 2017 8:10 AM

Apr 2013
This episode gave me a gush of emotions, especially towards the end, where everyone cheering for Aqours. Now they have the backing of the entire school to push and win Love Live! for real, it gives a more realistic and powerful determination.

Back then during the Muse era, all they did was to connect with each other more, and they went on to win it just like that, while it was an emotional ride eventually, Aqours still managed to dig deeper into my heart again and again.

2 more episodes, with the next one focusing on Kanan. Back then Ep 12 of Muse's Season 2 crushed me into a pulp and I broke into tears, cementing its position as one of the best anime episodes I've ever watched. Let's see if Aqours can do the same, or surpass it.

Dec 21, 2017 11:31 AM

Aug 2014
dartinhu2 said:
Guys, was i the only one that spotted Umi on this last episode?

Have a look at minute 11:25

EITA ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Oddly emotional episode, these last couple eps were slightly better than the rest even though they didn't stray from the formula set by the previous seasons (although I'm digging that they won't magically save the school this around). Still think this season as a whole is weaker than the original first season but there are two more episodes to go.

Another thing that's bothering me is the constant jokes about Yohane's weight gain. Why isn't anyone else mentioning this?? Triggering me to no end. This fallen angel is fit!!
Dec 22, 2017 4:42 PM

Oct 2008
this episode is like a tribute thankyou festival episode for the uranohoshi school!
4/5.

Dec 23, 2017 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
The narrative beats again on the same point, but the atmosphere is so touching that this insistence can also be forgiven. The concept of time that does not return is tremendously romantic in some ways. I did not believe that the mandarins could even eat grilled, I'm amazed.
Dec 26, 2017 3:18 PM

Dec 2016
Glad Kanan finally proposed
Dec 27, 2017 5:34 PM

Dec 2009
That's a lot of balloon litter...

Not_Important said:
Completely off-topic but this has got to be one of the best crossover fan-arts I've ever seen.

ROFL THAT'S AWESOME
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jan 1, 2018 3:55 AM

Dec 2014
Hanamaru has a side that I want to know about lol.

This brought a lot of memories to my head about my school, so I think this episode did its part.

I have small reviews for almost ALL anime I've seen. Unlike any regular MAL page you've seen.

Ever wondering what I've watched and what I think about it? Check my List out below!

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Iam_Jermaine
Jan 27, 2018 9:43 AM
Jan 2018
if its just me but I saw Nozomi's tarot card "The star" on Yohane's Fortune telling desk
Jan 31, 2019 7:44 PM

Jun 2015
this feels like when the first love live ended and i was so sad, all over again
Nov 17, 2019 10:49 AM
Apr 2018
Kanan proposed to Mari? Lmao wtf

Uhm, okay episode for me. Tbh, all this episode did for me was thinking what happened to the Love Live. Also, why did Dia won???
Jun 9, 2020 6:12 AM

May 2016
Time is fleeting and you can't turn it back no matter how hard you try to do so but that's what makes the time you spend with those you love so precious... It was heartwarming to see them appreciate all the memories they have made together by making the most out of the little time they have left together so they'll all be able to look back at these unforgettable experiences with a smile on their faces.

I had a great time seeing all of them have fun together. The bonds these girls share with each other really inspired me. Kanan offering her hand to Mari was just too good ♡

Sep 16, 2020 8:46 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
This was the true definition of a mixed feeling sceneries, at least for me. I could feel a various feelings surrounded them, at their last festival that could be done at Uranohoshi. A closing party, a final moment of their happiness, together, as a unity, for the sake of their own good, all of Uranohoshi's girls. Yep, its not all about the Aquors. Its not even about Love Live they talked, nor Muses. Its not even their failure to preserved the school, not their chance to won a competition. Its rather simple. Its talked about themself, Uranohoshi, and back to their own happiness again. Once again, its for their own good. The last moments that could never be repeated again, forever. But, they still had a chance, to shine, at the end. So, once again, Aquors, don't give up this nice momentary without any regret about the past!

I think thats it for me. Its not gonna take such a long phrase to described my feeling. But honestly, its all over the place already. Its pretty suited with their theme. I can't even say a thing again after that intenses end. Its just, so good, the atmosphere was so beautiful. Yep, i can't say a bad thing to that beauty personification, at least for me.

By Chika having the last photo shot at the end credit, means everyone had their chance to shines. Its time to ended everything, should they? Its time to finally finished what they started. The last moment of Aquors, right? I believed its not so true. There was some event at their movie. Lol. But, for the sake of not threwing up the fun, let me see how well the next one to concluded everything that happened, here and there.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 19, 2021 1:54 PM

Feb 2020
Another beautiful, funny yet bittersweet episode. So much emotions.. The bonfire scene was a very heartwarming moment. Poor Mari.. :(

That was a the perfect closure to the school arc.
Dec 2, 2021 1:13 PM

Nov 2017
Golly, it was fun setting things up and the festival itself. Everyone was just having a good time, and that balloon surprise!~ You know Chika was holding back tears.

But then Mari being upset, crying and repeatedly saying "I'm sorry". :-/ Everyone singing along with the ED was great!

May 17, 2023 8:29 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
A bittersweet episode, I’m someone who is often thinking about the passing of time and how fast it passes by when you’re having fun, so this one hit a bit harder for me, got me a bit teary eyed at the end. Poor girls, but as they also said tomorrow always comes, and to me that means there are good times yet to come.
May 27, 2023 5:51 AM
Jul 2020
Hot take, but tbh sunshine has shifted into the extreme emotional side executed in an extremely unrealistic way that it's just hard to grasp. But nonetheless its still good so far, just that something really fell off imo, and I don't like comparing and all but sip on these episodes are done way way better imo.
Apr 16, 12:51 PM
Oct 2022
I liked this episode! It was nice to see the girls in their usual location; we hardly spend time in their school for the show to expect us to be really sad about missing it. This episode was surprisingly lighthearted, and the intentionally heavy notes didn’t hit very hard but I still think were successful enough to make me feel something. I wish there was more focus in this series as a whole because pay off is really hard to find in a show that’s all over the place like this one has been. It’s been refreshing, though, that this season has developed a lot more individuality than the first season, for better or for worse. The characters, while I still have a hard time feeling like I really know any of them that well, feel more their own and not just rewrites of previous, Love Live characters. In fact, I wish I felt this sense of moderate interest in each character at the start of this generation of Love Live and not two episodes before it’s over. It feels a shame I’m only just now feeling slightly invested in the characters as they’ve displayed enough uniqueness and interesting dynamics, and it’s taken the show this long to get here. I am glad I’m no longer watching each episode of aquors generation and feeling compelled to rant in the comments of each review page about how terrible it is now. As of now, I’d say this series was just kind of bad. If you asked me earlier this season, I’d say it’s one of the worst anime I’ve ever watched. It’s still pretty low on the list, but it’s not frustrating to watch the later half of this season.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

129 by JoJoLaRow »»
Apr 21, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2017

58 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 21, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2017

82 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 19, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2017

92 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 18, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2017

115 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 17, 10:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.