Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 3, 2017 5:37 PM

Dec 2015
There is nowhere near enough source material for it to be possible so don't get your hopes up for something other than a movie or a 3 part OVA
Dec 4, 2017 12:21 PM

Aug 2016
What if it comes out in 2019, when there's enough source material
Dec 4, 2017 12:23 PM

Apr 2016
No one says it will be out next year.
Dec 4, 2017 1:25 PM

Jul 2015
It's fun when they announce something, and release it 3 years later haha

(hopefully Made in Abyss II comes next winter... or maybe 2019 spring)
"I died long ago. This is just a bad dream"
Dec 4, 2017 5:30 PM

Dec 2015
Pffft hahaha...

I'm quite serious here in saying there'll only be about 15 new chapters in the next 3 years! This manga is really slow to release, only been 1 chapter since the anime ended.
Dec 6, 2017 10:53 AM

Sep 2015
Yes they can, considering the first season had enough fillers on it

“Now I have neither happiness nor unhappiness.

Everything passes.

That is the one and only thing that I have thought resembled a truth in the society of human beings where I have dwelled up to now as in a burning hell.

Everything passes.”
― Osamu Dazai, No Longer Human
Dec 6, 2017 9:20 PM

Dec 2015
Makoto_Free said:
Yes they can, considering the first season had enough fillers on it

Yea I'm just gonna say that as someone who read it and watched it, there was about 1 and a half word of original content that the Mangaka had wanted in the manga but couldn't do so they had it in the anime, NONE of it was filler Exactly 0%
Dec 7, 2017 4:41 AM
Oct 2017
There's no airing date yet, so it's entirely possible that it's going to be in 2019 or later. Also, chapters usually release every one or two months. The author only went on hiatus for 3 months because he was assisting with the anime. He has also stated that he feels pressured to release chapters more often because of the adaptation. The current arc seems to be around the half way mark too, so there will most likely be enough source material to adapt a second season if it's aired in 2019.
Dec 7, 2017 4:56 AM

Sep 2016
RoryBurrows said:
no way since the author is as bad as the legendary togashi and miura lol
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 7, 2017 7:19 PM

Aug 2014
GangsterCat said:
RoryBurrows said:
no way since the author is as bad as the legendary togashi and miura lol

They said its just a rumour, i tried to remind some people about it but they doesnt took it seriously.
On the actual pacing if things got more complex we might even get a complete adaptation on 2020.
Dec 8, 2017 12:55 AM

Jul 2013
I guess I am the only crazy one that thinks there is enough material if they just slowed it way down. I guess I am also crazy for thinking that would be a good thing too. The manga feels super rushed and gives the characters no time to breathe or even develop.
Dec 9, 2017 7:06 AM
Aug 2009
Actually there is almost enough source material because the anime is actually more detailled then the manga and last season, 12 episodes only covered 3 volumes (24 chapters) and A little less then 2 chapters of volume 4 (A full chapter(something around 15 pages) and about 10 pages), so lets just say 26 chapters went as source material into those 12 episodes. Currently there are in total 6 volumes out and volume 7 has started, in total there are 43 chapters out right now. That means with other words 17 chapters source material so in theory we already have almost 3/4 of the course material if they use about 26 chapters again. I'm pretty convinced second season will air end of 2018, early 2019 at least.
Dec 10, 2017 11:47 AM

May 2015
Damselflies said:
Actually there is almost enough source material because the anime is actually more detailled then the manga and last season, 12 episodes only covered 3 volumes (24 chapters) and A little less then 2 chapters of volume 4 (A full chapter(something around 15 pages) and about 10 pages), so lets just say 26 chapters went as source material into those 12 episodes. Currently there are in total 6 volumes out and volume 7 has started, in total there are 43 chapters out right now. That means with other words 17 chapters source material so in theory we already have almost 3/4 of the course material if they use about 26 chapters again. I'm pretty convinced second season will air end of 2018, early 2019 at least.

Yup also keep in mind 1st season was 14 episodes technically so if they made a 12 episode season it may be available even sooner (though my estimate is still early 2019)
Dec 15, 2017 7:55 AM
May 2016
Calal-Chan said:
I guess I am the only crazy one that thinks there is enough material if they just slowed it way down. I guess I am also crazy for thinking that would be a good thing too. The manga feels super rushed and gives the characters no time to breathe or even develop.

Exactly my thoughts on the manga, the characters, story and setting are absolutely amazing but damn is it rushed, the pacing of the anime was better imo, I'm pretty sure this manga will be over in not that many volumes (I don't say it will be over soon because this author is slower than a turtle pulling a truck) unless he pulls off a "under the last known layer there are a ton more layers lol" which honestly he totally can, he could milk this story for decades if he wanted because the abyss has a ton of potential
Dec 16, 2017 8:12 PM
Oct 2017
Depending on how long the
arc will be I can see season 2 being about

Especially if the second is a little longer since

I'd say it would be 6 episodes for the first arc and 7 for the second, maybe with a double feature on the last episode again.

If Tsukushi keeps the pace of one chapter every 4-6 weeks like he had before the anime I could see a Winter/2019 release.

Or they put the next arc into an OVA, which would be cool because it would benefit from the better animation, but also means an actual second season would be pushed further away :/
Dec 17, 2017 6:15 AM

Dec 2012
Gosh I hope it's not a damn movie. Those things do NOT air where I live and take forever to release the blurays...

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Dec 22, 2017 7:29 PM
Jul 2016
Infatuate said:
Gosh I hope it's not a damn movie. Those things do NOT air where I live and take forever to release the blurays...

There's always alternative ways...
Dec 23, 2017 6:10 AM

Dec 2012
Monomuske said:
Infatuate said:

There's always alternative ways...
camrip isnt viable.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Dec 29, 2017 7:47 AM
Sep 2015
PsychoEliteNZ said:
There is nowhere near enough source material for it to be possible so don't get your hopes up for something other than a movie or a 3 part OVA
Actually, they already have enough source material for around 10 episodes m8
Dec 30, 2017 7:05 AM
Dec 2017
Guess the sequel is dependent on the author not getting arrested for illegal stuff in the meanwhile. Looks like Japan is doing a sub-minimal amount of token cleanup before the 2020 Olympic Games for better global PR and some mangaka / illustrators got busted lately. IMO the Abyss author should be treated in a mental facility because what they created cannot be considered civilized in any sense of the world. I called the series "Indiana Jones' daughter and the Satan's arsehole" and dropped it upon reaching mutilitation pr0n. Allegedly in includes rectal abuse and alchemical transmutation of kids into goo in later episodes. Does that worth a sequel?
Dec 31, 2017 2:03 PM
Apr 2015
^Better stick to Pokemon or Hamtaro, kid.
Dec 31, 2017 4:00 PM

Dec 2015
Tacsk0 said:
dropped it upon reaching mutilation pr0n. Allegedly in includes rectal abuse and alchemical transmutation of kids into goo in later episodes. Does that worth a sequel?

Says on your list that you've completed it so you're either lying, a troll or you don't know how MAL works.

You also need to separate actual life from fiction... Freedom of expression is a thing and a creator's works cannot fully represent their personality or how they behave 100%

Edit: I'll just say this here as well. I made this post as to let everyone know that the chances of this not being a full season are high unless there is a very long wait for it, but it's more likely that it'd pass the manga or even more so be a movie or a few OVA episodes.
PsychoEliteNZDec 31, 2017 4:04 PM
Jan 2, 2018 9:09 PM

Dec 2016
Probably a 2019 release tbh. Sucks because of the slow releases, but hey, what can you do.
Jan 7, 2018 9:39 PM
Jun 2017
I don't know about that
Currently in the manga, they're at "The Capital of No Return"
when the arc finish, which should be 5-6 more chapters, the manga should have enough chapters for another 12 episodes adaptation
They have Bondrewd arc and the Capital of No Return arc, 12 episodes should be easy
Jan 9, 2018 2:05 PM

Jul 2017
Long_Ng said:
I don't know about that
Currently in the manga, they're at "The Capital of No Return"
when the arc finish, which should be 5-6 more chapters, the manga should have enough chapters for another 12 episodes adaptation
They have Bondrewd arc and the Capital of No Return arc, 12 episodes should be easy
i dont agree, the best arc of the manga cant finish at ep 6 or 7 ,
it would feel anticlimactic. In my opinion they would do a second season of 10 episodes
Jan 9, 2018 2:34 PM
Jun 2017
MadeInOblivion said:
i dont agree, the best arc of the manga cant finish at ep 6 or 7 ,
it would feel anticlimactic. In my opinion they would do a second season of 10 episodes

10 episodes is not unheard of
I just hope they stay away from anymore than 12, but it doesn't look like it, and why would they do that

so far, the second season look pretty bright with Bondrewd and Capital of no Return arc adapt for 12 or so episodes
Plus, "Capital of no Return" arc is still publishing, can't really tell how long it will be
Jan 27, 2018 1:19 PM
꧁ marr

Sep 2014
why does there need to be source material per se, can't they like, stray from it and think of new storylines just with the same setting/characters you know? Like they do with lots of western stuff, like.. pretty little liars, vampire diaries I don't know all that YA stuff :P Or is that really not done in anime?

I just watched the first season and I totally liked it.

LIFE IS CRAZY AND SO ARE YOU
♫♫♫

Jan 30, 2018 7:04 PM

Aug 2013
lifeiscrazy said:
why does there need to be source material per se, can't they like, stray from it and think of new storylines just with the same setting/characters you know? Like they do with lots of western stuff, like.. pretty little liars, vampire diaries I don't know all that YA stuff :P Or is that really not done in anime?

Because it almost never ends up being good (or as good as it could be). Like the original FMA or Tokyo Ghoul Root A
Feb 1, 2018 2:27 PM

Jan 2018
Hum. From what I read, there is certainly enough source material for at least 8 episodes.
The anime ends at chapter 26 and there's 44 chapters. Maybe 45, but not translated.
Feb 3, 2018 8:35 PM

Oct 2009
PsychoEliteNZ said:
There is nowhere near enough source material for it to be possible
Since when has that stopped anyone from milking a series?
Feb 15, 2018 4:52 AM
Sep 2017
As it has already been stated the "Made in Abyss Season 2 announcement" was something done only to reassure the fans that this won't be a series that's left as it is, hanging.
They'll do another season but nothing is planned yet, they did not start any kind of pre-production process(since they are occupied with a couple of other projects) which means that nothing will air until late 2019.

And that's a good thing, more time for Tsukushi to put out more chapters and finish this arc
Feb 19, 2018 5:45 AM

Dec 2013
I wonder how long the manga is going to be and so how long we have to wait until the whole story gets animated. Personally, I can't wait. I really enjoyed the first season and even started reading the manga.
I wish I could already watch the whole story :D
Feb 25, 2018 1:41 PM

Sep 2015
I'm pretty sure there'll be enough by the time 2nd Season comes out, although I can see why you are concerned. Of course, they could just adapt the Bondrewd arc by itself, but I don't really know what would be best for it.

lifeiscrazy said:

That almost always ruins it, except on those rare occasions, like FMA and Bokurano. Filler can exist, but the only filler in Made in Abyss are only little side quests, the next arc NEEDS to be the Bondrewd arc for the story to make sense, they can't just start making up new plot points willy-nilly.
Mar 3, 2018 10:04 PM

Aug 2017
I feel like there's enough material for a 8-10 episode second season. Especially with showing the birthday curse stuff. Flesh out the Bondrewd arch a little more, add some scenes at the surface and then end as they arrive at "The Capital of No Return." Or for less of a cliff hanger wait to put it out till late 2019 and by that time The Capital of No Return arch should be finished. Even with the author's slow writing speed... Or at least one can hope. Or he might be the manga George R. R. Martin and we'll be waiting till 2025 for season two.
Mar 4, 2018 12:51 PM

Aug 2017
So as far as I know the anime roughly covers manga chapters 1-26. And as far as I also know we are already at manga chapter 46. Which means just another few chapters should be enough for a new season.
Mar 19, 2018 4:43 AM
Apr 2017
Stop saying shittt
Mar 19, 2018 10:56 AM
Oct 2016
Because of stupid 2 compilation movies we will have 2nd season maybe summer 2019
Apr 6, 2018 6:51 AM

Mar 2015
moonman1994 said:
Even with the author's slow writing speed... Or at least one can hope. Or he might be the manga George R. R. Martin and we'll be waiting till 2025 for season two.

First thing I thought when people mentioned how slowly the manga was coming out was it cant be worse than A Song of Ice and Fire
Apr 21, 2018 5:19 PM

Sep 2015
xFresh11 said:
Because of stupid 2 compilation movies we will have 2nd season maybe summer 2019

No... the two movies are coming out because we'll have to wait until 2019 for another season... not the other way around.

Oiisu said:
moonman1994 said:
Even with the author's slow writing speed... Or at least one can hope. Or he might be the manga George R. R. Martin and we'll be waiting till 2025 for season two.

First thing I thought when people mentioned how slowly the manga was coming out was it cant be worse than A Song of Ice and Fire

Neither of those can be worse than the Suzumiya Haruhi series in terms of releases.
May 12, 2018 6:22 AM
Jun 2013
They adapted the first 26 chapters in basically a length of 14 episodes, and there are 20 chapters that haven't been adapted. If the current manga arc finishes within the next ~5 chapters, which could still be this year, there'd be enough material for a second season.

However I doubt they are immediately gonna announce an airing date for the second season once there is enough material. I assume they are going to start announcing stuff within the next year, and eventually the second season would most likely start airing in 2020.

Remember Attack on Titan's second season aired four years after it was announced even though there has always been enough material. For all we know there could be no second season within the next five years.
Jan 4, 2019 3:01 AM

Dec 2015
Welp, I was right... Its a movie and that's not even a bad thing, I am super hyped!

Jan 4, 2019 3:06 AM

Jul 2013
PsychoEliteNZ said:
Welp, I was right... Its a movie and that's not even a bad thing, I am super hyped!

Holy fuck, that key visual makes me feel subarashii. Very excited to see papa Bondrewd in all his glory, even though I will have to wait more.
Jan 4, 2019 4:44 AM

Nov 2015
Seeing this animated is going to be hype AF plus sad.

Katsura janai, Zura da

Jan 4, 2019 3:47 PM

Jan 2016
PsychoEliteNZ said:

You totally called it, even though everyone thought you were wrong, including me lol.
Jan 15, 2019 12:01 PM
Aug 2014
With Kevin Penkin this excited, I'm ready for something rivaling EoE :P

https://twitter.com/kevinpenkin/status/1081163115822239744?s=20
Jan 22, 2019 9:10 PM
Feb 2018
Satyr_icon said:
Zryn said:

Really? Did the manga get significantly worse when they reached the 5th floor? I find that hard to believe with how good its been thus far.

I thought so. Bondrewd's bit in the anime was the best thing he did in the entire manga, because it was an impactful introduction that left you yearning to know more about him. And then his full arc was really lacking, because all he does is continue being an asshole like we expect and we never get any real introspection into his character like we did with Ozen. He's just crazy and evil for the sake of it.

And then (yeah heavy spoiler ahead):

And then after that...it has been just uninteresting. I don't feel as inclined o the story as I did in the start. The sense of adventure of adventure of the beginning is nowhere to be seen anymore.

But then, I still liked the anime more than the manga. This new movie might change my opinion.

I understand that not everyone likes some parts of the story, everyone has their own tastes, I for example want more creatures, more information on the plants, to really know the abyss but I know this is not a story of the Abyss, just try to read that arc with other perspective, At first I didn´t feel it so amazing but then after reading it slowly and understanding more what was happening and the things each character really meant with their words it became my favorite arc.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss Movie 3: Fukaki Tamashii no Reimei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Modernoir - Jan 17, 2020

328 by Prupel1 »»
Apr 13, 10:08 AM

» What did nanachi mean when she said "If I didn't fall for your honeyed words, then I"?

DiegoNotChill - Jul 7, 2022

14 by Kitty-Kate »»
Oct 21, 2023 7:40 AM

» I need to talk about Bondrewd... (Spoilers)

CallMeHoot - Oct 5, 2020

41 by chocomint1234 »»
Aug 28, 2023 7:23 PM

» How well did the movie do compared to the first season?

Artorias94 - Jan 8, 2022

19 by SteelingMax »»
Apr 15, 2023 7:17 PM

» FYI: This Movie is now streaming on Hi-Dive starting today

Mq84jdk - Jun 28, 2021

2 by Martilyo »»
Feb 24, 2023 7:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.