Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 20, 2010 10:17 AM

Feb 2009
Clive said:

Then please by all means enlighten me about what part is "dumbshit" to you and I might be able to refrain from posting similar things in the future. Was it me trying to solve a doubt, voicing my personal opinion of this show and recommending its manga or the "horrible" 7/10 I gave it?

Don't worry he's talking about my post. :] I forgot the air friction, good point there, I must have missed it in the anime. Well who cares anyway, overthinking about an anime is only for the lulz. :D

Clive said:
Nobody needs dumbshit posts like that, you know...

Nobody needs dumbshit posts like that, you know...
Mar 20, 2010 10:29 AM
Mar 2009
Overall the series wasn't too bad. When not going into fillers, most of the episodes were indeed enjoyable. Of course, even though this was filler also, I enjoyed it. Most of the second half of the series was dull with some episodes even devoted to the side kicks of side characters.

This series gets a 6/10 for me. If the fillers didn't take up half of Railgun, it'd probably get a 7 or 8. Oh well.
Mar 20, 2010 10:39 AM

Jul 2008
Oh my, I can't believe this is the end! D:

I must say though, the fighting scenes were splendid! Definitely did not disappoint. Although I sort of wanted to see Konori do more than just ride her awesome motorcycle...the rest was great!

The giant railgun that Misaka pulled off was BEAUTIFUL. :'D

I also loved Kongou and Kuroko's teamwork. Girls shooting trucks at helicopters? Yes please.

Ah...and somehow, I liked Kiyama sensei with bags under her eyes! xD Ugh, the reunion was touching between her students though. <3
Bleed for me.

Mar 20, 2010 10:48 AM

Jun 2009
I was really surprised by Kiyama's prominence in the first arc, then doubly so when she showed up again. Having the midpoint and ending tied together made for some great continuity - and Kiyama is just such an amazing character.

The relationship of students and teachers seems to be at the heart of the show. In a city where learning is the most important thing, it was perfect to end with the conclusion of her struggles.
Mar 20, 2010 11:01 AM

May 2008
Epic last epic is amazingly epic. I loved it. All of it. I can't believe it's really over...but I'm glad it showed Touma and Index and the other Index characters at the end. It wouldn't have been a real ending without them.

Episode: 5/5
Series: 8/10

Mar 20, 2010 11:10 AM
Jul 2008
Animation was nice, really good battle scenes too.
Final fight was a bit cliched, not exactly predictable, but nothing innovative either.
Eh, that was pretty cool of a ending episode, but the last strike of Misaka vs. Telestina was so... *wince*... i mean, it's two projectiles going against each other, why the heck are they doing that harry potter overpowering thing? The projectiles would've been annihilated on spot when they make contact...
Mar 20, 2010 11:17 AM

Jul 2009
Is there anyone besides me that think seeing Misaka railgun vs Telestina "railgun" is just like seeing kamehameha vs kamehameha ?

Anyway a good episode and overall this series is not bad but the fillers is disappointing. This is supposed to be an action anime but the fillers sometimes make this one looks like a slice of life genre.
RegulusMar 20, 2010 11:25 AM
Mar 20, 2010 11:19 AM

Feb 2010
Even with some flaws in lots of filler-likes episodes, the ending was really nice, Kuroko and Misaka combining powers was epic! I loved it!

KayChan4U said:

This.^^
Mar 20, 2010 11:22 AM

Feb 2009
Good final episode...we actualy saw what was Kongo's ability at the end.
7/10 from me

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Mar 20, 2010 11:24 AM

Oct 2007
I don't want it to be over :( even with all the pointless fillers I really enjoyed watching this every weekend.

Mar 20, 2010 11:30 AM

Dec 2008
My weekly dose of railgun is over : )

In this episode the action looked great
The end boss with his dumb laughter was very cliche but ok it can't be helped.
the ending scene was very well done they showed every character again,
it felt like a nice good bye.
hopefully there will be another season with index.

The plot wasn't always preseng but I enjoyed nearly every episode even the fillers because the well made characters made up for them.

maybe one point I disliked was that there were too many female characters and the handful of male characters in this show were mostly violent and mean basterds who attacked my lovely Kuroko XD

8/10

but I still liked toaru no index better
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2010 11:34 AM

Apr 2008
Just like Index, it went downhill towards the end. Sure, this episode was good, but this arc as a whole was terrible. I like this series more than Index, though, so I will be starting this manga.

7/10 overall for me.
Mar 20, 2010 12:09 PM

Jan 2008
Not bad. I give it 7/10 because it had a few redeeming factors that made me raise it up from the 6/10 I had it for quite a while there.

I do have to say though that regular railgun vs synthetic railgun was actually kind of a disappointment. Although, it did remind me of the Ranma epsiode where they fought Copy Cat Ken, and we learned the mimicked techniques aren't as good as the original ones. I can let that one slide.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Mar 20, 2010 12:24 PM

Jul 2007
This finale's up there with TTGL and Macross F IMO. THAT is how you pull out all the stops and bring it all together!

Railgun, for all the filler and weak links, you still suprassed my expectations. Well done. 8/10.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Mar 20, 2010 12:27 PM

Nov 2007
That was a pretty great ending in relation to what I had been expecting from how the series was to that point. Not the greatest thing ever but it was a nice way to kill time for the past few months.
Mar 20, 2010 1:05 PM

Apr 2008
ending good enough.

physics exists not, in anime.

p.s. Misaka needs to carry around larger pieces of metal for her railgun.
Either that or something that is more streamlined and made to be a projectile.
Mar 20, 2010 2:06 PM

Mar 2008
Wonderful ! The battle was excellent, and it's really nice Kongou-san joined in the fight :)
She isn't just a snob, she is powerful :D
Telestina-Beatrice's freaky laugh was so enjoyable again ^^
And it seems Saten-san was also the most powerful character, she saved them all with a good ol' baseball strike ;)
Mar 20, 2010 2:18 PM

Jul 2008
HECK YES! One of the best episodes I've seen in a while in any anime.
My jaw literally dropped with Misaka's two overpowering attacks~ @__@
Can't believe it ends though, this series was amazing! D:
Oh well, saved the best episode for last. <3
mcc badge

Toph: "Even though I was born blind, I've never had any problems seeing."
Mar 20, 2010 3:06 PM
Dec 2007
It was BY FAR the best episode of the series and a fantastic ending with lots of action, emotion (on the good side for once), and of course a very good direction and animation. I'm happy to have watched the series just for the ending, especially after the wreck that episode 23 was.

Overall a very nice series with well-developped themes, interesting characters and a great ending which made me overlook its various flaws (basic script - even weak at times, a lot of filler episodes, drops in animation, corny chara development at times). And it was obviously two good levels above Index, which was plain shit. 8/10

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 20, 2010 3:40 PM

Oct 2009
OrochiPL said:
Rofl what the heck.....wrong anime for that......you should try Seikon no Qwaser...BTW the dumb post was actually good since it simply proved my thinking about the limited range of the rail-gun with the coin itself.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Mar 20, 2010 4:02 PM

Jun 2007
What a generic ending to a average anime.
Ok I lied it was good at times, but the end?
[url=TNOG.ORG]Im a bloke that runs games nights, in a pub[/url]
Mar 20, 2010 4:23 PM
May 2008
The entire season season has been fairly average, and with that I didn't expect a lot out of the finale. Even so, it was still a highly generic way to end the season... maybe if I had seen Index beforehand it would have meant more.

The only real reason I kept up with this series in the first place was because of the enjoyable characters, so the filler episodes were right up my alley. Then as soon as "story" popped up it would become more action than anything else... disappointing me since that is definitely where this series fails.

Anyway, the subs I watched said "see you next season," so if there is actually a follow up season I would totally be on board... the characters make the show for me that much!!! Also, is a second season confirmed?
Dead Account
Please Delete
Mar 20, 2010 5:59 PM

Jul 2009
Railgun is just to damn awesome! Can't get enough of it. It's power is just to great O.O

But the last attack, it just had to turn like Dragonball. Is it really common for 2 attacks colliding like that?

Anyway, great anime. Nice end. No news for a second season for Toaru Majutsu no Index?
This is a signature.
Mar 20, 2010 6:18 PM

Jun 2009
ShiraKiryuu said:
Anyway, great anime. Nice end. No news for a second season for Toaru Majutsu no Index?

Toaru Majutsu no Railgun or Toaru Kagaku no Index?
Toaru Bat no Saten or Toaru Useless no Uiharu. ^^
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 20, 2010 6:28 PM

Jun 2008
Hate it or love it, Railgun has made BiriBiri a star, NOT index(anime, not character)

In fact BiriBiri at the moment has almost 900 favorites, before Railgun, she had less than 200!!!

Kuroko has also enjoyed a popularity boost, she's currently at 174 favorites, before Railgun she had 40.

I also want a season 2 for To aru majutsu no index, HOWEVER, I HATE index (the character), she's 100% fail as a main character, also BiriBiri and Kuroko will go back to being worthless side characters.

In the end Railgun gave us a great view of what we all wished, Mikoto as the main character in her own show.

I just wished this could happen in other shows, for example:

Make Hinata the main character in Naruto (KILL SAKURA, SHE'S FUCKING WORTHLESS)
Make Hinagiku the main character in Hayate no Gotoku
Make Kyou the main character in Clannad......oh wait they did that already
Mar 20, 2010 6:36 PM

Jul 2008
alexcampos said:

...shit, my brain imploded

no matter what, hinata would be a terrible main character

Mar 20, 2010 6:37 PM

Jun 2009
alexcampos said:

She was a main character from the start. -_- But wait, maybe you're talking about special episode, they screwed it up after all so...
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 20, 2010 6:38 PM

Jul 2009
This Was Good And A Decent Ending Now Im Gonna Watch The One That Came Out Before This One Which I Shoulda Done In The First Place 9/10
Mar 20, 2010 7:15 PM

Aug 2008
What a nice ending. I guess things worked out fine even with all the perceived wasting of time. First half amazing, final half above average. I'm hoping for more of this series, it's been a fun ride. :-)
Mar 20, 2010 8:37 PM

Jun 2009
I really enjoyed it, then again, I still haven't watched Index...probably should get around to that sometime...

9/10 for me~
Mar 20, 2010 9:02 PM

Jun 2008
dxthegreat said:
alexcampos said:

...shit, my brain imploded

no matter what, hinata would be a terrible main character

More terrible than Sakura?!?!? ..... NO FUCKING WAY
Mar 20, 2010 9:06 PM
Feb 2009
As someone who has never watched Index, I can say that I really enjoyed this series, 9/10. I'm glad that Touma didn't show up too much, every time he did he just annoyed me anyways. It just felt out of place to me, but that's probably because I haven't seen Index yet.

I loved Kuroko, though, because she kicks ass and though her constant rape attempts got a bit annoying after a while, I still think she's adorable. I wish there were some more Kuroko and Misaka moments at the end. However, I loved the Kuroko and Misaka combo railgun! I also loved Saten, Uiharu was a bit useless, but she was still pretty cute. I really liked all the characters, so the filler episodes were actually pretty enjoyable to me.

I thought the ending was really well done and summed this up nicely.

I hope that they make a second season for this, but in the meantime I guess I better try Index. :)
Mar 20, 2010 9:06 PM
Dec 2008
Kdanni said:
Now I can rest in piece. The date is only august 13:

So remain 7 day to august 20. :P

the date is actually August 9
13:8 is the time.
which will obviously play a large role in determining railgun's timeline alone with index.

railgun was a good anime. it was much much better than index, and i really enjoyed it. will be one of my favorite series
the fight on the highway, as well as the fight in the lab was good.
saten's bat was also good, but i was hoping to see more higurashi-style batting.
i also hoped to see the railgun actually doing damage, like how they showed the railgun go through the monster thingy in ep 13.
hopefully railgun 2 and index 2 will be announced and animated soon

the songs were the best part
shame that there was no real force.
dear my friend~~~
level 5
and ONLY MY RAILGUN~~~~ ^^

series score 10/10. one of my most favorite ever
Mar 20, 2010 9:19 PM

Jul 2009
OrochiPL said:
ShiraKiryuu said:

Toaru Majutsu no Railgun or Toaru Kagaku no Index?
Toaru Bat no Saten or Toaru Useless no Uiharu. ^^

Toaru Majutsu no Index :D
In kinda needs a second season now... Railgun can wait, it needs more material from it's manga~
This is a signature.
Mar 20, 2010 9:25 PM

May 2007
Actually a pretty good final battle, couldn't save the show, but left a decent taste in my mouth.

I would much rather see more Index than Railgun for now

6/10
My anime list
Mar 20, 2010 9:30 PM

Dec 2008
HoaRy said:

What a shame the series wasted so many episodes, it could have been much better.

Yeah een if was a very good last episode the fillers can´t be forgotten were terrible still god but a waste of episodes :/
I´m hoping for a 2nd season to show Imouto and accelerator!!

alexcampos said:
Hate it or love it, Railgun has made BiriBiri a star, NOT index(anime, not character)

In fact BiriBiri at the moment has almost 900 favorites, before Railgun, she had less than 200!!!

Kuroko has also enjoyed a popularity boost, she's currently at 174 favorites, before Railgun she had 40.

I also want a season 2 for To aru majutsu no index, HOWEVER, I HATE index (the character), she's 100% fail as a main character, also BiriBiri and Kuroko will go back to being worthless side characters.

Index I also hate her she´s like Uiharu only cries, are uslesess and are annoying moeidiots ¬¬"
Saten was a good character but sometimes all that depretion was unnecesary
wabowserMar 20, 2010 9:36 PM
Mar 20, 2010 9:34 PM

Sep 2007
At least this had an ending unlike Index. Still a terribly executed series. 6/10
Mar 20, 2010 9:38 PM

Jul 2009
I still wonder why francis never mentioned this overly cute expression of Misaka

Even if our opinions differ, you are awesome!
Mar 20, 2010 10:41 PM

Oct 2009
Rathma said:
I still wonder why francis never mentioned this overly cute expression of Misaka

I did but instead make that only as a GIF I included all for a EPIC one.....I am talking about this=>
.....well I did screw up in it that last expression of Misaka but I found her more as strange having that sudden surprise as you can see suddenly...I cut that out a little since it was bothering the general way I wanted this to flow...
alexcampos said:
I also want a season 2 for To aru majutsu no index, HOWEVER, I HATE index (the character), she's 100% fail as a main character
Ah great another one to object to.....listen you! As a personal opinion of yours about Index.....I respect for choice but she is not fail....she can use magic and proved more than anything at the end she could handle the Golem....now things happened and of course she had to be helped but before even that her magical powers were tremendous......and impress but naming me one character that can have over 100 000 tomes of taboo magic in their mind.......not sure there is. Sure Index cries and can be helpless but still has a cute aspects like her childish side....like her expressions.......like her way of acting at some points.
wabowser said:
Index I also hate her she´s like Uiharu only cries, are uslesess and are annoying moeidiots ¬¬"
Index is not useless and compared to Uiharu has much more power....Index does not cry as pathetically as Uiharu did that it took a slap to wake her up. Moe idiot? Index is not as dumb as you think when she understand the mystical powers of magic itself......there did my part to protect Index since I like her...

Mar 20, 2010 10:41 PM

Nov 2007
i hope we get more index instead of a second season of this

that railgun was awesome when she used it with that bipedel mech tho XD

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
Mar 20, 2010 11:03 PM

Jan 2008
I think Index is boring and annoying. I'm not trying to get anyone worked up, just saying I much prefer Railgun. I don't mind serious stuff, and I don't mind the random slice of life stuff, but what I do hate is the random mini-arc fillers of supporting characters we never really see again. Get rid of that and the show will get a 10. :3
------------------

Mar 20, 2010 11:35 PM

Dec 2008
francismeunier said:
Blablabla...

Moeidiot are moeidiot that´s all even with powers, it´s like Orihime in bleach she can use all that reject of god but it´s useless the same with Index
Mar 21, 2010 12:20 AM

Oct 2009
wabowser said:
francismeunier said:
Blablabla...

Moeidiot are moeidiot that´s all even with powers, it´s like Orihime in bleach she can use all that reject of god but it´s useless the same with Index
Ok so.....Index still used her powers on that Golem and I certainly did not find them idiot the way she used them at all. Orihime.....sry but I have no idea who she is....why not give me some example to compare to Index that are moe idiot as you say.....

Mar 21, 2010 1:32 AM
Jun 2008
francismeunier said:
Ok so.....Index still used her powers on that Golem and I certainly did not find them idiot the way she used them at all. Orihime.....sry but I have no idea who she is....why not give me some example to compare to Index that are moe idiot as you say.....
Moe idiot(Uiharu?) with useless power i guess,for me i think she is just a decoration in the anime,rather not expect any earthshaking power from the flower over her head...
wabowser said:
it´s like Orihime in bleach she can use all that reject of god
I thought its reversing time in a small spot(for healing)....."use all the reject of god?" Does God use reject goods?? LOL Sorry i drop the series,I never know that ^^
Mar 21, 2010 3:54 AM

Apr 2009
The show is over, but I don't feel fulfilled by this ep..
They could've skipped some filler eps to make this episode feel less fast paced. Maybe even split between 2 episodes.
Sure, there were good moments here and there, but I didn't get anything out of them because of the pace.

I doubt that there will be a second season.
But who knows.
mell4444Mar 21, 2010 3:59 AM
Mar 21, 2010 7:05 AM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
wabowser said:
francismeunier said:
Blablabla...

I'll probably get killed for this statement.. but anyway: in the Index show you could compare moeidiot index with moeidiot misaka xD

Shall I explain? Misaka never had any shining moment in index besides her moe attributes and attemps to commit suicide xD
Yeah, index helped some more in this show with comments about how to defeat someone or as francis said fighting against the golen which she would have won if the connection between golem and master wouldn't have disappeared.

Now i could also discuss the fact, that uiharu wasn't useless, too but there probably won't be anyone listenening to me anymore after saying that about misaka xD
Even if our opinions differ, you are awesome!
Mar 21, 2010 10:37 AM

Feb 2009
Kongou was a big surprise. :D And this episode was total win. 7/10
Mar 21, 2010 10:52 AM

Dec 2007
I honestly thought this last episode sucked. The entire car chase felt ripped out of a video game, the theme song usage was tacky, and I felt zero sense of urgency. Telestina was a massive disappointment as a final bad guy, going from cold calculator to a psychopath in 5 seconds flat in one of the most jarring character shifts I've ever seen. Her motives also felt far too underdeveloped to boot.

Honestly, I thought the whole show was a vast disappointment. A Certain Magical Index wasn't an anime classic, but it had some good arcs and slick action. This show was just bogged down in mindless filler, added nothing to the Academy City universe and introduced one-dimensional characters that I frankly couldn't bring myself to care for. It was just 24 episodes of Misaka fan-service. I liked Misaka in Index, but she just can't carry her own show. None of the story, to me, ever felt like it revolved around her. She was just there to fight the bad guys, the story itself didn't revolve around Misaka or her ability at all.

Seriously, you could've thrown Touma into Misaka's position and you could call it a second season to Index. The only change you'd have to make is that Touma can't room with Kuroko, thus Kuroko would have less screen time....huh, that doesn't sound so bad.

2 out of 5 for the episode. 4 out of 10 for the whole series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2010 1:27 PM

Feb 2008
It was a nice finale. I particularly liked the animation. Though it did feel a little rushed, I'm glad Kiyama-sensei was able to revive the children. Made for a nice happy end. :)

Now I want a second season of Index, please!
Mar 21, 2010 1:36 PM

Nov 2008
CCZilla said:
I honestly thought this last episode sucked. The entire car chase felt ripped out of a video game, the theme song usage was tacky, and I felt zero sense of urgency. Telestina was a massive disappointment as a final bad guy, going from cold calculator to a psychopath in 5 seconds flat in one of the most jarring character shifts I've ever seen. Her motives also felt far too underdeveloped to boot.

Honestly, I thought the whole show was a vast disappointment. A Certain Magical Index wasn't an anime classic, but it had some good arcs and slick action. This show was just bogged down in mindless filler, added nothing to the Academy City universe and introduced one-dimensional characters that I frankly couldn't bring myself to care for. It was just 24 episodes of Misaka fan-service. I liked Misaka in Index, but she just can't carry her own show. None of the story, to me, ever felt like it revolved around her. She was just there to fight the bad guys, the story itself didn't revolve around Misaka or her ability at all.

Seriously, you could've thrown Touma into Misaka's position and you could call it a second season to Index. The only change you'd have to make is that Touma can't room with Kuroko, thus Kuroko would have less screen time....huh, that doesn't sound so bad.

2 out of 5 for the episode. 4 out of 10 for the whole series.
THIS!
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Proselyt - Jan 29, 2010

165 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Nakei - Jan 22, 2010

131 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 9, 11:21 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

throwaway513846 - Jan 15, 2010

153 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 9, 11:04 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

UnknownFact - Jan 2, 2010

170 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 9, 2:08 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

throwaway513846 - Dec 25, 2009

225 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 9, 1:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.