Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2010 4:54 PM
Feb 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Yay, Chapter 301 is out.

The King is even more powerful now. I wonder what's going to happen next. But I hope that Gons fight will start soon :<
Mar 18, 2010 5:14 PM
Jun 2007
WHAT. A. TWEEST.

Now this is brilliant: a memory loss twist that does not reek of a shitty plot-device.
Pufu may have been hit with Hakoware but the odds are still against the gang. But the Gon vs. Pitou fight is postponed (again). Still, Killua will be soon in action so it doesn't seem that bad.
Mar 18, 2010 5:44 PM

Aug 2007
Nice keep it going Togashi. Well done. Yet, I question who's left to fight the king. Hopefully Gon is able to defeat Pitou in battle just before the King arrives. I'm hoping after all this time we're able to see his transformation. I'm hoping it's much more than Killua's.
Mar 18, 2010 6:37 PM

Jan 2009
This arc is driving me crazy. Aside from all the delays, this manga rocks so much. I have no idea what's about to happen, when or how it's going to end. And honestly, I love it.

Please don't quit this manga after this arc. My poor heart couldn't take it!
Mar 18, 2010 7:07 PM

Sep 2008
I must say I did not expect the memory loss to incur.. and it did not seem like a shitty pulling out of the ass plot move..

ITS STILL ONGOING!!!

can't wait for next chapter...

I"m still with the fact that the king will now accept humans and not try to exterminate them...
Mar 18, 2010 7:13 PM
Jul 2009
lol i just hope that the king will never remember anything and kill himself
*amazed how the king remembers his name XD
Mar 18, 2010 10:40 PM

Jan 2009
I hope the king catches Pouf trying to kill Komugi and at least realizes that she is important to him, even if he doesn't remember her, and beats the shit out of him.

And where are the Spiders? Didn't they come in and kill a bunch of the ants at some point? It's been so long I can barely remember.......was it the queen they killed?
JadedLoverMar 18, 2010 10:44 PM

Mar 18, 2010 11:36 PM

Nov 2007
They just became chibi and no Pitou vs Gon ... lame T_T
Mar 19, 2010 12:54 AM
Dec 2009
JadedLover said:
I hope the king catches Pouf trying to kill Komugi and at least realizes that she is important to him, even if he doesn't remember her, and beats the shit out of him.

And where are the Spiders? Didn't they come in and kill a bunch of the ants at some point? It's been so long I can barely remember.......was it the queen they killed?

And where are biscults and gon's father. I thought they are among the top of nen user..
Mar 19, 2010 6:08 AM

Aug 2009
shinntetsu said:

now that you mention it.... if Meryem's suffering from short-term memory loss, he shouldn't remember his name since it was just a few seconds before the explosion when Netero said it.

How come he could remember his name, but not the explosion that occurred 2 seconds after it?
Mar 19, 2010 10:00 AM
Mar 2010
ChillWinterheart said:
shinntetsu said:

now that you mention it.... if Meryem's suffering from short-term memory loss, he shouldn't remember his name since it was just a few seconds before the explosion when Netero said it.

How come he could remember his name, but not the explosion that occurred 2 seconds after it?

ChillWinterheart said:
shinntetsu said:

first of all hi ChillWinterheart or should I say Dojowitch :D

I know u from youtube ^.^

anyway to answer ur question its because Youpi called him by his name before the king said anything :)

http://media.onemanga.com/mangas/00000078/000298672/04.jpg

as for the chapter it was really good :>
youpi & pufu were soo cute as chibis X3

in the last page I noticed some notes
but before reading them I was scared to death that it was a going to be on hold DX
RaN_KurUtAMar 19, 2010 10:29 AM
Mar 19, 2010 2:24 PM
Jun 2007
JadedLover said:

IIRC, the Ryodan are in a distant part of the continent from where Meruem set-up his kingdom so they could not have got there quickly enough--or they did not have the info regarding the Hunters' operation. It'd be cool if they made their return at this point, though, highly improbable as that seems.
Mar 20, 2010 2:01 PM
Mar 2010
So since Pouf is a part of the King, does that mean that Hakoware is going to affect the King also?

The name thing makes no sense, since there is no way for Pouf to have known the Kings real name either. Bit of an oversight there...

This whole ARC seems to be all over the place, likely due to all of the hiatus'. Togashi seems to be constantly changing his mind as to what he wants to do with it. I am sure he probably intended to get the Genei Ryodan involved at one point, but 2 hiatus' later he has forgotten all about it.
Mar 20, 2010 7:00 PM

Aug 2009
actually no... remember, when the king was half dead and poufu and yupi were in the process of giving themselves to the king, the king said "Call me Meryem".
Mar 20, 2010 7:03 PM

Aug 2009
RaN_KurUtA said:

anyway to answer ur question its because Youpi called him by his name before the king said anything :)

oh HAI THAR XD *gives friendly cat wave*
Actually, that page is AFTER the king tells them "Call me Meryem". This was how Yupi knew the king's name.

The story goes:

1. Netero tells the king his name
2. Big ass explosion
3. the guards find the king half-dead
4. the guards try to revive him
5. the king tells them his name is Meryem
6. the guards begin calling him Meryem [sama]

so in the flow of things, my question remains unanswered... how come the king remembers his name but not the explosion that came 2 seconds after it? =/
Mar 21, 2010 1:35 AM
Mar 2010
ChillWinterheart said:
RaN_KurUtA said:

oh HAI THAR XD *gives friendly cat wave*
Actually, that page is AFTER the king tells them "Call me Meryem". This was how Yupi knew the king's name.

The story goes:

1. Netero tells the king his name
2. Big ass explosion
3. the guards find the king half-dead
4. the guards try to revive him
5. the king tells them his name is Meryem
6. the guards begin calling him Meryem [sama]

so in the flow of things, my question remains unanswered... how come the king remembers his name but not the explosion that came 2 seconds after it? =/

its either because he lost consciousness after telling his name
( he was breathing when they found him )

and u said he was half dead maybe his name was what all in his mind through the explosion

or because he got some kind of amnesia which made him forget some part of his memory not all of them

( he asked why am i here but he didnt know that even before zeno and netero broke into the palace )

also he remembered thier flavor and thier original shapes so he was aware of his suroundings at that time :)
RaN_KurUtAMar 21, 2010 1:44 AM
Jun 8, 2014 7:34 PM

Jun 2009
Hmm, I never thought of that. It actually is kind of odd that he remembers his name but not some other things like his fight. However, perhaps it could be argued that his name is just simply of more importance to him than this fight and, since Komugi was a bit further away in his memory, that is why he doesn't remember her. I don't know. Then again, they did say it was probably partial amnesia right?

Either way, I like the set up. It's Meruem's Human (represented by Komugi) vs. his Ant (represented by Pouf attempting to kill her) side. Which one will win out?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 19, 2017 7:50 AM

Nov 2010
I love how when Pouf reminds Meruem of the duel with Netero, Meruem instead thinks of the Gungi game with Komugi.

And Youpi looks so cute.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 63 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 13, 2014

6 by Waddledont »»
Apr 14, 5:16 PM

» Chapter 401 will come out

georgecretuu1 - Mar 10, 2023

14 by StardustCursader »»
Apr 12, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 391 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ManWild - Oct 20, 2022

62 by removed-user »»
Mar 7, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 1 Discussion

Canute - Jun 1, 2013

16 by Joel77 »»
Feb 28, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 51 Discussion

Terrestrious - Jul 25, 2014

4 by Farm-key »»
Feb 18, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.