Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 18, 2010 9:53 AM
Dec 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Don't mind me, just shitting bricks.

At everything.

I need to rewatch it now.-
Mar 18, 2010 10:55 AM
Feb 2010
Can't wait for it to be subbed.
Mar 18, 2010 11:04 AM

Aug 2008
Just got spoiled somewhere else, and yeah, you all will shit bricks when you'll see it :P
Ultimate references mode on.
Mar 18, 2010 12:58 PM

Mar 2010
I'll assume that Erika and Walker have some significance, then?
Mar 18, 2010 1:22 PM
Nov 2008
when do the subs usually come out?
Mar 18, 2010 1:36 PM

Mar 2010
Tomorrow.
Mar 18, 2010 1:46 PM

Feb 2008
Good episode :D
BlackbirdMar 18, 2010 2:24 PM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Mar 18, 2010 1:47 PM

Jan 2010
MUST...WATCH...NOW!!!
Mar 18, 2010 2:06 PM

Mar 2010
Watching the RAW, now. All I can say is...I wish I could understand this.
Mar 18, 2010 2:21 PM

Aug 2008
WTFNinja said:
I'll assume that Erika and Walker have some significance, then?

Not really.
Just wait for it.
Everyone somewhat wished for it, but noone really believed it will happen.
Mar 18, 2010 2:27 PM

Feb 2008
Mikado the leader of Dollars site and was the one that made it and it's become popular, hehe interesting xD.
I guess that he sending the mail to everyone that was member in Dollars site or was it a spreading spam. :D

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Mar 18, 2010 3:07 PM

Jan 2009
Mikado was awesome! Celty made me tear up a bit. :'|
Seiji... is, well... crazy. GAHHHH.

When Mikado was just holding his phone I kept on thinking "PRESS SEND, PRESS SEND MIKADOOO!!!" Though I kinda wonder where Kida-kun was during this whole time. We usually see him out and about Ikebukuro even at night right? Mhmm. Talk about convenience anyone? Hopefully there's a significance to that.

And this episode's references were the best so far.
My brain: Yorozuya Gin-chan -> Yozakura Quartet = Yorozuya Quartet (this is how much Gintama has affected me).
Mar 18, 2010 3:43 PM

Feb 2008
Reference dump! :>

Even though I didn't understand most of it, I know I watched something very awesome. 8D Mikado is too cool for words, but awh, Celty... And someone, please, just kill Seiji. >:(

Mar 18, 2010 3:49 PM
Sep 2008
wut was in that sms that Mikado send?
Mar 18, 2010 3:54 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode but the Mikado summoning Dollars scene isn't as awesome as in the novel.But still awesome anyway with all the crowds are Dollars & bring tension to Namie & her goons.Mikado voice is cool & serious this episode.Celty are awesome in this episode & she totally furious with the guys that messing her head.
Hoo boy..Mikado in a pinch at the end!

Best part of this episode:Miria & Isaac(Baccano!) cameo!
Mar 18, 2010 4:45 PM

Jan 2009
KajiKenji said:
wut was in that sms that Mikado send?

Something along the lines of "look at the people who don't have cellphones because whoever isn't holding a cellphone right now is our enemy."
My brain: Yorozuya Gin-chan -> Yozakura Quartet = Yorozuya Quartet (this is how much Gintama has affected me).
Mar 18, 2010 5:04 PM

Dec 2009
Fuck, I need my subs now. This episode looks like it will be a 10/10.
Mar 18, 2010 8:56 PM

Feb 2009
This episode had good potential but the low budget production was on my nerves the whole time! What's with all those still images?! Apart from that, this is a good episode. Baccano ref. was cool.

Mar 19, 2010 1:12 AM

Oct 2009
Wow, wow and wow was this episode.....everything was incredible..the best for me was Celty at the end that motorcycled run was almost similar to a scene of Ghostrider I saw and Celty's fight was incredible more than before!=>
with more here=>
Mikado is the proud person that any should look up to if that person wants to make a network I mean looks at this=>
with one cell call he made the whole crowd receive his message! Just incredible! Namie looks so hot here=>
.....it got me a little excited even though I married Sawako (sorry dear it was something I could not help myself with...punish me! :P ) Anyways complete 180 degree turn in personality, character and determination of Mikado.....he is now my favorite officially after Shizuo/Izaya/Anri. His speech at Nami so much made O_O I still cannot not think about how he changed suddenly! His computer is nice but his RAM suck! Yuck 800mb? I have over 6gig of that! XD His processor is not bad 2.2 gig=>
Oh man Simon got almost a bad hit from Shizuo here=>
Celty after her helmet is out looked like she was really primed up=>
I think his computer is a NEC=>
Looks all the Dollars responses....thse people impressed me with all these crowds=>

Kagura89 said:
Great episode but the Mikado summoning Dollars scene isn't as awesome as in the novel.But still awesome anyway with all the crowds are Dollars & bring tension to Namie & her goons.Mikado voice is cool & serious this episode.Celty are awesome in this episode & she totally furious with the guys that messing her head.
Hoo boy..Mikado in a pinch at the end!

Best part of this episode:Miria & Isaac(Baccano!) cameo!
Even so Isaac and Miria from the spoilers I read of Baccano.....
I know already I should find time to watch Baccano....I know and will Here is GIF version that I find better.....
Niklai said:
Just got spoiled somewhere else, and yeah, you all will shit bricks when you'll see it :P
Ultimate references mode on.
Did I ever for just Makido and the sudden network show
Kagura89 said:
Great episode but the Mikado summoning Dollars scene isn't as awesome as in the novel.
Why is it better in the novel?
ScarletApples said:
According to the preview
Is not the preview more about Mika Harima and her story...I am more excited to know now about it!
francismeunierMar 19, 2010 1:22 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Mar 19, 2010 2:35 AM

Jul 2009
^It's difficult to reply your comment with your infinite wall of text+gif so instead I will answer whole.

Yes,Namie is kinda hot there <333
Oh,I love Miria&Isaac!They are simply make people adore them with their silliness XD
About why Mikado summoning scene isn't awesome as I expected:

But they did a good job with that scene in anime so it's okay for me.

Next episode is the end of book 1 & looks like we will see Mika background & what excactly Izaya doing in preview.
Kagura89Mar 19, 2010 2:52 AM
Mar 19, 2010 2:46 AM

Oct 2009
Kagura89 said:
^It's difficult to reply your comment with your infinite wall of text+gif so instead I will answer whole.

Ah it must be the stupid coding but my text is not that long if you take all that coding and spoiler code.......I use the find button to reply comments to see where I have to erase just to get to that part.
Kagura89 said:
Yes,Namie is kinda hot there <333

It must be skirt and her sweater
Kagura89 said:
Oh,I love Miria&Isaac!They are simply make people adore them with their silliness XD

That's what I though most people would like them for......their silliness/joking around.
Kagura89 said:

Ah....so they only got the expressions/feelings wrong but rest was rather well done..I see your point...yeah I agree with it that it would look good but Namie and her goons did look a little in panic....
Kagura89 said:
Next episode is the end of book 1 & looks like we will see Mika background & what excactly Izaya doing in preview.

I see......yes Mika is someone I feel to know the truth since I like Anri as a female character in this serie.

Mar 19, 2010 4:42 AM
Jun 2008
From the last episode i said " Information is the greatest weapon in any war!!!!!! " i think i should rephrase it.... " Internet is the greatest weapon in any war!!!!!! " .
Dollars=Public??(certainly that is very hard to fight) Mikato use "curious" as a bait to get member?? cool!!Izaya really great,he make Mikato's dream come true ^^

今度は私の手のひらがあります
MorningGloryMar 19, 2010 4:57 AM
Mar 19, 2010 6:14 AM

Dec 2007
Wow.

Wow.

That's all I have to say.

(Well, almost. I noticed that Erika's ringtone was Himegami's voice from Index-tan 2. That was cool.)
Mar 19, 2010 6:26 AM

Apr 2009
SUGOOOOOI! SUGOOOOOOOOI! SUGOOOOOOOI! XD
Mar 19, 2010 6:27 AM

Apr 2009
Yay for Miria and Isaac!
Also... it's the first time when after watching the episode of some anime I started rewatching it within 10 minutes...

Mar 19, 2010 6:27 AM

Jul 2009
bambooXZX said:

(Well, almost. I noticed that Erika's ringtone was Himegami's voice from Index-tan 2. That was cool.)

Ippen shindemiru......sound like Enma Ai.(Himegami seiyuu,Mamiko Noto is the same seiyuu for Enma Ai^^)
Mar 19, 2010 6:47 AM

Jan 2009
Kagura89 said:

I agree. I really liked the light novel's so I was expecting something the same from the anime but I was quite disappointed. It was good but I didn't get the same feeling from it as the novel's.
Mar 19, 2010 6:48 AM

Nov 2008
Issac and Miria?! Fuck! What a treat!
Mar 19, 2010 7:04 AM

Jun 2008
msdoodles said:
Kagura89 said:

I agree. I really liked the light novel's so I was expecting something the same from the anime but I was quite disappointed. It was good but I didn't get the same feeling from it as the novel's.

^Totally agree, the tension was really different which kind of disappointing yet it was still good, but for some reason I liked the novel's version better in a way.

Aside from that, it still good. It amused me to see Isaac and Mirai and their screentime was a highlight for me <3
And damn cliffhanger, I hope Mikado can fight back against that stupid Seiji. Just die already please ~

(On a side note, Shizuo dropped his cigar made laugh and when he was trying to throw the poor random motorbike at Simon)
Mar 19, 2010 7:07 AM

Feb 2009
OMG, best episode yet, what a twist! So Ryugamine has the power of the Internet eh? He's some kind of Moot.
Mar 19, 2010 7:13 AM

Jul 2009
Alexstratz said:
OMG, best episode yet, what a twist! So Ryugamine has the power of the Internet eh? He's some kind of Moot.

Hahaha...this kinda reminds that 4chan is now worshiping Mikado as some sort of idol or something.They nicknamed Mikado "Mootkado" XD
Mar 19, 2010 7:17 AM

Oct 2009
Mimiko said:
And damn cliffhanger, I hope Mikado can fight back against that stupid Seiji. Just die already please ~
I am thinking that he can fight back or at least will have some kind of help suddenly.
Kagura89 said:
Alexstratz said:

Hahaha...this kinda reminds that 4chan is now worshiping Mikado as some sort of idol or something.They nicknamed Mikado "Mootkado" XD
Does Mootkado have a meaning on its own? I mean not familiar with Moot at all as a term.

Mar 19, 2010 7:20 AM

Aug 2008
moot is the creator of 4chan so mootkado is a reference to that
Mar 19, 2010 7:32 AM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:

Kagura89 said:
Alexstratz said:

Does Mootkado have a meaning on its own? I mean not familiar with Moot at all as a term.

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4chan

Moot is indeed creator of 4chan.
Mikado is a admin/creator of Dollars website,so he like moot hence nicknamed Mootkado
Also Dollars=Hardcore version of 4chan.
Kagura89Mar 19, 2010 7:57 AM
Mar 19, 2010 7:51 AM

Sep 2008
Yeah....the dollar's members sounding more and more like the users over at 4chan.
Even the image-boards shown on Mikado's screen during the latter half of the episode looked like 4chan :P

Also, 5/5 episode...as usual.
YoshiBoshiMar 19, 2010 7:57 AM
Mar 19, 2010 8:08 AM

Aug 2009
Wow. Another amazing episode.

I did not expect that there were so many members of the Dollars. I'm loving Mikado now. Celty's rage was awesome.
Actually I'm speechless with this episode. Simply great. Can't wait for the next episode. Cruel Izaya-kun willl be back.

Ippen shinde miru? Erika <3
Mar 19, 2010 8:12 AM

Oct 2009
Great episode :D
Mikado was so badass >_<
Oh, and i think i hate Namie now... and Seiji... they both really need a psychologist ...

Mar 19, 2010 8:26 AM

Dec 2007
Epic just like Elvis Presley.
Mar 19, 2010 8:35 AM
Feb 2010
Shouldn't this be subbed by now?
D:
Mar 19, 2010 8:40 AM

Jun 2009
So much awesome that I can barely believe it. But most of all.....Issac and Miria!
The Irony is that I am actually rewatching Baccano at the moment. Great to see them. The dollars are pretty invincible now with two immortals in the gang. Still....Issac and Miria are not the same without the dub voices. I know I will get bashed for that but I just feel that the dub voices were perfect for them.

By the way, who else shouted "NO!" when the episode ended? Way to leave us on a cliffhanger.
AidanAK47Mar 19, 2010 8:45 AM

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Mar 19, 2010 8:59 AM

Jun 2009
Jennichigo said:
D:

Learn to google.

AidanAK47 said:
Still....Issac and Miria are not the same without the dub voices. I know I will get bashed for that but I just feel that the dub voices were perfect for them.

By the way, who else shouted "NO!" when the episode ended? Way to leave us on a cliffhanger.

I actually liked their dub voices too, Baccano! did have a decent dub.

And I went "oh shi-" at the end of the episode but then saw the preview of next week's episode and I was relieved. Now off to rewatch...
Mar 19, 2010 9:04 AM
Dec 2008
Kagura89 said:

Sweet Jesus. I don't know why the anime went for a much 'lighter' version of that. That picture alone summarizes the atmosphere in that scene. Plus mikado looks awesome, while in the anime...'meh'
Mar 19, 2010 9:05 AM

Oct 2009
Jennichigo said:
D:

It is :D
http://www.animecrazy.net/durarara-episode-11/

Mar 19, 2010 9:24 AM

Feb 2009
Suuggooii! Suuugggoooiii!! Suuuuggggooooiiii!!!

What-an-awesome-episode. . .

Hoping to see MOAR RyuMik by next week... And Shizuo too....

wktk :3
Xhy-desuMar 19, 2010 9:28 AM

Mar 19, 2010 10:17 AM

Nov 2008
It was an interesting episode but I had expected more from this. Next week's episode should be far more interesting than this.

I wonder how they will workout the head thing. Maybe Selty will let her be, but I have the other guy, hopefully he will disappear soon. But I remember that the other "Selty" loves him too.

Hopefully a new arc will start soon, to be honest I'm kind of getting bored, the plot does not seem to be moving fast enough in my opinion.
Mar 19, 2010 10:25 AM

Mar 2008
This anime has just reached another step in awesomeness level with Isaac & Miria appearing. So far I had refrened myself from scoring it, but I couldn't resist at the end of this ep. It's just too good.

Fuck me, I feel like a fanboy.
Mar 19, 2010 10:31 AM

Oct 2007
I would say I had expected more than this. And Selty snapped out screaming was just weird.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Mar 19, 2010 10:42 AM

Jan 2010
Great episode. I'm glad that Mikado isn't like a dork anymore.

And about Selty and the head. Didn't Izaya hold it in the preview?
Mar 19, 2010 10:53 AM

Feb 2009
The internet can make a person change...A lot...

So many members of Dollars!
Mar 19, 2010 10:54 AM

Apr 2009
HOLY SHIT ISAAC& MIRIA

there was even a translator's note saying I should watch Baccano. Glad I already did.

So much awesomeness that it became hard to understand
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

francismeunier - Apr 22, 2010

234 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Proselyt - Jan 14, 2010

331 by Karva1 »»
Apr 19, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Feb 18, 2010

299 by Kurkitos »»
Feb 5, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

205 by dr_hydrangea »»
Jan 31, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Mar 31, 2010

336 by 2life »»
Nov 29, 2023 3:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.