Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2017 4:15 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Mattsun and Mari special chapter! The one I have been waiting for ages (actually two months since the announcement)!

This was an incredibly cute chapter and just like the Nozomi and Keiichi special chapter which was more like a Nozomi special chapter since it was from her point of view. This time we get Mari's point of view on her relationship with Mattsun!

Mari has been coming over the spring break at Mattsun's place because of how he has been nagging during the exams that he wanted to meet her only for her to insist that he focuses on his studies. But she still scratches him all up lol because of his advances. Well, he should have just said he wanted to kiss her instead of putting it such a way as if he wanted to be a bit too intimate with her to her liking! Poor guy! He just wanted to be rewarded with kisses for holding back for so long because of the exams!

Loved it how she complained about Mattsun to Anna but when Anna asked if she hated it she actually hesitated to answer to that! OMG! She simply doesn't realize that she is gradually falling in love with him. But she admitted that she wants to be spoiled by Anna and Maa-kun but when it comes to Mattsun it's different! Loved Anna's misunderstanding of what Mari meant by getting spoiled!

In her next visit to Mattsun's place, she totally made Mattsun mad. Mattsun actually yelled at her and said she is always refusing him. But when he said if she hated him, she said it wasn't like that but she felt Mattsun goes overboard sometimes (OVERBOARD? KISSING IS GOING OVERBOARD?!, Oh! Mari)! But when Mattsun said he is giving up she wondered if she made him mad! THIS GIRL!

As they were watching a movie, with Mattsun a bit disappointed, his phone started to vibrate and then he got a call from a classmate from his middle school alumni for an upcoming reunion. Mattsun showed consideration of Mari as she was watching the movie and simply patted her head and left the room to converse elsewhere! Mari thought he didn't have to leave the room! Oh, God! She doesn't even realize Mattsun's company is so precious to her, does she?! ❤

But soon the clock starts to tick away, the movie also finishes but isn't Mattsun taking forever on the call?! She even peeked after hearing a sound wondering if Mattsun came back only to see it was Nozomi returning. She was a bit disappointed as she said she would rather go home if Mattsun isn't coming, instead she does the exact opposite! How cute was that when she dived onto Mattsun bed! As she smelled the scent of Mattsun's perfume on the bed, she started thinking how she would find it annoying if his scent got on her because he's always trying to stick with her. Mari, you don't complain like that while you bury your nose on his pillow and hug it! I think it was the first time she realized when he's not around she actually misses him and gets lonely! ❤

As Mattsun came back rushing, he revealed that he had to go all the way to the station to get some drinks because the nearest store was under construction or something. The next segment is the sweetest I have seen of Mari as she pouts and tells Mattsun that he was late. And even tells Mattsun had she known she would to go with him outside! ❤

Mattsun tells Mari that he sent her a text and asked if she didn't notice. What she said next melted my heart so much so that I wanted to give her a hug! She tell him she keeps her phone silent when she spends time with Mattsun! ❤

Mattun just couldn't hold back and hugged her from behind on his bed much to Mari's discomfort. But Mari didn't resist much as Mattsun tells her that Mari actually likes him. Mari plants her head on Mattsun's pillow and tells him that if she didn't like him she wouldn't come to his place. She just wouldn't keep it simple. ❤

Loved how Mattsun effortlessly lifts her up and puts her in front of him. Mari tells him that it's impossible for her to be in a relationship so deep. Mattsun tells her that he just cannot help it because he loves what he loves. Mari asks Mattsun if he's not scared the way he is so crazy about what he wants. Mattsun tells her he's not, rather he enjoys it and he is crazy about Mari as he plays with her hair and wants Mari to be crazy about him too.

Mari blushes and tells Mattsun while panicking that he keeps on saying embarrassing stuff. Mattsun asks Mari if he can kiss her. Mari replies he doesn't need to ask for her permission every single time. And they kiss! ❤

As we enter Mari's monologue, it becomes more obvious that she is in love with Mattsun as she knows her heart beats so fast because of him despite of not knowing if it's okay for her. Even though she allows her emotions sway because of Mattsun she is okay with having her heart beat so fast. ❤

I wish the chapter ended with her monologues. Instead, we see a Mari, who is kissed all over by Mattsun, on her lips, on her forehead, on her cheeks, on her neck, on her collarbones, everywhere, and she is on the verge of crying, shocked and totally exhausted! So, perhaps he does go overboard! I am sorry for you, Mari! You are just loved a bit too much!

Suddenly to Mari's shock, Mattsun starts to undress and tells her he is readying himself for what is next! WHAT?! This time Mari recovers completely and beats him up (although it was again a misunderstanding). The chapter ends with Mattsun asking the readers if they would be alright with not seeing anything other than kissing. Mari in the background said maybe she would watch if there was a drama (was that an indication that we might get a drama or a live action sometime in the future, hmm)!

Such an adorable chapter. I wish we could see more of the Nijiiro Days' couples. I hope to see the special chapters with the two other couples soon. I already miss this manga and gonna continue missing it because it had been so fun!
shanimebibNov 15, 2017 5:08 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 9, 2019 11:43 AM
Apr 2019
Where you got this info??
Aug 29, 2022 4:05 PM
Oct 2020
It took a bit for them to kiss did he really think she was ready to move on to the next step

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nijiiro Days Chapter 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2015

5 by Battles »»
May 17, 2023 9:33 AM

Poll: » Nijiiro Days Chapter 46 Discussion

shanimebib - Aug 31, 2016

8 by Rexnihilo »»
Aug 28, 2022 6:45 PM

» Why does mal say it has 80 chapters?

JJB3609A - Mar 17, 2022

3 by Alexioos95 »»
Jul 24, 2022 9:52 PM

» Where to start after the anime

Nenethegreat - Mar 9, 2022

1 by Alexioos95 »»
Mar 9, 2022 8:01 AM

Poll: » Nijiiro Days Chapter 57 Discussion

shanimebib - Apr 7, 2017

18 by TitanInsane »»
Aug 23, 2021 1:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.