Forum Settings
Forums

Ex-DNC Chair admits Hillary rigged nomination process

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 5, 2017 11:00 AM

Jan 2014
code said:
Zelev said:
So we should all pretend she doesn't have a huge grip on one of the two major parties? How is that better than being a sheep?
Kind of missing the point.
Everyone knew this anyway, it's just beating a dead horse.

The real negative of this isn't 'what Hillary got away with' or whatever. It's that it's showing to everyone how disjointed the party is (as if we didn't know that, but having concrete proof is bad). Both the repub and dem parties are fractured.

But everyone wants to 'win' more than anything. Everything sucks because we are too focused on 'justice' that we are dividing. Whether it's wanting Hillary to go to jail or Trump to be impeached, it's all bad to wish for.

We shouldn't "pretend" anything. We should just move on.
Moving on doesn't make someone a sheep. Ironically, the opposite.

Wrong. Not directly agreeing with your point =/= missing the point.

You should be angry about it anyway. You should be talking about it. You shouldn't let her get away with it.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 5, 2017 11:07 AM

Jun 2015
Zelev said:

You should be angry about it anyway. You should be talking about it. You shouldn't let her get away with it.
I agree with that statement, but you still missed the point.
I didn't say anything about pretending in either comment so...

Anyway, not really sure what you mean by letting her get away with it.
Anger just leads to more problems. Look for actual solutions.

Nov 5, 2017 11:14 AM

May 2013
Ahh yeah that sounds like a bunch of post election tears to me. Hillary was the Secretary of State, she was definitely the favored candidate for 2016. Saying the DNC controlled funds for her and stuff is like, totally not surprising. Yo she was supposed to be a total shoe in... this election was crazy dissapointing for anyone who supported her.

If anything Bernie just kinda fucked it up for her lol, but hey it's a democratic system you can't really fault him for running a campaign. Almost makes me wish I hadn't voted for him in the primary though, but whatever.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Nov 5, 2017 12:55 PM

Jan 2014
code said:
Zelev said:

No, you're missing the point. You can't "look for actual solutions" in a rigged system. Change the system first, then solution. Your logic is backwards.

Nov 5, 2017 1:09 PM

May 2010
code said:
Zelev said:

What do you think happens if you let people get away with crimes?

Let's say someone steals a 70" flat screen TV, and they get caught and the judge says "We're not prosecuting people for stealing 70" flat screen TV's at this time." What do you think would happen?
Nov 5, 2017 2:35 PM

Jun 2015
@zelev
Not sure what inspired this odd pissing contest you're going for.
My point wasn't to fix the system, not directly at least.

@thrashinuva
That doesn't really apply to what I said.

Nov 5, 2017 2:38 PM

Jan 2014
code said:
@zelev

@thrashinuva

So you're not aware of what you type? How exactly do we go about a solution, from your perspective?

Nov 5, 2017 3:06 PM

Jun 2015
Zelev said:
code said:
@zelev

@thrashinuva

So you're not aware of what you type? How exactly do we go about a solution, from your perspective?
I mean, I usually know what I type. A good sixty percent of the time. Doesn't mean I understand the mindset behind your responses unless you're aggravated for some reason.

I already said my solution. It's a simple one for a complicated problem.
There's no short run fix. Delivering pseudo moral punishment here wouldn't do anything.

Nov 5, 2017 5:06 PM

Jan 2014
code said:
Zelev said:

I mean, I usually know what I type. A good sixty percent of the time. Doesn't mean I understand the mindset behind your responses unless you're aggravated for some reason.

There's no short run fix. Delivering pseudo moral punishment here wouldn't do anything.

Even though I literally told you what I was thinking lol?

Your solution is there no solution. So.... status quo. Got it. You're very happy with ignoring Hillary. As much I'd like to.. she's cancer - and it spread pretty quick.
Obviously ignoring Hillary = no fix at all. So I don't know what you mean by "short run fix" when you have provided nothing. "Pseudo moral punishment" in what way? She deserves it.

Nov 5, 2017 7:28 PM

Jun 2015
I think I'm at a loss for words lol
Thanks.

Nov 5, 2017 7:37 PM

Feb 2010
Zelev said:
code said:

Your solution is there no solution. So.... status quo. Got it. You're very happy with ignoring Hillary. As much I'd like to.. she's cancer - and it spread pretty quick.
Obviously ignoring Hillary = no fix at all. So I don't know what you mean by "short run fix" when you have provided nothing. "Pseudo moral punishment" in what way? She deserves it.

shunning is quite the effective tactic. especially to groups or people that want attention.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Nov 5, 2017 8:02 PM

Jan 2014
hazarddex said:
Zelev said:

shunning is quite the effective tactic. especially to groups or people that want attention.

I'd agree, but not in this case. You can't exactly shun criminals while letting them continue those very actions yet expect something to change.

Nov 5, 2017 10:18 PM

May 2010
code said:
@thrashinuva
If you let someone get away with rigging a nomination even after you've found out, giving them zero punishment, then it follows that people would follow suit and take advantage of the lack of punishment for misconduct, further ruining the system.

How does that not apply to what you've said? You want to let Hillary go with no punishment whatsoever, and you say it's because you want to focus on the corrupt system, and yet you ignore something that is very likely to further corrupt the system in a situation where if something was done about it, it would serve to reverse the corruption within the system.

It really sounds like you feel that punishing Hillary would serve to discredit other democratic politicians, and so you'd rather let her go so that any other attempts at validating those politicians is met with less resistance. When people do bad things, they should be punished, or else chaos breaks out. I've laid out for you exactly why you should logically support some form of punishment for Hillary. Do you still protest?
Nov 5, 2017 10:38 PM

Apr 2017
G O V E R M E N T C O R R U P T I O N
yay
イカロス --I K A R O S D E S U-- "Hai master" <3cruise

Becoming the bell of my heart
dont click here, baka -->> https://soundcloud.com/franciscan-guitar
Nov 6, 2017 3:40 AM

Jun 2015
Thrashinuva said:
code said:
@thrashinuva
If you let someone get away with rigging a nomination even after you've found out, giving them zero punishment, then it follows that people would follow suit and take advantage of the lack of punishment for misconduct, further ruining the system.

How does that not apply to what you've said? You want to let Hillary go with no punishment whatsoever, and you say it's because you want to focus on the corrupt system, and yet you ignore something that is very likely to further corrupt the system in a situation where if something was done about it, it would serve to reverse the corruption within the system.

It really sounds like you feel that punishing Hillary would serve to discredit other democratic politicians, and so you'd rather let her go so that any other attempts at validating those politicians is met with less resistance. When people do bad things, they should be punished, or else chaos breaks out. I've laid out for you exactly why you should logically support some form of punishment for Hillary. Do you still protest?
I meant it doesn't apply because I'm not saying she should get away with a crime lol

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.