Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 27, 2017 5:57 PM

Jan 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
When he walked away from the guy I had a feeling he was gonna become a good version of the pretty boy.
Nov 24, 2018 12:53 AM

May 2016
Ryuusuke ended up as one of the crossroad pretty boys but he was more of an agent of hope than the black-clothed guy will ever be. It sucks that he had to be bound to this fate to put a stop to it but at least the suicides have been put to a minimum thanks to his hopeful advice. And it was as if he was finally deemed as unnecessary after all the trouble he'd caused because he just got replaced lol.

I guess that being too preoccupied by something and hearing questions from people who are pretty much worse off than you and helping them out is a great way to keep the harakiri thoughts away. If only everyone could be everyone's guidance counselors~

May 6, 2021 10:17 PM
Apr 2016
So he became the opposite version, white clothed pretty boy, at least it'll even or cancel the future suicide rate, too bad it ended the way it did but overall very good series, really enjoyed it.
Sep 6, 2022 12:44 AM

Dec 2009
Anticlimactic ending which leaves me disappointed, but fortunately and hopefully the sequel chapter is fulfilling as a finale to this story. 8/10.
From what I've read from Junji Itou, which is mostly by release order up to this point, so far this is the best one I've read for simply being a full story unlike many of the One-Shots that are fascinating in how unique and captivating they are but feel a bit amiss for not being conclusive with a lasting continued mystery to the horror- which is a great fun experience nonetheless.

It's not incredibly mind-bending like some of his grander work in their concepts, but it's great in how it haunts the protagonist with his past with shockingly insane people, be it alive or ghost.
The art and experience of people being possessed from the intersection's pretty boy instruction that turns them crazy to eventual suicide from slicing their neck,
From the aunt, the girl who likes Ryuusuke, to the girls screaming for the intersection boy, committing mass suicide with their blood spreading into the fog and repeating their fangirling as corpses. To the tragedy of Midori (who loves Ryuusuke) being possessed to hate him her whole life and commit suicide when she's briefly conscious to "stop" hating him.

The story mostly revolving around Ryuusuke from six years old unknowingly as he was upset telling Midori's aunt that her affair would fail as she's carrying a baby, committing her to suicide would haunt him after coming back 10 years later through the act of a tall pretty boy enacting the same act he did as a child.
Midori's belief that that boy was her dead cousin baby was great because it feels reasonable, but instead it's actually the missing child of the man her aunt had an affair with... which is odd and somewhat disappointing relation-wise.

Midori's cousin being the boy would have made more "sense", but Midori's aunt's ghost did help Ryuusuke to find Midori when she was lost in the fog by pointing him to her direction, even though she died regardless of being helped that time...
'Curious what the final next chapter will be like as a conclusion to the story. Ryuusuke turning into the intersection's white dressed pretty boy in constrast to the black one is intriguing, as he's been tried to save people and heal his sin by advising people positively instead of negatively like he did as a child.

More topics from this board

» I am frustrated

Explncos - Mar 7, 2022

1 by Cerber_ »»
Mar 7, 2022 1:43 PM

Poll: » Itou Junji Kyoufu Manga Collection 15: Hibito no Koiwazurai Chapter 3 Discussion

ReaperCreeper - Oct 27, 2017

2 by Mandelbrot19 »»
May 6, 2021 10:00 PM

Poll: » Itou Junji Kyoufu Manga Collection 15: Hibito no Koiwazurai Chapter 2 Discussion

ReaperCreeper - Oct 27, 2017

2 by Mandelbrot19 »»
May 6, 2021 9:37 PM

Poll: » Itou Junji Kyoufu Manga Collection 15: Hibito no Koiwazurai Chapter 1 Discussion

removed-user - May 17, 2017

3 by Mandelbrot19 »»
May 4, 2021 8:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.